SuiteCRM is a free and open source CRM platform, which can be deployed via cloud or private server. It allows users to manage leads, build pipeline models according to their needs, and monitor their sales. We compiled SuiteCRM user reviews from our website and from around the web and determined that it has generally positive ratings. We also shared its available pricing options.
Summary of SuiteCRM User Reviews
What SuiteCRM Does Well
Users who gave SuiteCRM a positive review mentioned that its open source format allows for easy system customization. They also said that the software is easy to use and integrate with other apps. Great customer support was also cited.
What SuiteCRM Does Not Do Well
There weren’t a lot of negative reviews about SuiteCRM, but some users said that its interface looks outdated.
Most Helpful Positive User Review
“They have continuous development and support via their forum. Paid support is also available now. To have an open source product such as this is quite amazing. They will host a complete solution with their own cloud and you can retrieve your data at any time if you ever want to switch to in-house.”
— Ian Dodds
Most Helpful Negative User Review
A user who left a negative review of SuiteCRM on G2 Crowd complained about its outdated interface, saying that it is difficult to navigate. He shared that it makes some tasks cumbersome to accomplish as he doesn’t know where to find some tools inside the program.
SuiteCRM is available to download and use for free. Services from providers similar to SuiteCRM usually cost around $10 to $20 for apps with basic and straightforward functionalities, while the more extensive ones cost around $50 to $100+ per month.
Check out the list below of some of SuiteCRM’s features.
- Lead and Pipeline Management: enables users to keep track of the various stages of their interaction and level of transaction with their potential clients and customers.
- Contact Management: lets users organize a directory of all their business contacts including their profile and contact information.
- Task Management: allows users to track the progress of their various tasks and projects.
- Mass Email: enables users to send email blasts to all or particular users in their directory.
- Sales Reporting: gives users analyses and predictions of sales growth within an identified timeframe based on their average business performance.
- Opportunity Analysis: displays the probability to close a deal or level of potential purchase or from a customer/client.
- Customizable Sales Processes: enables users to customize the program based on their sales workflows.
- Mobile Access: allows users to manage their CRM functions on-the-go using their smartphones.
- Third-Party Integrations: lets users seamlessly integrate other apps they use such as email automation, ecommerce, VoIP, accounting, and social media.
Helpful CRM Software Resources
What is a CRM Software? An Introduction For Small Businesses — In this guide, we answered questions surrounding CRM software such as what it does, who needs it, how a CRM works, and how/if it can help your small business.
Best Small Business CRM Software — Read our buyer’s guide for a comparison of the top three CRM for small businesses. We compared Insightly vs. Zoho vs. Salesforce to give you an idea of which CRM will work best for your business needs.
Best Free CRM Software — Want to use a CRM, but not willing to invest any resources? Read our guide on the best free CRM for businesses, plus analysis on what features you’ll get with each.
Does SuiteCRM offer a demo?
Yes. Interested users can request for a demo on their website to know more about the product.
What business types does SuiteCRM cater to?
SuiteCRM is made for sales, marketing, IT, and customer support teams from the following business types: enterprises, SMBs, nonprofit organizations, and startups.
SuiteCRM Overview Video
This video provides an overall background on what SuiteCRM can do to help users improve their relationship with their customers, manage their leads, and increase their sales.
When choosing a CRM software, it’s important that the software integrates with other applications your business is currently using. Here is a list of some of SuiteCRM’s popular integrations:
- Google Drive
- Quickbooks SuiteCRM