Cintia StirlingParticipant3 weeks, 1 day ago
I was reading your article about “How to Sell on Facebook Shop” https://fitsmallbusiness.com/how-to-sell-on-facebook-shop/
You mentioned in your article that “Facebook no longer lets users complete purchases from Facebook, so you have the choice to either let customers “Message to Buy“ or “Check Out on Another Site.” And then you add some nice screen shots of the steps to follow.
However, when I am setting my Facebook shop, I am not seeing the options of “Message to Buy“ or “Check Out on Another Site.” Instead Facebook is asking me to provide SSN, bank routing number and other things to setup my payments through Facebook, and I just dont understand why am I seeing different things than what you posted in your article. I am so confused. I dont want to receive payments through FB, I want to redirect customers to my site. Why is this happening? Am I missing something?
Thanks for the help and advice,
Kelly MainModerator1 day, 11 hours ago
Thanks for your message and apologies for my delay.
I just went back to Facebook and setup a shop to confirm that Facebook Shops still work the same way as when the article was written, and I’m still seeing the same options: “Message to Buy” and “Checkout on Another Site”.
Here’s how to find that option/screen:
1. Go to your Facebook Business Page.
2. Click “Settings” in the upper right-hand corner of the screen (below the bell notification icon).
3. Find and click “Templates and Tabs” from the menu on the left.
4. Confirm that your current template is set to “Shopping”.
5. If not, click “Edit”, find the Shopping template, click “View Details, then “Apply Template”.
6. If your template is already set to Shopping, reset it by applying another template, then switching it back to Shopping.
7. Now, go back to your Facebook Business Page.
8. On the left side below your user name click “See More” to expand the menu options.
9. Find and select “Shop”.
10. This will open a box that asks you to select either “Message to Buy” or “Checkout on Another Website”.
Hope this helps, and again, apologies for my delay!
Cintia StirlingParticipant1 day, 1 hour ago
Thank you so much for your response.I did everything you told me, and all I get is FB asking me to enter the information for THEM to process payments. The option of “Check to another website” is nowhere to be seen. I opened this FB page last year, is very new. It is possible that FB has implemented new payment policies that only apply to NEW pages, and maybe OLDER pages are keeping the previous configurations. I don’t know if this is true or not, but that is what it looks like to me.
I even went to the Facebook Business page which explains how to configure payments. The option “check to another website” is not mention there either. You can look here: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/1672007083043120?helpref=faq_content
I am so disappointed I can’t do this, it really makes a difference being able to showcase products on the FB page 🙁
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Not signed in?
Sign in to participate on our website!