Tagged: Retail & Restaurant
- November 20, 2018 at 2:25 pm #283707
Hi, I love the idea of using Square to keep track of my inventory. When I make an in-person sale (day at a vendor event) what are the steps I take to pick my items and have it decrease from my inventory when making a sale?
Thank you, LisaNovember 27, 2018 at 5:37 pm #288236
Great question and Square sounds like the perfect POS option for your vendor day.
1. The first step is making sure you enable “Select Preset Items” to ring up customers when setting up your Square POS account.
2. Enter each of your items including prices and inventory levels before you start selling.
3. When you make a sale, make sure to select the preset item instead of entering a dollar amount manually. This way, the item will automatically be reduced from your inventory. To do this, go to “Checkout” then on the bottom of the checkout screen press the button on the right which will bring you to your item list. Then just select whichever item you are selling.
Hopefully this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
November 27, 2018 at 5:39 pm #288237
- This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Meaghan Brophy.
And here is an article (with pictures!) that explains step-by-step how to manage your inventory with Square: https://fitsmallbusiness.com/square-inventory-items-guide/
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.