Civil construction job management software for 12 people
I run the office for a small bitumen company with 12 employees, including management and office staff.
I am looking for an *affordable* software with the following capabilities;
– Ability to upload / create job sheets with job specifications and directions for the job that all employees can access
– Ability to upload custom and fillable JSEA (Job Safety and Environmental Analysis) A.K.A. SWMS (Safe Work Method Statement) that has the ability to allow the crew to digitally sign off on the sheet for each job.
– Ability for employees to upload photos of the job site throughout and at the end of each job
– Ability to upload and complete a contract variation with customers
– Ability to download all the aforementioned documents to the PC hard drive in the office for digital filing.
I have found quite a few software programs that allow all of this, how ever a lot of them are a couple of hundred dollars per month! As a small, locally owned company, we can’t afford this amount.
The only software I’ve found that seems to meet all of our criteria is ServiceM8 except they only run on iOS and our systems are all windows and android.
Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated. Thank you.
Thanks for posting your question. You may want to take a look at our articles on Workforce Management and Timekeeping software. For example, T-Sheets allows users to sign off on jobs electronically as well as take photos of the job (plus GPS and team tracking), and it’s likely you’d be able to upload your own docs or forms for esignature as well. It costs about $5 per user per month to start, but it sounds like you’d need some customization and or interfaces to get all that you need. In most cases, you won’t need to download photos or PDFs to your PC, as they’re stored electronically (in the cloud) saving you an administrative step.
Here are links to other articles that focus on tools that may work:
Best scheduling software — Most also track time and work by team, with GPS and job costing added
Best timekeeping software — Zoho People has an option to create and upload your own custom forms (costs between $1-$3/month per employee), but I’m not sure if it has ability to attach image files (photos) to each job.
Best workforce management software — Check out Deputy — it’s very configurable and can interface to other software through Zapier. Starts at about $3 per employee per month.
My recommendation would be to sign up for a free trial or demo of all three of these and see which offers you the best solution for your exact needs. Make sure you can create the forms you need and have them esigned while workers are offsite (via tablet or smartphone).
(Don’t fall for a sales pitch with Powerpoint slides — make the sales rep show you how the software works, with examples demonstrating how it meets your civil construction job needs in a live demo environment.)
Best of luck to you!
Laura, HR Staff Writer