Looking for the right Quick Books software – cloud vs. desktop
We are looking to purchase Quick books software and have questions as to which package is best for our organization
1. Small company – there will only be 2 accountants accessing/working with the accounting software
2. We operate several small companies – therefore the software must be able to handle multiple companies and allow us to input adjusting entries and produce basic financial statements (balance sheet and income statement)
3. There are transactions that flow between multiple companies
4. We need to have the capability of preparing year-end balance sheet; income statement; trial balance and doing adjusting entries
5. Not sure if cloud base will be able to meet these needs?
6. Is desk top best option? Everyone is telling me go cloud based – although, I need to know what is the correct version of cloud or desk top that will accommodate our needs/requirements
7. We don’t need to track inventory, No purchase orders, NO budgeting needs
8. Currently don’t require Payroll functionality, however we may add this on in the future
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thank you kindly
For small businesses I generally would recommend QuickBooks Online. However, there are a couple of features that are not available in QBO that you require. First, you can only have one company file for every QuickBooks Online account that you create; whereas the desktop version allows you to set up as many companies as you need to with one license.
QuickBooks Online also does not do intercompany transactions since you can only have one company. The best desktop product that will meet these two needs is going to be QuickBooks Enterprise. While it is the top of the line QuickBooks product and therefore pricy, it is capable of doing everything that you require and more.
You can learn more about QuickBooks Enterprise here: https://enterprisesuite.intuit.com/products/enterprise-solutions/pricing/?scroll=top
I recommend that you download a free trial of the software and test it out before you buy it.
All the Best-
Disclaimer: We spend hours researching and writing our articles and strive to provide accurate, up-to-date content. However, our research is meant to aid your own, and we are not acting as licensed professionals. We recommend that you consult with your own lawyer, accountant, or other licensed professional for relevant business decisions. Click here to see our full disclaimer.
Product or company names, logos, and trademarks referred to on this site belong to their respective owners.