what do I need to put into quickbooks? For 2011
A friend asked me to help with her taxes from 2011. She has quickbooks and a whole bunch of statements. I’m not sure what I need to enter so she can send it to a CPA
Wow, you are a good friend! You can enter bank and credit card statements manually by going directly to the check register in QuickBooks. However, you need to be sure and set up each bank account and each credit card account first. Since you’re entering data for 12 months, it might be worth it to see if you can download the data into a csv file. If you can get the data in an Excel worksheet then you can easily import it into QuickBooks instead of manually entering each transaction. If you are using QuickBooks Online, we’ve got a few video tutorials that will show you how to do this step by step. I have listed the steps that you need to follow along with a link to each video tutorial.
1. Set up all bank and credit card accounts on the chart of accounts
2. Manually enter transactions for each month into check register or credit card register.
3. Import banking transactions.
4. Reconcile each bank account after all transactions are entered. I recommend you do this on a monthly basis and not try and reconcile all 12 months at the same time.
5. Reconcile each credit card account after all transactions are entered. Again, try and do 1 month at a time.
Good luck with everything!
All the Best-
Disclaimer: We spend hours researching and writing our articles and strive to provide accurate, up-to-date content. However, our research is meant to aid your own, and we are not acting as licensed professionals. We recommend that you consult with your own lawyer, accountant, or other licensed professional for relevant business decisions. Click here to see our full disclaimer.
Product or company names, logos, and trademarks referred to on this site belong to their respective owners.