Tax Software and App Review
I noticed you have written a number of reviews on tax software and tax productivity apps.
I wanted to let you know about an app we released in November called 1Tap Receipts by Receipt Bank. It is an app designed to help the 30 million+ self employed professionals keep track of their business receipts throughout the year. There are a couple really unique things about our approach to this complicated task.
– The data extraction for this app allows self employed pros to takes a picture of a receipt and it automatically extracts all of the data from the receipt in less than 10 minutes – supplier name, date, amount, and type of expense. No data entry by the accountant or the self employed professional needed. People can use the app and never have to type in info from a receipt again. The data extraction is 99% accurate. This is what really sets us apart from the other apps where you have to still type in the data after it is imaged (or the accuracy is really poor and it needs to be corrected in other apps a high percentage of the time).
– Self employed professionals can also email in receipts to a dedicated email address they receive and the same automation of data entry occurs.
– If someone saved 100+ receipts throughout the year and they download the app they can quickly scan all the receipts and the data entry will be done in minutes – they can then provide all of the info to their tax advisor quickly and easily.
– Self employed professionals can share data with their accountant or tax professional via the app and the accountant can see as their client uses the app throughout the year.
– We have hundreds of accounting firms using our app and distributing the app to their self employed clients. Accountants can review all of their self employed clients expenses and mark an expense as “not deductible” if it doesn’t meet the allowed criteria.
– Another cool feature of the app is that business expenses and personal expenses can be split when taking a picture of the receipt.
– A PDF of all receipts can be exported by the user or the accountant at any time. Data is saved in the system for 7 years for audit protection.
– We chose to purposely focus on this one simple task and do it really well. As other apps try to do too much and it makes the app really complicated.
– Self employed professionals can buy the app directly of course. There is a free trial of the app. We offer a paid version for up to 15 receipts a month for $24.99 and an unlimited version for $49.99 for the year. Low pricing compared to other apps.
Receipt Bank works with 5,000 accounting firms around the world and their 200,000 clients to automate data entry around bookkeeping and tax preparation.
Would be great if you could include 1Tap Receipts in any review this tax season. We have over 100,000 happy users of 1Tap in the UK and the US. 1Tap Receipts has been featured by both Apple and Google.
Let me know if you have any questions
Chief Marketing Officer
Thank you for your inquiry. If you have a product that’s great for small business, affordable, and has great reviews, you can fill out a request form from our reviews page which can be accessed by clicking here
It doesn’t cost anything, and all we typically ask is that you link the review back to your website.