United℠ Explorer Business Card
Earning miles redeemable toward United Airlines travel
- Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 at restaurants, gas stations and office supply stores
- Earn 2 miles per $1 on United purchases and 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
- Free checked bag - save up to $120 per roundtrip (terms apply)
- Two one-time United Club℠ passes each year - more than a $100 value
- Priority boarding for you and companions on the same reservation on United-operated flights
- Employee cards at no additional cost
Note: This card is no longer being offered
- Introductory bonus miles offer
- 2 free passes each year
- Priority boarding for you and a companion
- Below average ongoing travel rewards
- No introductory APR offer
- Comes with an annual fee
The UnitedSM Explorer Business Card is an excellent travel card designed for business owners who fly frequently with United airlines. This small business credit card offers travel rewards that can be redeemed for free flights as well as travel perks like free checked bags, United Club passes, and priority boarding.
Who the UnitedSM Explorer Business Card Is Best For
- Owners who fly frequently with United Airlines: The UnitedSM Explorer Business Card offers rewards that can be used for free flights with United Airlines and its partners. This card is also ideal for owners who check bags regularly on United flights because it allows one free checked bag each for the cardholder and a traveling companion.
How We Evaluate Travel Rewards Business Credit Cards
When grading business travel credit cards like the UnitedSM Explorer Business Card, we weigh ongoing rewards, introductory rewards, and additional features heaviest. We also take into account the annual fee, introductory no-interest period, and ongoing annual percentage rates (APRs).
UnitedSM Explorer Business Card Fees
- Introductory APR: None
- Ongoing APR: 16.49% to 23.49% variable, which will adjust with the prime rate
- Annual fee: $95, waived for the first year
- Balance transfer fee: Either $5, or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Cash advance fee: Either $10, or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
UnitedSM Explorer Business Card Rewards
- 2 miles on purchases made directly with United Airlines, including tickets, Economy Plus®, in-flight food, beverages, Wi-Fi, and other United charges
- 2 miles for every dollar spent at restaurants, hotel stays, and eligible delivery services
- 1 mile for every dollar spent on all other purchases
Welcome offer: Earn 60,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening
You can redeem your miles by booking travel on United flights or United partner airlines. One-way Saver Award travel starts as low as 12,500 miles for flights within the United States and Canada. You will be responsible for paying all taxes and fees levied by the government on plane tickets. While there are no blackout dates, there are no guarantee award seats will be available for every flight.
UnitedSM Explorer Business Card Features
United Club Passes
With UnitedSM Explorer Business Card, you can earn two one-time passes to the airline’s lounges on each account anniversary. This pass offers complimentary beverages, snacks, and free Wi-Fi while you wait for your departure.
First Free Checked Bag
The UnitedSM Explorer Business Card allows you and one companion traveling on the same reservation to check one bag for free each way. Since United typically charges $30 per checked bag, this benefit is worth up to $120 per round-trip flight.
You and companions on the same reservation will be able to board United-operated flights prior to general boarding. Priority boarding follows boarding by groups, including members of the military, families with children under two years old, and those with elite status in the airline’s frequent flyer program.
Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
The benefit will compensate you, your immediate family members, and employee credit card holders for trips that are canceled or interrupted due to a covered condition. To be eligible, at least a portion of the trip should have been paid for with Chase business credit card. Chase offers up to $10,000 in coverage per person and $20,000 per trip for prepaid, nonrefundable travel expenses.
Trip Delay Reimbursement
The trip delay reimbursement covers trips delayed for more than 12 hours or delays that require an overnight stay due to equipment failure, bad weather, labor strikes, or a hijacking. You, your spouse, and dependent children 22 years old and younger are eligible for a reimbursement of expenses up to $500 with your UnitedSM Explorer Business Card. Covered expenses include meals, lodging, toiletries, and medication.
Baggage Delay Protection
If your checked baggage is delayed or misdirected by a carrier for more than six hours, you and your immediate family members are eligible for a $100 per day benefit for up to three days. The coverage is limited to purchases of essential items like clothing, toiletries, and charging cables for cellphones. Jewelry, prosthetics, tickets, money, and electronic devices are not covered.
Lost Luggage Reimbursement
If your checked or carry-on luggage is lost or damaged while on a flight or traveling with another covered carrier, like a passenger train, you and your immediate family members are eligible for reimbursement of up to $3,000 for each. This coverage includes a $500 maximum benefit for jewelry, watches, cameras, video recorders, and other electronic equipment. Loss of papers, money, or tickets aren’t covered.
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
When you rent a car, you’re covered in case of accident or theft. Coverage is primary if the vehicle rental is for business purposes, which means you won’t need to use your personal auto insurance or accept the insurance offered by the rental agency. Rentals of 31 consecutive days or fewer are eligible, and you may be reimbursed for up to the cash value of the vehicle. Certain vehicles are not covered, such as expensive vehicles, trucks, motorcycles, vans designed to carry more than eight people, and recreational vehicles.
Purchases damaged or stolen within 120 days of purchase are covered with purchase protection. Chase may repair, replace, or reimburse you for these items up to $10,000 per item and $50,000 per year. Antique items, animals, living plants, motorized vehicles, computer software, consumables, jewelry, medical equipment, and preowned items are excluded from this coverage.
Extended Warranty Protection
Chase will extend the original manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year on warranties of three years or less up to a maximum of $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account. To be eligible, you must have charged a portion of the purchase to your UnitedSM Explorer Business Card or used reward points to make the purchase. This warranty protection does not cover motorized vehicles, real estate, medical equipment, computer software, used items, and leased items.
UnitedSM Explorer Business Card Alternatives
Chase Ink Business Preferred®
BEST FOR Maximizing travel rewards at a lower annual fee
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Maximizing travel rewards at a lower annual fee
American Express Business Platinum Card®
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Gaining access to unrivaled travel rewards and luxury travel perks like airport lounge access
- Welcome Offer: Earn 120,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, 0% Intro APR for 12 months from the date of the account opening on purchases eligible for Pay Over Time. After that, your APR will be 14.24% to 22.24% based on your credit worthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Earn 1.5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible purchases in key business categories, as well as on purchases of $5,000 or more everywhere else. Cap applies.
- Unlock over $1,000 in value per year for statement credits on select purchases with your Card, including up to $400 with Dell Technologies, up to $360 with Indeed, up to $150 with Adobe and up to $120 on wireless telephone purchases. Enrollment required.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year toward baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- Access to more than 1,300 airport lounges across 140 countries and counting with The American Express Global Lounge Collection®. More lounge options than any other credit card on the market as of 8/2020.
- $595 Annual Fee ($695 if application is received on or after 01/13/2022).
- Terms Apply.
- Free access to more than 1,300 airport lounges worldwide
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® membership fee reimbursements
- Balance is due in full monthly
- Steep $595 annual fee
- American Express lounges: Free access to American Express’ network of Centurion lounges located in slightly less than a dozen US airports.
- Other airport lounges: Priority Pass Select membership, which gets you free access to more than 1,300 lounges worldwide for you and two guests.
- Airport screening: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry every 4 years or $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every 4 1/2 years.
- Travel credit: Up to $200 annual statement credit toward air travel expenses like baggage fees and inflight food and drink.
- Rental status: Elite status at a number of car rental agencies.
- Free Wi-Fi: 10 annual free Gogo inflight Wi-Fi passes.
- Rebate for redeemed points: 35% points rebate if you book a business or first-class flight, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Dell statement credit: Up to $400 in statement credits annually for Dell purchases.
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card
Receiving rewards on Southwest purchases
- Earn 60,000 points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- 6,000 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary.
- 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest® purchases and Rapid Rewards® hotel and car rental partner purchases.
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Earn points on employee spending
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- No blackout dates when you redeem points, no seat restrictions, bags fly free®, and no change fees
- No foreign transaction fees
- Aids in qualifying for elite status with Southwest
- Helps owners earn the Southwest Companion Pass
- Rewards program is tailored to Southwest-related purchases
- Lacks premium Southwest Airlines perks
- Lost luggage reimbursement: Receive coverage up to $3,000 if you or your immediate family members’ checked or carry-on bags are damaged or lost.
- Baggage delay insurance: Reimburses you for essential purchases like toiletries and clothing for baggage delays over six hours; up to $100 a day for 3 days.
- Purchase protection: Covers purchases for 120 days against damage or theft. Coverage is capped at $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account.
The UnitedSM Explorer Business Card is best for business owners who primarily fly with United Airlines and want to earn rewards for free flights. This card is also a great option for travelers who usually check a bag and travel with a companion. Check other top business credit cards to find an alternative card for your business.