United Club℠ Business Card
United Airlines enthusiasts who regularly use airport lounge access
- Earn 100,000 bonus miles
- United ClubSM membership
- 2 Premier Access® travel services
- First and second checked bag free
- Earn double miles on tickets purchased from United
- Earn 1.5 miles per $1 spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- Free United Club membership
- Free first and second checked bags
- High annual fee
- Low ongoing rewards
- United Club Passes: Get free access to United Club locations for you and your travel companions
- Free checked bags: Receive two free checked bags for you and companion on the same reservation
- Premier Access: You’ll get expedited airport security screening line, priority boarding, and priority baggage handling for you and your companions on the same reservation
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status: Get access to join Hertz Gold Plus Rewards President’s Circle for exclusive perks and discounts.
- Trip insurance: Get reimbursed when your trip is canceled, up to $10,000 per person and $20,000 per trip. You’ll also be covered if your trip is delayed up to 12 hours for an eligible reason.
- Baggage delay insurance: Your luggage is covered if it’s delayed or misdirected for more than six hours, up to $100 per day.
- Lost luggage reimbursement: You’re covered for any lost or damaged luggage during your travel with United Airlines and partner airlines, up to $3,000 per person.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: You’re covered for a damaged or stolen rental vehicle, when you waive the car rental dealer’s insurance and the entire rental purchase is placed on the card
- Purchase protection: You’ll receive repair, a replacement, or reimbursement for items that were damaged or stolen with 120 of purchase, up to $10,000 per item and $50,000 per year
- Extended warranty protection: You’ll be covered for an additional one year of warranty protection with manufacturer’s warranties three years and under, limited to $10,000 per item and $50,000 per year.
The United ClubSM Business Card is an excellent travel card designed for business owners who primarily fly with United Airlines. This small business credit card offers travel rewards that can be redeemed for free flights with United and its partner airlines. The $450 annual fee includes a United Club membership, valued at $550.
Who Is United ClubSM Business Card Best For
- Owners who are frequent United Airlines flyers: The United ClubSM Business Card includes a United Club membership and offers travel rewards that can be redeemed for a free flight with United Airlines and its affiliates.
- Owners who frequently check bags: The United ClubSM Business Card is also ideal for owners who regularly check bags on United flights because it allows you and one traveling companion to check two bags each for free each way.
How We Evaluate Travel Rewards Business Credit Cards
When grading travel rewards business credit cards like the United ClubSM Business Card, we weigh ongoing rewards, introductory rewards, and additional features heaviest. We also considered the card’s annual fee, introductory annual percentage rates (APRs), and ongoing APRs.
United ClubSM Business Card Fees
- Introductory APR: None
- Ongoing APR: 16.49% to 23.49% variable, which will adjust with the prime rate
- Annual fee: $450
- Balance transfer fee: Either $5, or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Cash advance fee: Either $15, or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
United ClubSM Business Card Rewards
- 2 miles for every dollar spent directly on United purchases
- 1.5 miles on all other purchases
Welcome offer: Earn 50,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening
You can redeem your miles for free flights with United and its partner airlines. Taxes and fees levied by the government on plane tickets shall be charged to your account. One-way Saver Award travel starts as low as 12,500 miles for flights within the United States and Canada.
United ClubSM Business Card Features
United Club Membership
You and eligible travel companions will receive free access to all United Club locations and participating Star Alliance-affiliated lounges with your United ClubSM Business Card. Star Alliance includes 27 member airlines. You can enjoy complimentary beverages, snacks, and free Wi-Fi while you wait for your departure. Membership rates for the United Club typically are based on the member’s MileagePlus® status level, which typically costs between $450 and $550 per year.
Two Free Checked Bags
You and one companion traveling on the same reservation using your United ClubSM Business Card can check two bags for free each way. United charges $30 for the first checked bag and $40 for the second, so this benefit is worth up to $280 per round-trip flight.
This benefit is meant to get you and your companions on the same reservation using your United ClubSM Business Card through the airport and onto your plane quicker. The Premier Access perk offers exclusive check-in lines, premier access security lane, priority boarding, and priority baggage handling.
Booking Fees Waived
United Airlines normally charges a $75 fee when you book award tickets within 21 days of departure. However, with the United ClubSM Business Card, you can avoid paying this fee. This may be a particularly valuable benefit as most awards seats may open up during this time period.
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards President’s Circle Elite Status
The United ClubSM Business Card enables you to join the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards President’s Circle and earn a 25% bonus on Hertz Gold Plus Rewards points. It also allows you to earn a free one-car-class upgrade every time you rent from Hertz.
Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
This benefit will compensate you for trips canceled or interrupted due to a covered condition when you pay for at least a portion of your trip with your United ClubSM Business Card. You, your immediate family member, and employee credit cardholders are eligible for coverage of $10,000 per person and $20,000 per trip for your prepaid, nonrefundable travel expenses.
Trip Delay Reimbursement
If your trip is delayed for more than 12 hours or an overnight stay by equipment failure, bad weather, labor strikes, or a hijacking, you’re eligible for a reimbursement of expenses up to $500. Covered expenses include meals, lodging, toiletries, and medication. This coverage is available for the cardholder, the cardholder’s spouse, and dependents 22 years of age and younger. To be eligible, at least a portion of the delayed trip must have been paid with your Chase credit card.
Baggage Delay Insurance
With United ClubSM Business Card, you are eligible for a $100 per day benefit for up to three days if your checked baggage is delayed or misdirected by a carrier for more than six hours. The coverage is limited to purchases of essential items like clothing, toiletries, and charging cables for cellphones. Certain items are excluded from this benefit like prosthetics, tickets, documents, money, jewelry, and electronic devices.
Lost Luggage Reimbursement
If your checked or carry-on luggage is lost or damaged while on a flight or traveling with another covered carrier, like a passenger train, you and your immediate family are eligible for reimbursement of up to $3,000 for each covered person. This coverage includes a $500 maximum benefit for jewelry, watches, cameras, video recorders, and other electronic equipment. Loss of documents, cash and its equivalent, and tickets are not covered.
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
When you rent a car using your United ClubSM Business Card, you’re covered in case of accident or theft. Coverage is primary if the vehicle rental is for business purposes, which means you won’t need to use your personal auto insurance or accept the insurance offered by the rental agency. You may receive reimbursement for up to the cash value of the vehicle.
Expensive, exotic, and antique automobiles, vans designed to carry more than eight people, trucks, motorcycles, and recreational vehicles, and loss or theft of personal belongings are not covered.
The issuer may repair, replace, or reimburse you for items purchased with your United ClubSM Business Card that are damaged or stolen within 120 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per item, up to $50,000 per year. Certain items are not covered like animals, living plants, computer software, motorized vehicles, jewelry, consumables, real estate, tickets, and preowned items.
Extended Warranty Protection
Chase will extend the original manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year on warranties of three years or less up to a maximum of $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account. You must have charged some portion of the purchase to your United ClubSM Business Card or used reward points to make the purchase. Motorized vehicles, medical equipment, computer software, items purchased for resale, and rented items are excluded from this coverage.
United ClubSM Business Card Alternatives
Chase Ink Business PreferredSM
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Maximizing travel rewards at a lower annual fee
- New Offer! Earn 100k bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee
Note: The information related to the Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card has been collected by fitsmallbusiness.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.
- Opportunity to boost the value of reward points
- Offers cellphone protection and trip cancellation insurance
- Does not offer an interest-free financing period
- Charges an annual fee
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad.
- Cellphone protection: You and the employees named on the phone bill you pay for with your card are covered for up to $600 in theft or damages per claim. You are limited to three claims per 12-month period, with a $100 deductible per claim.
- Trip cancellation and delay insurance: If your trip is canceled, you can be compensated up to $15,000 for prepaid expenses such as airfare or hotels. If your trip is delayed for 12 hours or more, you can be reimbursed up to $500 for your hotel room, meals, and transportation.
American Express Business Platinum Card®
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Gaining access to unrivaled travel rewards and luxury travel perks like airport lounge access
- Earn 85,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Platinum Card plus earn 5x points on eligible purchases in 5 select business categories, up to 80,000 bonus points per category, all within the first 3 months of Card Membership.† Terms Apply.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when you book on amextravel.com.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- PAY OVER TIME OPTION: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.
- Terms Apply.
- Free access to over 1,200 airport lounges worldwide
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® membership fee reimbursements
- Balance is due in full monthly
- Steep $595 annual fee
- American Express lounges: Free access to American Express’ network of Centurion lounges located in slightly less than one dozen U.S. airports.
- Other airport lounges: Priority Pass Select membership, which gets you free access to more than 1,000 lounges worldwide for you and two guests.
- Airport screening: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry every four years or $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every 4½ years.
- Travel credit: A $200 annual statement credit toward air travel expenses like baggage fees and inflight food and drink.
- Rental status: Elite status at a number of car rental agencies.
- Free Wi-Fi: 10 annual free Gogo inflight Wi-Fi passes.
- Rebate for redeemed points: 35% points rebate if you book a business or first-class flight, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Dell statement credit: Up to $200 in statement credits annually for Dell purchases.
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card
Receiving rewards on Southwest purchases
- Earn 60,000 points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- 6,000 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary.
- 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest® purchases and Rapid Rewards® hotel and car rental partner purchases.
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Earn points on employee spending
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- No blackout dates when you redeem points, no seat restrictions, bags fly free®, and no change fees
- No foreign transaction fees
- Aids in qualifying for elite status with Southwest
- Helps owners earn the Southwest Companion Pass
- Rewards program is tailored to Southwest-related purchases
- Lacks premium Southwest Airlines perks
- Lost luggage reimbursement: Receive coverage up to $3,000 if you or your immediate family members’ checked or carry-on bags are damaged or lost.
- Baggage delay insurance: Reimburses you for essential purchases like toiletries and clothing for baggage delays over six hours; up to $100 a day for 3 days.
- Purchase protection: Covers purchases for 120 days against damage or theft. Coverage is capped at $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account.
The United ClubSM Business Card is an ideal travel card for business owners who often fly with United Airlines and want to use the United Club lounges. It offers several travel perks, including free checked bags and Premier Access® travel services. If this card is not what you are looking for, check other business credit cards to find a better option.