You can choose from one of five U.S. Bank business credit cards, including category bonus, no-interest and travel rewards cards. The issuer offers both no-annual fee cards and rewards cards that charge a modest annual fee. The best U.S. Bank ongoing APRs are several percentage points lower than typical business credit cards charge.
U.S. Bank’s cards may appeal to owners seeking higher rewards on category spending. Four of the issuer’s five cards offer two points or more for every dollar spent on categories such as office supplies and airfare. Still, ongoing rewards are lower on average than what the best business credit cards offer.
U.S. Bank Business Cards at a Glance
|Cellular, gas, and office supply expenses|
|Owners wanting large introductory rewards|
|Owners who frequently carry a balance|
|Businesses with large automotive or entertainment expenses|
|Businesses with large airfare expenses|
The five U.S. Bank small business credit cards are:
U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards World Elite™ Mastercard®
0% APR for 15 Billing Cycles
- Earn a new cardmember bonus of $500 after you spend $4,500 in eligible net purchases on your card within the first 150 days of account opening
- 0% Intro APR on purchases for the first 15 billing cycles. After that variable APR currently 11.99% - 22.99%
- 3% cash back on eligible gas station, office supply store and cell phone/service provider net purchases
- 1% cash back on other eligible net purchases
- No limit on total rewards and they never expire!
- Plus, a 25% Annual Cash Rewards bonus, up to $250
- No annual fee*
- Net purchases are purchases minus credits and returns
- A 0% APR period on purchases on balance transfers
- 25% annual cash rewards bonus
- Small introductory bonus offer
- Balance transfer fee
- MasterRental car rental collision damage waiver: When you rent a car using your U.S. Bank credit card, you’re covered in case of accident or theft on all rentals made worldwide. Coverage is primary, which means you won’t need to use your personal auto insurance or accept the insurance offered by the rental agency. Coverage is capped at $50,000.
- Purchase assurance: U.S. Bank may repair or reimburse for items purchased with your U.S. Bank business credit card that are damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $1,000 per loss, up to $25,000 per year per account. Lost items and items left out of reach that others can see are not covered.
- Extended warranty protection: U.S. Bank will double the manufacturer’s warranty up to an additional one year from the expiration of warranties of five years or less. An item with a six-month warranty would be backed for an additional six months, for example. The issuer will replace the item or reimburse you up to the amount charged on your U.S. Bank card up to $10,000.
The U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards World EliteTM MasterCard® is best for businesses with large cellphone service, gas, and office supply budgets. It offers enhanced bonus rewards in those categories, paying slightly less than the best cash back business cards. You’ll also earn a modest introductory bonus.
This card offers a decent 0% introductory APR period, and charges ongoing APR that’s below average for cardholders with excellent credit of at least 750. Business owners with lower credit scores can expect to pay an interest rate as many as eight percentage points above average. Learn more about this card in our full U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards World EliteTM MasterCard® review.
U.S. Bank Business Leverage® Visa Signature® Card
Expenses that shift from month to month
- Earn 75,000 points worth $750 cash back. Just spend $7,500 in eligible net purchases on the Account Owner's Card within the first four months of account opening.
- Earn 2X points per dollar spent on eligible net purchases made in the top two categories where you spend the most each month - automatically.
- Earn 1X points per dollar spent on all other eligible net purchases.
- No caps or limits on the total points you can earn.
- Earn even more rewards when you link you card to your U.S. Bank payment processing account. Only U.S. Bank rewards you for both taking payments and making purchases. Learn more at usbrelationshiprewards.com
- Free employee cards
- Personalized ongoing rewards
- Large sign-up bonus
- Requires excellent credit
- No introductory financing
- Extended warranty protection: The issuer will double an original manufacturer’s warranty up to an additional one year for warranties of three years or less. The coverage is limited to $10,000 per item.
- Purchase protection: Protection for items that are damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $500 per claim and up to $50,000 per cardholder, per year.
The U.S. Bank Business Leverage® Visa Signature® Card is best for owners whose spending needs change each month. It offers two points per dollar spent on the two categories in which you spend the most. It also offers a unique first-year bonus that could be extremely lucrative, especially for owners who need multiple employee credit cards.
This card also comes with a fairly unique protection typically offered only by the best business travel rewards cards. The issuer will offer reimbursement if your luggage is lost or stolen when traveling on a plane, train, ferry, or cruise ship you paid for with your card. Learn more about this card in our full U.S. Bank Business Leverage® Visa Signature® Card review.
U.S. Bank Business Platinum Card
Extended 0% APR period on purchases and balance transfers
- 0% Intro APR* on purchases and balance transfers for the first 20 billing cycles. After that variable APR currently 9.99% - 17.99%*
- No annual fee*
- Free employee cards
- Zero fraud liability* protects you against unauthorized transactions
- One of the longest 0% APR period offered
- No annual fee
- Comes without rewards
- Extended warranty protection: U.S. Bank will double an original manufacturer’s warranty up to an additional one year for warranties of three years or less. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per item.
- Purchase protection: U.S. Bank offers purchase protection for items that are damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase. The coverage is limited to $500 per claim and up to $50,000 per cardholder, per year.
The U.S. Bank Business Platinum Card is best for businesses that often carry credit card balances. Owners with an excellent credit score of at least 750 may qualify for the lowest interest rate, which is about five percentage points below average. You’ll also receive an introductory 0% introductory APR for purchases and balance transfers on par with the best 0% APR business cards.
This card charges no annual fee, but also offers no introductory or ongoing rewards. Its free benefits include purchase protection against theft or damage and extended warranty protection. This card also doesn’t report to personal credit bureaus. Learn more about this card in our full U.S. Bank Business Platinum Card review.
U.S. Bank Business Select Rewards Card
Earning points rewards in your choice in category spending
- Earn 20,000 bonus points after you spend $1000 in eligible net purchases during the first 90 days after opening your account
- Earn 3 points per dollar on eligible net purchases in one category of your choice: Day-to-Day Expenses, Automobile or Travel & Entertainment
- Earn 1 point per dollar on other eligible net purchases
- No cap on total points you can earn
- No annual fee*
- Net purchases are purchases minus credits and returns
- Variable APR currently at 11.99% - 22.99%* Variable
- Bonus category rewards on everyday business expenses
- Interest-free financing period
- Sign-up bonus offer
- Earns top rate in only one spending category
- Rewards expire after five years
- Points are non-transferrable
- Card Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver: Waive the rental car merchant’s insurance and you’ll be covered in the event the rental vehicle is damaged or stolen, up to the vehicle’s value.
- Purchase Protection: U.S. Bank will repair or reimburse you for items that were damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.
- Extended Warranty Protection: Get double the warranty protection on manufacturer’s warranties of three years or less.
- Travel and Emergency Services: Access to 24-hour emergency, medical, travel, and legal assistance.
The U.S. Bank Business Select Rewards Card is best for businesses that can take advantage of its rewards bonus categories. It offers three points per dollar spent in one of three categories you choose: day-to-day expenses, automotive, or travel and entertainment. Day-to-day expenses cover a wide range of business needs, such as shipping, advertising, utilities, office supplies, telecommunications, and professional services.
This card charges no annual fee and offers a modest introductory bonus. Its free benefits include purchase protection against theft or damage and extended warranty protection. Learn more about this card in our full U.S. Bank Business Select Rewards Card review.
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Business Travel Rewards
Earning travel rewards on office supply, gas, cell phones expenses
- Earn 25,000 enrollment FlexPoints worth $375 on airfaire, hotel stays, car rentals and more. Just spend $2,000 in eligible Net Purchases on your card within the first four months of account opening.
- Earn 2X FlexPoints in the category where you spend the most each month-gas stations, office supply stores or airlines, plus on cellular providers.
- Earn 1 point for every other eligible net dollar spent.
- $25 Airline Allowance offers reimbursement for up to $25 per round-trip air travel award ticket toward baggage fees, in-flight food and drinks, or a seat upgrade when you use your card
- If you spend $24,000 in net purchases annually, your $55 annual fee (plus $10 fee for each employee card) gets credited back to your account.
- $25 Airline Allowance
- Annual fee waived for the first year
- Lower-than-average tiered rewards
- No 0% APR period
- Car rental discounts: Receive discounts from National Car Rental, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, and Alamo Rent A Car when you use your card for the transaction.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver: Receive coverage in the event your rental vehicle is damaged or stolen, up to the cash value of the vehicle.
- Purchase protection: U.S. Bank will repair or reimburse you for items that were damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase, up to $500 per claim and up to $50,000 per account holder.
- Extended warranty protection: U.S. Bank will double any manufacturer’s warranty that’s three years or less.
- Travel accident Insurance: Receive coverage in the event of travel accidents resulting in bodily harm, including death, up to $500,00.
- Travel and Emergency Services: Cardholders have access to 24-hour travel, medical, emergency, and legal assistance.
The U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Business Travel Rewards Card is best for businesses with large gas, office supply, or airfare budgets. You’ll earn two points per dollar spent on whichever one of those three categories you spend the most on each month. The return on travel spending is on par with what airline cards offer, but less than you’ll earn with the best business travel rewards cards.
You’ll pay a $55 annual fee, which U.S. Bank will reimburse if you spend $24,000 or more annually on the card. The card’s free benefits include purchase protection against theft or damage and extended warranty protection. Learn more about this card in our full U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Business Travel Rewards Card review.
Choosing the Right U.S. Bank Business Credit Card
Owners with an existing relationship with U.S. Bank, who often carry card debt, or who want higher rewards on the purchases they most frequently make should consider U.S. Bank business credit cards. All cards could help you build your business credit score. The issuer offers credit cards with unique spending bonuses, decent ongoing rewards, and solid introductory 0% APR financing.
The types of U.S. Bank business credit cards that are available to business owners are:
- Cash back rewards cards: Owners can earn cash back on their business-related purchases. Cash back cards offer rewards of up to 5% on certain category spending. We reviewed dozens of small business credit cards and found U.S. Bank’s rewards aren’t quite as good as those offered by the best cash back business credit cards.
- No-interest credit cards: The best 0% interest credit cards offer long introductory interest-free periods on purchases and balance transfers. U.S. Bank offers a card with a good introductory offer.
- Points rewards cards: Similar to cash back cards, points rewards cards allow owners to earn rewards on their business-related purchases. Points cards offer up to five points back on certain category spending. U.S. Banks rewards aren’t quite as good as the best cards that offer points rewards.
- Travel rewards credit cards: This type of card is best for owners who want to earn rewards for their airfare, hotel, or rental car expenses. U.S. Bank pays ongoing rewards toward airfare on par with airline credit cards, but lower than the best business travel credit cards.
When evaluating whether or not you’ll get a business credit card, look for the features best for your business. U.S. Bank offers cards that can help you save money on interest payments and earn rewards that you can put back into your business.
What U.S. Bank Business Credit Cards Are Missing
The U.S. Bank business credit cards that offer rewards tend to offer introductory and ongoing rewards that are slightly less competitive than what other small business credit cards offer. In addition, the issuer offers no small business credit cards that pay fixed-rate rewards nor a card geared toward anyone who doesn’t have good to excellent credit. One of the top cards that offers fixed-rate rewards is the American Express Blue BusinessSM Plus.
U.S. Bank Business Credit Card User Reviews
We found numerous online reviews from U.S. Bank business cardholders. Reviews are generally positive. Users with good experiences say they both like the rewards program and the ease in which they can redeem their rewards. Users with negative experiences say cards from other issuers offer higher rewards.
Alternatives to U.S. Bank Business Cards
Like U.S. Bank, Chase offers numerous small business credit cards that offer category rewards. However, this alternative to U.S. Bank tends to offer higher returns — both in introductory or ongoing rewards. If your firm has a significant travel budget, consider applying for the Chase Ink Business PreferredSM, which offers 3x points for every dollar spent on travel.
U.S. Bank offers five small business credit cards that either offer bonus rewards on certain spending categories or a low interest rate on ongoing spending. The cards offer a mix of annual fees and introductory and ongoing APRs. The best U.S. Bank business credit card for your firm depends on which categories your business spends the most.
When examining the U.S. Bank small business credit cards, make sure you compare this issuer’s cards with what other card companies offer before making a decision. Our credit card marketplace is a great place to compare the best small business credit cards.