Vtiger is a cloud-based and full-featured CRM. It enables users to perform various sales, marketing, and customer management tasks such as lead capturing, pipeline building, contact management, and sales performance analysis. We compiled Vtiger user reviews from our website and around the web and determined that it has generally positive ratings. We also shared its available pricing options.
Summary of Vtiger User Reviews
What Vtiger Does Well
Users who gave Vtiger a positive review said that it is a comprehensive yet straightforward CRM tool. They noted that its third-party integrations, collaboration features, and cloud-based capabilities are helpful in streamlining their workflows.
What Vtiger Does Not Do Well
There’s not a lot of negative reviews about Vtiger, but some users said that its interface is outdated.
Most Helpful Positive User Review
“I appreciate its easy integration with third-party apps for email, calendar, contacts, and telephony. It makes team collaboration easy. Vtiger centralizes workflows across the whole sales process (including post-sales), with features for leads, contacts, organizations, customer assets, projects, customer support, help desk, etc.”
— Jose A. Garcia
Most Helpful Negative User Review
“There is room for improvement in the design and user interface. Compared to Quickbase, this system (or at least, the version we use) looks old-fashioned.”
— Christopher Boutros
Vtiger offers three subscription plans: Sales (ranges from $14 to $28/user/month), Help Desk (ranges from $0 to $28/user/month), and All-in-One ($42/user/month). The main difference between the plans is the availability of premium features, such as lead scoring, invoicing, payment tracking, and real-time insights.
(or $10 to 20/user/month)
(or $10 to 20/user/month)
*Annual plans are paid in full at the start of the billing cycle.
Prices exclude regional taxes.
Check out the list below of some of Vtiger’s features:
- Sales Insights: provides users with intelligence about every contact and deal.
- Multi-Channel Help Desk: gives users access to a centralized support center for email, phone, chat, and social platforms.
- Lead and Pipeline Management: enables users to keep track of the various stages of their interaction and level of transaction with their potential clients and customers.
- Project Management: allows users to build projects involving customers, deals, and cases.
- Inventory Tracking: enables users to track the status of their current inventory and services.
- Contact Management: lets users organize a directory of all their business contacts including their profile and contact information.
- Task Reminders and Notifications: automatically prompts users to follow-up on a lead based on the level of their interaction with a potential customer or client.
- Importation and Exportation of Data: allows users to download data to and from the app such as contact information of leads, various files, sales reports, among others.
Helpful CRM Software Resources
What is a CRM Software? An Introduction For Small Businesses — In this guide, we answered questions surrounding CRM software such as what it does, who needs it, how a CRM works, and how/if it can help your small business.
Best Small Business CRM Software — Read our buyer’s guide for a comparison of the top three CRM for small businesses. We compared Insightly vs. Zoho vs. Salesforce to give you an idea of which CRM will work best for your business needs.
Best Free CRM Software — Want to use a CRM, but not willing to invest any resources? Read our guide on the best free CRM for businesses, plus analysis on what features you’ll get with each.
Does Vtiger offer a free trial or demo?
No. There was no mention of a free trial or demo on the website. However, the Help Desk plan has a free option. Users just need to sign up and start using the program immediately.
What types of customer support are available to users?
Users have access to an online knowledge base, video tutorials, webinars, e-books, and direct customer representative assistance.
Vtiger Overview Video
This video provides an overall background on what Vtiger can do to improve a user’s relationship with its customers.
When choosing a CRM software, it’s important that the system integrates with other applications your business is currently using. Here is a list of some of Vtiger’s popular integrations: