You can choose from three Wells Fargo business credit cards, including a cash back card, a card for businesses with $1 million in annual sales, and a card for building credit. These cards are best for businesses wanting to earn 1.5% cash back. The issuer also offers the top-rated secured business credit card.
Business owners may be interested in Wells Fargo credit cards because they earn fixed-rate rewards on all spending. This issuer’s cards also offer top introductory rewards on par with the best small business credit cards. Wells Fargo is also one of the few business credit card issuers that doesn’t report to personal credit bureaus.
Wells Fargo Business Cards at a Glance
Wells Fargo Business Elite SignatureCard®
Businesses with over $1 million in annual sales
- Get a one-time $1,000 cash back bonus or 100,000 bonus points when you enroll in the Business Elite Card Rewards Program and spend $15,000 in the first three months of account open date; $75 annual rewards program fee waived for the first year
- Earn 1.5% cash back on every $1 spent
- No foreign transaction fee
- Up to 200 employee cards
- Bill payment options
- Online Business reporting tool
- $0 additional card fee
- A large introductory bonus offer
- Low ongoing APR
- Up to 200 free employee cards
- Low ongoing rewards
- Offers no bonus category rewards
- Cannot apply online
- Spending controls: Set transaction limits, time limits, and spending category restrictions on any employee card.
- Business Elite Online Reporting: Convenientiently Review and track business analytics and spending habits.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver: Receive coverage for stolen or damaged rental vehicles, when you waive the rental car merchant’s insurance, up to the cash value of the vehicle.
- Purchase Security: Get items repaired or replaced that were damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase, or get reimbursed for the value of the item, up to $10,00 per claim and $50,000 per year.
- Extended Warranty Protection: Visa will double the length of warranty protection offered by the manufacturer, up to one year, for warranties three years or less.
- Travel and Emergency Assistance: The cardholders, their spouse, and dependents get free access to emergency, medical, travel, and legal assistance 24 hours a day.
The Wells Fargo Business Elite Card® is best for businesses needing many employee credit cards (up to 200). It comes with robust spending controls similar to what corporate credit cards offer. This card is ideal for owners who occasionally carry a balance because it charges one of the lowest annual percentage rates (APRs) available on the market.
The spending controls are quite flexible, allowing you to set dollar limits and category limits on purchases as well as limit employee spending to business hours only. The Wells Fargo Business Elite Card® also comes with several free benefits, such as car rental insurance and purchase protection. Learn more about this card in our full Wells Fargo Business Elite Card® review.
Wells Fargo Business Platinum Credit Card
Choosing cash-back or points rewards with no annual fee
- Get a one-time $500 cash back bonus or 50,000 bonus points when you enroll in the Business Card Rewards Program and spend $3,000 in the first three months of account open date; $0 annual rewards fee
- Earn 1.5% cash back on every $1 spent
- Earn 1 point on every $1 spent and receive 1,000 bonus points when your company spend is $1,000 or more in any monthly billing period
- No annual card fee, plus up to 99 employee cards (no additional fee)
- Cash management tools
- Spending reports available online
- Online banking and bill payment options
- Excellent introductory bonus offer
- No-interest financing period
- Ongoing bonus rewards for meeting monthly spending requirements
- Low ongoing rewards
- Airline ticket redemption fees
- Points have an expiration
- Purchase security: Wells Fargo offers coverage for purchased items that have been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase. They may repair, replace, or reimburse you for the items. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per item and up to $50,000 per year.
- Wells Fargo design studio: Wells Fargo allows you to design your card by uploading an image that represents your company. For example, the image could be your business logo or storefront.
The Wells Fargo Business Platinum Credit Card is best for owners who want to earn fixed-rate rewards without having to pay an annual fee. It offers a decent introductory 0% interest period on purchases and balance transfers and introductory rewards equal to what the best cash back business cards offer.
Employee credit cards are free, and you can add up to 99 cards. The Wells Fargo Business Platinum Credit Card also comes with purchase security, which protects items you purchased with your card against damage or theft for 90 days. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per item. Learn more about this card in our full Wells Fargo Business Platinum Credit Card review.
Wells Fargo Business Secured Credit Card
Business owners with poor credit
- Cash Back option: Earn 1.5% cash back on every $1 spent
- Reward Points option: Earn 1 point on every $1 spent and receive 1,000 bonus points when your company spend is $1,000 or more in any monthly billing period
- $0 annual rewards program fee
- $500 to $25,000 credit line
- Zero liability protection
- Approval with credit scores below 580
- Your choice of fixed-rate cash back or points rewards
- Requires a security deposit of at least $500
- Has an annual fee
- Purchase Assurance: Wells Fargo will repair, replace, or reimburse you for items that are damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.
- Design Studio: Include a personal image or business design on your credit card.
We recommend the Wells Fargo Business Secured Credit Card as the best secured business credit card. It’s our top pick because it’s the only nationally available secured business card, it’s cheaper to own than other options, and it offers a higher credit limit than many other secured cards.
Wells Fargo reports your spending and payment history to both personal and business credit bureaus, which will help improve your credit score through responsible use. Plus, Wells Fargo offers fixed-rate rewards on all spending, which is rare for a secured credit card, and promises periodic reviews of your account and recent credit history to see if you qualify for an unsecured credit card. Learn more about this card in our full Wells Fargo Business Secured Credit Card review.
Choosing the Right Wells Fargo Business Credit Card
Business owners with an existing relationship with Wells Fargo, who need to repair their business credit, or who want a very low ongoing annual percentage rate should consider Wells Fargo business credit cards. You can get business credit cards from Wells Fargo that offer decent ongoing rewards, charge low interest rates, and help improve bad credit.
The types of Wells Fargo business credit cards that are available to business owners are:
- Fixed-rate cash back rewards cards: Owners can earn cash back on their business-related purchases; most fixed-rate cards offer rewards of 1% to 2% on all purchases; the best cash back business credit cards offer better rewards than you’ll find on a Wells Fargo small business credit card
- Low-interest credit cards: The best low-interest credit cards offer long introductory 0% APR periods on purchases and balance transfers or very low ongoing APRs; Wells Fargo offers a card with an average introductory APR offer and a card with one of the best ongoing APRs on the market
- Secured credit cards: A secured business credit card is designed for business owners with credit scores below 579; the credit limit on a secured credit card is usually equal to the cash deposit held in a collateral account; Wells Fargo’s business secured credit card is the best available because it charges a modest annual fee and offers ongoing rewards
When evaluating Wells Fargo’s small business credit cards, look for the features that will best benefit your business. Wells Fargo offers cards that can help you save money on interest payments, earn rewards that you can put back into your business, or build your personal credit so you can graduate to an unsecured credit card.
What Wells Fargo Business Credit Cards Are Missing
The fixed-rate returns on Wells Fargo business credit cards are lower than what other rewards credit cards offer, with the exception of the Wells Fargo Business Secured Credit Card. What’s more, Wells Fargo doesn’t offer a card that earns category bonuses or rewards for travel.
The best of this type of small business credit card offers up to 5% cash back or five points/miles per dollar spent. Consider the Chase Ink Business Cash® card, which offers 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on telecommunications services each account anniversary year
Wells Fargo Business Credit Card User Reviews
In searching the web for Wells Fargo business credit card reviews, we found that cardholders hold mixed opinions about the issuer. Satisfied users say they like being able to earn fixed-rate rewards on all spending. Still, unhappy users say Wells Fargo pays lower ongoing rewards than what other credit cards offer.
Alternatives to Wells Fargo Business Credit Cards
If fixed-rate rewards appeal to you, there are higher-paying options than what Wells Fargo offers. There are five Capital One business credit cards that offer fixed-rate rewards, including several that pay a higher rate than Wells Fargo. Consider the Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business, which pays 2% cash back on all spending.
Wells Fargo offers three small business credit cards that cater to business owners who want to earn fixed-rate rewards on all spending. The cards offer a mix of annual fees and introductory and ongoing APRs. Wells Fargo business credit card reviews find the best card for your firm depends on which credit card features will benefit you the most, such as the introductory and ongoing rewards and the interest rate offered.
Before deciding whether a Wells Fargo small business credit card is right for you, make sure you compare this issuer’s cards with what other card companies offer. Our Credit Card Marketplace is a great starting point to compare the best small business credit cards.