6 Best Online Real Estate Schools in Colorado 2023
This article is part of a larger series on How to Become a Real Estate Agent.
Whether you need to complete the initial 168 hours required by the state of Colorado (CO) to get your broker’s license, continuing education (CE) to renew it, or upgrade to an employing broker’s license, online education is an excellent option. Online real estate schools in Colorado provide high-quality education while allowing students flexible learning formats and schedules. We’ve explored dozens of online education providers in the Centennial State to narrow down the best real estate schools in Colorado that offer courses at any stage of your real estate career.
- The CE Shop: Best for experienced agents seeking customizable continuing education for license renewal
- Aceable Agent: Ideal choice for aspiring agents wanting to complete their prelicensing courses on the go
- Kaplan: Perfect for individuals in any stage of their real estate career seeking a variety of learning formats
- Colibri Real Estate: Great for its bundled packages for candidates seeking initial licensing education
- Van Education Center: Ideal for experienced agents who are looking to upgrade to employing broker status
- Colorado Real Estate School: Excellent for access to local real estate experts for all stages of licensing
Best Real Estate Schools in Colorado at a Glance
Education Provided & Starting Price
Employing broker prelicensing: $35
Exam prep: $79
Phone, email, live chat
Phone, email, live chat
Employing broker prelicensing: $599
Exam prep: $35
Phone, email, live chat
Exam prep: $99
Phone, email, live chat
Exam prep: $59
Phone, email, live chat
Exam prep: $89
Phone and email
Things you need to know before enrolling for your Colorado real estate license education: Along with education requirements, there are additional steps to completing your real estate licensure. Check out our step-by-step guide to becoming a real estate agent in Colorado to help you get started.
To find out which best real estate school in Colorado will best suit your real estate needs and education, take this quick quiz:
Which best real estate school in Colorado is right for you?
The CE Shop: Best for Customizable Continuing Education
- Interactive learning
- Allows you to purchase individual or course packages
- Career assistance and interactive study groups
- Does not offer post-licensing courses
- No livestream or webinar learning format
- No 1:1 coaching or training
- Association of Real Estate License Law Officials (ARELLO)
Every three years, agents in Colorado must complete 24 hours of continuing education to renew their licenses. The CE Shop is the best real estate school in Colorado for new and experienced agents looking to earn CE credits. Although its courses are entirely self-paced, it manages to keep the environment fun by incorporating interactive exercises with its unique learning platform, LEAP 2.0. It also offers prelicensing, employing broker licensing, and exam prep courses.
The CE Shop has an advantage over competitors thanks to its flexible course selection. Select the continuing education that interests you and develop competence in the areas you want to focus your business on with class options including Ethics at Work, Personal Safety, Technology Tools, Trends, and Risk Management.
The CE Shop Additional Features
- Exam Prep Edge: The course content is state-specific and covers every topic and subtopic a student may encounter in their licensing exam. It has a free initial assessment and unlimited practice tests to help students master complex topics.
- Pass Guarantee: The CE Shop is one of the accredited real estate schools in Colorado that has a 90% national pass rate. If a retake is required, the school offers prelicensure students reimbursement of their initial licensing exam costs. The Pass Guarantee is only available in prelicensing packages with Exam Prep Edge.
- Refund policy: If you’re unhappy with your course, request a full refund within 30 days from purchase (as long as your course progress is less than 50%).
- Free trial: If you’re still unsure about getting a course from The CE Shop, sign up for its five-day free trial, which gives you unlimited access to a prelicensing course.
- Agent resources: The CE Shop provides free career resources on its Agent Essentials page to help you succeed in real estate. These free resources include blogs, e-books, videos, podcasts, and webinars about industry news and hot topics.
The CE Shop Reviews
The CE Shop has a review rating of 3.9 out of 5 for its high-quality content. Agents adore The CE Shop’s incredibly concise, informative, and straightforward lessons, which help them pass their examinations. Furthermore, The CE Shop’s user-friendly website enhances the user experience of agents. Quickly locate state-specific course details by clicking over the drop-down menus.
Regarding negative reviews, one user complained that starting the course on a phone is difficult because it frequently freezes, and they were constantly kicked out. A few students also expressed dissatisfaction with the platform’s customer service, saying they had a bad experience and it failed to help them resolve their issues. Consider Aceable Agent, which provides a student concierge available seven days a week to assist students with their concerns.
The CE Shop Pricing
The CE Shop offers individual and tiered packages for prelicensing, broker licensing, CE, and exam prep courses, which you can customize based on your interest, like adding flashcards, e-books, and career resources.
Prelicensing: Starting at $495
All packages include business e-books, career resources, downloadable resources, digital flashcards, real estate glossary, and a study schedule.
- Standard Package: $495 for 168 hours of CO prelicensing, national and Colorado exam prep edge, and pass guarantee
- Value Package: $545 for everything in the standard package, plus business building courses
- Premium Package: $689 for everything in the value package, plus 16-hour CO broker CE package and e-textbook
Employing Broker Prelicensing: $35
- Individual courses: $35
Continued Education: Starting at $35
- Individual courses: Range from $35 to $65
- 8-hour CO 2023 Annual Broker CE Package: $69 includes Colorado 2023 Annual Commission Update (four mandatory hours) and Assistance Animals and Fair Housing (four elective hours)
- 12-hour CO Broker CE Electives Package: $99 for 12 elective CE hours required for active broker license renewals
- 16-hour CO Broker CE Package (with Ethics course): $129 includes 12 elective hours and four annual commission update hours
Exam Prep: Starting at $79
- Exam Prep Edge: CO Broker State Portion: $79
- Exam Prep Edge: PSI National Portion: $79
- Exam Prep Edge: CO Broker National & State Portions: $135
Visit The CE Shop
Use Promo Code: FSB30 for 30% off
Aceable Agent: Best for On-the-Go Prelicensing Courses
- Practice tests, study guides, and flashcards provided
- Provides an "Ace or Don't Pay Guarantee" and a mobile application
- Courses developed by industry experts
- Only prelicensing courses are offered
- Course extensions are available, but at an additional cost
- No 24/7 customer service
- International Distance Education Certification Center (IDECC)
Aceable Agent is well-known for its courses allowing students to switch between devices easily. Its prelicensing courses are fully online-based and include elements geared toward modern learning, such as the ability to do coursework on desktop computers, tablets, and mobile phones. It also offers an auto-save feature to pick up where you left off and downloadable PDFs to learn with or without an online connection.
Because Aceable Agent features flexible course schedules, it is the best Colorado real estate school for new and busy agents who want to finish the coursework independently and can communicate with instructors via email anytime. Aspiring agents can also keep their current jobs until they pass the real estate exam and join a brokerage.
Aceable Agent Additional Features
- Mobile app: It lets you sign up and complete your Aceable Agent real estate course entirely on any online device. It was developed with engaging content for students to complete at their leisure. Download the app for free from the Apple Store or Google Play.
- Interactive self-paced learning: It contains engaging real estate topics, audio and video lessons, and pop-up questions to keep students engaged and help them retain the information better.
- Mastery Tracking: Track your course progress and identify which topics should be reviewed, which makes studying more effective.
- Professional development: Aceable Agent offers professional development in video-based and self-paced courses designed to help strengthen the foundation of an agent’s career. Courses can be synced across phones, tablets, and desktops, and were developed and taught by industry experts.
Aceable Agent Reviews
Aceable Agent garnered an excellent customer review rating of 4.9 out of 5. Most students recommended its courses as they were easy to understand, and the course content was relevant and straightforward. One student appreciated how thorough the materials are, and the examples make it easy to understand and retain content to memory. Another aspiring agent appreciated the platform for its convenience, allowing them to log in on either laptop or cell phone.
In less favorable Aceable Agent reviews, one student said that sometimes the app would glitch and misread certain pages. Another student claimed that the practice test lacked similar questions to the final exam, and the courses offered by Aceable Agent are also largely unavailable. To keep your license active, check out courses from Kaplan, which have a comprehensive list of states covered for real estate licensing education courses—from prelicensing to employing broker prelicensing.
Aceable Agent Pricing
Aceable Agent students are offered three bundled course pricing options starting at $295. All packages include a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 91% national pass guarantee.
Prelicensing: Starting at $295
- Basic: $295 for complete 168-hour real estate course, self-paced online PDF format textbook, instructor support, and money-back guarantee
- Deluxe: $519 includes everything in the Basic package, plus 75 videos, 70 audio lessons, digital flashcards, real estate exam prep e-book, and deluxe real estate exam prep
- Premium: $699 for everything included in the Deluxe package, plus private tutoring, live webinars, access to webinar archive, and live Q&A
Visit Aceable Agent
(25% off, no promo code required)
Kaplan: Best for Its Learning Format Variety
- Instructors are active professionals in the industry
- Provides live interactions
- Includes course demos
- Allows only up to 6 months of course access
- Highest pricing
- Limited customer support
Kaplan is the best online real estate school in Colorado for its high-quality online real estate education at any stage of your career, whether you’re looking to obtain your first license, a license upgrade, or continuing education. It differs from its rivals by offering a variety of learning environments to choose from to suit your preferred learning style. Home study or on-demand options may be suitable for self-motivated individuals, but if you require a little more direct motivation, the livestream option can help you stay on track.
In addition to the course learning formats mentioned above, Kaplan offers two more opportunities for live engagement: study groups and career mentorship. Both are live discussions with knowledgeable faculty members and fellow students that will help you prepare for your exam and professional real estate career.
Kaplan Additional Features
- Learning management system (LMS): It features a simple user interface, slide-based content delivery, and click-through navigation, which allows students to navigate and access their courses easily.
- Interactive study groups: It is a weekly live webinar and a real-time interaction with instructors that discusses and covers the state and national portions of the exam.
- Virtual exam proctoring: This works the same way as in-person proctoring. The final test will be proctored in Kaplan’s virtual classroom, accessible via the student’s LMS platform.
- Career toolbox: Contains free real estate news, blogs, recorded webinars, a video library, and topical advice to help you stay updated with the latest industry trends.
Reviews of the Kaplan Real Estate school reveal that students are happy with the school’s top-notch professors, praising their professionalism, friendliness, and responsiveness. The study group guidelines, in-depth explanations, and weekly resources provided by Kaplan are also commended by aspiring agents for helping them pass the real estate exam on their first attempt. As a result, Kaplan received a 4.4 out of 5 customer review rating.
However, negative Kaplan Real Estate reviews condemn some of its out-of-date information. Several students complained about system errors they ran into while doing their coursework. We suggest The CE Shop and Aceable Agent if you’re seeking affordable real estate education with easy-to-navigate and straightforward dashboards.
Kaplan’s extensive online Colorado real estate course selection includes tiered options that allow students to select programs based on format preferences, individual learning goals, and additional features. To personalize your learning process, Kaplan offers packages and individual courses for purchase.
Prelicensing: Starting at $599
All packages include 168 hours of courses, online proctoring, state and national exam prep, drill and practice Qbank (question bank), textbooks, and interactive group study. Higher-tiered packages include extra features for career advancement. You can choose from the following learning packages:
- Home Study Packages: $599 or $799
- On-demand Packages: $799 or $999
- Live Online Packages: $899 or $1,099
Employing Broker Prelicensing: Starting at $599
All packages include 168 hours of courses, state and national exam prep, drill and practice Qbank, textbook, live online coaching, and interactive group study.
- Home Study Packages: $599 or $799
- On-demand Packages: $799 or $999
- Live Online Packages: $899 or $1,099
Continued Education: Starting at $19
- Individual courses: Can be purchased from $19 to $59 in on-demand and online formats
- Tiered packages: Can be purchased from $19 to $399 in on-demand, home study, and live online formats
Exam Prep: Starting at $35
Kaplan offers two different educational delivery methods to help you complete your Colorado real estate license requirements: on-demand online exam prep and live classroom exam prep. Students can also purchase individual or tiered course packages.
- Individual Courses
- Real Estate Math OnDemand Course: $35
- Modern Real Estate Practice Flashcard Review: $42
- Tiered Packages
- Real Estate Study Package: $99
- Complete Colorado Real Estate Drill and Practice Qbank: $99
- Colorado Exam Prep OnDemand Course Package: $199
- Colorado Exam Prep Live Online Package: $199
(Use Promo Code: Kapre5 for 5% off)
Colibri Real Estate: Best Bundled Packages for Prelicensing Education
- Purchase packages or individual courses
- Career hub with agent resources
- Provides live customer support
- No post-licensing or employing broker prelicensing education
- Doesn't have 24/7 customer service
- No mobile app or interactive study groups
Colibri Real Estate, formerly known as Real Estate Express, tailors its bundled packages to accommodate all learning styles. It offers comprehensive resources, like e-books and textbooks, and all its courses are led by knowledgeable and experienced local real estate experts. Aside from these, its CE classes available to Colorado residents are offered through its partner company, McKissock Learning, which sets it apart from other providers.
Whether you are looking for a more guided approach or independent learning to become a real estate agent, Colibri Real Estate’s learning management system (LMS) gives you access to live interaction with other students, expert instructors, and Q&A sessions and forums. In addition, “Smart Bites” is another tool that will break down real estate knowledge into smaller comprehensive pieces to help you prep for and pass your exam.
Colibri Real Estate Additional Features
- Pass or Don’t Pay Guarantee: If students do not pass the state exam, they may submit their scores to Colibri Real Estate for a refund of the purchased package. However, the guarantee is not valid for the states of Florida, Michigan, New Jersey, and Tennessee.
- Livestream Exam Crammer series: The exam crammer series includes six one-hour webinars led by real estate instructors that provide a hyper-focused approach to prepping for the exam.
- Course extension: Colibri Real Estate allows you to extend your course access from seven, 30, or up to 60 days at an additional cost if you cannot complete your course within the allotted six-month period.
- CompuCram Readiness Indicator: The unique exam readiness tool from Colibri Real Estate assists students in monitoring their progress and evaluating their overall test readiness, giving them the assurance and competitive edge they require to perform well on their tests.
Colibri Real Estate Reviews
Colibri Real Estate has a customer review rating of 4.1 out of 5 from 252 students. Most students love the course materials and instructors because they taught them everything they need to know to pass the real estate licensing test on their first try. Also, students appreciate how informative and easy to use the platform is and how convenient the courses are since they have 24/7 access to work at their pace.
However, some students mentioned that the curriculum could be more entertaining and offer more visual, graphics, and engaging content instead of being so text-heavy. Another student said that the course materials have multiple typos and need to be updated. Students seeking more interaction within the classes should consider a livestream course like Kaplan’s live online instruction course format and interactive study groups.
Colibri Real Estate Pricing
Colibri Real Estate offers various prelicensing packages with professional growth opportunities. It doesn’t provide post-licensing and real estate employing broker prelicensing education, but offers continuing education through its partner school, McKissock Learning.
Prelicensing: Starting at $427
- The Basics: $427 includes a 168-hour prelicense course, state-approved instructor support, three real estate study guides, and Buffini & Company coaching videos
- Exam Preparation: $491 adds CompuCram exam preparation with simulated exams, flashcards, readiness assessments, and audio review guides to the The Basics package
- Exam Preparation Plus: $550 has everything in The Basics and Exam Preparation packages, plus a live exam crammer series, instructor Q&A, and an animated video library
- Ultimate Learning: $637 is its most comprehensive package, with everything above plus a full 12 months of access to career success tools
Continued Education: Starting at $29
- Individual courses: Ranging from $29 to $49
- CO McKissock CE Plus Membership: $229 for all CE courses in Colorado, pro-series webinar on-demand library, how-to videos, 100-plus job aids, product and service discounts, and access to knowledgeable education specialists
Exam Prep: Starting at $99
- CO Exam Prep: $99 includes exam prep with audio review guides
- CO Exam Prep Live: $219 for exam prep with audio review guides, animated learning videos from Sketchy, instructor Q&A, and live exam crammer series
Visit Colibri Real Estate
(Use Promo Code: FSB25 for 25% off)
Van Education Center: Best for Upgrading to an Employing Broker License
- Offers a self-paced format with interactive elements
- 5-day free trial
- Provides frequent discounts
- Mid-range pricing
- No livestream learning format
- Doesn't offer post-licensing or broker licensing courses
- Colorado Department of Higher Education, Private Occupational School Board
To be in charge of your own brokerage in Colorado, you must have at least two years and 50 points of experience and complete the 24 hours of broker administration training. Van Education Center (VanEd) is your go-to option for moving toward your employing broker license. It has a robust online platform that provides easy navigation through courses and interactive features that include real estate flashcards, quizzes, progress charts, and glossaries.
VanEd’s unique element is the Q&A system that allows you to post questions directly to professional instructors 24/7 and access the Q&A database to get quick answers to all your career-based inquiries.
Van Education Center Additional Features
Example of VanEd’s monthly payment options
- Flexible payment options: VanEd allows agents to split their course fee payments over two or three months by check or credit card.
- Career enrichment and professional development programs: VanEd offers real estate appraisal courses, real estate professional training programs, and designations and certifications, such as Graduate, Realtor Institute (GRI), and Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR) designations.
- Course availability: Online courses are easy to use and are accessible on any device, like smartphones, tablets, and desktops.
- Refund policy: If you’re not satisfied with VanEd’s education program, you may ask for a refund within 72 hours of purchase. The refund is also applicable if you have not yet completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
Van Education Center Reviews
Reviews from Agent Advice for Van Education Center claim that VanEd’s courses are affordable, simple to use, and provide excellent support. Aside from these, many students said that the program made them feel confident on exam day, giving the school a high review rating of 4.36 out of 5.
However, a few disgruntled students claimed that the course material was boring, making it challenging to finish the course. We recommend looking at other institutions like Colibri Real Estate if you’re seeking real-time livestream interactions with teachers.
Van Education Center Pricing
Van Education Center’s pricing structure includes education packages and individual courses at affordable rates. VanEd offers a five-day trial for prelicensing and a refund guarantee.
Prelicensing: Starting at $425
All packages include complete 168-hour real estate courses, a five-day free trial, and 12 months of course access.
- Essentials: $425 for live instructor support, live customer service, and exam prep courses
- Advantage: $525 includes everything in the Essentials package, plus e-book, money-back pass guarantee, six study guide workbooks, and licensing exam practice workbook
- Premium: $650 for everything in the Advantage package, plus CREC annual commission update course, 20% off discount for one year of CE courses, and career kick-start course
Continued Education: Starting at $13
- Individual courses: Ranging from $13 to $250
Exam Prep: Starting at $59
- Individual courses: $59
- Colorado Real Estate License Exam Prep: $99
- Colorado Real Estate License Exam Prep for Out-of-State Licensees: $150
- National Real Estate Exam Prep and Law and Practice: $150
Colorado Real Estate School: Best for Access to Local Experts
- Provides tiered package options
- Offers low-cost courses
- Additional math instruction
- Doesn't offer post-licensing and broker prelicensing courses
- Interactive study groups, 1:1 coaching and training, and mobile app not available
- No live chat customer service
- Colorado Department of Higher Education, Division of Private Occupational Schools
Colorado Real Estate School is the top real estate school in Colorado if you’re looking for fellow Coloradans to assist with your learning. It is located in Denver and boasts an online experience replicating a classroom environment by offering self-paced video streaming and open-book exams to test your knowledge. In addition, Colorado Real Estate School offers its Insider’s Guide to Passing the Real Estate Exam, which identifies your areas of weakness so you can focus on studying them before you take the exam.
All packages provide additional math assistance by breaking down equations into “Math Moments” for easier comprehension. A unique feature included with the deluxe package is the pass incentive, which guarantees a refund of your state exam fee ($44.95) if you pass the exam on the first try within four months of enrollment.
Colorado Real Estate School Additional Features
- Live webinars: These are weekly live webinars that provide students with Q&A sessions with their instructors.
- VideoConnect Success Learning System: This makes learning fast and easy with its highly engaging, instructor-led videos. Its video courses provide an authentic classroom experience while letting you learn the material at home.
- Exam Cram Workshop: It is a monthly live, all-day webinar hosted by top-rated instructors. It is also focused on key knowledge areas, test-taking strategies, and your questions.
- Course accessibility: Online courses are ready and accessible on any device, like smartphones, tablets, and desktops, with internet access.
Colorado Real Estate School Reviews
Colorado Real Estate School acquired an outstanding customer review rating of 4.8 out of 5. Many students commented that they loved the exam cram webinar and the insider’s guide, which helped them pass their exam on the first try. Numerous students also praised the highly knowledgeable and experienced instructors for their professionalism and excellent teaching skills.
However, some students said that the interface is slightly dated and several readings are formatted oddly, making the course resources hard to read. Consider Van Education Center if you need free and updated real estate resources that contain industry news, career tips, how-to’s, business practices, and infographics.
Colorado Real Estate School Pricing
Colorado Real Estate School offers individual courses and multiple packages that satisfy Colorado educational requirements. All its classes are entirely online, allowing students to watch lectures easily on their own time.
Prelicensing: Starting at $399
All prelicensing packages include complete 168-hour real estate courses, email and webinar instructor support, weekly live Q&A webinar, unlimited real estate practice tests, refund policy, TruSupport pass guarantee, real estate math made easy, and digital flashcards.
- Standard: $399 for everything mentioned above, plus six months’ course access, digital national real estate reference manual, and insider’s ultimate exam prep system
- Enhanced: $450 includes everything in the Standard package, plus eight months’ course access, new agent business training, and intro to commercial real estate
- Deluxe: $550 includes everything in the Enhanced package, plus ten months’ course access, phone instructor support, live full-day exam cram webinar, and pass incentive
Continued Education: Starting at $25
- Elective CE courses: Ranging from $25 to $34
Exam Prep: Starting at $89
- State Exam Prep: $89
- National Exam Prep: $89
- Insider’s Guide, Complete Exam Prep: $149
- Ultimate Exam Prep: $199
Visit Colorado Real Estate School
How We Evaluated the Best Real Estate Schools in Colorado
Colorado real estate licensing requires a substantial amount of time sitting in a classroom: 168 hours of prelicensing, 24 hours of continuing education, and 24 hours of broker administration. Luckily, online education is a great alternative to ensure you are getting high-quality real estate education while maintaining your daily routine.
The best real estate schools will provide various course formats, interactive learning strategies, positive customer reviews, and reasonable pricing to accommodate each learner’s needs. We’ve considered local and national education providers with these factors in consideration to determine the best accredited online real estate schools in Colorado.
With various learning environments available that combine an in-person feel with at-home comfort, we’ve found The CE Shop to be the best real estate school in Colorado. Additions of live and interactive study sessions, exam preparation tools, and instructional expertise have given The CE Shop an advantage over its competitors.
We also considered the following criteria during the evaluation to determine what is the best real estate school in Colorado:
25% of Overall Score
Consists of various formatting and learning styles for each course to meet the specific needs of the agent as well as ease of course accessibility.
20% of Overall Score
Pricing is based on the cost and availability of pre- and post-licensing, continuing education courses, and exam prep for each online institution.
15% of Overall Score
The availability of each level of education for different stages of licensure. This would include pre- and post-licensing, continuing education courses, broker prelicensing, and exam prep.
15% of Overall Score
We considered the availability of services past licensure, such as coaching, training, and career assistance. Also, we checked whether the provider offers pass or refund guarantees for its courses.
10% of Overall Score
Based on customer feedback for each program, with particular attention given to reviews of the product and popularity of the provider, to certify the course meets user satisfaction.
10% of Overall Score
Expertise in the field and firsthand experience with the providers allow us to evaluate the standout features, value for the money, and ease of use for each school.
5% of Overall Score
We looked into the convenience and attainability of customer service for technical support and instructor assistance.