Seacoast National Bank provides business checking accounts with no required opening deposits and minimum balances. It also offers access to more than 55,000 Allpoint ATMs worldwide Allpoint ATMs worldwide includes the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and Mexico. , providing more savings to small businesses. Various lending solutions and savings products are also available.
Seacoast Bank has three business checking accounts:
- Premium Business Checking is designed for sole proprietors and nonprofits and offers 75 free monthly transactions. The $15 monthly maintenance fee is waivable.
- Business Checking has 150 fee-free monthly transactions and a waivable monthly maintenance fee of $10.
- Business Checking Plus offers a higher free transaction limit of 350 and waives the $20 monthly maintenance fee in multiple ways.
- Low free transaction allowance for Premium Business Checking
- No free checking account
- Hefty wire fees
- Free business debit card
- Online and mobile banking with Bill Pay
- 50% discount on safe deposit box rental for Premium Business Checking
- Business savings, money market, and certificates of deposit (CDs)
- Business loans, equipment loans, and Small Business Administration (SBA) loans
- Integrates with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Google Pay
How Seacoast National Bank Stacks Up With Its Competitors
Monthly Transaction Limit Before Fees
Premium Business Checking
Florida Seacoast Bank's branches are available in several counties in Florida. These counties are Alachua, Brevard, Broward, Citrus, Collier, Columbia, Dixie, Duval, Gilchrist, Hendry, Hillsborough, Indian River, Lake, Levy, Marion, Martin, Miami-Dade, Okeechobee, Orange, St. Lucie, Sarasota, Seminole, Palm Beach, Pinellas, and Volusia.
Silver Business Checking
125, then 50 cents per item
All states U.S. Bank is available in all states via online banking. It has branches in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
All states (online only)
Visit Bluevine Bluevine is a fintech platform backed and FDIC-insured by a supporting bank partnership with Coastal Community Bank.
When Seacoast National Bank Is a Good Fit
- You’re a sole proprietor or nonprofit making 75 or fewer monthly transactions: Seacoast National Bank’s Premium Business Checking is exclusive for sole proprietors and nonprofits. This account provides up to 75 fee-free transactions, which include checks paid, deposit slips, and each check within the deposit.
- You can maintain required fixed balances or debit card transactions: Seacoast Bank’s highest tier account, Business Checking Plus, provides a 350 free transaction limit. The monthly fee is waived by meeting a $2,500 daily balance, maintaining a $5,000 average monthly balance, or making 15 debit card transactions Debit card transactions don't include ATM transactions. per month.
- You need access to various business lending solutions: The bank offers a full array of financing, such as lines of credit, SBA loans, equipment loans, and owner-occupied real estate loans.
When To Consider Seacoast National Bank Alternatives
- You need in-person banking, but your business is outside Florida: Seacoast National Bank is known as one of the largest banks in Florida, with branches spread out in 25 counties Seacoast Bank's branches are available in several counties in Florida. These counties are Alachua, Brevard, Broward, Citrus, Collier, Columbia, Dixie, Duval, Gilchrist, Hendry, Hillsborough, Indian River, Lake, Levy, Marion, Martin, Miami-Dade, Okeechobee, Orange, St. Lucie, Sarasota, Seminole, Palm Beach, Pinellas, and Volusia. . However, if your business is located outside this state, we recommend Chase for its nationwide presence. See our Chase business checking review to learn which of its accounts fit your needs.
- You want to save on wire transfer fees: Although Seacoast lets you send wires online or in-branch, the fees can still be higher than other providers. Mercury does not charge all incoming and outgoing wire transfers sent domestically or internationally. Our review of Mercury business checking provides details of the product’s features.
- You seek a free checking account: All of Seacoast Bank’s business checking accounts have waivable monthly maintenance fees, but they still require you to meet certain conditions. Check out our list of the best free business checking accounts to see which provider fits the bill.
See more alternatives in our roundup of the best small business checking accounts.
Seacoast National Bank Business Checking Overview
Seacoast National Bank Business Checking Requirements
To open a business checking account, you can visit the Seacoast National Bank website or one of the bank’s branches. You must provide your personal and business information:
- Personal name and company name
- Business address
- Company phone number
- Company Email address
- Date of birth
- Social Security number (or taxpayer identification) for each beneficial owner Beneficial owners are individuals that have 25% or more beneficial ownership in the legal entity. and individual with significant managerial control
As part of the Seacoast National Bank business checking requirements, you also need to provide a bank account and routing number for your initial deposit. After setting up the account, the bank will send a confirmation. Then, you will receive your debit card and checks through the mail.
Seacoast National Bank Business Checking Features
Seacoast National Bank features three business checking accounts, a free business debit card, and online and mobile banking access.
Business Checking Accounts
- Business Checking is a feature-rich account that provides small businesses with up to 150 free monthly items. These items include checks paid, deposit slips, and each check within the deposit. Beyond the limit, a 35-cent fee is collected. The monthly maintenance fee of $10 is waived if you maintain a $1,000 average monthly balance.
- Business Checking Plus gives a free transaction allowance of 350, making it ideal for businesses with a higher monthly transaction volume. You can avoid the $20 monthly maintenance fee if you meet a $2,500 minimum daily balance, maintain a $5,000 average monthly balance, or perform at least 15 debit card transactionsⓘ each month.
- Premium Business Checking is exclusive for sole proprietors and nonprofit organizations. This account offers 75 free monthly transactions and requires you to maintain a minimum daily balance of $1,500 to waive its $15 monthly maintenance fee. You also get a 50% discount on a safe deposit box.
Business Debit Card
When you open a business checking account, you get a free Seacoast Bank Visa Debit Card. The card is chip-enabled and protects your business from fraud through Visa’s zero-liability policy. It also connects with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Google Pay for convenient payment.
You can add authorized users and set spending limits for point-of-sale (POS) and ATM transactions to easily monitor your business expenses.
Online & Mobile Banking
Small business owners can efficiently track their business transactions online. Seacoast Bank offers single sign-on (SSO) to access both business and personal accounts and enhances security through its Touch ID, Face ID, and multifactor authentication (MFA) features. The account access of employees can be managed according to the role level of each individual.
Checks can be deposited using the Seacoast mobile app. Reviewers gave the bank’s app a 4.2 rating from around 1,600 reviews on the App Store and 4.7 from about 700 reviews on Google Play. Users appreciate the app’s clean interface, multiple features, and reliability. However, a few complained about experiencing app glitches.
- Merchant services
- Payroll processing
- ACH bank transfers
- Remote deposit capture (RDC)
- Reconcilement services
- Fraud protection
Other Seacoast National Bank Business Products
Seacoast National Bank offers savings accounts, money market accounts, CDs, credit cards, and lending products for small businesses.
- Business Savings offers tiered interest and free automatic transfers from your Seacoast business checking account. To waive the $15 monthly maintenance fee, you must maintain a minimum daily balance of $500. A quarterly limit of six withdrawals Withdrawal limits do not include ATM and teller line transactions. is imposed. Past that limit, $3 is charged per transaction.
- Business Money Market provides tiered interest, check-writing privileges, and access to overdraft protection when linked to a Seacoast Business Checking account. A daily balance of $2,500 is required to waive the $15 monthly maintenance fee. Withdrawals are limited to six per statement cycle. Beyond that, a $10 monthly fee is charged.
- Business CDs earn guaranteed fixed interest rates for small businesses. There are multiple terms available, and the CD account automatically renews. If a CD is withdrawn early, penalties apply, reducing the interest earnings.
We compared money market vs CDs to show how they stack up against each other.
- Business Cash Preferred Card
- Business Card
- Smart Business Rewards Card
- Business Real Rewards Card
- Business loans have loan terms of up to five years, and financing is available from $50,000. The origination fee is 0.50%.
- Lines of credit are available from $10,000 with easy and fast loan processing and approval.
- Owner-occupied real estate loans feature flexible financing terms and competitive rates. Cash can be accessed based on equity through property refinancing.
- Business equipment loans are available from $10,000 with terms of up to six years. Payments can be automatically made from a Seacoast Business Checking account.
- As a Preferred SBA Lender, Seacoast extends an SBA 7(a) loan amounting to $5 million and an SBA 504 loan with lower down payments than conventional loans.
Seacoast National Bank Business Checking Reviews From Users
Seacoast National Bank has an average rating of 3.0 from around 180 reviews on WalletHub. There are no specific Seacoast National Bank business checking reviews, as most users shared their customer service experience with the bank.
The recent reviews had negative feedback from clients. They mentioned the lack of customer support, random fee charges, and unprofessional staff behavior. They also said they received different answers from the bank personnel when they inquired over the phone.
Seacoast Bank’s business checking products are excellent for their waivable monthly fees and lack of opening deposit and balance requirements. The bank’s branch availability in several counties makes it easy for Florida-based business owners to get in-person services. Further, the ease of opening checking accounts online makes it a convenient choice.