QuickBooks hosting allows you to access your QuickBooks desktop software from a remote server, where all of your data and files are stored and operated safely. With a unique username and password, you can log into your remote desktop from anywhere, access your company’s data, and use the software just like you would from a local desktop. We compiled the best QuickBooks hosting providers for various needs:
- Ace Cloud Hosting: Best overall QuickBooks hosting provider
- Right Networks: Most seamless QuickBooks hosting provider
- Apps4Rent: Most affordable QuickBooks hosting provider
- MyVAO: Best for users wanting a free 30-day trial of QuickBooks Desktop
- Cetrom: Best QuickBooks hosting provider for accounting and certified public accounting (CPA) firms
Why Use a QuickBooks Hosting Provider
One of the primary advantages of QuickBooks Online vs QuickBooks Desktop is that QuickBooks Online can be accessed from anywhere. Using a QuickBooks cloud hosting service allows anywhere access to your QuickBooks Desktop program, leveling the playing field. With a cloud hosting service, you can choose between QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop purely on their features and how well they meet the needs of your company. Benefits of a cloud-hosting provider include:
- Remote access: The most compelling reason to use a QuickBooks cloud hosting provider is the ability to access your QuickBooks Desktop program from anywhere with an internet connection. You can also use your Windows-based software on a Mac.
- Data security: With QuickBooks cloud hosting, several safety and security measures have been taken to ensure that your data is safe and only you have access to it. The hosting company will back up and secure your data for you, instead of you having to do it in your office.
- Collaboration: This type of hosting is ideal for businesses that have multiple users because the software won’t have to be installed on multiple computers and users won’t be limited to how they can access it. Cloud-hosting also makes it easy to share your data with an outside accountant when help is needed or it’s time to prepare your tax return.
QuickBooks Desktop made our list of best small business accounting software as the best desktop software but can be even more powerful when hosted.
Types of QuickBooks Hosting Providers
Intuit has endorsed a select number of hosting providers as Authorized Partners. All of the hosting providers that we have recommended are endorsed by Intuit, and they will support the updates you need as you grow your business. They also have the ability to onboard customers with existing licensed copies of QuickBooks software, provide subscription services for new QuickBooks licenses, and provide customers with early access to QuickBooks updates.
Intuit’s list of Authorized Hosting Providers are divided into two different types, which are explained below:
- Commercial: This type of hosting provider rents out QuickBooks licenses on a month-by-month basis. Many also provide standard hosting services for companies that already have the licenses they need.
- Standard: This type of hosting is for businesses that already have their QuickBooks licenses. If you decide to add a new user and require a new license, you will need to deal directly with Intuit to obtain it.
Additionally, there are three types of hosting: dedicated, shared, and virtual private server (VPS):
- Dedicated hosting: Dedicated hosting allows the user complete control over the physical server, with the ability to customize it according to their need for performance, stability, scalability, and security.
- Shared hosting: With shared hosting, a single physical server hosts multiple user sites, apps, or accounting software. Each user gains access to a server segment and the data in that segment. A shared server can host hundreds of different users.
- VPS hosting: A VPS is a virtual machine or container, so essentially there is not a physical, dedicated server. Each virtual server can run its own operating system and hosts its own databases, files, and settings.
Are you not sure which version of QuickBooks is best for your business? Read our comparison of QuickBooks Pro vs Premier vs Enterprise vs Accountant.
Ace Cloud Hosting: Best Overall QuickBooks Hosting Provider
Ace Cloud Hosting offers an excellent selection of hosting services for a variety of industries. An authorized Commercial Host for QuickBooks Desktop applications, Ace Cloud Hosting also hosts tax software such as Drake Software along with Sage Software application hosting. It has plans that cover all QuickBooks Desktop versions including Pro, Premier, and Enterprise. All Desktop applications can be purchased directly from Ace Cloud hosting. You can also opt for a QuickBooks server with dedicated resources so that you can run multiple applications simultaneously in a secure computing environment.
- Intuit Authorized Commercial Hosting Provider
- Shared hosting
- Dedicated hosting
- Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solutions
- Remote desktop services
- Application virtualization
- Full-service bookkeeping and payroll
- Tax preparation and planning
Our Expert Opinion
Ace Cloud Hosting has a variety of service options, making it the most comprehensive QuickBooks hosting provider. It offers industry-specific solutions that are tailored to your business, and you can customize and configure the cloud solution according to your own requirements. Ace Cloud Hosting also offers financial services such as bookkeeping, payroll, tax preparation, and planning. The low monthly premium and free daily data backup makes it an attractive option if you are looking to save money with a service that allows for scalability as your business grows.
Right Networks: Most Seamless QuickBooks Hosting Provider
Although all of these QuickBooks hosting providers are certified by Intuit, Right Networks has the designation of being an Elite QuickBooks Solution Provider, and Intuit promotes the company on its own website. Right Networks offers a QuickBooks-focused hosting service, and also an all-inclusive supported service for all of your office and accounting applications. You can purchase QuickBooks Desktop licenses if needed. The excellent customer support that is available 24/7 sweetens the deal, with a remote support that allows the customer support technician access to the application to diagnose an issue.
- Shared QuickBooks hosting directly through Intuit
- Tax application hosting
- Firm IT outsourcing
- Productivity application hosting
Our Expert Opinion
In addition to its other services, Right Networks offers QuickBooks, Lacerte, ProSeries, and Drake software cloud hosting packages. In case you’re not satisfied, it offers a 30-day money back guarantee. Because Right Networks can be accessed directly through QuickBooks, this makes for a seamless transition and easy set-up. It also offers free data migration and 24/7 tech support if you need assistance.
Apps4Rent: Most Affordable QuickBooks Hosting Provider
Apps4Rent has a variety of hosting solutions available to suit your business needs. In addition to Quickbooks hosting plans that start at less than $30 per month, Apps4Rent lives up to its name by offering SharePoint and Microsoft Office 365 hosting as well as project server hosting and virtual desktop. Apps4Rent promises bank-level security and a 99% uptime guarantee. Although there is no free trial available, there is a 15-day money back guarantee. Apps4Rent also offers a variety of plans to choose from that are more affordable than its competitors.
- Intuit authorized host
- QuickBooks cloud hosting
- SharePoint hosting
- Virtual desktop
- MS Project server
- Virtual server
- Microsoft Azure services
- Office 365 hosting
- Hosted exchange
- On-premise infrastructure management and licensing
Our Expert Opinion
Apps4Rent can best be described as a one-stop shop for all cloud services—whether that is hosting or migration, consulting or management. The pricing plans are not only the most affordable of the services reviewed here, but the solutions are also scalable and available as needed. This allows you to avoid investing in your company’s hardware or software infrastructure and focus on what you do best.
MyVAO: Best for Users Wanting a Free 30-day Trial of QuickBooks Desktop
MyVAO distinguishes itself from other QuickBooks hosting providers by only hosting QuickBooks and its add-ons. It is a good choice if you don’t have a QuickBooks license and would like to pay one fee for license rental and QuickBooks hosting. When you purchase a Desktop license from QuickBooks, there is no free trial available and you must pay the license fee annually. With MyVao you can try QuickBooks Desktop free for 30-days and then pay for your license on a monthly subscription.
- Intuit authorized host
- QuickBooks commercial hosting
- Data backed up twice daily
Our Expert Opinion
MyVAO has a singular focus, and that is hosting QuickBooks and its add-ons like Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. But what it lacks in diversity of services, it makes up for with its generous allotment of five QuickBooks files per user and its 30-day free trial. The only caveat is if you already have your own QuickBooks license—because MyVAO doesn’t offer an option for users that already have one—it might be best to consider other certified QuickBooks hosting providers.
Cetrom: Best QuickBooks Hosting Provider for Accounting and CPA Firms
Cetrom is a cloud hosting provider that specializes in providing reliable and customizable IT hosting services to accounting and CPA firms of all sizes. Upon enrollment it will handle the entire data migration process, ensuring that your system is set up correctly. Because Cetrom works with you to customize a plan that suits your needs, the pricing plan is quote-based. However, you are able to establish a program to manage, host, and support your accounting software, back office apps, reporting or analytics programs, client portals, and your email on the cloud. Its flexibility and excellent customer support make it an ideal option for those in the accounting field.
- Intuit certified host
- Shared hosting
- Hosted email services
- Virtual desktop services
- Managed CPA cloud computing services
Our Expert Opinion
Cetrom assists you with moving your accounting firm fully into the cloud while also managing your systems the way that you have grown accustomed to. You can also host your clients’ QuickBooks files with their service. Cetron’s core focus is cloud hosting applications and desktops combined with its 24/7 technical support. You will not only have access to your virtual desktop environment, but also administrative dashboards to show details on users and support tickets across the firm.
How We Evaluated Best QuickBooks Hosting Providers
A number of factors went into our consideration of the best QuickBooks hosting providers. These ranged from the price to the level of security and scalability of services, and are described in more detail below:
- Price: Each service provider’s pricing plans vary based on the different features that are available. In order to understand what you are paying for, you should ask for an itemization of all fees to be charged. We looked at the types of service plans and what they included in order to determine the best value.
- Security: The security and reliability of data is critical when selecting a hosting provider. We evaluated the type of security measures taken to protect this data, and also the level of security, with the expectation that it will be on the level of a bank or any company handling sensitive information.
- Customer support: Calls to support teams can translate to hours of frustration, especially when it is an urgent issue that demands immediate attention. We looked at each provider’s availability—how and when you can reach customer support and their level of responsiveness.
- Scalability: While some QuickBooks hosting providers were more limited than others in terms of their additional service offerings, we considered the potential for scalability and options available to support business growth.
- Performance and speed: A company’s productivity relies on the performance and speed of the IT services that it uses. Hosting providers are able to offer extremely high uptimes and automatic backups. We looked at uptime rates and backup frequency to help determine the best options.
- License included: Some hosting plans include QuickBooks licenses while others don’t, so we looked at the available offerings for each.
- Company files: We evaluated the number of QuickBooks company files allowed for each user.
QuickBooks hosting allows you to enjoy the best of both worlds—the power of QuickBooks Desktop software combined with the accessibility of QuickBooks Online. Whether your priority is selecting a service that will grow with your business or simply finding a provider that can host your version of QuickBooks, we have a few solutions to suit your needs.