Utilizing real estate investing software is essential in managing investment portfolios and automating tasks efficiently. The best real estate software for investors must provide data and analysis on properties, trends, and market conditions so investors can make informed decisions. The best real estate investment software also offer automation features, customer relationship management (CRM) tools, and third-party integrations, allowing investors to automate daily processes and streamline client communication and marketing efforts.
Based on pricing, features, customer reviews, support, ease of use, and our expert rating, here are the six best real estate software for investors:
- Best for marketing automation and CRM: REISift
- Best for investors looking for off-market deals: Deal Machine
- Best for website creation: Carrot
- Best for short messaging service (SMS) marketing: Smarter Contact
- Best for free built-in rent collection software: Stessa
- Best for user-friendly electronic signature software: DocuSign
Best Real Estate Software for Investors at a Glance
Starting Monthly Price
Email and live chat
Phone, email, and live chat
Email and live chat
Phone, email, and live chat
Phone, email, and live chat
To find out which real estate software for investors will best suit your real estate needs, take this quick quiz:
Which best real estate software for investors is right for you?
REISift: Best for Marketing Automation Features & CRM
Our Expert Opinion on REISift
REISift is one of the best real estate software for investors built by active investors who use and develop the software daily inside their own businesses. The software’s customer relationship manager (CRM), named Tasks, is designed to help real estate professionals automate daily processes and streamline customer communication and marketing efforts. Users can create workflows for administrative, marketing, and even acquisition tasks.
Additionally, with REISift’s direct mail feature, SiftMail, investors can upload, clean, and list their direct mail data to obtain targeted lists. Plus, REISift delivers highly accurate, detailed, and instant insights for each property record that users upload. This allows users to tailor their marketing campaigns to target a specific category. However, REISift could improve by offering extensive customer support and a mobile app.
- Vacancy check: For real estate investors and wholesalers targeting vacant properties, this feature automatically cross-references a user’s records against multiple databases (including the USPS). This allows you to know which listings are vacant or occupied.
- Click-to-call: Real estate agents, investors, and their teams can call leads straight from the REISift dashboard.
- Smart filter: Use the REISift filter to narrow your search results based on variables like vacant and absentee. It also has several other filters, such as tax liens, code violations, and foreclosure.
- Integrations: REISift integrates with prominent real estate software platforms, including Launch Control, smrtPhone, Smarter Contact, Aircall, Calltools, ReadyMode, Zapier, and REIRail.
REISift garnered a high customer review rating of 4.6 out of 5 for its valuable features tailored for real estate investors, integrations, and customer relationship manager (CRM). Users also commended its training and onboarding, saying that REISift helped them better understand the software’s data and functionalities to increase their productivity and find better deals.
One dissatisfied user complained that there was nobody to call or speak with to address specific queries. She also mentioned that there are several tutorial videos, but they don’t exactly match the dashboard’s look—making it more difficult to navigate the platform. If you need extensive customer support—from email to phone and live chat—we recommend DocuSign and Stessa.
Deal Machine: Best for Off-market Deals
Our Expert Opinion on Deal Machine
Deal Machine is the best real estate software for investors, active house flippers, and wholesalers looking for off-market deals. It’s accessible via a web browser and iOS and Android mobile app. The software makes it fast and easy to locate foreclosed or vacant off-market homes, obtain accurate homeowner contact information, and contact homeowners to inquire about their interest in selling.
With the Deal Machine app, you can do all of this while driving for dollars around your neighborhood from the convenience of your car. To create a quick list of off-market properties, such as preforeclosures, foreclosures, bank-owned homes, vacant homes, and absentee-owned, you can also use Deal Machine’s list builder feature. However, the software could improve by providing reporting and visualization tools.
- Real estate AI assistant: Alma, a cutting-edge artificial intelligence (AI) assistant from Deal Machine, was created to help provide strategic guidance, insightful data on properties, and personalized recommendations for real estate investors.
- Marketing automation: Send customized direct mail marketing to property owners with automated follow-up.
- Street pic: Send postcards to homeowners with images of each property.
- Mail tracking: Determine whether your mail has been delivered with this feature. To further your search for the correct mailing address, returned mail will trigger your lead’s status to change to “return to sender” and stop mailing to that address.
Users of Deal Machine concur in numerous online reviews that the app simplifies the experience of driving for dollars. Users have also praised Deal Machine’s AI assistant, Alma, and mentioned how Deal Machine’s direct mail and instant property owner information have saved them time and helped them grow their businesses. With this, the software obtained an excellent rating of 4.8 out of 5.
The only persistently unfavorable comments were from several users having problems with the Android mobile app, saying that the driving for dollars feature of the app was glitchy and frequently crashed. Aside from these, Deal Machine doesn’t offer reporting and visualization tools, unlike REISift.
Carrot: Best for Website Creation
Our Expert Opinion on Carrot
Carrot is a real estate investing software that offers ready-made websites to assist real estate investors in growing and strengthening their online presence. Numerous website templates are available for nearly any type of real estate lead you target. These websites also have call-to-action buttons, lead-capture hooks, and keyword-rich text to meet each investor’s target real estate market.
Additionally, the software offers monthly blog posts that are Google-optimized to increase website traffic. Users can immediately set up SMS notifications to contact leads via text messaging. Carrot could improve by offering a free version so investors and agents could better understand its platform’s features and capabilities.
- Lead manager: Automatically collects and stores lead data from your capture forms, making it simpler to follow a lead’s progress throughout every stage of the customer journey.
- Integrations: Built-in integrations with various services, including Podio, Mailchimp, Aweber, and Zapier.
- SEO tools: Carrot provides a search engine optimization (SEO) tool that makes it simple to customize and optimize page titles, meta descriptions, and SEO titles.
- Analytics: Every Carrot website account has built-in analytics and tools that let you keep tabs on essential performance indicators. A guide or tutorial is also provided that explains what you should do next to get results.
Carrot has garnered a host of positive reviews from satisfied real estate investors. The platform’s conversion methodology helped many users attract, convert, and close deals and increase their profit margin. The platform received an overall customer review rating of 4.8 out of 5.
Several users wished for phone support to be available for the basic plans. In addition, Carrot doesn’t offer a free plan and lacks property analysis. If you require a detailed property analysis and a free version, we suggest Stessa.
Smarter Contact: Best for SMS Marketing
Our Expert Opinion on Smarter Contact
The Smarter Contact SMS marketing solution simplifies text message marketing for real estate professionals and investors in several ways. The program includes an auto-reply, a variety of prebuilt SMS templates, and robust automation tools. These features allow users to design, customize, and schedule text message marketing campaigns and tailor messages with automatic responses.
Additionally, the software features built-in tracking to seamlessly keep up with text interactions. With Smarter Contact SMS automation, users can significantly save time, enabling investors to focus on prospects more likely to be responsive and thereby increasing the chances of conversion. To further enhance its platform, Smarter Contact could provide website creation tools and phone customer support.
- Reporting: Provides a clear picture of how each campaign and message template is performing, helping you plan your future campaigns accordingly.
- Integrations: Smarter Contact integrates with significant apps and CRMs to automate your workflows, like Zapier, REISift, and HubSpot.
- Built-in CRM: Lets you streamline processes, strengthen customer relationships, and accelerate conversions.
- Mobile app: Answer texts and calls and experience synchronous conversations using its mobile and desktop apps.
Smarter Contact received an excellent customer review rating of 4.5 out of 5 thanks to its ease of use, unlimited SMS capabilities, and drip functions. Reviewers praise the software’s user-friendly interface, accurate skip tracing, and high deliverability.
Despite its high rating, a few reviewers noted its poor customer support and quite pricey plans. Another user also commented that he didn’t like that users can’t schedule campaigns on the lower plan. For software that features extensive customer support and affordable pricing, consider Stessa.
Stessa: Best for Free Built-in Rent Collection Software
Our Expert Opinion on Stessa
Stessa features an automated free rent collection software, providing convenience to property owners and tenants. It enables landlords to onboard tenants and create auto-rent payment reminders, while renters can set up auto-pay to avoid missing rental payments. In addition, tenants can set up automatic ACH payments so they never forget a payment due date. Real-time notifications were also delivered, alerting you when a payment is made and deposited in your account.
With Stessa’s built-in accounting system, property investors and owners can automate accounting and track, import, and categorize expenses efficiently. You can easily connect to banks, lenders, credit cards, and property managers to view all financial information, such as income and net cash flow statements. A potential improvement for Stessa would be introducing targeted marketing and CRM tools, enabling investors to customize, launch, connect, and monitor their marketing strategies for their desired market.
- Rental application: Easily generate applications and track their status with full credit reports and rental background checks.
- Tenant screening: Carries out thorough screening, which includes a background check and a full credit report, so you have all the information you require about your tenants. You can also include income verification and judgments and liens as additional screening factors.
- Unlimited free accounts: Stessa allows rental property owners to open unlimited free accounts per property or portfolio, making organizing and managing several properties easy. But note that Stessa limits unfunded accounts to a maximum of three.
Stessa has a 4.7 out of 5 customer review rating due to its capacity to store a great deal of data, numbers, and documents in a single location. The dashboard’s ease of use and user-friendliness have also been highlighted. Many reviewers also praised the software for being free and having an affordable subscription plan. One user commented that running reports using Stessa is a breeze and makes tax time extremely easy to manage.
However, Stessa received some negative reviews regarding its customer support. Another user also wished for Stessa to offer lease management so he can create and edit the leases on the app and tenants can e-sign the leases. If you are looking for an electronic signature software, try DocuSign.
Read how our experts feel about this real estate investor software in our Stessa Business Checking Review.
DocuSign: Best User-friendly E-sign Software
Our Expert Opinion on DocuSign
DocuSign provides simple and easy-to-use e-signature solutions to assist real estate investors in accelerating deals, minimizing errors, and investing more time in expanding their businesses. It gives users access to the most recent state and local association forms with built-in data fields and auto-fill features to swiftly collect and organize documents by transaction in a single digital workspace.
Additionally, DocuSign provides direct access to the most recent multiple listing service (MLS), association, or brokerage-specific forms that are prefilled with transaction information and ready for signatures. But DocuSign may significantly improve its services by giving real estate professionals and investors access to CRM and lead generation tools to assist them in getting high-quality leads and turning them into actual clients.
- DocuSign Gen for Salesforce: Generate customized agreements automatically from Salesforce.
- DocuSign Insight: Uses artificial intelligence (AI) technologies, including machine learning, rules-based logic, and natural language processing, to help you identify, filter, and expedite reviewing agreements throughout your company.
- DocuSign Notary: Send, sign, and notarize remotely, saving you time and reducing expenses.
- Integrations: DocuSign integrates with 400-plus software, including Brokerage Engine, Inside Real Estate, and MoxiWorks.
Users appreciate DocuSign’s eSignature functionality and ease of use, giving it a 4.8 out of 5 rating in customer reviews. Many users also commended DocuSign Identify, which increases security and compliance by allowing teams to check clients’ identities before getting their signatures on contracts.
However, a few users criticized the pricing, claiming it is a bit costly, mainly if you deal with hundreds of documents. Another user commented that DocuSign occasionally experiences glitches, especially when adding new document templates for mailing. If you want an affordable solution with extensive features and e-signature solutions, we recommend Stessa.
How We Evaluated the Best Real Estate Software for Investors
Being a real estate investor can become easier and more effective with the right best real estate investing software. As home prices rise and markets become more competitive, improving your real estate business and using real estate investment analysis software may assist you in staying ahead of the next investing storm and identifying the greatest real estate opportunities.
After extensive evaluation, REISift emerges as a leader and the overall best real estate software for investors. It features instant skip tracing, unlimited list management, and advanced filtering for targeted marketing. REISift also has fully integrated direct mail and complete CRM, helping investors increase market reach. If you’re looking for all-in-one software built by investors for investors and software that can help you grow your business, then consider REISift.
How evaluated the best real estate investor software:
40% of Overall Score
Overview of the key features and functionalities offered by the software, like data collection, data filter, CRM, and targeted marketing. We evaluated whether the features were included with payment or required added fees.
25% of Overall Score
Information about the platform’s pricing structure and subscription plans and whether the platform offers pricing transparency.
10% of Overall Score
Evaluation of the platform’s user-friendliness and accessibility. Also, whether the platforms required technical skills to start and operate each platform and whether a mobile application is provided.
10% of Overall Score
Based on customer feedback for each software, with particular attention given to reviews of the product and popularity of the provider, to certify the platform meets user satisfaction.
10% of Overall Score
Expertise in the field and firsthand experience with the providers allow us to evaluate the standout features, value for the money, and ease of use for each tool.
5% of Overall Score
Information on the available customer support options and assistance provided by the company.