Amazon Business American Express Card
3% back or 60-day repayment terms
- Get a $100 Amazon.com Gift Card upon approval for the Amazon Business American Express Card.
- Take advantage of 3% Back or 60 Day Terms on U.S. purchases at Amazon.com, Amazon Business, AWS and Whole Foods Market. You will earn 3% Back on the first $120,000 in purchases each calendar year, 1% Back thereafter
- 2% Back at U.S. restaurants, U.S. gas stations, and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers
- 1% Back on other purchases
- $0 Annual Fee
- Back your business with a broad product selection on Amazon and Amazon Business, and the service of American Express. Stay focused on your top business priorities, knowing we’re behind you.
- With rewards that don’t expire, you choose when to redeem. Redeem rewards on millions of items during checkout at Amazon.com and Amazon Business (U.S.) or apply towards a purchase on your statement.
- Terms apply.
- $100 Amazon gift card upon approval
- 3% rewards or 60 days of no interest at Amazon-owned businesses
- Short introductory 0% APR period
- Rewards for non-Amazon-owned businesses are average
- Return protection: If a merchant doesn’t accept a return of an item in original purchase condition within 90 days of purchase, American Express will refund cardholders up to $300 per item and up to a maximum of $1,000 per cardmember, per calendar year
- Baggage insurance: If your luggage is damaged, lost, or stolen when you pay for your trip with your card, American Express will pay up to $1,250 per covered person for carry-on baggage and up to $500 for checked baggage
- Extended warranty: American Express will match the length of the original manufacturer’s warranty if it’s less than two years; American Express provides an additional two years if the original manufacturer’s warranty is between two and five years; coverage is limited to $10,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per account each year
- Purchase protection: The issuer will repair, replace, or reimburse you for an item purchased with the card that was damaged or stolen within 120 days of purchase; coverage is limited to $1,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per account each year
The Amazon Business American Express Card is best for business owners who frequently make purchases at Amazon-owned companies and are not Amazon Prime members. This small business card offers perks like 3% cash back or 60-day financing on United States purchases at Amazon Business, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon.com, and Whole Foods Market.
Who the Amazon Business American Express Card Is Right For
- Owners who shop at Amazon but aren’t Prime members: The Amazon Business American Express Card offers rewards or free financing terms on US purchases at Amazon, Whole Foods Market, Amazon Business, and AWS. Plus, it requires no Amazon Prime membership like other Amazon business cards do.
How We Evaluate Points Rewards Business Credit Cards
When grading points rewards business credit cards like the Amazon Business American Express Card, we weigh ongoing and introductory rewards heaviest. We also take into consideration the annual fee, introductory and ongoing annual percentage rates (APRs), and additional card features.
Amazon Business American Express Card Fees
- Introductory APR: None, but users can get 0% APR for 60 days on purchases from Amazon businesses
- Ongoing APR: 14.24% to 22.24% variable, which changes with the prime rate
- Annual fee: None
- Balance transfer fee: Transfers are not allowed
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Cash advance fee: $5 or 3%, whichever is greater; APR is 24.99%
Amazon Business American Express Card Rewards
- 3% back or 60-day terms on US purchases at Amazon Business, AWS, Amazon.com, and Whole Foods Market. Effective Oct. 1, 2020, you will earn 3% back on the first $120,000 in purchases each calendar year and 1% back thereafter.
- 2% back at US restaurants and US gas stations and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from US service providers.
- 1% back on all other purchases.
Welcome offer: Get a $100 Amazon.com Gift Card upon approval
Amazon rewards are tracked as points vs cash back, and every 100 points earned is worth $1. You can redeem your Amazon rewards points for eligible purchases at Amazon.com or as an automatic credit to your bill. Your points don’t expire as long as your account remains open. However, you may forfeit points if your account status changes or if you default on a payment.
Amazon Business American Express Card Features
Amazon Business Enhanced Data Views
Each time you make a purchase on your Amazon business credit card, Amazon will collect and share transaction data with American Express to help provide purchase details on your statement. The Amazon Business enhanced data views feature allows you to see Amazon Business purchases listed item by item in an easily downloadable file from your online statement. This helps you to gain enhanced insights on purchases and simplify expense reporting.
The Amazon Business American Express Card provides cardholders with a 24-hour dispatch hotline that can help you get basic emergency roadside services. Although the hotline has no additional charge, cardholders will be charged for any services or goods provided. The roadside services available are towing, winching, jump-starts, gas delivery, locksmith services, and the changing of a flat tire. Rental vehicles, taxis, unlicensed vehicles, and tractors and trucks weighing more than 10,000 pounds are not covered by roadside assistance.
Purchased items that are damaged or stolen within 120 days from the purchase date, or 90 days for New York residents, are covered with purchase protection up to $1,000 per item, with a maximum of $50,000 per account per year. Perishable items, tickets of any kind, gift cards, antique items, motorized vehicles, and permanent fixtures are few of the items that are not covered.
The Amazon Business American Express Card offers return protection if a store won’t accept a return within 90 days from the purchase date. American Express may refund the full purchase price up to $300 per item, up to a maximum of $1,000 per year. Items that are excluded from this coverage are animals, living plants, books, jewelry, motorized vehicles, tickets, formal wear, and more.
Extended Warranty Protection
If a purchased item has a manufacturer’s warranty that is five years or less, American Express will provide an extended warranty, or up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account. American Express will match the item’s warranty if it’s less than two years long or provide an additional two years if the warranty is between two and five years. Motorized devices, vehicles, fixtures, real estate, consumable items, animals, living plants, and items with unconditional satisfaction guarantees are few of the items that are not included with the coverage.
Travel Accident Insurance
American Express will provide up to $100,000 in travel accident coverage if you charge an entire trip on your American Express credit card. Travel accident insurances cover the loss of life, limb, hearing, or eyesight within 100 days after the date of the accident that caused the injury. Suicide or self-inflicted injuries, acts of war, sickness, and injuries received from commuting are not covered.
Baggage Insurance Plan
The Amazon Business American Express Card provides baggage insurance for any lost bags while in transit, including carry-on baggage, checked baggage, and certain high-risk items. High-risk items include, but are not limited to, jewelry, sporting equipment, electronic equipment, and furs or articles made mostly with fur. This coverage ranges between $250 and $1,250, depending on the loss.
Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
American Express will cover up to $50,000 per car rental agreement for the first 30 consecutive days of car rental. The car rental loss and damage insurance covers both damage and theft of a rental vehicle during the rental period. Intentional damage by the authorized driver, natural wear and tear, confiscation by the authorities, damage related to freezing, and damage to tires are a few of the instances that are excluded from the coverage.
Global Assist Hotline
A global assistance hotline is available for the cardholders when they travel farther than 100 miles from home. Users can call the hotline at no additional cost, but any fees charged by third-party service providers will be the cardholders’ responsibility. Services available include travel, emergency, medical, and legal assistance.
Amazon Business American Express Card Alternatives
Chase Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
Office-based businesses that want top cash back rewards
- Earn $750 bonus cash back after you spend $7,500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year
- Earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year. Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases
- With Fraud Protection your card transactions will be monitored for possible signs of fraudulent activity using real-time fraud monitoring.
- With Zero Liability you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your card or account information.
- No Annual Fee
- Redeem rewards for cash back, gift cards, travel and more through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
- Top rewards for office supply spending
- Introductory APR on purchases
- Cash sign-up bonus
- 0% APR doesn’t apply to balance transfers
- High balance transfer fee of 5%
- Designed mainly for office-oriented companies
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the United States and abroad.
- Purchase protection: Covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account per year.
- Extended warranty protection: Extends the time period of the US manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year on eligible warranties of 3 years or less.
Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business
Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business
Earning unlimited 2% cash back
- Introductory reward worth $500 after you spend $4,500 within the first three months
- 2% cash back on every purchase
- Issue employee cards for free
- No limit to the amount of rewards you can earn
- Lucrative welcome offer
- Lacks a 0% APR offer
- Annual fee is only waived for 12 months
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad.
- Purchase protection: Covers your new purchases for up to 90 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim.
American Express Blue Business® Plus
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
Pocketing 2x points per $1 and 0% introductory APR for 12 months
- Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners. 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter.
- You’ve got the power to use your Card beyond its credit limit* with Expanded Buying Power.
- *The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to American Express, and other factors.
- 0.0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 13.24% - 19.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors at account opening.
- No Annual Fee
- Terms Apply
- 0% APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfer
- Earn 2x points on all spending
- No lucrative welcome offer
- 2x points rewards are capped at $50,000 in spending
- Extended warranty protection: American Express will match the length of the original manufacturer’s warranty if it’s less than 2 years. It provides an additional 2 years if the original manufacturer’s warranty is between 2 and 5 years. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per account each year.
- Purchase protection: The issuer will repair, replace, or reimburse you for an item purchased with the card that was damaged or stolen within 120 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $1,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per account each year.
The Amazon Business American Express Card is a no-annual-fee, points-based rewards credit card designed for business owners who frequently shop at Amazon stores but are not members of Amazon Prime. To find other credit cards that may be a better fit for your business, compare the best cards in our credit card marketplace.