Amazon Business Prime American Express Card
5% back or 90-day repayment terms
- Eligible Prime Members get a $125 Amazon.com Gift Card upon approval for the Amazon Business Prime American Express Card.
- Take advantage of 5% Back or 90 Day Terms on U.S. purchases at Amazon.com, Amazon Business, AWS and Whole Foods Market with an eligible Prime membership. You will earn 5% Back on the first $120,000 in purchases each calendar year, 1% Back thereafter
- 2% Back at U.S. restaurants, U.S. gas stations, and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers
- 1% Back on other purchases
- $0 Annual Fee
- Back your business with a broad product selection on Amazon and Amazon Business, and the service of American Express. Stay focused on your top business priorities, knowing we’re behind you.
- With rewards that don’t expire, you choose when to redeem. Redeem rewards on millions of items during checkout at Amazon.com and Amazon Business (U.S.) or apply towards a purchase on your statement.
- Terms apply.
- $125 Amazon gift card upon approval
- 5% rewards or 90 days of no interest at Amazon-owned businesses
- Mediocre rewards outside of Amazon-owned businesses
- 0% APR offer is short compared to other business credit cards
- Return protection: American Express will provide a refund for an item purchased within 90 days that cannot be returned to the merchant. Refunds are limited to $300 per item, up to $1,000 per cardmember, per calendar year.
- Baggage insurance: Get reimbursed for lost, damaged, or stolen luggage is damaged, lost, or stolen when you pay for your trip with your card, American Express will pay up to $1,250 per covered person for carry-on baggage and up to $500 for checked baggage.
- Car rental insurance: Get coverage for theft or damage of a car rental, up to $50,000. Cardholders can waive the collision insurance offered by the auto rental agency.
The Amazon Business Prime American Express Card is an excellent rewards card designed for business owners who are frequent Amazon shoppers with Amazon Prime memberships. This business credit card offers perks to Amazon Prime members, including 5% back or 90-day interest-free terms on United States purchases at Amazon Business, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon.com, and Whole Foods Market.
Who The Amazon Business Prime American Express Card Is Right For
- Owners who are Amazon Prime members: The Amazon Business Prime American Express Card offers 5% cash back or 90-day free financing on US purchases at Amazon, Whole Foods Market, Amazon Business, and AWS. These perks are exclusive to Amazon Prime members.
When grading points rewards business credit cards like the Amazon Business Prime American Express Card, we weigh ongoing and introductory rewards heaviest. We also took into account the annual fee, introductory and ongoing annual percentage rates (APRs), and additional card benefits.
Amazon Business Prime American Express Card Fees
- Introductory APR: None
- Ongoing APR: 14.24% to 22.24% variable, which changes with the prime rate
- Annual fee: None
- Balance transfer fee: Transfers are not allowed
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Cash advance fee: $5 or 3%, whichever is greater; APR is 24.99%
Amazon Business Prime American Express Card Rewards
- 5% back or 90-day terms on US purchases at Amazon Business, AWS, Amazon.com, and Whole Foods Market (effective on Oct. 1, 2020, you can earn 5% back on the first $120,000 in purchases each calendar year, and 1% back thereafter)
- 2% back at US restaurants, US gas stations, and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from US service providers
- 1% back on all other purchases
Welcome offer: Get a $125 Amazon.com Gift Card upon approval
You can redeem your Amazon Business Prime American Express Card rewards for eligible Amazon purchases or use points to shop at Amazon.com/Business. You can also use your rewards points as a statement credit. Rewards are tracked as points, and every 100 points are equal to $1. While rewards points don’t expire, you can lose your points if your account status changes or you have a payment default.
Amazon Business American Express Card Features
Amazon Business Enhanced Data Views
When you purchase an item on the Amazon Business Prime American Express Card, Amazon collects and shares transaction data with American Express to provide purchase details on your credit card statement. This can help identify exactly where your company’s funds are being spent most and address any unusual charges.
Amazon Business Prime American Express Card owners can call a roadside assistance hotline in case of an emergency. This hotline is free and can send out assistance like towing, winching, jump starts, flat tire changes, lockout services, and fuel delivery. However, any fees associated with the services ordered from the hotline will be charged to the cardholder.
The Amazon Business Prime American Express Card provides purchase protection coverage up to $1,000 per eligible item and up to $50,000 per calendar year. Eligible items include purchased items that have been damaged or stolen within 120 days of the purchase date and 90 days for New York residents. Items that are excluded from this coverage are consumables, tickets, rare stamps or coins, motorized vehicles and their parts, permanent fixtures, rented items, and items for inventory.
Return protection coverage is available if you purchase an and can’t return it within 90 days from the purchase date. American Express may refund up to $300 per item, capped at $1,000 per year, excluding shipping and handling charges. There are items that are excluded from this coverage, such as motorized vehicles, tickets, formal wear, healthcare items, computer software, jewelry, consumables, and more.
Extended Warranty Protection
American Express offers extended warranties on purchased items that have original manufacturer’s warranties of five years or less, or up to $10,000 per item and $50,000 per account. Amazon Business Prime American Express Card owners can get an additional two years of warranty if the original warranty is between two and five years. American Express will match the warranty if it’s less than two years long. Plants, animals, motorized vehicles, real estate, fixtures, consumables, and items for resale are not covered.
Travel Accident Insurance
The Amazon Business Prime American Express Card offers travel accident insurance coverage up to $100,000. The insurance covers losses like death, loss of limbs, sight, speech, or hearing in association with any eligible travel. The trip is eligible if the entire trip fare is charged to your American Express business credit card.
Baggage Insurance Plan
American Express provides baggage insurance coverage between $250 to $1,250 for carry-on baggage, checked baggage, and high-risk items. Only travels that are paid entirely using the Amazon Business Prime American Express Card are eligible for this coverage. Cash or its equivalent, credit cards and other travel documents, living plant, animals, perishable items, and prosthetics are not included with the coverage.
Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
You’ll receive car rental loss and damage insurance of up to $50,000 per rental agreement. This coverage is only good for the first 30 consecutive days of a car rental agreement. Losses that are not covered by this insurance package include intentional damage, manufacturing defects, damages caused by freezing, wear and tear, mechanical or electrical breakdown or failure, and damage to any vehicle or property other than the rental car.
Global Assist Hotline
If you decide to travel more than 100 miles from home, you’ll have access to a 24-hour global assist hotline through the Amazon Business Prime American Express Card. The global assist hotline links cardholders to travel, emergency, medical, and legal assistance. Any fees from third-party service providers are charged to the cardholders.
Amazon Business Prime American Express Card Alternatives
Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business
Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business
Earning unlimited 2% cash back
- Introductory reward worth $500 after you spend $4,500 within the first three months
- 2% cash back on every purchase
- Issue employee cards for free
- No limit to the amount of rewards you can earn
- Lucrative welcome offer
- Lacks a 0% APR offer
- Annual fee is only waived for 12 months
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad.
- Purchase protection: Covers your new purchases for up to 90 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim.
Chase Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
Office-based businesses that want top cash back rewards
- Earn $750 bonus cash back after you spend $7,500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year
- Earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year. Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases
- With Fraud Protection your card transactions will be monitored for possible signs of fraudulent activity using real-time fraud monitoring.
- With Zero Liability you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your card or account information.
- No Annual Fee
- Redeem rewards for cash back, gift cards, travel and more through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
- Top rewards for office supply spending
- Introductory APR on purchases
- Cash sign-up bonus
- 0% APR doesn’t apply to balance transfers
- High balance transfer fee of 5%
- Designed mainly for office-oriented companies
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the United States and abroad.
- Purchase protection: Covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account per year.
- Extended warranty protection: Extends the time period of the US manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year on eligible warranties of 3 years or less.
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
Unlimited 2x miles with every swipe
- Introductory reward worth $500 in travel after you spend $4,500 within the first three months
- 2x miles per $1 spent
- Issue employee cards for free
- No foreign transaction fees
- TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry application fee credit
- You’ll pay an annual fee after the first year
- Doesn’t offer interest-free financing
- Airport security screening reimbursement: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry or an $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every four years.
- Purchase assurance: Most purchases made entirely with your card are covered if damaged or stolen within 90 days from the date of purchase. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder account per 12 month period.
- Extended warranty coverage: Doubles the original warranty time period and duplicates the coverage of the original manufacturer’s warranty up to a maximum of 12 months on most items you purchase.
- Travel medical emergency assitance: Provide referrals to medical services if you have a medical emergency while traveling. You’re covered if you’re 100 or more miles away from home and from the day you leave until midnight of the 60th day of your trip, or the day you return to your city of residence, whichever is sooner.
The Amazon Business Prime American Express Card is a points-based rewards card designed for business owners who are Amazon Prime members and primarily shop at Amazon-owned businesses. It does not charge an annual fee and offers perks exclusive to Amazon Prime members. If this card is not right for you, you can check other top business credit cards in our credit card marketplace.