This article is part of a larger series on Business Banking.
The best business bank account promotions should provide new account holders with cash back bonuses or statement credits, and these bonuses should be easy to attain with clearly stated qualification requirements. We have searched our recommended business banks to find the best and latest account promotions and offers.
Here are the best ones for September 2022:
Mercury: Fit Small Business exclusive offer: Earn $200 cash back when you spend $2,000 on your debit card within 90 days
- Bank of America: Earn up to $500 in cash back and statement credits for signing up for a new account
- Axos Bank: Earn up to a $200 cash back bonus for signing up for a new account
- Chase: Earn a $300 cash back bonus for opening a new account
- U.S. Bank: Earn a $300 cash back bonus for opening a new account
- Huntington: Earn up to a $750 cash back bonus for opening a new account
- PNC Bank: Earn up to a $500 cash back bonus for opening a new account
- Truist: Earn a $200 cash back bonus for opening a new account
Spend $2,000 within 90 days of opening an account
$100 or $200
Open new account, meet deposit & balance requirements
Checking & Credit Card
Open new account, spend $3,000 within first 90 days on credit card
$100 or $200
For new businesses*; open new account and meet balance requirements
Visit Axos Bank (Use promo code NEWBIZ200 or NEWAXOSBIZ)
Open new account and meet deposit and balance requirements
Open new account and meet qualifying activities
Visit U.S. Bank (Use promo code AF49ZCB)
$100, $400, or $750
Open new account and meet qualifying activities
$200 or $500
Open new account and meet qualifying activities
Open new account and meet qualifying activities
Visit Truist (Use promo code SB22NEW2BIZ4)
*See provider section for details
Mercury: Earn $200 Cash Back When You Spend $2,000 on Your Debit Card Within 90 Days of Account Opening
An exclusive for Fit Small Business audiences, Mercury has an ongoing business checking account promotion that allows you to earn $200 cash back when you spend $2,000 on your debit card within 90 days of account opening. To take advantage of that promotion, open a new account on its website and ensure you meet the cash back requirements.
Bank of America: Earn Up to $500 in Cash Back & Statement Credits
Bank of America is offering two different bonuses: one is a cash back bonus of up to $200 for opening a new checking account, and the other is a $300 statement credit on a Bank of America small business credit card. Both require qualifying actions to earn the cash back and statement credit.
The company’s website states that this offer must be extended by Bank of America via direct communication, so be sure to ask for it specifically when shopping around. If you sign up for an account first, you may not receive the offer.
Click the tab below to see how to earn each bonus:
Bank of America Promotional Offer Fine Print
- New money is new funds deposited into your Business Advantage Banking account that aren’t transfers from other Bank of America deposit accounts or Merrill investment accounts.
- A transfer done via ATM, online or teller, or a transfer from a Bank of America deposit account or brokerage account, such as a Merrill account, isn’t considered new money.
- A cash withdrawal from an existing Bank of America account and deposited into the new Business Advantage Banking account isn’t considered new money.
- The maintenance period begins 31 calendar days after account opening and ends 90 calendar days after account opening.
- All account applications are subject to approval.
- Your account does not qualify for the bonus until you provide all of the information required in connection with opening the account by the promotion end date December 31, 2022. This includes information required to identify each account owner and to report the bonus to the IRS, including a validly completed IRS Form W-9 or Form W-8 as applicable.
- The value of this bonus may constitute taxable income to you.
- To the extent required by law, Bank of America may withhold tax or other amounts from the payment. Consult your tax advisor, as neither Bank of America, its affiliates, nor their employees provide tax advice.
- Consult a financial center, visit bankofamerica.com, or see the Business Schedule of Fees found at bankofamerica.com/businessfeesataglance for other account fees, rates, and information.
- All new Business Advantage Banking accounts must be open up to the date the earned bonus is paid to receive the earned bonus.
- We’ll make every attempt to deposit the earned cash bonus directly into your Business Advantage Banking account within 60 days from the end of your qualifying period.
Axos Bank: Earn Up to $200 for Signing Up for a New Account
Axos Bank is offering bonuses for signing up for a new account and meeting minimum balance requirements. The bonus amount depends on when your business was incorporated and is subject to specific eligibility requirements.
- If your business was incorporated after June 1, 2020, you can get a $200 cash back bonus by using the promo code NEWBIZ200.
- If your business was incorporated before June 1, 2020, you can get a $100 cash back bonus by using the promo code NEWAXOSBIZ.
- Application must be submitted before 11:59 pm on Sept. 30, 2022, to qualify.
- In the first two months after account opening, the average daily balance of the account must be at least $2,500 to qualify for the bonus.
Axos Bank Promotional Offer Fine Print
- Bonus will be deposited into your new account within five business days of your statement cycle date.
- Account must remain open for 180 days or an early closure fee of $50 may apply.
- Must be new funds to receive bonus credit.
- Terms and conditions subject to change without notice.
- Bonus may be taxable and reported on IRS Form 1099-MISC. Consult your tax advisor.
- Bank reserves the right to limit each customer to one new account-related gift incentive per calendar year.
NOTE: “New funds” is defined as funds that did not originate from another Axos Bank brand account
Chase: Earn a $300 Cash Back Bonus for Opening a New Account
Chase offers a $300 bonus if you open a new Chase Business Checking Account online or in a branch and complete qualifying activities within the first 90 days.
- Step 1: Open a new Chase Business Checking account online or in a branch and present the $300 bonus offer (which you can receive by entering your email address on Chase’s website).
- Step 2: Deposit a total of at least $2,000 in new money within 30 days
- Step 3: Maintain at least a $2,000 balance for 60 days from the offer enrollment
- Step 4: Complete 5 qualifying transactions (listed below) within 90 days of enrollment.
Once those are completed, the bonus will be deposited into your account within 15 days. However, if you close your account within six months after offer enrollment, Chase will deduct the bonus for that account at closing. The offer is valid until Oct. 20, 2022.
Chase Promotional Offer Fine Print
Bonus/account information: Checking offer isn’t available to existing Chase business checking customers, local, state, or federal government entities or agencies, Not-for-profit organizations, political action committees (PACs), or those with campaign accounts, or whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance within the last three years.
You can receive only one new business checking account opening-related bonus every two years from the last enrollment date and only one bonus per account. To receive the business checking bonus:
- Visit a branch or chase.com/business and open a new Chase Business Complete CheckingSM account. To open a Chase Performance Business Checking® (or Chase Performance Business Checking® with Interest) account or Chase Platinum Business Checking account, please visit a branch. Accounts are subject to approval.
- Deposit a total of $2,000 or more in new money into your new checking account within 30 days of offer enrollment; and
- Maintain at least a $2,000 balance for 60 days from the offer enrollment. The new money cannot be funds held by your business at Chase or its affiliates.
- Complete five qualifying transactions within 90 days of offer enrollment. Qualifying transactions are debit card purchases, Chase QuickAcceptSM deposits, Chase QuickDepositSM, ACH (Credits), wires (Credits and Debits), and Chase OnlineSM Bill Pay.
After you have completed all the above checking requirements, the bank will deposit the bonus into your new account within 15 days:
- Offer is good for one-time use
- Employees of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. and our affiliates aren’t eligible
- Chase reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time without notice
- Bonuses are considered interest and may be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or Form 1042-S, if applicable)
- Account closing: If the checking account is closed by the customer or Chase within six months after offer enrollment, the bank will deduct the bonus amount for that account at closing.
U.S. Bank: Earn a $300 Cash Back Bonus For Opening a New Account
U.S. Bank is offering a $300 cash back bonus for new accounts with qualifying activities. You can earn the bonus when you open a new, eligible U.S. Bank business checking account (promo code: AF49ZCB) and complete qualifying activities, subject to certain terms and limitations. This offer is valid through Oct. 3, 2022.
To earn the bonus:
- Step 1: Open a new U.S. Bank business checking account
- Step 2: Deposit at least $3,000 in new money within 30 days of account opening and maintain for 60 days
- Step 3: Enroll in the U.S. Bank Mobile App or U.S. Bank online banking within 60 days of account opening
- Step 4: Complete five qualifying transactions (Debit card purchases, Merchant deposits, ACH credits, Wires credits/debits, Mobile Check Deposit, or Bill Pay) within 60 days of account opening.
U.S. Bank Promotional Offer Fine Print
- Promo code AF49ZCB must be used when opening the business checking account. Limit of one Business Checking bonus per business.
- A $100 minimum deposit is required to open a U.S. Bank Silver, Gold, Gold with Interest, or Platinum Business Checking account.
- Earn your $300 Business Checking bonus by opening a new U.S. Bank Silver Business Checking, Gold Business Checking, Gold Business Checking with Interest, or Platinum Business Checking account between June 3, 2022, and Oct. 3, 2022.
- The checking account must be opened online to qualify.
- You must make new deposit(s) of at least $3,000 in new money deposits (direct/branch, mobile check deposit, ACH, or wires) within 30 days of account opening and then maintain a balance of at least $3,000 through 60 days after account opening.
- The new money deposit cannot be funds held by U.S. Bank or its affiliates.
- An individual signer on the new checking account must be enrolled in U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App within 60 days of account opening.
- Additionally, you must complete five qualifying transactions (debit card purchases, merchant deposits, ACH credits, wire credits/debits, mobile check deposits, or bill pay) within 60 days of account opening.
- The Business Checking bonus will be deposited into your new U.S. Bank business checking account within 45 days of deposit verification, as long as the account is open and has a positive balance.
- Offer may not be combined with any other business checking account bonus offers.
- Offer isn’t valid if you or any signer on the new business checking account has an existing U.S. Bank business checking account or had a U.S. Bank business checking account in the last 24 months.
- All regular account-opening procedures apply. For a comprehensive list of checking account pricing, terms and policies, reference your Business Pricing Information Disclosure. This document can be obtained by contacting a U.S. Bank branch or calling (800) 872-2657.
- Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS Form 1099-INT, and the recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes. Current U.S. Bank employees aren’t eligible. U.S. Bank reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time without notice.
- A transaction includes deposits and other credits, checks paid and other debits, ACH and deposited items, and signature and PIN-based purchases made with a U.S. Bank Business Debit Card. The U.S. Bank Business Debit Card is issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.
Huntington Bank: Earn Up to a $750 Cash Back Bonus for Opening a New Account
Click on the account type below to see how to earn bonuses from Huntington Bank
Huntington Bank Promotional Offer Fine Print
- “New money” is defined as money that is not currently on deposit in any Huntington account, except maturing business certificates of deposits (CDs).
- Account must maintain an open status for at least 90 days before it is eligible for the bonus payment.
- All new accounts subject to account opening approval and account conversions are not eligible.
- An Early Account Closing Fee will apply to accounts closed within 180 days of opening.
- If you opened a Business Checking 100 account, your $100 bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 14 days of meeting the above requirements.
- If you opened an Unlimited Business Checking account, your $400 bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 14 days of meeting the above requirements.
- If you opened an Unlimited Plus Business Checking account, your $750 bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 14 days of meeting the above requirements.
- Your business checking account must remain in open status to receive the bonus.
- This offer is only available to new business checking customers.
- All existing Huntington business checking customers, including those with business checking accounts closed within the last six months, aren’t eligible. Public fund/government banking dollars and brokers aren’t eligible for this offer.
- Cash bonus doesn’t count toward the deposit requirement.
- This offer cannot be used in combination with any other offer.
- For tax purposes, the bonus will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT for the year in which you receive your bonus.
- Huntington reserves the right to limit an individual business owner with multiple businesses to one account-related gift incentive per rolling 12-month period across all deposit account relationships.
PNC Bank: Earn up to a $500 Cash Back Bonus for Opening New Account
You can earn either a $200 or $500 cash back bonus when opening a new account with PNC Bank. The amount of the bonus depends on which account you open, and the bonus is subject to qualifying actions. The account must be opened by Sept. 30, 2022, to qualify. The offer is only open to businesses with annual revenue of less than $5 million.
Click the tab below to see how to earn each bonus.
PNC Bank Promotional Offer Fine Print
- New account won’t be eligible for offer if any signer has signing authority on an existing PNC Bank business checking account or has closed an account within the past 90 days or has been paid a promotional premium in the past 12 months.
- If multiple accounts are opened with the same signers, only one account will be eligible for the premium.
- For this offer, signing authority will be defined by the customer name(s) and Social Security number(s) registered on the account.
- Offer may be extended, modified, or discontinued at any time.
- The value of the reward may be reported on IRS Form 1099 and may be considered taxable income to you.
- Consult your tax advisor regarding your specific situation.
Truist: Earn a $200 Cash Back Bonus for Opening a New Account
Truist is offering $200 cash back for new account openings with qualifying actions through Oct. 31, 2022. To earn the $200 cash back, follow the steps below.
- Be a new Small Business Checking client
- Open a new Simple Business Checking or Dynamic Business Checking account through Oct. 31, 2022, using promo code SB22NEW2BIZ4
- Make cumulative qualifying deposits of $1,500 or more into your new account within 30 days of account opening
- Enroll and Sign In to Truist Online Banking for Business within 30 days of account opening
The reward will be credited to the new business checking account up to four weeks after the qualification requirements have been verified.
Truist Promotional Offer Fine Print
To be eligible to participate in the promotion:
- You must be a new Truist business checking client. To be considered a new business checking client, the business cannot have an existing Truist business checking account or have closed a SunTrust (now Truist) or Truist business checking account within 180 days prior to the promotion start date (on or after Jan. 2, 2022), with the same taxpayer identification number (TIN), including but not limited to an employer identification number (EIN).
- The business account holder must be 18 years or older at time of account opening.
- The account holder cannot be a nonresident alien.
- The business must be registered within the US with the business’s physical street address located in the following locations: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia, plus Washington, D.C., and have a valid US TIN or EIN.
- The qualifying checking account must be opened in a Truist branch in one of the above-listed states or online.
- The reward will be credited to the new business checking account up to four weeks after the qualification requirements have been verified. When the cash reward is deposited, it will appear in your new business checking account monthly statement as Reward SB22NEW2BIZ4.
- This offer is only applicable once per client.
- If multiple accounts are opened with the same owners/signers and Truist reasonably believes that the legal entities associated with such accounts engage in substantially similar or limited business activities, Truist may limit the number of accounts that are eligible for the promotional offer to five.
- Truist may report the value of any reward received through any offer to the IRS, as required by law.
- Any applicable taxes are the responsibility of the recipient.
- The new business checking account must remain open and in good standing with a balance of at least 1 cent until the reward is processed to receive the reward.
Reward forfeiture will occur if:
- The business checking account is changed to an account type not included in this client offer,
- The business checking account is closed prior to the reward being processed, or
- The new business checking account has a negative available balance at the time of qualification validation.
Truist reserves the right to deduct the reward amount from the business checking account at the time of closing if the new business checking account is closed by the client or Truist within 180 days after opening.
- Fees may reduce your earnings.
- The offer is non-transferable and may not be combined with any other offers.
- This offer is subject to change and may be discontinued at any time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What banks give the best account opening bonuses?
The bank that gives the best account opening bonus is Huntington Bank. If you meet certain qualifications, you can get up to $750 cash back for opening a business checking account.
Which bank offers the best business bank account?
Chase offers the best small business checking account on the market with waivable monthly fees and scalable banking features that can grow with your business.
Which bank is best for a small business?
Thanks to its excellent business checking accounts, full-service banking, outstanding lending products, merchant services, and investing advice, Chase is the overall best business bank for small business.
All of the providers on this list offer great benefits for opening a business bank account. Before you choose an institution, check out our list of the best small business checking accounts and compare account offerings. Choose one that not only provides a great account opening bonus but also has benefits that can help your business in the long term. Be sure to check out this article regularly for the latest business bank account promotions and offers.