The best online real estate classes in Kansas offer a flexible learning experience that allows students to complete required prelicensing, continuing education (CE), and exam prep at their own pace. These Kansas real estate schools offer quality courses, experienced instructors, and excellent customer support. The schools also have a reputation for success, ensuring students are prepared to pass their final exams.
Based on pricing, course format, customer reviews, and our expert opinions, we determined the best online real estate schools in Kansas are:
- Best for pass guarantee: Colibri Real Estate
- Best for interactive learning: The CE Shop
- Best for CE membership: McKissock Learning
- Best for affordability and lifetime access: PDH Real Estate
- Best for broker prelicensing: Career Education Systems
Best Online Real Estate Classes in Kansas at a Glance
Education Provided & Starting Price
Exam prep: $99
Phone, email, and live chat
Exam prep: $79
Phone, email, and live chat
Phone and email
Exam prep: $99
Phone and email
Broker licensing: $225
Phone and email
Things you need to know before enrolling for your Kansas real estate license education: Along with education requirements, there are additional steps to completing your real estate licensure. Check out our step-by-step guide to becoming a real estate agent in Kansas to help you get started.
Colibri Real Estate: Best for Education With a Pass Guarantee
- No interactive study groups
- Mobile application not provided
- Pass guarantee not available in basic course package
Our Expert Opinion on Colibri Real Estate
Colibri Real Estate is an online real estate school that offers courses for aspiring and experienced agents in Kansas. Its courses are self-paced, so students can complete courses at any time convenient to them. Colibri’s online platform is also very user-friendly to make students new to online learning feel comfortable navigating their courses. The school offers prelicensing, continuing education, and exam prep courses but also provides various resources to help students succeed, like career resources and professional development library access.
We named Colibri Real Estate as one of the best online schools in Kansas for its pass guarantee. This school is so confident in its program that students will get a refund of the licensing course or exam prep course if they don’t pass on the first try. One thing that could improve Colibri Real Estate for Kansas is if they added a broker licensing course for students who want to build a brokerage or start a team.
- Accreditations: Association of Real Estate License Law Officials (ARELLO), International Distance Education Certification Center (IDECC), and Kansas Real Estate Commission (KREC)
- Refund policy: Must request within 30 days from the date of purchase for online courses, and within 24 hours of the first day of any livestream course to receive a full refund. For livestream courses, students have the ability to switch to self-paced courses after the 24-hour period.
- Customer service: Offered during extended business hours so students can be supported during longer time windows.
- Instructor experience: Instructors are state-approved and available for support throughout the course.
- Study guides: Provided to students in all course packages to help keep their progress on track.
The positive reviews of Colibri Real Estate gave it an overall customer review rating of 4.15 out of 5. Many students appreciated the flexibility of self-paced courses. The course’s platform also received high ratings, particularly with the progress tracking tools, flashcards, and practice exams. Students said they felt they were prepared for the final test, and that customer service was responsive to most of their questions.
According to the reviews, some students have found the course materials to be too text-heavy. One student said the course lacked any kind of visuals, charts, or videos. The school could have offered more digital content to break up the monotony. For students needing a more interactive learning platform, consider The CE Shop’s LEAP platform.
Read how our experts feel about this real estate school in our Colibri Real Estate review.
Multiple course packages are offered to students to fit any budget. Students can select from packages that just offer the basic course or add live access to instructors.
$270 to $542
$39 to $142
$99 to $219
*Offered through its affiliate partner company, McKissock Learning
The CE Shop: Best for Interactive Learning Platform
- No mobile learning application
- Livestream format not available
- Broker prelicensing not offered
Our Expert Opinion on The CE Shop
The CE Shop is an online real estate school that offers a variety of courses to help agents succeed in their real estate careers. It offers interactive prelicensing courses, continuing education, and exam prep courses designed to keep students engaged in an online environment. It also offers a pass guarantee for students enrolled in its Exam Prep Edge course through the individual course or with a Kansas real estate license course package. Students who don’t pass the licensing exam the first time can get a refund for the cost of the Exam Prep Edge course.
The proprietary Learning Engagement and Assessment Platform (LEAP) offered by The CE Shop is designed to add interactive course content and gamification elements for online learning. It’s a central location where students can access virtual flashcards, quizzes, and progress-tracking tools. LEAP is also optimized for mobile devices, making it easy for students to study on the go. Even with the distance learning platform and interactive features, The CE Shop doesn’t offer livestream courses that could add a live element to their classes.
- Accreditations: ARELLO and KREC
- Refund policy: The CE Shop offers a full refund within 30 days of purchase before the course is completed, and the course may not be more than 50% completed.
- Interactive study groups: Students are able to connect and collaborate with their peers, allowing them to share insights and learn from one another.
- Career assistance: Instructors help students prepare for their real estate career, which includes resume writing, job search strategies, and interview preparation.
- Updated content: Courses are regularly updated to ensure that students have access to the latest information and industry trends.
The CE Shop received a customer review rating of 4.05 out of 5, with many students praising the interactive platform. One student mentioned the course information was presented in a professional, concise, and easy-to-understand way, which helped them digest the materials. Students appreciate the platform’s flexibility, which lets them choose their own learning pace. The reviews also praise the customer support team for its responsiveness and willingness to help students resolve any issues.
Some students said the course expiration date was not clear, and they had to extend access to the course for an additional fee. One student said although the platform was interactive, it was not intuitive for them while they navigated the courses. Students who prefer courses that are visual and audio-enhanced should consider Career Education Systems courses.
Read how our experts feel about this real estate school in our The CE Shop review.
The CE Shop offers education packages and individual courses for licensing, exam prep, and continuing education courses. Students are able to select the package with the resources they need to be successful.
$209 to $465
$39 to $105
$79 to $135
McKissock Learning: Best for CE Membership
- Does not offer its own licensing course
- No pass guarantee
- Mobile learning application not provided
Our Expert Opinion on McKissock Learning
McKissock Learning offers students licensing courses with their affiliate partner company, Colibri Real Estate. However, McKissock’s main course offering is continuing education with multiple learning formats to assist agents with license renewal. Agents in Kansas can select from livestream, correspondence, or online course formats to complete their required continuing education hours.
With McKissock’s CE membership, students can not only complete all their continuing education requirements but have access to professional development resources. Those resources include access to knowledgeable education specialists, how-to videos, job aids, etc. These added features make it ideal for experienced agents who want to stay up to date on industry trends. To make the learning experience more well-rounded, McKissock could include exam prep courses for students looking to pass their licensing exam.
- Accreditations: ARELLO, IDECC, and KREC
- Refund policy: For online courses, students can request a refund within 30 days. For livestream course formats, students must request a refund within 24 hours from the first day of the course. For memberships, students cannot receive a refund if one course has been completed.
- Industry discounts: CE memberships come with industry discounts for CRMs, software, etc.
- 24/7 course access: Students can access course materials at any time, day or night, making it a flexible option for busy professionals.
- Ability to select courses: For each CE package, students are able to customize the courses offered and select the individual courses they want to complete.
McKissock Learning receives high ratings for its course content, with students saying the material was relevant and informative. They liked that the instructors at McKissock were experts in the field and were able to provide personal insights about the real estate industry. Many students appreciated the self-paced learning style to fit courses in during their busy schedules. The ability to access the course 24/7 was a huge advantage for many. Overall, the school received a customer review rating of 4.5 out of 5.
Some reviewers have expressed concerns about the quality of customer support they received. One student said they found customer support difficult to work with, and another said it was hard to get a response. Other students were disappointed with not being aware of the time limit on course access. For longer access to course materials, students should consider the one-year time frame provided by PDH Real Estate.
Read how our experts feel about this real estate school in our McKissock Learning review.
McKissock pricing is contingent on the course format and the course package. Individual courses are also available for purchase.
$270 to $542
$39 to $142
*Offered through its affiliate partner company, Colibri Real Estate
PDH Real Estate: Affordable Courses With Lifetime Access to Training Materials
- No career assistance provided
- Pass guarantee only in premium course package
- Customer service only available during business hours
Our Expert Opinion on PDH Real Estate
PDH Real Estate is a local school that offers Kansas real estate license courses online and exam prep courses. The coursework at this school is designed to be self-paced, allowing students to complete the program at their own convenience. The school is also fully state-approved, and the school offers students a pass guarantee. If students don’t pass their final state exam, the school will provide a refund for the cost of the exam.
The lifetime access to training materials provided by PDH Real Estate makes it stand out as a top school since a majority of online providers only give students six months of access. Access to the course materials ensures that students can continue to review the material even after they have completed their courses. It’s also ideal for students who want to continue learning and improving their skills. PDH Real Estate could improve by adding continuing education courses for Kansas. It offers courses for other states.
- Accreditation: KREC
- Refund policy: Students can cancel their orders within five business days of the purchase date for a full refund.
- Real estate e-books: Used to supplement the prelicensing courses, which include practical tips and real-world examples to aid agents as they navigate their careers.
- Instructor support: Instructor support is available so students can be provided with additional guidance throughout the course.
- 2023 Kansas Salary Guide: This resource provides insights into the current job market and expected salaries for agents in different locations around the country.
Students of PDH Real Estate appreciate the ability to go back and review the course at any time. Students say the platform is easy to navigate and includes a progress-tracking tool that helps students monitor their coursework completion. Another reviewer said they received a prompt response from customer service, receiving a callback just 10 minutes after leaving a voicemail. The school received an overall customer review rating of 4.5 out of 5.
Many of the negative reviews mentioned the need to retake the chapter test in the course multiple times, which they found redundant. One student who negatively reviewed the school was unaware that this was a self-paced course. They expected the online course to at least be in livestream format, but it wasn’t. Another student wished there were more instructional videos explaining the terms and concepts. For students who want additional course content, consider Colibri Real Estate’s learning platform.
Students are able to receive a discount on course and exam prep materials if they purchase the premium package, which includes exam prep for a more discounted rate. The school provides all the real estate courses necessary to become a licensed real estate professional in Kansas.
$129 to $240
Career Education Systems: Best for Broker Prelicensing Courses
- Most expensive licensing course
- Course accessible only on desktop
- No career assistance
Our Expert Opinion on Career Education Systems
Career Education Systems has earned a reputation as one of the top real estate schools in the Kansas City area, with a few brick-and-mortar locations scattered throughout Missouri and Kansas. It offers aspiring and experienced real estate agents the opportunity to take both online and live courses depending on a student’s learning preference. With live courses and physical locations, students can access customer service and direct instructor assistance when needed.
We named Career Education Systems as one of the best schools for broker prelicensing since it’s one of the few schools to offer the course online and in person. Students can take both the Broker Pre-exam course and Broker Management course online, and both courses are in a visual presentation learning format. Career Education Systems could make some improvements to compete with other Kansas online real estate schools by adding features like a pass guarantee or online study groups for their students.
- Accreditation: KREC
- Refund policy: Full refund will be issued prior to class beginning. Funds can be transferred to the next available class of the student’s choice, or if a student drops out of class, refunds will be prorated.
- Course access: Students have six months to complete the courses.
- Knowledgeable instructors: Career Education Systems offers courses for both Kansas and Missouri, therefore instructors are knowledgeable of license reciprocity for the two states.
Students of Career Education Systems appreciated the in-depth curriculum covering all aspects of real estate. The reviews of the school gave it an overall customer rating of 4.3 out of 5. They enjoyed the fact that the instructors were experts in their field and were able to provide real-world insight into the courses. Students also praise the school’s supportive environment and personalized attention. Most of the positive reviews for the school mentioned students passed their exam on the first try.
There were some students who expressed concerns about the school’s outdated technology. Students found it difficult to access course materials and had problems with video playback. They cited that the video quality of the course was poor, and the course textbook lacked a lot of content. Students who took live courses found difficulties scheduling their courses. Students who want a more robust online experience should consider livestream courses from Colibri Real Estate.
Package course pricing is unavailable for online courses at Career Education Systems. There is a single price for each individual course to be purchased separately.
$195 to $250
$225 to $250
How We Evaluated the Top Real Estate Schools in Kansas
While evaluating the best online real estate classes in Kansas, we considered several factors. We took into account which schools provide the best overall value and online experience for Kansas students. Our criteria included the courses offered, course features, student support, pricing, and customer review rating. Additionally, we considered the cost of each school’s courses and the available help and support provided to students.
After carefully evaluating each online real estate school, Colibri Real Estate emerged as the overall winner. It scored the highest, with an overall rating of 4.94. Colibri Real Estate stands out for its quality courses, excellent customer service, and pass guarantee. Its courses are self-paced and user-friendly, making it ideal for those who need flexibility in scheduling. Overall, Colibri Real Estate is the best online real estate school in Kansas for students who want a high-quality online education and exceptional support throughout their enrollment.
The additional criteria we used to evaluate the best online real estate classes in Kansas:
25% of Overall Score
Consists of various formatting and learning styles for each course to meet the specific needs of the agent as well as ease of course accessibility.
20% of Overall Score
Pricing is based on the cost and availability of pre- and post-licensing, continuing education courses, and exam prep for each online institution.
15% of Overall Score
The availability of each level of education for different stages of licensure. This would include pre- and post-licensing, continuing education courses, broker prelicensing, and exam prep.
15% of Overall Score
Extending services past licensure such as coaching and training and career assistance. Also, whether the provider offers pass or refund guarantees for its courses.
10% of Overall Score
Based on customer feedback for each program, with particular attention given to reviews of the product and popularity of the provider, to certify the course meets user satisfaction.
10% of Overall Score
Expertise in the field and firsthand experience with the providers allow us to evaluate the standout features, value for the money, and ease of use for each school.
5% of Overall Score
We looked into the convenience and attainability of customer service for technical support and instructor assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The cost of a real estate license course in Kansas varies depending on the school and the type of course. Prelicensing courses can range from around $150 to $500 or more, while continuing education courses can range from around $50 to $150 per course. It’s essential to do your research to find a school that fits your budget and offers the courses you need to meet Kansas’ real estate licensing requirements.
The Kansas real estate exam can be challenging, but it’s not impossible to pass with the right preparation. According to the Kansas Real Estate Commission, the exam consists of 130 multiple-choice questions covering both national and state-specific topics. The passing score is 70%, and test-takers have four hours to complete the exam. It’s crucial to study the exam topics thoroughly and take practice exams to prepare for the real thing.
To become a real estate agent in Kansas, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Complete 60 hours of prelicensing education from a state-approved school
- Pass the Kansas real estate exam with a score of at least 70%
- Submit a fingerprint card and background check
- Be sponsored by a broker or brokerage firm
- Apply for a license and pay the required fee
- Obtain errors and omissions insurance before working as a licensed agent