This article is part of a larger series on How to Become a Real Estate Agent.
To earn and maintain a real estate license in Delaware, you’re required to take real estate classes approved by the Delaware Real Estate Commission (DREC). The best online real estate schools give you options for completing your education in a time-efficient and flexible manner, especially for busy individuals and those who want to study from home. Not only are the best online schools convenient, they also elevate your learning experience with interactive platforms and activities, learning format variety, and reasonable pricing.
Take a look at the top five online real estate schools in Delaware to find the best fit for you:
- The CE Shop: Best for self-paced prelicensing education and out-of-state license candidates
- Delaware School of Real Estate: Best for livestream real estate prelicensing classes for aspiring new agents
- McKissock Learning: Best for customizable continuing education for agents seeking license renewal
- Omega Real Estate School: Best for new agents who want to jump-start their career with job placement and career seminars
- 360Training: Best for individual continuing education courses for budget-conscious agents
Education Provided & Starting Price
Exam Prep: $69
Phone, email, and live chat
Phone and email
Phone and email
Exam Prep: $59
Phone, email, and live chat
Things you need to know before enrolling for Delaware real estate licensing classes: Along with education requirements, there are additional steps to completing your real estate licensure. Check out our Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming a Real Estate Agent in Delaware to help you get started.
The CE Shop: Best for Self-paced Prelicensing & Reciprocal Licensing
The CE Shop’s comprehensive platform is an excellent choice for real estate prelicensing classes in Delaware. Their program is self-paced, giving you the freedom to stop and start your education to fit your schedule. Although the program does not have a livestream learning environment, it incorporates engagement activities like real-world scenarios and quizzes to test for knowledge and build retention.
Uniquely, The CE Shop also offers a shortened course for out-of-state agents seeking reciprocal licensing with Delaware. The 33-hour Delaware real estate law class allows agents to fulfill the requirements and sit for the state portion of the exam.
Customers applaud the flexibility of the self-paced courses and exam prep at The CE Shop even though some found an issue with customer service. If you’re looking for customer service representatives who are available 24/7, take a look at 360Training.
As a national provider, The CE Shop gives you many options in terms of pricing and customized packages to fit any of your educational needs.
Prelicensing: Starting at $299
All prelicensing packages include the 99 hours of education required to get your Delaware real estate license as well as business e-books, career resources, downloadable resources, digital flashcards, real estate glossary, study schedules, and instructor-led webinars. Other packages include add-ons to further enhance your learning.
Package options include:
- Courses-only package: $799 (includes only the above items)
- Standard package: $859 includes courses, exam prep, and money-back pass guarantee
- Value package: $899 includes everything in the packages above and a building business course
- Premium package: $965 includes everything in the packages above and the Delaware 12-hour post-licensing first renewal sales course
Reciprocal Prelicensing: $259
Post-licensing Education: Starting at $35
- Individual classes for $35 each or the full 12-hour first renewal sales package for $109
Continued Education: Starting at $29
- Available for salesperson or broker
- Individual continuing education (CE) courses: From $39 to $75 based on credit hours
- Full 21-hour package: $209
Exam Prep: Starting at $69
- Salesperson exam packages: Range from $69 to $119; customize your package for the national or state portion or a combination of both
Delaware School of Real Estate: Best for Livestream Prelicensing Education
If you’re looking for a more interactive experience with your online learning, the livestream format at Delaware School of Real Estate could be a better choice for you. Although they only provide livestream prelicensing classes through their own platform, Delaware School of Real Estate also partners with The CE Shop to offer self-paced course options for those who require more schedule flexibility.
Not only does Delaware School of Real Estate offer day and evening classes to fit your schedule, they also offer accelerated sessions. Classes are held three days a week for five weeks, so you can quickly complete your education requirements and get started with your real estate career right away.
Users praise the instructors for being very knowledgeable and making their classes fun. But, if you’re looking for additional course options, you can look at their partner company, The CE Shop, or McKissock Learning.
As a smaller local school, Delaware School of Real Estate only offers one package option; however, their course does include several textbooks that coincide with the classes and help with studying for the exam.
McKissock Learning: Best for Customizable Continuing Education
With 12 hours of first year continuing education (CE) and 21 hours of CE required every two years after that to maintain your license, McKissock Learning is a great place to fulfill the hours needed to renew your real estate license. You can purchase classes individually or in bundled packages, and upgrade to higher-tiered packages to take advantage of additional features. McKissock Learning’s membership package includes unique features such as real estate coaching and an extensive video library to assist in building your real estate knowledge.
McKissock Learning customers appreciated the flexibility and relevant examples while others found it difficult to pace themselves with an entirely online course. If you feel similarly, visit Delaware School of Real Estate or Omega Real Estate School to review their livestream courses.
Even though McKissock Learning only offers continuing education, like many other national providers, they offer tiered packages and individual courses with options, so you can tailor your education to your interests.
Continued Education: Starting at $19.95
- Salesperson First-time 12-Hour Renewal Package: $109.95 includes New Salesperson Modules 1-4: Professional Standards in Real Estate (three hours), Agreement of Sale – Buyer Representation (three hours), Real Estate Documents – Seller Representation (three hours), and Real Estate Professionalism (three hours)
- 21-Hour Salesperson or Broker Renewal Package With NAR Ethics: $209.95 includes Delaware Core Modules 1-5: Agency and Fair Housing (three hours), Professional Standards (three hours), Real Estate Documents (three hours), Office Management (three hours), and Legislative Issues (three hours)
- DE McKissock CE PLUS Membership: $273 includes all courses listed in the packages above plus all CE courses in Delaware, a real estate coaching tool, access to the pro-series on demand webinar library, how-to videos, Sherri Johnson 90-Day Boot Camp, over 100 job aids (worksheets, scripts, and checklists), product and service discounts, and knowledgeable education specialists
- Individual real estate classes: Can be purchased from $34.95 to $99 based on credit hours
Omega Real Estate School: Best for Career Advancement Resources
Omega Real Estate School doesn’t offer as many course options as its national competitors, although it does have pre-packaged bundles to satisfy the course requirements. To stand out from other providers, Omega Real Estate School has two unique features: free career seminars and job placement assistance.
Within the career seminars, experienced agents discuss how to get your real estate license and characteristics that lead to success in the real estate industry. They also have job placement assistance to match you with local real estate agencies to gain employment with a sponsoring brokerage.
Several individuals loved Omega Real Estate School and passed their exam on the first attempt. Others were uncomfortable with the refund policy. If you are looking for a real estate school with a more comprehensive refund policy, check out 360Training or The CE Shop.
Similar to Delaware Real Estate School, as a local state provider, Omega Real Estate School offers simple packages that do not allow for much customization, but which do fulfill the required hours.
Reciprocal Prelicensing: $330
Continued Education: Starting at $40
- Each CE course module is available for $40 each; full CE requirement total costs $160
Exam Prep: $59
- Available through CompuCram
360Training: Best for Individual Budget-friendly CE Courses
360Training has you covered if you need to pick up a couple extra CE hours to maintain your Delaware real estate license. Although they don’t have a large selection of classes, the classes they do have are very affordable at $30 each. Education is delivered in a self-paced format for schedule flexibility, accessibility on any device, and 24/7 customer support so you will feel connected even from the comfort of your home.
Many reviewers said 360Training courses were very fast and informative. Unfortunately, they only offer a limited number of course options for Delaware real estate agents, so if you’re looking for additional options, visit The CE Shop or McKissock Learning.
Although 360Training is a national provider, they have a limited course selection in Delaware compared to its competitors.
Continued Education: Starting at $30
- Courses available for purchase individually
How We Evaluated the Top Online Real Estate Schools in Delaware
The best online real estate schools in Delaware offer multiple modes of delivery to guarantee you are receiving information to advance and build your career from the beginning. In addition, instructor support and engagement activities from accredited online schools reinforce your comprehension and retention, and help provide an in-person feel for your at-home experience.
In order to fulfill the DREC-required 99 hours of prelicensing education to earn your license, 12 hours for your first license renewal, and 21 hours every two years to maintain your license, you need a high-quality learning environment.
After researching dozens of schools, we’ve found that The CE Shop is the best provider for online real estate classes in Delaware. They offer the most course options throughout your career as well as self-paced formatting, expert faculty, and customizable courses.
Other criteria we utilized to determine the best schools are:
30% of Overall Score
Pricing is based on the cost and availability of pre- and post-licensing, continuing education courses, and exam prep for each online institution.
25% of Overall Score
Consists of various formatting and learning styles for each course to meet the specific needs of the agent as well as ease of course accessibility.
20% of Overall Score
Based on customer feedback for each program, with particular attention given to reviews of the product and popularity of the provider, to certify the course meets user satisfaction.
15% of Overall Score
Expertise in the field and firsthand experience with the providers allow us to evaluate the standout features, value for the money, and ease of use for each school.
10% of Overall Score
We looked into the convenience and attainability of customer service for technical support and instructor assistance.