All states require licensing education to acquire or maintain your real estate license; however, not all schools are accredited by state regulatory agencies. Finding a high-quality school approved by your state’s licensing office is necessary to start a successful real estate career. We reviewed dozens of real estate-accredited schools based on pricing, course features, customer support, and customer reviews to determine the five best online schools for real estate learners and get the most value for your time and money.
- Best for mobile-friendly courses: Aceable Agent
- Best for innovative learning techniques: Colibri Real Estate
- Best for high-quality prelicensing classes and support: Kaplan
- Best for customizable continuing education: The CE Shop
- Best for flexible payment options: VanEducation Center
Best Online Schools for Real Estate at a Glance
$24 - $799
$19 - $3,999
Use Promo Code: FSB25 for 25% off
$9 - $1,099
Use Promo Code: Kapre5 for 5% off
$9 - $1,795
Use Promo Code: FSB30 for 30% off
$9 - $649
*Prices and formats may vary by state
Choosing the right online real estate courses is the first step in a successful real estate career. Start by taking our quiz to see which school is the best fit for you:
Which best accredited online real estate school is right for you?
Aceable Agent: Best for Mobile-friendly Education
- No real estate broker license courses
- Post-licensing courses only offered in Texas
- Prelicensing courses are only available in 18 states
Our Expert Opinion on Aceable Agent
Aceable Agent earned the top spot as the best online school for real estate as its courses are compatible with both the website and mobile app versions. Students can take the classes on their iOS and Android smartphones, tablets, or online, allowing them to tailor their schedules. The mobile app syncs with other devices, so students can instantly pick up where they left off without losing any completed progress. It also has a student concierge available seven days a week to help with mobile app troubleshooting.
Although its courses are self-paced, the multimedia learning experience add-ons make the classes more interactive, keeping students engaged and encouraging retention. These also include interactive games, infographics, and videos. Aceable Agent offers one-on-one tutoring as part of its top-tier package. The school can improve by providing broker licensing courses for agents who want to take their careers to the next level.
- Accreditations: Association of Real Estate License Law Officials (ARELLO) and the International Distance Education Certification Center (IDECC)
- Refund policy: Aceable Agent’s Ace or Don’t Pay Guarantee allows you to get a refund or retake a course if you don’t pass after attempting the state test three times.
- Mastery tracking: This allows students to see their progress and which topic they should focus on.
- Learning materials: Provides free real estate practice tests, exam prep e-books, downloadable learning materials, and state and national question banks.
- Instructor assistance: Provides a live Q&A and private tutoring.
Aceable Agent received a customer review rating of 4.9 out of 5. Most of its students commended the informative course content, easy-to-use platform, and engaging features. One student said the videos were fun to watch and insightful, which helped them become interested in the content. Aside from these, students love the mobile phone experience, which allows them to take their courses anytime and anywhere.
However, most dissatisfied users stated that the proctor was very difficult to understand, and another student noted that the practice test did not contain questions similar to those on the final exam, leaving them unprepared. If you seek more robust exam prep, The CE Shop’s dynamic practice exams with state-specific content will better prepare you for the final state tests.
Read how our experts feel about this real estate school in our Aceable Agent review.
Aceable Agent is a real estate-accredited school offering three prelicensing packages for students to choose from. The courses include all the required prelicensing credit hours and an accessible interface for on-the-go learning with engaging course content.
$116 - $799
$40 - $567
$24 - $89
Exam prep is included with the prelicensing package
Colibri Real Estate: Best for Innovative Learning Techniques
- Only six months to finish the course after the purchase
- No mid-level pricing courses
- No in-person class option
Our Expert Opinion on Colibri Real Estate
Colibri Real Estate ranks as one of the best online schools for real estate for its unique “Smart Bites” feature. This learning methodology breaks down knowledge into smaller, digestible pieces—making learning and retaining information more manageable for students. Furthermore, it has a Learning Management System (LMS) that allows for an easy-to-navigate dashboard and highly qualified instructors to assist you in passing your course.
It also provides “Live Q&A,” which are live question and answer sessions with real estate experts and classmates—enabling new and experienced agents to learn in-depth concepts. The school’s comprehensive course features and its “Pass or Don’t Pay” guarantee made Colibri Real Estate one of the top-ranking online real estate course providers. Colibri may improve by allowing course access for up to 12 months, as The CE Shop does.
- Accreditations: ARELLO and IDECC
- Refund policy: You must request within 30 days from the date of purchase for online courses and within 24 hours of the first day of any livestream course to receive a full refund. For livestream classes, students can switch to self-paced courses after the 24-hour period.
- Course extension: Option to extend your course access at a cost for seven, 30, or up to 60 days.
- Career expos: Allows you to register to attend various career expos events.
- Exam prep: Consists of dozens of practice exams and real estate flashcards.
- Career Hub: Contains articles, blogs, and advice.
Colibri Real Estate, one of the nationally accredited online real estate schools, garnered a 4.1 out of 5-star rating from customers. Most users preferred the self-paced online courses from Colibri Real Estate, stating that the platform is informative and easy to use. It allows you six months to complete your course on your own time. One user said that the reps are beneficial if you have any questions and are assigned a teacher for specific real estate questions.
In the negative reviews, some users claimed that the learning materials contain many typos, need to be updated, and differ from the final exam. However, Colibri Real Estate does not offer in-person learning, and some find it easier to grasp real estate concepts within an in-classroom environment. In that case, choose a school like Kaplan, which provides livestream classes and live interactive study groups with almost all its packages.
Read how our experts feel about this real estate school in our Colibri Real Estate review.
Colibri Real Estate offers courses at a low cost, ranging from basic course-only packages to an Ultimate Learning package that includes exam prep, career tools, and access to live instructors for online self-paced courses.
$129 - $2,299
$85 - $389
$199 - $3,999
$19 - $519
$99 - $399
*Offered by affiliate partner, McKissock Learning
Kaplan: Best for High-quality Real Estate Prelicensing Support
- No pass guarantee
- No in-person class options
- Courses are only accessible for six months
Our Expert Opinion on Kaplan
Kaplan is one of the best real estate-accredited schools for prelicensing classes. It offers various course formats, including livestream, self-paced, and on-demand video. Even though the prelicensing courses are only available in 25 states, the course accommodates a variety of learning styles. Kaplan offers visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learning styles, so you can choose how you learn best.
Its prelicensing courses include access to supplementary textbooks, interactive study groups, and exam prep materials to prepare you for the license exam. You can also purchase add-ons, like exam prep apps and flashcards, to improve your confidence in passing the exam. In some states, it also offers the post-licensing education required to upgrade to a broker license when ready to start your brokerage. Kaplan might be improved by providing extended course access to learners who need more time to grasp the course.
- Accreditations: ARELLO and IDECC
- Refund policy: Refunds are issued within 30 days of enrollment if the course is not completed.
- Learning Management System (LMS) platform: Offers a simple learning management system platform for easy navigation.
- Course format variety: Livestream, on-demand videos, self-paced, and interactive course formats.
- Career support: Provides direct instructor access, career toolbox, and course demos.
The highly knowledgeable instructors, live interactive study coursework, and QBank questions at Kaplan helped the school achieve a 4.4 out of 5 outstanding online customer reviews. Additionally, students commended the test preparation workbook, stating that it boosted their confidence—leading to their success as real estate agents.
On the other hand, several reviewers complained about heavy-text learning materials. Some wished for more videos and audiobook-style options to make the class more enjoyable. Another student commented on the glitchy system and difficulties navigating the technology. For those who need extra navigation tools, consider The CE Shop or Colibri Real Estate.
Read how our experts feel about this real estate school in our Kaplan review.
Kaplan offers multiple accredited real estate courses online packages and individual courses for aspiring salespersons and brokers. Students can choose from its extensive learning delivery format, like self-paced online videos and online-only courses.
$179 - $1,099
$19 - $799
$105 - $889
$9 - $119
$49 - $129
The CE Shop: Best for Customizable Continuing Education
- No direct instructor access
- No 1:1 coaching and training
- No physical school to visit for support and in-classroom options
Our Expert Opinion on The CE Shop
Whether you’re seeking prelicensing or continuing education, The CE Shop lets you personalize your real estate education. You can buy course packages or individual courses to finish the required hours in your state. Furthermore, The CE Shop provides state-approved continuing education in 50 states and the District of Columbia to real estate salespeople and brokers who must renew their licenses every cycle. It also offers its courses in a custom LEAP 2.0 platform that allows easy navigation.
Agents can take state-specific courses and electives that cover industry issues and trends. Courses are self-paced and available on any mobile device at any time. Select from various classes that count toward the required hours in your state, or purchase CE packages that include Ethics hours. The CE Shop may improve by offering livestream courses that allow students to connect with their instructors in real time.
- Accreditations: ARELLO and IDECC
- Free trial and money-back guarantee: Provides a five-day free trial on selected prelicensing courses, unlimited course access during the free trial period, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Exam Prep Edge: Offers a free initial assessment and unlimited exams.
- Industry experts: State-approved curriculum developed by highly knowledgeable and experienced real estate professionals.
- Interactive course features: Videos and practice exams make online learning more engaging; the online chat button offers students easy access to customer support and quick answers to their questions.
The CE Shop received a customer review rating of 3.6 out of 5 because of its flexible, easy-to-navigate, and informative courses. A student commented that the course materials were clear, in-depth, engaging, and enjoyable, helping them to pass their real estate exam on the first try.
However, a few students are dissatisfied with the customer service team of the platform, claiming that they had an awful experience and nobody was helping them to resolve their issues. One student wished that the customer and trainer support were available on weekends. Consider Aceable Agent since it provides a student concierge available seven days a week to help you solve problems.
Read how our experts feel about this real estate school in our The CE Shop review.
The CE Shop provides individual courses as well as education packages. Students can choose packages based on their resources and requirements to succeed.
$139 - $1,795
$19 - $945
$35 - $1,049
$9 - $175
$79 - $135
VanEducation Center: Best for Flexible Payment Options
- No in-person classes or a physical school to visit for support
- No pass guarantee
- No livestream learning format
Our Expert Opinion on VanEducation Center
VanEducation Center (VanEd) offers flexible payment options for students who purchase a licensing course program, making it one of the best accredited real estate classes online. VanEd also offers a five-day free trial, and when purchasing a course, students can choose whether to pay in full or in two or three monthly payments by check or credit card. Furthermore, VanEd provides diverse courses for every stage of your career—from prelicensing to CE and license renewal.
Its courses can be taken as self-paced or on-demand video learning styles. To complete the online classroom experience, VanEd utilizes multimedia elements like texts, graphics, audio, and video. Multiple exercises, quizzes, and exams to check for understanding and free downloadable e-books in some courses are also available. VanEd could be improved by offering interactive study groups and a mobile app for easy navigation.
- Accreditations: ARELLO, IDECC, The Real Estate Educators Association (REEA), and Certified Distance Education Instructor (CDEI)
- Refund policy: If you’re not satisfied with VanEd’s education program, you may request a refund within 72 hours of purchase. The refund applies if you have not yet completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
- Learning management system platform: Allows students to navigate the platform easily.
- Career enrichment and professional development programs: Offers real estate appraisal, real estate professional training, and designations and certification courses.
- Real estate agent resources: Free access to blogs, how-to’s, and real estate tips.
- Instructor access: Contact instructors via email, chat, phone, and its online Q&A system; premium packages include a Personal Academic Advisor to assist agents in advancing through their courses.
Users praised VanEducation Center for its affordable and easy-to-use online courses. Some students noted that courses contained detailed real estate topics, capturing all critical information. According to them, these courses boosted their confidence and helped them ace their exams. As a result, VanEd obtained a customer review rating of 4.34 out of 5.
However, some students wished for more interactive elements within the courses. If you desire lively interactions with instructors, we suggest Aceable Agent for its multimedia learning experience that includes interactive games, infographics, and videos. These elements help students stay focused and make classes engaging.
Read how our experts feel about this real estate school in our VanEducation Center review.
VanEducation Center provides a variety of packages for all stages of your real estate career, as well as customizing choices.
$100 - $649
$119 - $639
$50 - $550
$9 - $568
$59 - $150
How to Choose an Online Real Estate School
If you want to become a licensed real estate agent, consider the following factors, such as availability, accreditation, courses offered, and pricing, when choosing an online real estate school.
- Availability: Some schools do not offer education in every state or not every type of education (pre- and post-licensing, continuing education, broker licensing, and exam prep) in each state. Ask yourself: Are the courses you need offered in your state? Are there any preparatory certifications or licenses required?
- Accreditation: Look for schools with state-specific accreditations, such as ARELLO and IDECC. These accreditations verify that the institution meets specified standards for material delivery, student assessments, and student-instructor engagement methods.
- Course fees: Schools provide courses with varying features, such as audio and video supplements, flashcards, or direct access to instructors—impacting pricing significantly. Compare educational institutions to find cost-effective courses with the features you want.
- Money-back guarantee and cancellation policy: Some institutions provide a money-back guarantee, allowing you to receive a refund if you provide proof that you failed the exam after completing exam prep courses. Many also offer refunds if you cancel within a specific time frame.
- Time in business and pass rates: The best real estate schools have a long track record and a high pass rate. So, ensure the school is a well-known, established name in the real estate industry.
- Website usability: Compare and test the real estate school websites to know which website has the best user experience for you.
- Mobile app: A mobile app allows you to access your course anytime and anywhere and promotes convenience.
How We Evaluated the Best Online Schools for Real Estate
To be considered the best online school for real estate, a school had to be accredited by governing state and testing agencies. Also, each state requires a specific course curriculum and hours of prelicensing, post-licensing, and continuing education. We therefore looked for those that offered online courses for agents in all 50 states for pricing, course features, refund policy, and customer reviews.
After researching dozens of options, we determined that Aceable Agent is the top option among the best online schools for real estate. The innovative online course formats, learning style methodology, reasonable prices, and nationwide presence were contributing factors that pushed this school to the top spot. We recommend it for those seeking to get their real estate license for the first time or maintain their license and get ahead of the competition.
Along with accreditation, we used the following criteria to evaluate each online school for real estate.
25% of Overall Score
Consists of various formatting and learning styles for each course to meet the specific needs of the agent as well as ease of course accessibility.
20% of Overall Score
Pricing is based on the cost and availability of pre- and post-licensing, continuing education courses, and exam prep for each online institution.
15% of Overall Score
The availability of each level of education for different stages of licensure. This would include pre- and post-licensing, continuing education courses, broker prelicensing, and exam prep.
15% of Overall Score
Extending services past licensure such as coaching, training, and career assistance. Also, whether the provider offers pass or refund guarantees for its courses.
10% of Overall Score
Based on customer feedback for each program, with particular attention given to reviews of the product and popularity of the provider, to certify the course meets user satisfaction.
10% of Overall Score
Expertise in the field and firsthand experience with the providers allow us to evaluate the standout features, value for the money, and ease of use for each school.
5% of Overall Score
We looked into the convenience and attainability of customer service for technical support and instructor assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Prices for accredited online real estate colleges vary depending on the course, location, amenities, and learning method. Depending on where you live and whether you choose to include exam prep, online prelicensing classes can cost anywhere from $100 to over $2,000. But if you wish to attend a live, in-person class—not including exam prep—this typically costs more than $1,000.
Yes, each state has its own set of class requirements, testing methods, and application specifications. However, all states have age requirements to qualify for licensing, with the majority requiring 18 years or older. Furthermore, regardless of which state you obtain your real estate license from, you must attend prelicensing classes. The number of hours required varies by state but can range from 40, like in Michigan and New Hampshire, to 180 in Texas.
Yes, you can complete your real estate license and attend an online real estate school. You can complete your required education by enrolling in an accredited online real estate school. You can also schedule your licensure exam online and take it from home while being monitored by a live proctor. However, you must be present in person to have your fingerprints taken to obtain your license and background check.