This article is part of a larger series on How to Become a Real Estate Agent.
The best online real estate schools in North Dakota offer flexible class schedules, multiple learning formats, instructor and customer support, and reasonable pricing to new and experienced agents. To fulfill 90 hours of prelicensing education plus continuing education and beyond, let us help you find a school that meets your specific learning needs. We reviewed several options to determine the top six schools in North Dakota that provide the best comprehensive online real estate courses.
- Cooke Real Estate School: Most budget-friendly and comprehensive prelicensing and broker licensing courses
- McKissock Learning: Ideal for agents seeking professional development courses in a variety of learning formats
- University of North Dakota: Great for agents looking for self-paced format courses
- The CE Shop: Best for agents seeking customizable real estate education with user-friendly dashboards
- North Dakota School of Real Estate: Excellent for aspiring agents who prefer live stream classes
- Academy of Real Estate Professionals: Recommended for agents wanting fast-paced prelicensing education in under a month
Best Online Schools in North Dakota At A Glance
Online Real Estate Schools
Education Provided & Starting Price
Broker licensing: $409
Exam Prep: $99
Phone, email, and live chat
Phone and email
Exam Prep: $65
Phone and email
Exam Prep: $75
Phone, email, and live chat
(Use Promo Code: FSB30 for 30% off)
Phone and email
Broker licensing: $950
Phone and email
Things you need to know before enrolling for your North Dakota real estate license education:
Along with education requirements, there are additional steps to completing your real estate licensure. Check out our step-by-step guide to becoming a real estate agent in North Dakota to help you get started.
Cooke Real Estate School: Most Affordable & Comprehensive Prelicensing & Broker Licensing Courses
Cooke Real Estate School is our top choice of North Dakota’s best online real estate schools, offering the most affordable prelicensing and broker licensing courses. Its prelicensing and broker licensing price ranges from $350 to $500, cheaper compared to other online real estate schools. Cooke Real Estate School is an excellent opportunity for students to learn all aspects of the real estate industry in a self-paced or on-demand video learning format suitable for busy agents.
With today’s instructional technologies, such as video streaming, interactive flashcards, and web-based educational platforms, all courses include these features and recorded video presentations for each session or chapter of the course. The school also provides a weekly online interactive seminar that helps students better grasp all the lessons. Cooke Real Estate School is a registered provider of Dearborn Real Estate Education content and each course comes with a companion textbook.
Cooke Real Estate School Reviews
Cooke Real Estate School is admired by its students for its affordable courses, flexible class schedules, and excellent instructors, who made learning simple and efficient. However, some students wanted an option for a livestream learning method. Additionally, the school does not provide post-licensure or continuing education courses in North Dakota. Check out University of North Carolina or The CE Shop for its complete pre and post-licensing real education courses.
Cooke Real Estate School Pricing
Cooke Real Estate School provides budget-friendly education packages. The self-paced courses include on-demand video lectures and tutorials from experienced and knowledgeable real estate professionals.
Prelicensing: Starting at $599
All of the 90-Hour North Dakota Prelicensing Sales Courses are completely online, with textbooks and a video presentation for each session.
- Bronze Package: $599, includes online license courses, textbooks, and an interactive study group
- Silver Package: $699, includes all items in the Bronze package plus additional textbooks and PSI exam prep
- Gold Package: $779, includes all items in the Silver package plus additional textbook and modern real estate practice flashcards
- Platinum Package: $849, includes all items in the Gold package plus additional textbook and sales and marketing 101
Broker Licensing: Starting at $409
The 60-Hour North Dakota Prelicensing Broker Course is entirely online for licensees who presently have a salesperson license and would like to upgrade to a broker license.
- Bronze Package: $409, includes online license courses and four textbooks
- Silver Package: $489, consists of all items in the bronze package plus an additional textbook
- Platinum Package: $589, includes all items in the silver package plus additional textbook and sales and marketing 101
Exam Prep: $99
The Bronze package includes online license courses, North Dakota license law book, and a course support document textbook
McKissock Learning: Best for Professional Development Courses
McKissock Learning offers various professional development courses to help you advance your real estate career. It provides an on-demand Pro-Series webinar library that covers relevant topics such as “How to Work with Real Estate Investors” and “Going Green: Elements of an Eco-friendly Home” to help you improve your skills and knowledge of the real estate market. Experienced real estate specialists provide classes in live stream, self-paced, and OnDemand video learning formats.
Although the real estate courses are entirely online, interaction with live instructors and customer support are provided through phone and email, helping students fulfill their real estate career requirements. McKissock Learning also offers hundreds of course materials and free material aids, such as electronic textbooks and real estate e-books that will give you in-depth information about the real estate industry.
McKissock Learning Reviews
Students were impressed by McKissock Learnings‘ relevant and accurate content and real-world examples, which helped them remember every lesson. However, some students remarked that since classes were self-paced, they struggled to stay focused.
In addition, since McKissock Learning focuses on continuing education, its offered courses in North Dakota do not include prelicensing, broker licensing, or test prep classes. Visit its partner Colibri Real Estate or The CE Shop for a comprehensive list of licensing courses.
Want to know more about this school? Read our McKissock Learning review to see whether it fits your real estate requirements.
McKissock Learning Pricing
McKissock Learning has a wide range of prices based on your packages, individual classes, and your chosen state.
- North Dakota 15-Hour Post-Licensing Beyond the Basics Package: $119, includes A New Look at Contract Law (3 hrs), Finding Your Focus: Niche Marketing for Real Estate (3 hrs), Lead Alert: A Guide for Property Managers (3 hrs), Millennials Are Changing Real Estate: Are You Ready? (3 hrs), and Real Estate Taxes (3 hrs)
Continued Education: Starting at $79.95
- 2022 Salesperson 9-Hour Renewal Package with NAR Ethics: $79.97, includes Getting Down to the Facts About Fair Housing (3 hrs), Ethics in the Age of Disruption (3 hrs), and Taking the Distress Out of Distressed Properties (3 hrs)
- 2022 Broker 9-Hour Renewal Package with NAR Ethics: $79.95, includes Getting Down to the Facts About Fair Housing (3 hrs), Ethics in the Age of Disruption (3 hrs), and Agency Law – A Broker’s Perspective (3 hrs)
- ND McKissock CE PLUS Membership: $116, includes all ND CE courses, pro-series webinar on-demand library, how-to videos, 100+ job aids, product and service discounts, and knowledgeable education specialists
University of North Dakota: Best for Self-paced Format Courses
University of North Dakota (UND) offers all of its courses fully online, allowing you to study at your own pace and in your learning environment. Its courses are taught and designed by highly experienced instructors in the real estate industry. Moreover, UND provides dynamic practice exams with unique questions to prepare you for your upcoming exam on an easy navigation platform. It also provides short videos, animated scenarios, and incremental assessments to help you better grasp the lessons.
Review your practice test results to help hone in on areas where you feel you excelled and where there is an opportunity to improve. Its real-time dashboards guide you through each topic while gauging your competency, so you know what to concentrate on before exam day.
University of North Dakota Reviews
Students are impressed by the University of North Dakota’s scheduling flexibility and premium packages, including added features, such as instructor Q&A webinars, short films, animated situations, and incremental exams. These features enabled them to customize the courses to their needs and interests.
However, because the curriculum was primarily text-based, numerous students were unsatisfied with the school’s self-paced courses. UND also does not provide broker licensing courses, so consider Cooke Real Estate School for its prelicensing, broker licensing, and exam prep courses.
University of North Dakota Pricing
The University of North Dakota offers individual class options that you can add to your full-course packages to enhance your learning experience.
- 90-Hr. ND Prelicensing Course with Exam Prep National & State Portions: $799, includes all required courses, exam prep edge national and state portions, instructor assistance, readings, short videos, animated scenarios, and incremental assessments
UND’s North Dakota Post-Licensing for Real Estate Salespersons course costs $115.
Continued Education: $56
- 9-Hr. ND CE Package (with Ethics course): $56, includes Technology Tools, Trends, and Risk Management, Code of Ethics in Action: Real-Life Applications, and Breaking Barriers: Fair Housing
- 9-Hr. ND CE Package (without Ethics course): $56, includes Technology Tools, Trends, and Risk Management, Selling to Your Sphere of Influence, and Roadmap to Success – Business Planning for Real Estate Professionals
Exam Prep: Starting at $65
- Exam Prep Edge: AMP (a PSI Business) National Portion: $65
- ND Salesperson Exam Prep Edge: State Portion: $65
- ND Salesperson Exam Prep Edge: National & State Portions: $120
The CE Shop: Best for Customizable Courses With Intuitive Dashboards
The CE Shop is ideal for agents looking for customizable course packages by allowing its students to add additional individual courses to their packages on an easy-to-use online platform. The school provides self-paced and OnDemand video learning formats, allowing you to access your course anytime and wherever you want. The school also provides a pass guarantee that allows students to refund their prelicensing fees if a retake is necessary.
Furthermore, agents can access free educational blogs, encyclopedias, e-books, podcasts, and videos about real estate news. The CE Shop also has a unique LEAP learning platform, allowing more straightforward navigation. Topics are broken down into different lessons to promote a more in-depth learning experience. The Exam Prep Edge is also supported by a virtual test platform, simulating the actual exam atmosphere. To boost their chances of passing the licensing exam, students can take unlimited practice and customized tests.
The CE Shop Reviews
Students are pleased with The CE Shops‘ self-paced learning format, high-quality content, and easy-to-follow platform, which has helped them study more effectively. However, because most of the information is text-based, several students found it challenging to complete the course.
Students also do not have a livestream learning format for The CE Shop. We recommend the North Dakota School of Real Estate or the Academy of Real Estate Professionals if you need courses offered in a livestream format.
Read our in-depth The CE Shop review to determine whether The CE Shop is suitable for you.
The CE Shop Pricing
The CE Shop’s pricing includes tiered packages and individual prelicensing, post-licensing, CE, and exam prep courses.
Prelicensing: Starting at $729
- Courses Only: $729, includes 90 hours of North Dakota prelicensing, business eBooks written by experts, career resources, downloadable resources, digital flashcards, real estate glossary, and study schedule
- Standard Package: $799, includes everything in the Courses Only package plus exam prep edge – national and state
- Value Package: $839, includes everything in the Standard package plus business building courses
- Premium Package: $939, includes everything in the Value package plus 9-hr. North Dakota CE package and Real Estate: An Introduction to the profession, 12th Edition book
The North Dakota Post-Licensing for Real Estate Salespersons costs $159.
Continued Education: $85
The 9-Hr. ND CE Package (with Ethics course) includes Using the Code to Solve Ethical Dilemmas (3 mandatory hours), Breaking Barriers: Fair Housing (3 mandatory hours), and Marketing, Advertising, and Social Media Compliance (3 elective hours)
Exam Prep: Starting at $75
- Exam Prep Edge: ND State Portion: $75
- Exam Prep Edge: AMP National Portion: $75
- Exam Prep Edge: ND National and State Portions: $125
North Dakota School of Real Estate: Best for Livestream Prelicensing Courses
North Dakota School of Real Estate offers live classes for all its prelicensing courses. Students choose their courses from the schedule of live classes on its website, delivered by knowledgeable and experienced instructors. The school also provides up-to-date, solid, and engaging courses and student resources to help you prepare for your licensing exam.
The great thing about North Dakota School of Real Estates’ combining live instruction with a top-notch online curriculum is you can interact with your instructor if you have questions. You are also provided with their exclusive texts and presentation, but you can purchase an additional textbook or a study guide to read along.
North Dakota School of Real Estate Reviews
Most students praised the North Dakota School of Real Estates‘ instructors for their professionalism and the insightful information they shared, which helped them gain confidence in taking their real estate licensure exam. Many students also commended the North Dakota School of Real Estate for its live classes since it allows them to ask questions and receive answers from their instructors in real time.
However, some students expressed dissatisfaction with its limited course options. Since North Dakota School of Real Estate only offers prelicensing courses, you can check out the University of North Dakota or The CE Shop for its more comprehensive course options.
North Dakota School of Real Estate Pricing
North Dakota School of Real Estate only offers prelicensing courses in a live stream format.
Its 90-hr Prelicensure Class costs $995.
Academy of Real Estate Professionals: Best for Fast-paced Learning
We recommend the Academy of Real Estate Professionals for students who wish to become licensed real estate agents in less than six months. The school offers 90-hour prelicensing courses that take less than a month to complete. Classes are conducted online for a hybrid class that includes 60 hours of online or self-guided study and 30 hours in a live stream via Zoom. The school’s prelicensing and broker licensing courses also include study materials like books and workbooks that will be mailed out to you.
In addition, the Academy of Real Estate Professionals courses are taught by active North Dakota and Minnesota real estate professionals. You will learn and be provided real-life scenarios and examples by top-producing real estate experts with extensive real estate and college teaching experiences.
Academy of Real Estate Professionals Reviews
As of this writing, no online customer reviews are available for the Academy of Real Estate Professionals’ courses or offerings. However, we have noted that its website is easy to follow and navigate.
The school only offers prelicensing and broker licensing courses in a live stream format. Thus, consider the University of North Dakota or The CE Shop if you seek a school that provides various course options and learning formats.
Academy of Real Estate Professionals Pricing
The Academy of Real Estate Professionals currently offers prelicensing courses only. The broker licensing class schedules are yet to be announced.
Its Prelicense 90-Hours Hybrid Class costs $950, with an additional shipping fee of $30. It includes the 90 hours of required courses and all students materials
Broker Licensing: $950
This course is not yet being offered. Check its website today for more updates on its upcoming course offerings.
How We Evaluated the Top Real Estate Schools in North Dakota
When choosing the best online real estate courses in North Dakota, consider factors like pricing, course features, schedule flexibility, and the learning format that best matches your learning style. Customer and instructor support, as well as customer reviews, should all be taken into account because they influence the entire learning experience and the agent’s success.
After assessing several accredited online real estate schools in North Dakota, we ranked the Cooke Real Estate School as the best overall for its affordability, scheduling flexibility, and comprehensive courses for every step of the real estate profession. The school’s courses also include several course elements and other learning resources to assist students in grasping topics and passing the licensing exam.
Other factors we considered while evaluating accredited online real estate schools in North Dakota for real estate agents:
30% of Overall Score
Pricing is based on the cost and availability of pre- and post-licensing, continuing education courses, and exam prep for each online institution.
25% of Overall Score
Consist of various formatting and learning styles for each course to meet the specific needs of the agent as well as ease of course accessibility.
20% of Overall Score
Based on customer feedback for each program, with particular attention given to reviews of the product and popularity of the provider, to certify the course meets user satisfaction.
15% of Overall Score
Expertise in the field and firsthand experience with the providers allow us to evaluate the standout features, value for the money, and ease of use for each school.
10% of Overall Score
We looked into the convenience and attainability of customer service for technical support and instructor assistance.