2023 ShareAble for Hires Review: Is It Right for Your Business?
This article is part of a larger series on Hiring.
ShareAble for Hires is cloud-based software that helps employers check potential employees’ criminal history and credit background. It works on mobile devices and computers/laptops and allows users to obtain background reports in just a few minutes. With three packages of pre-employment checks ranging from $25 to $60 per request, it is a quick and cost-effective solution for financial firms and other small businesses.
We evaluated ShareAble for Hires against our best background check companies criteria, and it got a 4.19 out of 5—ranking it as one of our top software on that list. It received perfect scores for its pricing and reporting capabilities and a high score in background check functionality. However, its limited reviews on popular third-party review websites lowered its score in the popularity criterion.
- Fuss-free process
- Straightforward pricing plan
- Quick results
- No free trial
- Not ideal for high-volume checking
- Background check services are limited
- No third-party integrations
ShareAble for Hires is a self-service platform that allows employers to perform basic candidate background, resume verification, credit check, and employment screening. It helps ensure your new hires are free from criminal and financial debt problems.
In short, ShareAble for Hires is best for:
- Managers or businesses needing quick and straightforward background checks: ShareAble for Hires’ platform doesn’t require long wait times for reports to be delivered. The platform is accessible online, and you only need a device that connects to the internet and a browser. With this solution, you can generate a background check anytime you need. The platform promises to deliver results in minutes, so you can quickly make a hiring decision.
- Financial institutions or businesses hiring a bookkeeper or finance manager and needing simple and fast credit checks: ShareAble for Hires delivers credit reports directly from TransUnion, an experienced and reputable credit reporting bureau, so you are sure that you get accurate information for each individual.
- Businesses that need to run occasional background checks: The platform is a cost-effective solution for employers that need occasional background checking because of its per-use pricing scheme. This makes it ideal if you only hire occasionally or you only run background checks for select positions.
- Businesses needing a drug testing tool: ShareAble for Hires doesn’t provide specialized tests/checks like drug testing and driving records. Consider GoodHire as an option if you want this extra background check service.
- Those needing background check software that integrates with third-party apps: Some hiring managers find software integration helpful in saving and attaching documents to employee records. Unfortunately, ShareAble for Hires doesn’t offer this feature—though you can save a PDF or printed copy of a report to attach to your HR system or records. If you need integrations, HireRight offers several HRIS or recruiting software integrations to streamline hiring tasks.
- Small businesses with high-volume hiring: Because of ShareAble for Hire’s per-use pricing policy, background checking in large volumes may be expensive. Businesses with high-volume hiring should instead consider Checkr, our top-ranked background check company, for its custom packages.
ShareAble for Hires Deciding Factors
Supported Business Types
Businesses that only need to run occasional background checks (ShareAble for Hires’ pricing might be costly for those doing bulk screenings)
Ease of Use
ShareAble for Hires has a simple and straightforward background check process for both employers and applicants, using the self-service feature.
24/7 live representative via phone:
Make sure your employees are aware of any background checks you do. To maintain compliance and have full transparency with your company, follow our guide to creating a background check policy.
Top ShareAble for Hires Alternatives
Starts at $29.99/check
(less than 10 checks)
Starts at $29.99/check
Best for: Businesses looking for drug testing
Best for: Businesses with high-volume needs
Best for: Companies needing a background checker integrated into their HRIS
Are you looking for something different? Check out our ultimate guide on how to screen applicants for some expert tips.
ShareAble for Hires earned a perfect rating in our evaluation due to its affordable background check packages. What’s great about it is that you don’t need to pay setup or monthly fees; you only pay each time you perform pre-employment screening. Here are its pricing plans:
Fees Per Request
Instant State and County Check
Federal Watch Lists; National Sex Offender Registry; National Most Wanted
TransUnion Instant Match
FCRA and State Filters
Fraud Alerts Check
Name and SSN Match Report
Deceased Person SSN Check
Reported Prior Employment; Current and Previous Addresses
Detailed Credit Report
Background checks performed by ShareAble for Hires involve checking the criminal and credit history of a person, as well as verifying their identity. In our evaluation of its background check functionality, ShareAble for Hires received a 4.75 rating out of 5. It didn’t get a perfect score because its services are limited to criminal, credit, and identity checks. It lacks specialty checks like drug tests, motor vehicle records, education verification, and sanction searches.
Here are some of its background check functionalities:
ShareAble for Hires uses advanced algorithms to ensure accuracy in its reports and help users find employees with a clean background. It has a database of around 400 million criminal records and also checks information from different federal organizations, such as:
- US Customs
- National Sex Offender Public Registry
- Border Protection
- FBI’s Most Wanted
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
Although not all employers need a credit check, the platform provides this option as part of its Background Check Pro tier. Credit checking is essential for businesses hiring for sensitive positions, particularly those that handle accounting or finances.
While credit checking can be expensive, ShareAble for Hires makes it accessible even for small business owners with its low-cost and easy platform.
Identity verification has become crucial among employers—with ShareAble for Hires, this step is simple.
To verify identity, an employer sends a candidate a screening invitation from which they provide information such as their name, birth date, address, and Social Security number (SSN). This information is then checked against the platform’s databases to ensure the applicant’s identity is correct.
The system will issue a favorable report if it verifies the individual’s identity. Otherwise, ShareAble for Hires will alert you about the individual and possible fraud.
One of the things employers need to look out for is whether the background check that’s being done is compliant with the legal requirements. Otherwise, it can become a problem. ShareAble for Hires has the following tools to ensure a legally compliant background check:
- Downloadable consent forms
- Dispute documents
While the consent forms and dispute documents are available online and offline, it doesn’t offer templates for pre-adverse/adverse action notices. For this reason, ShareAble only got a 3.75 rating out of 5.
In our evaluation of ShareAble for Hire’s reporting capability, it received a perfect rating because of the following:
- FCRA-compliance: When doing a background check, employers enter an applicant’s email address and ShareAble for Hires notifies the applicant to fill out the form. Before filling out the form, they are asked whether they consent to the screening. With this process, applicants have control over what type of information they share. At the same time, this makes the report compliant with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Reports are accessible by both employers and applicants: Once the background check is complete, both the applicant and the employer receive a report in their email.
- Simple setup
- Live phone support 24/7
- Completely online
- Accessible anytime
- Reports in minutes
- Organized FAQ section
ShareAble for Hires scored 3.75 out of 5 in this criteria because of its easy and quick process. Users will first sign up and choose a background check package to get. They can then send out invitations to applicants. After the applicant provides their information, results are delivered in minutes.
Besides the fast turnaround time of the results, the 24/7 live phone support and the comprehensive FAQ section contribute to the fuss-free screening process. Employers can easily get the assistance they need if they encounter a snag during the background check.
However, despite its notable features, it did not receive a perfect score because it does not have integration options with HR, ATS, and payroll software.
Unfortunately, at the time of publication, we didn’t find many reviews of ShareAble for Hires on popular user review sites. We only found a 2020 review on Capterra with a 4 out of 5 score, mentioning how easy and straightforward ShareAble is.
How We Evaluated Shareable for Hires
We looked at the provider’s background check functionality, as well as its reporting and compliance features. We also considered its price, ease of use, and popularity in the evaluation process, checking popular third-party review websites to look at what real-life users are saying about ShareAble for Hires.
Click through each tab to see the detailed evaluation criteria:
10% of Overall Score
We gave high scores to providers with a simple and transparent pricing scheme. We also considered if the provider requires a setup fee.
25% of Overall Score
The best background check services should be capable of searching both national, multistate, and local searches. Providers that offer different niche background services and a quick turnaround period also rank higher in this area.
20% of Overall Score
We looked for several compliance features like adverse notices and consent forms. We favor background check services with online and offline versions of these documents.
15% of Overall Score
Aside from compliance and background check features, we also consider whether the results are accessible to both employers and applicants. We also checked if the reporting process is compliant with the FCRA guidelines.
10% of Overall Score
We adopted the average review rating from Capterra, G2, and other popular review websites, because they also use the same rating style. A 4+ star rating is ideal. Providers with more than 100 reviews have received a higher rating. We also put report accuracy into consideration when rating the provider.
20% of Overall Score
Background check services that do not require help during setup as well as having the ability to integrate with other third-party apps are winners in this criteria.
ShareAble for Hires is a background check solution for small businesses. It checks for crucial information, including relevant criminal history and financial stability, and confirms the identity of a potential candidate. It’s a self-serve platform accessible online where users pay per request, making it a valuable tool for financial institutions and other small businesses.