American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
Earning 2% cash back every time you swipe and 0% introductory annual percentage rate (APR) for 12 months
- Earn a $250 statement credit after you make $3,000 in purchases on your Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 2% cash back on all eligible purchases on up to $50,000 per calendar year, then 1%. Cash back earned is automatically credited to your statement.
- From workflow to inventory to floor plans, your business is constantly changing. That’s why you’ve got the power to spend beyond your credit limit with Expanded Buying Power.
- Just remember, the amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to American Express and other factors.
- 0.0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 13.24% - 19.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
- No Annual Fee
- Terms Apply
- No interest for 12 months
- Earn consistent 2% cash back rewards on every purchase
- Offers no cash sign-up bonus
- 2% cash back category is capped at $50,000 in annual spending
- Extended warranty protection: American Express provides up to an additional year of coverage on warranties of up to 5 years. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per account each year.
- Purchase protection: The issuer will repair, replace, or reimburse you for an item purchased with the card that was damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $1,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per account each year.
- Baggage insurance: If your luggage is damaged or lost when you travel on a common carrier, such as a plane, trip, ship, or bus, American Express will reimburse you for losses not covered by your own personal insurance.
The American Express Blue Business CashTM Card is designed for businesses that don’t want to track category rewards and prefer to receive cash back rewards as an automatic credit to their bill. This small business credit card also features expanded buying power, which allows you to spend beyond your credit limit and gives access to more credit for businesses that need it.
Who the American Express Blue Business CashTM Card is Right For
- Owners who don’t want to monitor category bonuses: The American Express Blue Business CashTM Card offers fixed-rate rewards for all eligible purchases, regardless of categories.
- Owners who prefer to redeem rewards as a statement credit: The cash back that you earned is automatically credited as a rebate to your statement.
- Owners who might exceed their credit limit: You can spend above your credit limit with its expanded buying power feature. Your buying power adjusts with your use of the card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources, and other factors.
How We Evaluate Cash Back Business Credit Cards
When grading fixed-rate cash back business credit cards like the American Express Blue Business CashTM Card, we weigh ongoing rewards heaviest. We rate introductory rewards as slightly less important, but it’s still the second biggest factor. We also consider the annual fees, introductory and ongoing annual percentage rates (APRs), and additional features.
Highest Possible Score
American Express Blue Business CashTM Card Fees
- Introductory APR: 0% on purchases for the first 12 months
- Ongoing APR: 13.24% to 19.24% variable, which adjusts with the prime rate
- Annual fee: None
- Balance transfer fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount transferred, whichever is greater
- Foreign transaction fee: 2.7%
- Cash advance fee: Cash advances are not allowed
American Express Blue Business CashTM Card Rewards
- Earn a $250 statement credit after you make $3,000 in purchases on your Card in your first 3 months
- 2% cash back on all eligible purchases on up to $50,000 per calendar year
- 1% cash back on all other purchases in excess of $50,000 within the calendar year
American Express Blue Business CashTM Card Features
Buy Above Your Credit Limit
This American Express business credit card allows you to buy above your credit limit through the expanded buying power feature. However, the amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your card usage, payment history, credit record, financial resources, and other factors.
The American Express Blue Business CashTM Card offers purchase protection that covers new purchases from damage or theft for up to 90 days from the purchase date. This coverage is limited to $1,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per cardholder per year. Only items that were purchased using your American Express business credit card are eligible for this coverage.
Extended Warranty Protection
The American Express Blue Business CashTM Card provides extended warranty protection on original manufacturer’s warranties of up to five years. The issuer offers up to an additional year of coverage, which is limited to $10,000 per item. Perishable items, motorized vehicles, animals, living plants, business fixtures, real estate, and items purchased for inventory are excluded from this coverage.
Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
American Express car rental insurance protects you against damage to or theft of a rental vehicle, up to $75,000 per rental agreement. This protection only applies for the first 30 consecutive days of rental from a car rental company. Both the cardholder and any additional drivers permitted by the rental agreement are covered.
Global Assist Hotline
American Express Blue Business CashTM Card users can access the 24-hour global assist hotline when you travel more than 100 miles from home. This hotline can connect you to travel, emergency, medical, and legal assistance. The cardholders are responsible for any fees charged by third-party service providers.
American Express Blue Business CashTM Card Alternatives
Chase Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
Office-based businesses that want top cash back rewards
- Earn $750 bonus cash back after you spend $7,500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year
- Earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year. Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases
- With Fraud Protection your card transactions will be monitored for possible signs of fraudulent activity using real-time fraud monitoring.
- With Zero Liability you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your card or account information.
- No Annual Fee
- Redeem rewards for cash back, gift cards, travel and more through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
- Top rewards for office supply spending
- Introductory APR on purchases
- Cash sign-up bonus
- 0% APR doesn’t apply to balance transfers
- High balance transfer fee of 5%
- Designed mainly for office-oriented companies
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the United States and abroad.
- Purchase protection: Covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account per year.
- Extended warranty protection: Extends the time period of the US manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year on eligible warranties of 3 years or less.
Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business
Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business
Earning unlimited 2% cash back
- Introductory reward worth $500 after you spend $4,500 within the first three months
- 2% cash back on every purchase
- Issue employee cards for free
- No limit to the amount of rewards you can earn
- Lucrative welcome offer
- Lacks a 0% APR offer
- Annual fee is only waived for 12 months
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad.
- Purchase protection: Covers your new purchases for up to 90 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim.
Bank of America® Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard®
Bank of America® Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card
Up to 3% cash back in a spending category of your choice
9 billing cycles
- Get a $300 statement credit when you make at least $3,000 in net purchases within 90 days of your account opening - with no annual fee and cash rewards don't expire.
- Earn 3% cash back in the category of your choice, 2% cash back on dining and unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- You'll get 3% and 2% cash back on the first $50,000 in combined choice category/dining purchases each calendar year, 1% thereafter.
- 0% Introductory APR on purchases for your first 9 billing cycles.
- Redeem your cash rewards as a statement credit, check, or have cash deposited into a Bank of America® checking or savings account.
- Get 75% more cash back on every purchase when you're a Preferred Rewards for Business Platinum Honors tier member. That means you will earn 5.25% on your selected choice category, 3.5% on dining and unlimited 1.75% cash back on all other purchases.
- Statement credit introductory bonus offer
- Low ongoing APR
- Highest rewards are capped at $50,000 each year
- Earns top rewards in only one spending category
Bank of American does not disclose details of its additional card features. To find out more about these additional features, review your guide to benefits when you receive your card in the mail.
The American Express Blue Business CashTM Card is best for business owners who want a no annual fee card that offers fixed-rate cash back rewards on all purchases. Reviewing top business credit cards is an easy way to find another card if this one isn’t right for you.