American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
Best For: Earning 2% cash back every time you swipe and 0% introductory APR for 12 months
|Intro APR ?0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Credit Needed|
|0% on purchases||13.24% - 19.24% Variable||No annual fee||Good, Excellent|
The American Express Blue Business CashTM Card is designed for businesses that don’t want to track category rewards and prefer to receive cash back rewards as an automatic credit to their bill. This small business credit card also features expanded buying power, which allows you to spend beyond your credit limit and gives access to more credit for businesses that need it.
Who the American Express Blue Business CashTM Card is Right For
- Owners who don’t want to monitor category bonuses: The American Express Blue Business CashTM Card offers fixed-rate rewards for all eligible purchases, regardless of categories.
- Owners who prefer to redeem rewards as a statement credit: The cash back that you earned is automatically credited as a rebate to your statement.
- Owners who might exceed their credit limit: You can spend above your credit limit with its expanded buying power feature. Your buying power adjusts with your use of the card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources, and other factors.
- Owners who shop at Dell, DocuSign, or FedEx: This American Express card offers a unique introductory reward of up to $300 when you spend at Dell, DocuSign, or FedEx.
How We Evaluate Cash Back Business Credit Cards
When grading fixed-rate cash back business credit cards like the American Express Blue Business CashTM Card, we weigh ongoing rewards heaviest. We rate introductory rewards as slightly less important, but it’s still the second biggest factor. We also consider the annual fees, introductory and ongoing annual percentage rates (APRs), and additional features.
Highest Possible Score
American Express Blue Business CashTM Card Fees
- Introductory APR: 0% on purchases for the first 12 months
- Ongoing APR: 13.24% to 19.24% variable, which adjusts with the prime rate
- Annual fee: None
- Balance transfer fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount transferred, whichever is greater
- Foreign transaction fee: 2.7%
- Cash advance fee: Cash advances are not allowed
American Express Blue Business CashTM Card Rewards
- 2% cash back on all eligible purchases on up to $50,000 per calendar year
- 1% cash back on all other purchases in excess of $50,000 within the calendar year
Welcome offer: Earn up to $100 cash back in the form of statement credits at each of the following merchants: Dell, DocuSign, or FedEx; however, you need to make an eligible purchase on your new card within the first three months of card membership
American Express Blue Business CashTM Card Features
Buy Above Your Credit Limit
This American Express business credit card allows you to buy above your credit limit through the expanded buying power feature. However, the amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your card usage, payment history, credit record, financial resources, and other factors.
The American Express Blue Business CashTM Card offers purchase protection that covers new purchases from damage or theft for up to 90 days from the purchase date. This coverage is limited to $1,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per cardholder per year. Only items that were purchased using your American Express business credit card are eligible for this coverage.
Extended Warranty Protection
The American Express Blue Business CashTM Card provides extended warranty protection on original manufacturer’s warranties of up to five years. The issuer offers up to an additional year of coverage, which is limited to $10,000 per item. Perishable items, motorized vehicles, animals, living plants, business fixtures, real estate, and items purchased for inventory are excluded from this coverage.
Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
American Express car rental insurance protects you against damage to or theft of a rental vehicle, up to $75,000 per rental agreement. This protection only applies for the first 30 consecutive days of rental from a car rental company. Both the cardholder and any additional drivers permitted by the rental agreement are covered.
Global Assist Hotline
American Express Blue Business CashTM Card users can access the 24-hour global assist hotline when you travel more than 100 miles from home. This hotline can connect you to travel, emergency, medical, and legal assistance. The cardholders are responsible for any fees charged by third-party service providers.
American Express Blue Business CashTM Card Alternatives
Chase Ink Business CashSM Credit Card
Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card
Best For: Office-based businesses that want top cash back rewards
|Intro APR ?0% APR for 12 months on purchases||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Credit Needed|
|0% Intro APR on Purchases||13.24% - 19.24% Variable||$0||Good - Excellent|
Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business
Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business
Best For: Earning unlimited 2% cash back
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Credit Needed|
|N/A||20.99% (Variable)||$0 intro for first year; $95 after that||Excellent, Good|
Bank of America® Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard®
Bank of America® Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card
Best For: Up to 3% cash back in a spending category of your choice
|Intro APR ?0% APR for nine billing cycles on purchases||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Credit Needed|
9 billing cycles
|12.24% - 22.24% Variable APR on purchases||$0.00||Excellent|
The American Express Blue Business CashTM Card is best for business owners who want a no annual fee card that offers fixed-rate cash back rewards on all purchases. Reviewing top business credit cards is an easy way to find another card if this one isn’t right for you.