The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
Pocketing 2x points per $1 and 0% introductory APR for 12 months
- Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners. 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter.
- You’ve got the power to use your Card beyond its credit limit* with Expanded Buying Power.
- *The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to American Express, and other factors.
- 0.0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 13.24% - 19.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors at account opening.
- No Annual Fee
- Terms Apply
- 0% APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfer
- Earn 2x points on all spending
- No lucrative welcome offer
- 2x points rewards are capped at $50,000 in spending
- Extended warranty protection: American Express will match the length of the original manufacturer’s warranty if it’s less than 2 years. It provides an additional 2 years if the original manufacturer’s warranty is between 2 and 5 years. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per account each year.
- Purchase protection: The issuer will repair, replace, or reimburse you for an item purchased with the card that was damaged or stolen within 120 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $1,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per account each year.
American Express Blue Business® Plus is an excellent low-interest credit card that’s best for businesses that spend less than $50,000 per year. This small business credit card offers points-based rewards on all purchases, with no category restrictions. It also comes with several features, including travel insurance, purchase protection, and account management tools.
Who the American Express Blue Business® Plus Credit Card Is Right For
- Owners who prefer a no annual fee card and have less than $50,000 annual expenses: The American Express Blue Business® Plus Credit Card offers two points on the first $50,000 in purchases each year, and one point on all purchases thereafter.
- Owners who are planning to make a large purchase: The American Express Blue Business® Plus Credit Card offers a 0% annual percentage rate (APR) introductory period for the first 12 months with no annual fee, making it a great option for those who need to make a large purchase.
How We Evaluate Low-interest Business Credit Cards
When grading a low-interest credit card like the American Express Blue Business® Plus credit card, we weigh the introductory and ongoing APR as the most important criteria. We also consider the card’s additional features, ongoing rewards, and introductory rewards.
American Express Blue Business® Plus Credit Card Fees
- Introductory APR: 0% on purchases for the first 12 months
- Ongoing APR: 13.24% to 19.24% variable, which adjusts with the prime rate
- Annual fee: None
- Balance transfer fee: $5, or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Foreign transaction fee: 2.7% of each transaction after conversion to US dollars
- Cash advance fee: Cash advances are not allowed
American Express Blue Business® Plus Credit Card Rewards
- Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership
- 2x points on the first $50,000 in purchases each year
- 1x point on all purchases thereafter
American Express Blue Business® Plus Credit Card Features
Items purchased using the American Express Blue Business® Plus credit card are covered in case they are damaged or stolen within 120 days from the date of purchase and 90 days for New York residents. American Express will reimburse you for the amount charged to your eligible card, up to $1,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardmember per year. Perishable items, motorized vehicles, tickets, leased items, medical equipment, and permanent fixtures are few of the items that are not covered.
American Express provides a 24-hour roadside assistance hotline that can send roadside services to help in an emergency situation, such as towing, winching, jump starts, tire changes, gas delivery, and lockout services. Cardmembers will be charged for the costs of any services or goods that are not covered. The roadside assistance hotline does not cover rental vehicles, taxis, unlicensed vehicles, and tractors and trucks that weigh more than 10,000 pounds.
Extended Warranty Protection
American Express provides cardholders with an extended warranty for items with original manufacturer warranties that are less than five years. It will match the warranty length for items with original warranties that are less than two years and provide an additional two years if the original warranty is between two and five years. This coverage is limited to $10,000 per claim and can’t exceed $50,000 per cardmember account per year.
Travel Accident Insurance
American Express provides travel accident coverage up to $100,000 if you die or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing. Travels are eligible if the entire travel fare has been charged to your American Express credit card. Instances that are not covered include self-inflicted injuries, certain ailments, physical or mental infirmity, and injuries received during or as a result of commuting.
Baggage Insurance Plan
American Express provides coverage up to $1,250 for the replacement cost of baggage while in direct transit from a terminal or for a carry-on item, and up to $500 for each covered person’s checked baggage. It will also cover up to $250 for high-risk items. The trip must be entirely paid using your American Express Blue Business® Plus credit card to be eligible.
Car Rental Loss & Damage Insurance
Car rental loss and damage insurance of up to $50,000 per rental agreement is provided for the first 30 days of a vehicle rental that is rented from a car rental company. Confiscation by authority, manufacturing defects, intentional damage by an authorized driver, wear and tear, theft of or damage to tires, and damage due to freezing are not included with the coverage.
Account Management Tools
The American Express Blue Business® Plus credit card comes with three account management tools to help account holders and cardmembers manage their accounts. The American Express® Business App allows you to manage your account and transactions. The American Express® Business mobile app helps with expense reporting and control employee spending. The Connect to QuickBooks tool will automatically transfer your transaction data to your QuickBooks account.
American Express Blue Business® Plus Credit Card Alternatives
Chase Ink Business Preferred®
BEST FOR Maximizing travel rewards at a lower annual fee
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Maximizing travel rewards at a lower annual fee
Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard®
Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card
Earning top rewards on travel purchases booked through Bank of America
9 billing cycles
- Earn 30,000 bonus points when you make at least $3,000 in net purchases within 90 days of your account opening which can be redeemed for a $300 statement credit towards travel purchases.
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points for every $1 spent on all purchases everywhere, every time-no matter how much you spend. Points don't expire.
- Earn 3 points per every dollar spent on travel purchases (car, hotel, airline) booked through the Bank of America® Travel Center.
- No annual fee and no international transaction fees.
- 0% Introductory APR on purchases for your first 9 billing cycles.
- Redeem points for travel with no blackout dates, cash back or gift cards.
- Get 75% more points on the base earn of every purchase you make when you’re a Preferred Rewards for Business Platinum Honors tier member. That means you will earn 2.62 points for every $1 you spend and 4.12 points per every $1 you spend at the Bank of America® Travel Center.
- 3x points on travel
- 0% APR on purchases
- No blackout dates on travel
- Low ongoing rewards on non-travel
- Low introductory bonus
- No 0% APR on balance transfers
Bank of American does not disclose details of its additional card features. To find out more about these additional features, review your guide to benefits when you receive your card in the mail.
U.S Bank Business Select Rewards Card
U.S. Bank Business Select Rewards Card
Earning points rewards in your choice in category spending
- Earn 20,000 bonus points after you spend $1000 in eligible net purchases during the first 90 days after opening your account
- Earn 3 points per dollar on eligible net purchases in one category of your choice: Day-to-Day Expenses, Automobile or Travel & Entertainment
- Earn 1 point per dollar on other eligible net purchases
- No cap on total points you can earn
- No annual fee*
- Net purchases are purchases minus credits and returns
- Variable APR currently at 11.99% - 22.99%* Variable
- Bonus category rewards on everyday business expenses
- Interest-free financing period
- Sign-up bonus offer
- Earns top rate in only one spending category
- Rewards expire after five years
- Points are non-transferrable
- Card Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver: Waive the rental car merchant’s insurance and you’ll be covered in the event the rental vehicle is damaged or stolen, up to the vehicle’s value.
- Purchase Protection: U.S. Bank will repair or reimburse you for items that were damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.
- Extended Warranty Protection: Get double the warranty protection on manufacturer’s warranties of three years or less.
- Travel and Emergency Services: Access to 24-hour emergency, medical, travel, and legal assistance.
The American Express Blue Business® Plus credit card is best for business owners who plan to make a large purchase to take advantage of the 0% introductory APR for the first 12 months. This low-interest, points-based rewards credit card is also an excellent option for businesses with annual expenses that don’t exceed $50,000. Visit our credit card marketplace to see a list of other business credit cards that may be a better fit for your business.