While QuickBooks Online can help trucking businesses handle their accounting processes, it lacks specialized trucking features, such as load management, route optimization, real-time location tracking, and international fuel tax agreement (IFTA) reporting. That said, trucking businesses already using or planning to use QuickBooks Online can enhance their operations by integrating it with dedicated trucking software.
Here are our top six QuickBooks trucking integrations, each catering to specific areas of the trucking business:
- RAMA Logistics Software: Best overall QuickBooks Online trucking integration
- Toro TMS: Best QuickBooks trucking integration for real-time tracking
- TruckingOffice: Best QuickBooks trucking integration for route optimization
- Dr Dispatch: Best QuickBooks trucking integration for driver payment calculation
- drayOS by PortPro: Best QuickBooks trucking integration for drayage operation management
- Track-POD: Best QuickBooks trucking integration for last-mile logistics
Not using QuickBooks Online yet? Trucking businesses interested in the program can either sign up for the free 30-day trial or subscribe immediately to get a 50% discount for three months.
Best QuickBooks Online Trucking Software Integrations At a Glance
As our overall best small business accounting software, QuickBooks Online can support the accounting needs of different types of industries, including trucking companies. However, it lacks niche-specific features—encouraging many users to integrate it with specialized business software. If you are still undecided about whether QuickBooks Online is right for you, check out our QuickBooks Online review.
RAMA Logistics Software: Best Overall QuickBooks Trucking Software Integration
- No fleet management features
- Doesn’t support IFTA reporting
- No centralized customer management database
Prices are listed on the provider’s website, but according to the QuickBooks integration page, it offers two plans:
- Basic: $45 per month for one user
- Complete: $80 per month for eight users
You can sign up for a 30-day free trial without providing your credit card information.
Apart from being our top-recommended trucking accounting software, we hailed RAMA Software Logistics (RSL) as the best trucking solution that integrates with QuickBooks Online. You can purchase and set up RSL directly from within QuickBooks—meaning you can easily integrate it into your system without complex installations or third-party connectors.
With a single click of the Launch button in QuickBooks, you can quickly navigate to the RSL dashboard without having to open separate browser windows or navigate to external websites.
From your RSL dashboard, you can easily sync essential information with QuickBooks, such as your customer list, carrier details (treated as vendor list in QuickBooks), and driver settlement data (recorded as bills in QuickBooks). This integration makes it easy to send invoices to your customers, process payments to drivers, and track customer details and interactions.
We like RSL’s one-click data sync with QuickBooks Online. For instance, once you complete a load in RSL, reopen the entry form and click the Update QuickBooks button. QuickBooks will then automatically create a draft invoice based on the load details sourced from RSL.
RSL isn’t the most sophisticated among the trucking software we reviewed—but it covers many of the core features needed by most freight brokers, third-party logistics providers (3PLs), and logistics companies. These include load management, dispatch management, and driver and carrier maintenance.
Toro TMS: Best for Real-time Vehicle Location Tracking
- Pricing details are not publicly disclosed
- Unable to generate invoices from scratch
- Sophisticated; may take time to learn
- No free trial
The provider doesn’t publish pricing information on its website. We recommend contacting Toro TMS directly to request pricing details or a customized quote.
Toro TMS’ integrated maps with real-time location tracking make it ideal for trucking companies handling expedited deliveries or time-sensitive cargo, such as medical supplies. It provides dynamic maps that enable dispatchers and managers to monitor the live location of their drivers and vehicles—helping them provide an accurate estimated time of arrival (ETA) to customers.
Additionally, Toro TMS integrates with ELDs, such as KeepTruckin and Samsara, so managers and dispatchers can track important driver activities, such as driving time and rest breaks. This allows them to monitor when exactly a driver arrives at a pickup location, departs from the location, and delivers the load.
Just like RAMA Logistics Software, Toro TMS provides a one-click data syncing capability with QuickBooks Online. You simply need to click on the Sync to QuickBooks button, and your Toro TMS data, such as invoices and driver settlement information, will be recorded to QuickBooks Online. However, unlike RAMA Logistics Software, you have to set up the integration from the Toro TMS platform.
TruckingOffice: Best for Route Optimization
- Premium routing requires an additional fee
- Unable to create invoices from scratch
- Lacks phone support
- No payroll management features
- Basic: $20 to $45 per month; intended for full truckload (FTL) hauling
- Pro: $30 to $110 per month; designed for FTL and less than truckload (LTL) hauling
You can try any of the plans for free for 30 days with no credit card information required.
We recommend TruckingOffice for trucking companies requiring excellent route planning capabilities. It offers an integrated premium routing add-on through PC*MILER—the industry standard for routing solutions.
This feature helps truckers calculate mileage, track driving directions, and automatically plan street-level routes and allows drivers to efficiently plan their trips by considering critical factors such as traffic conditions, load specifications, and any last-minute scheduling changes. Also, since drivers have access to real-time data, they can easily avoid congested areas and road closures—helping them make timely trip adjustments.
Meanwhile, the integration between TruckingOffice and QuickBooks enables you to sync essential data, including invoices and expenses, such as fuel purchases, tolls, maintenance bills, and office supplies. From the “invoice” or “expense” screen in TruckingOffice, locate the QuickBooks connector button, and the transaction will be recorded automatically in QuickBooks Online.
Dr Dispatch: Best for Driver Payment Calculation
- Can’t calculate and file payroll taxes
- No HR management tools
- Pricing information is undisclosed
Dr Dispatch has no published pricing information, but third-party sources indicate that prices start at $99 per user, per month. To obtain pricing, fill out the quote request form on its website.
While QuickBooks Payroll offers standard hourly or salary-based calculations for QuickBooks Online users, trucking companies often require payroll calculations based on miles driven and loads delivered. Dr Dispatch integrates with QuickBooks Online to help you calculate driver wages based on the said factors and any additional pay elements like bonuses or per diems.
It also has specialized features for managing driver settlements and tracking driver expenses, including fuel costs, meals, and lodging. These make it easy for employers and managers to calculate driver earnings, deductions, and reimbursements and process load-based deductions, such as insurance or maintenance costs.
Once the driver settlement accounts are calculated and finalized in Dr Dispatch, the system provides an easy option to export your data directly to QuickBooks Online. When the data is exported to QuickBooks, you can find it in the appropriate accounts or categories. The driver settlements exported into QuickBooks can then be used for processing driver payroll.
drayOS: Best for Drayage Operation Management
- Doesn’t offer a free trial
- Focused on drayage operations; not suitable for long-haul trucking
- Integration disconnects every 100 days
The provider’s website shows that there are two available products: drayOS and drayOS Track. Unfortunately, no pricing information is provided, so you need to contact PortPro directly if you’re interested in its products. You may also request a demo to see how it works before buying.
drayOS by PortPro, built by Axl Technologies, is a transportation management system (TMS) that is dedicated to drayage operations or those involving short-distance transportation of goods. It offers a range of features tailored to the unique needs of drayage carriers, such as container tracking, real-time dispatch tracking, and automatic terminal appointment bookkeeping.
When you upgrade to drayOS Track, the advanced version of drayOS, you’ll be able to track each container’s progress to ensure that they are on the right route and are delivered on time. Additionally, drayOS includes a per-diem auditing feature, which allows you to calculate and verify per-diem payments for drayage drivers. This is particularly useful if your drivers deal with multiple short-distance trips.
drayOS enables you to create and manage invoices for your trucking business within the platform. Once the invoice details are finalized in drayOS, they can be pushed to QuickBooks Online. The integration between QuickBooks and drayOS also ensures that all customer-related information, as well as payment details, are accurately recorded in QuickBooks.
Track-POD: Best for Last-mile Delivery Management
- Live tracking and route planning are available only in the higher-tiered plans
- No IFTA reporting features
- Can’t support long-haul or complex transportation operations.
- Per driver: $29 to $69 per driver, per month or custom priced
- Per order: $285 per 1,500 orders to $1,440 per month for 12,000 orders
Track-POD offers a seven-day free trial with no credit card information required.
Track-POD offers specialized features designed to optimize the final leg of the delivery process, including real-time container tracking, route optimization, and customizable electronic proof of delivery (ePOD). Its customizable POD feature allows you to create delivery confirmation documents based on your specific needs. Also, the system allows your drivers to capture images of delivered goods or completed services that you can send to your customer.
With the integration between Track-POD and QuickBooks Online, you can upload PDF copies of your PODs to your QuickBooks invoices. This way, you can provide your customers a proof of successful delivery against the invoice—helping you avoid disputes and billing discrepancies.
How To Choose the Best Trucking Software That Integrates With QuickBooks
When finding the best QuickBooks Online trucking software integration for your business, consider the following:
- Ease of integration: Look for a trucking software integration that is easy to set up—meaning there’s no need for complex technical setup or third-party connectors.
- Desired trucking Features: Identify which specific features or areas of trucking management you want to automate or improve, whether it’s load management, real-time tracking, or route optimization.
- Integration capabilities: Ideally, a trucking software integration should allow for two-way data transfer—meaning data can flow back and forth between the trucking software and QuickBooks. Also, know what type of data it can sync, such as order and load information, carriers, invoices, and driver settlements.
- Scalability: Determine whether the integrated software can handle growing requirements without the need for costly upgrades.
- Security: Ensure the trucking software integration implements robust encryption, access controls, and authentication measures to keep your sensitive data secure.
- Customer support and training: While QuickBooks itself is known for its excellent customer support across its products, it’s essential that the trucking integration provider also provides high-quality support. This is extremely important, especially if you’re looking to integrate sophisticated software with many advanced features.
- Reviews: Read online reviews or testimonials from other trucking companies to gain insights into the reliability of your prospective integrated solution. In our dedicated reviews of the software above, you’ll find a customer feedback section, which should give you an idea of what end-users are saying about the solutions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The best trucking software that integrates with QuickBooks greatly depends on what particular trucking features you prioritize. For instance, if you want a straightforward load management solution, RAMA Logistics Software is great. If you are focused on real-time tracking, consider Toro TMS.
While QuickBooks takes care of your accounting, the integrated trucking software helps you streamline operational processes, such as load management, dispatching, and route and driver management.
It depends on the complexity of the integrated software and the setup process. While some integrations are easy to set up and use, more advanced solutions require training to fully understand the integrated features.
Overall, there is no one-size-fits-all QuickBooks integration for trucking businesses. The best integration depends on several factors, such as your specific goals and operational complexity. Some trucking businesses may require a simple solution for load management, such as RAMA Logistics Software, whereas others may need a more comprehensive integration that includes ELD compliance, integrated maps, and GPS tracking. Additionally, some might be interested in scaled-down options, such as integrations for last-mile delivery or drayage operations.