The Capital One® Spark® Cash Select Excellent Credit card offers unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases, with no annual fees. This small business credit card is best for businesses that have excellent credit, prefer a low ongoing annual percentage rate (APR), and want to earn fixed-rate cash back rewards, regardless of spending categories.
Spark 1.5% Cash Select – Excellent Credit
Businesses with excellent credit that want a lower ongoing APR
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back for your business on every purchase, everywhere, no limits or category restrictions.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus once you spend $4,500 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
- Enjoy a $0 annual fee in addition to the big rewards and cash bonus you can earn.
- No annual fee
- $500 sign-up bonus when you spend $4,500 within three months
- No 0% intro APR
- Requires excellent credit
- $0 foreign transaction fee: No foreign transaction fees on purchases made outside of the United States
- $0 fraud liability: Advance emergency replacement for lost and stolen card plus cash advance
- Roadside assistance: Emergency services such as jump-starting, tire changing, and towing
How We Evaluate Cash Back Rewards Business Credit Cards
When grading fixed-rate cash back business credit cards like Capital One® Spark® Cash Select Excellent Credit, we weigh ongoing rewards first, with introductory rewards being the second biggest factor. We also take into account the annual fee, introductory and ongoing annual percentage rates (APRs), and additional features.
Highest Possible Score
Who Capital One® Spark® Cash Select Excellent Credit is Best For
- Business owners who prefer a fixed-rate rewards card without an annual fee: Capital One® Spark® Cash Select Excellent Credit offers unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, with no annual fees. This is an excellent option for businesses that have expenses in several categories.
- Business owners with excellent credit: This Capital One® business credit card is best for owners with excellent credit. It offers an ongoing APR of 13.24% to 19.24%, which is much lower compared to the Capital One® Spark® Cash Select Good Credit card.
Capital One® Spark® Cash Select Excellent Credit Fees
- Introductory APR: None
- Ongoing APR: 13.24% to 19.24% variable, which will adjust with the prime rate
- Annual fee: None
- Balance transfer fee: None
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Cash advance fee: 3% of the advance or $10, whichever is greater—cash advance APR is 26.99%
Capital One® Spark® Cash Select Excellent Credit Rewards
- Unlimited 1.5% fixed-rate cash back on all purchases
- Welcome offer: $500 cash bonus when you spend at least $4,500 on purchases within the first three months of opening an account
You can redeem your cash back upon request as either a statement credit or a check. You can also set up an automatic redemption preference at a set time each calendar year or when a threshold has been reached. In addition, your rewards may be applied to a recent transaction made on your Capital One business credit card or redeemed for gift cards you can use at restaurants, retailers, or hotels. You can get cash back rewards for any amount at any time with no expiration date as long as the account is active.
Capital One® Spark® Cash Select Excellent Credit Additional Features
Extended Warranty Protection
Capital One will extend the original manufacturer’s warranty up to one additional year for warranties of three years or less. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder. Some items, such as medical equipment, real estate, motorized vehicles, computer software, leased items, and items for resale, are not covered.
Travel & Roadside Assistance
With Capital One® Spark® Cash Select Excellent Credit, you’ll enjoy travel-related emergency services, such as ticket replacement, referrals to legal or medical assistance, roadside jump-starting, tire changing, and towing.
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
Capital One provides an auto rental collision damage waiver in case of damage due to collision or theft for rentals of 31 consecutive days or less. The coverage is primary if the car rental is for business purposes. This means you won’t need to use your personal insurance or accept the rental company’s insurance. Capital One may reimburse you up to the cash value of the car.
Card Lock & Security Alerts
Capital One allows you to lock your card or an employee’s card if it has been misplaced, lost, or stolen. Capital One will send an email or text message alert if the bank detects potentially fraudulent activity, suspicious transactions, or unexpected charges on your account.
Pros & Cons Explained
Pros of Capital One® Spark® Cash Select Excellent Credit
- No annual fee: Capital One® Spark® Cash Select Excellent Credit does not charge annual fees, but it allows you to earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all business-related purchases.
- $500 sign-up bonus: You can earn a cash bonus of $500 after spending $4,500 on purchases within the first three months after opening an account.
Cons of Capital One® Spark® Cash Select Excellent Credit
- No 0% introductory APR: This small business credit card does not offer a 0% introductory APR. This may not be an issue if you pay your balance in full, but this may be a disadvantage if you need to make a big purchase.
- Requires excellent credit: You need to have excellent credit to qualify for this card. Business owners with lower-than-excellent credit scores should consider other business credit card options.
Capital One® Spark® Cash Select Excellent Credit Alternatives
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards World EliteTM MasterCard®
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards World Elite™ MasterCard® offers a 0% introductory APR for 15 billing cycles and a welcome bonus of $500. This is a good alternative if you are planning to make a big purchase—if you pay it off within 15 billing cycles, you’ll pay no interest.
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards Visa®
0% APR for 15 Billing Cycles
- Introducing the U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards World Elite™ Mastercard® the card that gives back on all your eligible business needs.
- Limited time offer: Earn $500 in cash back. Just spend $4,500 on the Account Owner's card in the first 150 days of opening your account.
- Earn 3% cash back on eligible purchases at gas stations, office supply stores, cellphone service providers. and restaurants.
- 1% cash back on all other eligible net purchases.
- No limit on total cash back earned.
- Rewards never expire
- Earn an annual $100 statement credit for recurring software subscription expenses like FreshBooks or QuickBooks.
- 0% Intro APR on purchase and balance transfers for 15 billing cycles. After that, a variable APR that is currently 13.99% to 22.99%.
- No annual fee.
- Great Offer from U.S. Bank, a 2021 World's Most Ethical Company® - Ethisphere Institute, February 2021.
- 0% APR applies to both purchases and balance transfers
- Unlimited cash back rewards
- No annual fee
- Balance transfer fee is charged even during the introductory period
- Intro APR does not apply to cash advances
- MasterRental car rental collision damage waiver: When you rent a car using your U.S. Bank credit card, you’re covered in case of accident or theft on all rentals made worldwide. Coverage is primary, which means you won’t need to use your personal auto insurance or accept the insurance offered by the rental agency. Coverage is capped at $50,000.
- Purchase assurance: U.S. Bank may repair or reimburse for items purchased with your U.S. Bank business credit card that are damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $1,000 per loss, up to $25,000 per year per account. Lost items and items left out of reach that others can see are not covered.
- Extended warranty protection: U.S. Bank will double the manufacturer’s warranty up to an additional 1 year from the expiration of warranties of 5 years or less. An item with a 6-month warranty would be backed for an additional 6 months, for example. The issuer will replace the item or reimburse you up to the amount charged on your U.S. Bank card up to $10,000.
American Express Business Platinum Card®
The American Express Business Platinum Card® is a good alternative for businesses that can pay their full balance every month. This is also an excellent option for business owners who travel frequently. It offers 5x membership rewards points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com, offers 1x points on all other purchases, and provides luxury travel perks like airport lounge access.
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Gaining access to unrivaled travel rewards and luxury travel perks like airport lounge access
- Welcome Offer: Earn 120,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, 0% Intro APR for 12 months from the date of the account opening on purchases eligible for Pay Over Time. After that, your APR will be 14.24% to 22.24% based on your credit worthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Earn 1.5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible purchases in key business categories, as well as on purchases of $5,000 or more everywhere else. Cap applies.
- Unlock over $1,000 in value per year for statement credits on select purchases with your Card, including up to $400 with Dell Technologies, up to $360 with Indeed, up to $150 with Adobe and up to $120 on wireless telephone purchases. Enrollment required.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year toward baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- Access to more than 1,300 airport lounges across 140 countries and counting with The American Express Global Lounge Collection®. More lounge options than any other credit card on the market as of 8/2020.
- $595 Annual Fee ($695 if application is received on or after 01/13/2022).
- Terms Apply.
- Free access to more than 1,300 airport lounges worldwide
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® membership fee reimbursements
- Balance is due in full monthly
- Steep $595 annual fee
- American Express lounges: Free access to American Express’ network of Centurion lounges located in slightly less than a dozen US airports.
- Other airport lounges: Priority Pass Select membership, which gets you free access to more than 1,300 lounges worldwide for you and two guests.
- Airport screening: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry every 4 years or $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every 4 1/2 years.
- Travel credit: Up to $200 annual statement credit toward air travel expenses like baggage fees and inflight food and drink.
- Rental status: Elite status at a number of car rental agencies.
- Free Wi-Fi: 10 annual free Gogo inflight Wi-Fi passes.
- Rebate for redeemed points: 35% points rebate if you book a business or first-class flight, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Dell statement credit: Up to $400 in statement credits annually for Dell purchases.
Chase Ink Business CashSM Credit Card
Chase Ink Business Cash is an excellent option for businesses that regularly buy office supplies and pay for internet, cable, and phone services. Chase Ink Business Cash offers 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in these categories each account anniversary year.
Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card
Office-based businesses that want top cash back rewards
- Earn $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year
- Earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year
- Earn 1% cash back on all other card purchases with no limit to the amount you can earn
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- No Annual Fee
Note: The information related to the ChaseInk Business Cash℠ Credit Card Card has been collected by fitsmallbusiness.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.
- Top rewards for office supply spending
- Introductory APR on purchases
- Cash sign-up bonus
- 0% APR doesn’t apply to balance transfers
- High balance transfer fee of 5%
- Designed mainly for office-oriented companies
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad.
- Purchase protection: Covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account per year.
- Extended warranty protection: Extends the time period of the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year on eligible warranties of three years or less.
Capital One® Spark® Cash Select Excellent Credit is best for business owners who want a card that offers fixed-rate cash back rewards with no annual fee. You must have an excellent credit score to qualify for this card. Check out our list of top credit cards to find others that may suit you better.