ChartHop Review: Pricing, Features & Alternative
ChartHop is an HR management software that handles people analytics, org chart building, and headcount planning. Best for those that handle large amounts of data and small businesses that need an org chart, it can help businesses better understand and manage their workforce. It also has robust integrations with a wide range of software—from human resources information systems (HRIS) to investment management platforms.
ChartHop has a free version for up to 150 employees, and its paid version starts at $8/person monthly. However, take note that it has minimum spend requirements and implementation fees for its paid plans.
- Free plan
- Intuitive UI
- Wide range of integrations
- Downloadable org charts
- Access controls
- Free plan is limited to 150 employees
- Minimum annual contract requirements
- Setup requires a level of technical expertise
- Free plan has the basic features SMBs need, such as org chart creation, employee profile management, and payroll integration
- Connects to the most used HRM, ATS, and payroll apps
- Powerful data protection features
- Capacity to handle large amounts of people data
What We Recommend ChartHop For
- Businesses handling large amounts of data: ChartHop provides powerful data analysis tools, such as customizable dashboards to track HR metrics, heat maps, and charts. Users can also easily share insights with colleagues using customizable reports for performance reviews, employee demographics, compensation trends, and more.
- Small businesses primarily looking for an org chart: Free for businesses with up to 150 employees, it provides a simple, easy-to-use platform that allows businesses to quickly and efficiently create an organizational chart.
- Companies with remote employees. This software provides a comprehensive platform that allows managers to easily manage employees, track their performance, and collaborate with remote teams. It also allows for easy communication between remote employees and managers, making it easier to stay connected and productive.
- Fast-growing companies looking to improve their business processes: Its platform allows users to quickly and easily create organizational charts, track employee data, and manage team structures. Its powerful analytics and reporting tools enable businesses to gain valuable insights into their organization’s performance and progress. It also helps them streamline their HR processes and workflows to improve efficiency.
When ChartHop Would Not Be a Good Fit
- Companies not used to handling large volumes of people data: ChartHop has a wide range of features and tools to manage organizational hierarchies and business processes. As such, it requires a certain level of technical expertise to make the most of its features, which may be difficult for businesses that are not used to dealing with people data. If you want a more straightforward HR solution, 15Five has features that require little or zero tech knowledge.
- Slow-growth SMBs: ChartHop’s features, such as its reporting capabilities, automated org chart updates, and automated job descriptions, could be an overkill for the needs of slow-growth businesses. Instead, an alternative solution like Lattice, which offers simpler performance management and employee engagement tools for a lesser price, can be more appropriate.
- Flat organizations: Businesses with few or no middle managers, where employees directly communicate with top leadership, can benefit more from Lucidchart because it has features that can help them with various tasks, such as brainstorming, flowcharting, and more. When they evolve and need an org chart, Lucidchart has also an org chart feature that contains basic functionalities like visual organization, employee profiles, and search directory.
Small teams, microbusinesses, and flat organizations
Slow growth businesses
Businesses focused on performance management
$7.95/month; also has a free version
$8/person per month
$4/per user per month
ChartHop has three pricing levels—Basic, Standard, and Premium. ChartHop Basic is free for businesses with up to 150 employees. If you exceed that number, ChartHop charges $2 for every additional employee. The Standard plan is $8 per employee with optional module add-ons for an extra price that starts at $2 per employee. Meanwhile, the Premium plan charges $16 per employee.
Additionally, ChartHop requires a minimum annual contract and a one-time implementation fee for its Standard and Premium plans. The Standard plan’s minimum is $12,000 while the Premium plan’s minimum is $19,200.
While the Standard and Premium plans are expensive for SMBs, the Basic plan is a good deal, especially if you are primarily looking for an org chart builder. The Basic plan already includes an employee dashboard, filterable search features, a data sheet, SSO, and a map. It also integrates with popular payroll software, as well as Slack and Carta, among others.
Starter Monthly Fees
up to 150 employees; $2/employee for each employee above 150
Organizational Chart w/ Filters
Primary Payroll Integration
User-based Access Controls
Add-on for $4
Add-on for $2
Add-on for $2
Add-on for $2
ChartHop’s features are designed to help businesses manage and support their employees effectively, improve their organizational health, promote accountability, and increase productivity by using data-driven insights.
Organizational chart creation and management is one of ChartHop’s core features. It primarily provides a visual representation of a company and other functions. It can also be used for tracking headcount and metrics, mapping relationship and reporting lines, facilitating communication and collaboration, and more.
When you sync other HR systems with ChartHop, you can access this data in ChartHop’s Reporting section. You can view pre-built reports, headcounts, diversity, compensation, and more. It also allows you to compare performance ratings by department, compensation, and all other types of people data in one system.
Headcount planning can be a headache, but this ChartHop feature helps organizations forecast and plan their headcount. It uses data-driven insights and collaboration tools to accurately predict headcount and staffing needs based on company goals, past performance, and other relevant factors. The feature allows for adjustments and scenarios to be made and provides real-time updates.
Compensation cycles can be exhausting since managers and department heads need specific data. But with ChartHop, all your people data, be it equity, last raise amount, or tenure, are all found in one system. It contains smart eligibility rules to set criteria for raises and promotions, as well as guidelines and benchmarks to ensure fair and consistent pay. It also consolidates proposals and makes sure that all employees are receiving the appropriate compensation for their work.
It collects and centralizes data from various sources, such as performance reviews, goal tracking, and feedback surveys, into a single platform. This data is then used to generate insights, reports, and visualizations that help managers and HR teams make informed decisions about employee performance, development, and compensation.
For remote and hybrid teams, the Global Map feature allows employees to see where their colleagues are based. This helps foster stronger connections and encourages in-person gatherings with those nearby.
The best thing about ChartHop is it has a wide range of software integrations available, from HR and payroll solutions (including HRIS and ATS) to equity management and investment platforms. This enables organizations to streamline their performance management process and make data-driven decisions quickly and efficiently. The integration of multiple systems also eliminates manual data entry and reduces the risk of errors.
Below are some software integrations with ChartHop:
- ADP Workforce Now
- Workday HCM
- SAP Successfactors XCM
- GRC and Security Assurance Cloud
ChartHop Ease of Use
- Real-time updates
- Employee self-service tools
- Dedicated customer support
- 40+ integration options
- 24/7 live chat support
Once you sync ChartHop with your HRIS, ATS, and other systems, it updates the data automatically. Whatever changes you make appear on ChartHop in real time. It saves you the time and effort of going back and forth.
It also has employee self-service tools that enhance the employee experience and help them become more productive and efficient. These display tasks the employees need to complete, new roles that are open, and milestones to celebrate.
ChartHop also provides dedicated customer support that can be contacted through different channels like 24/7 live chat or phone. Take note, however, that this is only available with the Standard and Premium plans.
What Users Think About ChartHop
|What Users Like||What Users Don’t Like|
|Org chart provides a great way to visualize people data||It’s not easy to make changes|
|Tracking employee goals and progress is easier||Requires a bit of technical expertise|
|Easy to find who to ask for help||Number of features can be overwhelming|
We analyzed different ChartHop reviews online, and the features that users liked the most are its robust organizational chart, powerful data management and analytics, and tracking capabilities. Some also love how ChartHop’s security features protect the most sensitive data.
On the other hand, some users commented that ChartHop’s functions need fine-tuning. For example, it doesn’t have an auto-save feature, and some features require a higher level of technical knowledge.
- G2: 4.2 out 5 based on about 95 reviews
- Capterra: 4.6 out of 5 based on 60+ reviews
It’s interesting to note that users have different opinions as to the type of business that will benefit most from ChartHop. Some say it’s good for midsize businesses, while others suggest it will work best for large organizations.
I think that while ChartHop fits any size, it depends on what your business needs. For example, SMBs primarily looking for an org chart that will help them track employee data and foster employee engagement can benefit from the ChartHop’s Basic plan. On the other hand, larger organizations that want to keep their people data in one place can subscribe to the advanced plans.
ChartHop is a feature-rich HR analytics and employee management software ideal for midsize businesses and large organizations. However, small businesses that want to visualize their data can utilize the org chart builder, which is available in the basic plan (free for up to 150 employees). More so, a fast-growing business can also greatly benefit from its robust features because it grows with your business. So, depending on the needs of your business, ChartHop could be a good choice.