This article is part of a larger series on Hiring.
Freshteam (by Freshworks) is a cloud-based recruitment software designed to manage recruitment processes, track applicants, and onboard new hires. Other features include time off management and an employee information system. It has a free plan for companies needing up to 50 user seats; its paid tiers have monthly costs that start at $1.20 (per-user fee) and $71 (platform fee). Freshteam is ideal for companies that want to centralize HR processes in one system.
What We Recommend Freshteam For
Freshteam is our top-recommended free applicant tracking software, and it received perfect scores for its robust applicant tracking features and detailed reporting functionalities. It also earned the second spot on our best recruitment software guide due to its excellent recruiting and reporting tools. This software lets you publish multiple job postings on several platforms. It also helps you to customize your hiring process, design your own career site, collaborate with your hiring team, and track and manage successful candidates using Kanban boards.
In short, we recommend Freshteam for:
- Small businesses with limited recruitment budgets: Freshteam’s free plan has all of the basic tools you’ll need to hire top talent such as Kanban boards for applicant tracking, candidate applications via email, a career site, and up to three active job posts monthly.
- Companies that want to centralize HR processes: Freshteam facilitates end-to-end recruitment processes—from posting job ads to onboarding new hires and managing employee information. Its robust applicant tracking functionality makes it our best overall ATS. It can also track paid time off (PTO) requests, monitor employee leaves, and store all recruitment files in a secure database—all in one centralized platform.
- On-the-go HR professionals: Freshteam has a mobile app that provides real-time company updates. It also includes tools to manage hiring processes—like creating interview schedules, gathering feedback, collaborating with the hiring team, and viewing candidate profiles. You can even access employee records while on the go.
Need more information on what an applicant tracking system is? Check out our article on ATSes.
When Freshteam Would Not Be a Good Fit
- If you have high turnover or hire often and need unlimited job postings, check out Indeed. You can post an unlimited number of jobs, send messages, screen and assess applicants, and schedule interviews for free. You can make your jobs more visible by sponsoring it; sponsored jobs have a pay-per-click advertising fee that starts at $5 per day.
- If you need free and fully customizable applicant tracking software, consider OpenCATS. It is an open-source software that you can download and install on your laptop or desktop as long as it has Linux, WAMP, and XAMP operating systems. With OpenCATS, you can customize your dashboard and career page, communicate with your candidates, track and store resumes, schedule interviews, and export data and reports to third-party systems. However, it has no customer support to assist you; you can either do your research or join and collaborate with other OpenCATS users in an online community to resolve issues.
- If your business is an industry that’s vulnerable to discriminatory hiring practices (due to historical trends or otherwise), then MightyRecruiter is a great choice. It captures EEO (equal employment opportunity) data such as ethnicity, gender, and disability from job applicant profiles in case of an audit. Also, it has an “OFCCP Compliance mode” to track your searches. This makes it easy for you to download an OFCCP (Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs) report as an Excel or CSV file when there’s an audit.
Looking for something different?
Read our guide to the best free applicant tracking systems for small businesses to find a system that fits your needs.
Freshteam Alternatives & Comparison
Companies that need reporting features that are EEO- and OFCCP-compliant
Businesses looking for a fully customizable ATS
Small businesses needing to post jobs and track applicants for free
$0 to $5 per day
Freshteam has a free option (for companies with up to 50 users) and three paid plans with per-user fees ranging from $1.20 to $4.80 and platform fees ranging from $71 to $203. The main differences between the plans are the number of jobs you can post and access to advanced features—such as offer management, integration with job boards, and a dedicated account manager.
Monthly Platform Fees
Published Job Posting Credits
Up to 3
Up to 20
Up to 100
Integration With Job Boards
New Hire Onboarding
Custom User Roles
Dedicated Account Manager
Freshteam Monthly Plan Calculator
Want to know which Freshteam plan will fit your budget? Use our online calculator to compute the estimated monthly and annual fees.
Freshteam helps users streamline hiring processes, onboarding tasks, and time off management. Let’s look at its key features to help you determine whether or not it’s the right tool for you.
This function enables you to automate onboarding processes with its custom forms and workflows, document management functionalities, and electronic signature tool. It also lets you create and send online welcome kits, allowing you to capture your new hires’ basic details while providing them with the necessary information about their roles.
Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
Freshteam’s ATS helps you efficiently monitor the entire recruitment process—from posting job ads to making employment offers to qualified candidates. Below are some of its functionalities.
- Job Posting Management: Freshteam helps you find employees effectively and easily by letting you create, manage, and publish job postings across multiple job boards within minutes. Also, you can configure your hiring processes by creating custom workflow stages for every job post. It also has customized application forms and comes with more than 100 free job description templates.
- Candidate Sourcing: Jobs can be advertised on your customized career website, your social platforms (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter), and job boards (like Adzuna, ZipRecruiter, and Glassdoor). You can also add a custom tab on your career page to source candidates.
- Hiring Team Management: With Freshteam, you can add the hiring manager (if that’s not you) and panel members to your job postings. The hiring team will work with you closely to find your job postings’ matches and speed up the recruitment process.
Check out our guide on how to hire employees.
- External Recruitment: Aside from employee referrals, you can tap your vendors to source applicants for your open positions. Vendors can add candidates and track them without having to depend on you using their portal. Your career email inbox should sync with Freshteam to convert every email you receive into an application.
- Mobile Application: Freshteam keeps you on top of your hiring process through its Android (4.4 out of 5 stars) and iOS (4.1 out of 5 stars) apps. Using your mobile device, you can email candidates, submit feedback, gather a complete candidate profile, and advance candidates through the recruitment stages even when you are on the go.
- Resume Screening: Freshteam’s ATS has a resume parsing functionality, a tool that auto-populates applicant profiles based on the information found on the candidates’ online resumes. It also has a “Candidate 360” tool that captures all applicant-related information—such as assessment scores, interaction history, interviewer feedback, and email correspondence between the candidate and recruiter.
- Candidate Assessment and Offer Letter Management: It lets you schedule applicant interviews, invite panel members to join interview sessions, and collect structured feedback from hiring managers. Moreover, after a candidate has successfully passed the screening process, you can generate an offer letter and record the candidate’s decision.
- Integration Options: You can connect Freshteam’s ATS to assessment tests (such as HackerRank, HackerEarth, and Codility) and video interview tools (like Skype, Google Hangouts, and HackerRank’s CodePair). These integrations allow you to communicate with your top leads faster.
Freshteam’s mobile apps are available on iOS and Android devices.
Time Off Management
Its automated time off management solution is designed to track and manage PTO balances, requests, and approvals efficiently. You can also utilize it to create custom time off policies and holiday calendars.
Employee Information System
This feature allows your employees to set up a personal account where they can submit documents and provide personal data to reduce HR admin work. You can also assign roles and even set up access permissions using the employee portal. Apart from capturing and storing your employees’ information, this tool lets you create and manage organizational charts.
Freshteam offers all subscribers 24/7 free email support and 24/5 chat and call support, while Enterprise users have a dedicated account manager.
Freshteam Ease of Use
- User-friendly controls
- Intuitive user interface
- Feature-rich mobile application
- Extensive knowledge base
Overall, Freshteam is a user-friendly recruitment platform with an intuitive interface. It also has a feature-rich mobile application that syncs well with its web version. In addition, it has an extensive knowledge base that tackles frequently asked questions and features user guides, video tutorials, and recruitment best practices. Its customer support is also available 24/7 through email and 24/5 via chat and phone. It assigns a dedicated account manager for those subscribed to its Enterprise plan.
What Users Think About Freshteam
|User-friendly tools||Customization options aren’t robust for the free version|
|Straightforward interface||Occasional software bugs|
|Secure platform with robust ATS features||Unresponsive customer support|
Many users who left Freshteam reviews online praised its straightforward interface and user-friendly tools. Several even commented that it is a secure platform that makes job posting and hiring qualified candidates more efficient.
On the contrary, some reviewers dislike that they can’t customize features in the free plan. Others complained that they experienced occasional software bugs and unresponsive customer support. Some also wished for more exporting functionalities.
At the time of publication, Freshteam reviews earned the following scores on popular user review sites:
If you’re looking for an applicant tracking system with a robust candidate management system and team management tools, then Freshteam is a good choice. It lets you post job opportunities on multiple job boards, career portals, and social media platforms. Also, it allows you to select your hiring team and configure your hiring workflow for every job posting. It even has an automated onboarding process and time-off management system that will help you manage your team efficiently.
If you want to learn more about its functionalities, then sign up for free today.