IntelliCorp Review: Is It the Right Background Check Company for Your Business?
This article is part of a larger series on Hiring.
What We Recommend IntelliCorp For
IntelliCorp crafted background screening services for employers, landlords, volunteer organizations, and the healthcare industry. Users can choose from premade packages or choose individual services. It earned a spot in our guide to the best background check companies with an overall score of 4.41 out of 5.
IntelliCorp is best for:
- Nonprofit organizations and other businesses using volunteers: IntelliCorp has a wide range of pre-employment screening services that you can customize to fit your hiring requirements, whether for a volunteer or a professional role. Organizations hiring volunteers to work with the elderly or children will benefit from IntelliCorp’s checks of sex offender records, criminal databases, government sanctions, and Department of Corrections records. It also has a Volunteer Portal to streamline the process of getting information from volunteers.
- Healthcare companies: Apart from pre-employment screenings, IntelliCorp offers medical background checks to verify healthcare candidates’ professional licenses and work credentials. It conducts National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) searches to check for malpractice payment histories and adverse licensure actions.
- Landlords and rental property firms: You can request personal reference verifications and eviction searches to help you gain insight into prospective tenants’ credit information and property rental histories.
When IntelliCorp Would Not Be a Good Fit
- Individuals needing a background check solution: Whether you need a background check for yourself or for people you plan to hire, IntelliCorp is not an option as it’s exclusive to business clients. Consider GoodHire if you need personal background checks.
|User-friendly interface and easy-to-understand reports||Pricing isn’t transparent|
|Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)-compliant processes and forms||Occasional delays in releasing background check results|
|Medical screening services include National Practitioner’s Databank (NPDB) searches|
IntelliCorp’s pricing details are based on the type of background check you’ll need. A third-party site claims that fees for the Standard tier start at $27.95, but the actual cost of each plan is available only upon request. It’s also worth noting that IntelliCorp charges a one-time activation fee of $250 for all its new clients.
The vendor offers three screening packages—namely pre-employment/volunteer, healthcare, and tenant—wherein each has three plans: Standard, Enhanced, and Premium. You can customize each by purchasing add-on services, such as drug testing, expanded criminal record checks, and adverse action notices. For reference, I listed some of the screening services that are included in IntelliCorp’s pre-employment/volunteer package.
Social Security Number and Address History
Criminal Databases, including Sex Offenders
Federal Criminal Records
Up to 2 employers
Professional Reference Checks
IntelliCorp Key Features
IntelliCorp is designed to help you verify applicant information efficiently, allowing you to make informed hiring decisions and recruit quality candidates. Let’s look at some of its essential functionalities.
Background checking is a helpful step in hiring employees. With IntelliCorp, you are provided access to a comprehensive selection of background checks and reports that are FCRA-compliant. Here are a few of its screening services.
- Civil records checks: For this screening service, IntelliCorp will search through the records of both upper and lower county courts. If you require background checks that show bankruptcies and evictions, then you can request the vendor to look for records that have been filed at the county level across all 50 US states.
- Criminal database searches: Aside from searching federal, county, and multistate criminal databases, IntelliCorp can check for criminal records that are under the candidates’ former last names.
- Credit checks: This gives information on your candidates’ credit and payment histories, including collections and credit limit details. IntelliCorp also offers business credit reports that contain the financial history of potential partner companies. Additionally, it provides scored credit reports that show the Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO) credit score of prospective tenants.
- Driving records verifications: You get motor vehicle reports (MVRs) that show your candidates’ driving records (such as citations, offenses, suspensions, and other administrative actions). Additionally, you may request IntelliCorp to conduct commercial driver’s license (CDL) checks for specific states. This search enables you to validate whether candidates have the driver’s license to operate large vehicles, carry 16 or more passengers, and transport goods.
- Drug screening: IntelliCorp’s drug screening services include urine testing that covers different drug panels (such as marijuana, cocaine, opiates, barbiturates, and amphetamines). It also provides saliva drug testing and random workplace drug screening.
- International searches: IntelliCorp offers international background checks and applicant screening services that cover more than 200 countries and territories.
- Medical background checks: Aside from verifying the validity of your candidates’ medical licenses, IntelliCorp can check for medical fraud cases and Medicare/Medicaid sanctions. You can even request for an NPDB search, a background check that uncovers malpractice payment information, adverse licensure actions, and exclusions from healthcare programs.
This allows you to check your candidates’ eligibility to work in the US. It also lets you create, manage, and store digital Form I-9s for new hires.
All of IntelliCorp’s adverse action services and processes are designed to facilitate compliance with legal regulations. It enables you to meet FCRA requirements when sending adverse action letters to notify candidates of your intent to not hire them based on background check results.
Your candidates gain access to a self-service web-based portal where they can submit their information, electronically sign background check authorizations and disclosure forms, scan driver’s licenses, and more. The portal is also mobile-optimized, allowing users to access it on tablets and smartphones. It also has a similar portal specifically for volunteers.
IntelliCorp has a secure client website where you can order background searches, track screening requests, and access helpful resources (such as sample forms and compliance information) among others.
IntelliCorp offers integration with several HR platforms and applicant tracking systems. Here are some of its integration options:
- UltiPro Recruiting
IntelliCorp Ease of Use
- Easy to use
- Provides training and videos
- Downloadable forms
- Phone, chat, and email support
IntelliCorp is praised by users because it is easy to use and provides reliable and accurate reports. It also offers different types of customer support—including email, chat, and phone—to ensure that immediate concerns are quickly addressed.
The resources on its website include FAQs and videos for both employers and applicants. You’ll also find downloadable forms on its website such as disclosure forms and pre-adverse and adverse action letters. IntelliCorp provides its clients with training to help them get the most out of its platform.
What Users Think About IntelliCorp
|Straightforward system||Outdated interface|
|Automatic alerts to candidates and employers||Sometimes talking with a representative takes a while|
|Constant improvements or updates|
While reading through user reviews, I noticed that many like IntelliCorp’s intuitive platform. They also appreciate that employees and candidates are automatically notified when an invitation link is sent and when a report is available. Some even commented on the improvements to IntelliCorp’s drug testing features. On the other hand, negative reviews mention that the interface could use some redesign as it feels a bit outdated and waiting for a rep can sometimes take a while.
At the time of publication, IntelliCorp received a 4.6 out of 5 rating from 75+ reviews on G2.
Top IntelliCorp Alternatives
Best for: Businesses needing criminal record checking
Best for: Businesses needing strong integration with top HR/payroll software
Best for: Businesses needing financial and credit history for applicants
Per-report fees from: $29.95
Per-report fees from: $29.95
Per-report fees from: $25
IntelliCorp is a background check company offering FCRA-compliant reports and prebuilt packages for healthcare companies, employers, property managers, and nonprofit organizations. These packages can be customized with additional screening services. To get a quote, contact IntelliCorp.