This article is part of a larger series on How to Become a Real Estate Agent.
Obtaining, maintaining, or upgrading your real estate license in Indiana can be completed efficiently and conveniently through online education. The Indiana Real Estate Commission (IREC) requires 90 hours of state-approved broker prelicensing education plus 12 hours of continuing education for license renewal. We’ve researched dozens of online real estate schools to identify the best real estate courses in Indiana based on pricing, course features, quality of education, and customer service:
- Colibri Real Estate: Best for comprehensive, high-quality education throughout an agent’s career
- The CE Shop: Ideal option for students who want a customizable real estate education
- McColly School of Real Estate: Excellent option for multi-location, in-person courses
- Real University: Best for students who want free for-credit online Indiana real estate classes
- Tucker School of Real Estate: Best for its strong reputation as a top real estate school in Indiana
- Indiana Business and Real Estate Academy (IBREA): Top customer-rated online real estate school in Indiana for meeting the needs of all learning styles
Best Online Real Estate Courses in Indiana at a Glance
Education Provided & Starting Price
Managing broker licensing: $199
Exam prep: $99
Phone, email, and live chat
Exam prep: $79
Phone, email, and live chat
Managing broker licensing: $199
Exam prep: $62
Phone and email
Managing broker licensing: $249
Exam prep: $99
Phone and email
Exam prep: $52
Phone and email
Exam prep: $69.95
Phone, email, and live chat
Things you need to know before enrolling for your Indiana real estate license education: Along with education requirements, there are additional steps to completing your real estate licensure. Check out our step-by-step guide on How to Become a Real Estate Agent in Indiana to get started.
Colibri Real Estate: Best for Comprehensive High-quality Education
Colibri Real Estate offers every real estate licensing education type, including prelicensing, post-licensing, managing broker courses, and continuing education. It’s the best Indiana (IN) real estate school for students seeking a comprehensive, high-quality education to return to throughout their real estate careers. It provides livestream, on-demand, and self-paced courses that can be purchased individually or as a package.
The school offers a Pass or Don’t Pay Guarantee, and will refund your payment if you don’t pass your exam on the first try. Some Colibri Real Estate courses in Indiana require you to purchase the textbooks separately. If you’re seeking a course that provides these materials, check out Real University, which includes the text with its course.
Additional Colibri Real Estate Features
- State-approved instructor support: Access your local instructors for questions and support by email or phone.
- Discussion board: Communicate with instructors and connect with peers to discuss course content.
- Animated video library: Colibri Real Estate has partnered with Sketchy to offer animated videos that help you master complex subjects.
- Smart Bites: Proprietary teaching method designed to help students retain more information by breaking the content into easy-to-remember, bite-sized pieces.
Colibri Real Estate received 4.15 out of 5 customer reviews. Students like its straightforward, self-paced online courses. Some students love the quality and affordability of its online education and say it taught them everything they need to know to pass the real estate licensing test on their first try.
Some negative reviews say that the learning material is outdated and sometimes has different information from the exam. One student reports poor customer support and sought study materials outside the program because it doesn’t provide an in-depth education. If you’re looking for a local real estate school with up-to-date course options, look at The CE Shop. It offers customizable online real estate courses in Indiana to design your education based on your interest.
Colibri Real Estate provides tiered prelicensing and exam prep packages. It offers Indiana broker prelicensing, broker post-licensing, the managing broker course for students who want to upgrade their licenses, exam preparation packages, and continuing education.
Prelicensing: Starting at $554
All prelicensing packages meet the requirements for Indiana prelicensing broker education requirements, plus three e-books and instructor support. Each tier of the courses adds new features in addition to the content in the package before it.
- The Basics: $554 includes the 90-hour prelicensing course, three real estate e-books, access to instructors, and Buffini & Company coaching videos
- Exam Preparation: $615 for everything in the Basic package plus simulated exams, flashcards, readiness assessment, audio review guides, and the pass guarantee
- Exam Preparation Plus: $681 includes everything above plus instructor Q&A, live exam crammer series, and an animated video library
- Ultimate Learning: For $802, students get everything in Exam Prep Plus, and add pro-series webinars, buyers and sellers worksheets, checklists, guides, and a comprehensive professional development library
Indiana new licensees are required to complete 30 hours of broker post-licensing education within two years of receiving their initial license. So if you get your real estate license in 2023 or 2024, you must complete this post-licensing education within the two years before 2025 or 2026.
- Indiana Broker Post-licensing course: Includes the required 30 hours of Indiana post-licensing education, plus state-approved instructor support for $229
Managing Broker: $199
The Indiana managing broker education is for brokers who want to upgrade their licenses so they can open a brokerage and manage their offices. Colibri offers one course to complete this education.
- Indiana Managing Broker course: For $199, you get the comprehensive 24-hour managing broker education, the real estate math e-book, and state-approved instructor support
Continued Education: Starting at $19*
Customize your education by swapping classes based on your interests, except for the two correspondence packages. If you only need a few classes, you can take the individual classes you need to fulfill the requirements.
- Individual CE classes: Range from $19 to $34
- 12-hour Broker Renewal: $79 includes Handling Multiple Offers, Educating Sellers, Implicit Bias Awareness and Cultural Competency, and Real Estate Investing: Beyond the Basics, or exchange classes to suit your needs; the hardcopy correspondence option is mailed via the U.S. Postal Services (USPS)
- 12-hour Managing Broker Renewal: For $79, this customizable course swaps the real estate investing course from the above package with Managing a Brokerage; the hardcopy correspondence option is mailed via the USPS
- IN CE Plus Membership: $99 provides All CE real estate courses in Indiana, Pro-Series webinar on-demand library, how-to videos, 100-plus job aids (worksheets, scripts, and checklists), product and service discounts, and access to knowledgeable education specialists
Exam Prep: Starting at $99
- Indiana Exam Prep: $99 provides Exam Prep with audio and review guides
- Indiana Exam Prep Live: $219 adds animated learning videos, instructor Q&A, and the exam crammer series
*Provided by affiliate partner, McKissock Learning
The CE Shop: Best for Customizable Real Estate Education
The CE Shop provides self-paced, on-demand learning and material to meet the needs of various learning styles. It’s the best online real estate school in Indiana for a customizable education and includes interactive tools, practice quizzes, and a student forum to engage with peers. Its self-paced education is excellent for students who wish to work independently.
A unique feature is its ability to customize continuing education courses to your interests. The school doesn’t offer managing broker licensing education, though. If you are seeking Indiana managing broker courses, Colibri Real Estate is a better choice since it includes this program for upgrading your license.
Additional The CE Shop Features
- Money-back guarantee: In addition to the pass guarantee, The CE Shop provides a money-back guarantee if you request a refund within 30 days of purchase.
- Exam Prep Edge: An intuitive study platform with an initial assessment, unlimited practice exams, and interactive dashboards.
- Agent Essentials: A database of free career resources, such as videos, podcasts, webinars, blogs, and e-books.
- Customer support: Students can contact customer support seven days a week via phone, live chat, and email.
The CE Shop received a 3.9 out of 5 based on 6,440 reviews. It is lauded for its quality, easy-to-follow content, user-friendly platform, and self-paced online learning. Many students report that they passed their exam on the first try. One student loves the one-week free trial option that shows her how easy the platform is to navigate and use.
One negative reviewer says that the number of quizzes and review materials is overwhelming, making it difficult to find what you need. Another student is disappointed in not passing the exam, saying nothing in the content matched the state portion of the exam. Tucker Real Estate School may be better if you want fewer, more easily digestible quizzes.
All prelicensing packages include the required coursework to sit for the Indiana real estate licensing exam. The CE Shop continuing education has partial and complete courses for broker and managing broker renewals and single classes. The Indiana renewal period is three years; licensees must complete 12 CE classes annually within that time frame, with 12 mandatory classes in the first year.
Prelicensing: Starting at $299
All 90-hour prelicensing packages include business e-books, career resources, downloadable resources, digital flashcards, a real estate glossary, and study schedules.
- Courses Only Package: $299 includes all of the content as mentioned above
- Standard Package: $609 includes everything in the Courses Only Package plus exam prep and a money-back pass guarantee
- Value Package: $653 includes everything in the Standard package plus a building business course
- Premium Package: $885 includes everything in the Value package plus broker post-licensing education
The 30-hour post-licensing course is divided into six broker post-licensing topic areas to meet the 24 CE hours of post-licensing requirements.
- Post-licensing Course: $275 includes 10 hours of business planning, sales, and marketing, six hours of real estate transactions, six hours of financing, five hours of negotiation and counseling skills, two hours of construction, and one hour of fair housing and diversity
Continued Education: Starting at $25
Continuing education includes five options, each with relevant courses for broker and managing broker license renewals. The options range from 12 to 36 CE credit hours to meet the state criteria.
- Individual Broker CE Classes: Range from $25 to $39 based on per credit class hours
- IN Broker Partial CE Package #1: $79 includes 12 of the credits needed per year to complete during the 36-month renewal period.
- IN Broker Partial CE Package #2: Includes 12 of the total 36 hours of CE required for active license renewals for $79
- IN Broker Partial CE Package: $159 includes 24 of the total 36 CE hours required for active license renewals with the National Association of Realtors (NAR) required ethics class
- 36-hour IN Broker CE Package: $209 includes the complete required 36 CE hours for active license renewals, including the NAR mandatory ethics class
- Individual Managing Broker CE Classes: Range from $25 to $39 based on per credit class hours
- IN Managing Broker Partial CE Package: $79 includes 12 of the 36 required hours for Managing Broker license renewals
- IN Managing Broker Partial CE Package (with Ethics course): $79 includes 12 of the 36 required hours for Managing Broker license renewals with the NAR ethics class
- 36-hour IN Managing Broker CE Package (with Ethics course): $209 Offers all 36 hours of CE required for active license renewals, including the NAR ethics class
Exam Prep: Starting at $79
- Exam Prep Edge (PSI National Portion): $79 covers the Indiana Broker national portion of your real estate licensing exam
- Exam Prep Edge (IN Broker State Portion): $79 covers the Indiana Broker state portion of your real estate licensing exam
- IN Exam Prep Edge (IN National and State Portions): $135 includes both national and state portions of the Indiana licensing exam
McColly School of Real Estate: Best for Multi-location, In-person Learning
McColly School of Real Estate’s in-person real estate courses in Indiana provide prelicensing and continuing education only. Its online self-paced courses include prelicensing, post-licensing, continuing education, and the CompuCram exam prep packages. In-person courses are offered in multiple locations, but there is no livestream option to access these live classes. Note that it also doesn’t offer continuing education online.
The school offers an accelerated in-person prelicensing course that can be finished in 30 days. It doesn’t offer a pass guarantee but gives a retake option. Students can retake the course within a year of completing their first class for a $150.00 fee per retake.
Additional McColly School of Real Estate Features
- Free interactive course demo: Includes 24 slides to walk you through how to use the platform and what materials you will learn.
- In-person courses: Offered in Illinois and three different Indiana locations.
- Customer support: Online tech support, 36 FAQs about browser, course issues, and account management. Phone and email support are available during business hours.
McColly School of Real Estate received a customer rating of 4.1 out of 5 based on seven consumer reviews. One reviewer likes the systematic approach and CompuCram retention tools designed to pass the exam. Another says the class is a good combination of classroom learning and real-life examples taught by exceptional teachers who are also active real estate agents.
Negative reviewers indicate that the in-person classes seem boring and require a lot of additional study beyond the classroom. One student reports that an instructor said he could skip some sections of the text because they won’t be on the exam, and it turned out everything in those sections was on the exam. Colibri Real Estate is your best bet if you want a course that still provides access to local instructors and offers exam-relevant content.
McColly School of Real Estate offers tiered pricing for its prelicensing education. There are two options for post-licensing. It provides three packages for continuing education, each at the same price, plus individual CE classes. You can choose between three exam prep courses that cover state, national, or both.
Prelicensing: Starting at $499
The McColly School of Real Estate prelicensing courses provide 90 hours of real estate education for the broker’s license exam. Prelicensing packages are tiered, with each package adding new features to the previous package.
- Indiana Broker Prelicensing: $499 includes real estate concepts and ownership, property basics, land use and income property, real estate contracts, property title and closings, real estate brokerage, real estate finance, property valuation and property tax, and Indiana license and agency laws.
- Indiana Basic Package: $529 adds the Indiana Real Estate Broker Student Workbook to the Indiana Broker Prelicensing course, recaps various real estate topics, and complements the online learning.
- Indiana Premium Package: $589 includes everything in the two lower-tier packages and adds Review Crammer, which recaps all of the necessary concepts and hundreds of practice questions that complement the questions on the state licensing exam.
The broker post-licensing course reviews and checks the licensee’s knowledge of critical topics and meets the education requirements.
- Indiana Real Estate Brokers Post License Course: $249 for the 24-hour credit requirement.
Managing Broker: $199
- Indiana Real Estate Managing Broker Eligible Course: $199 for 24 hours of Indiana Managing Broker education
Continued Education: Starting at $29
- Individual courses: Range from $29 to $39
- Broker 12-hour CE Package: $79 offers four classes in green building and energy, FHA appraisers, environmental regulations, and protecting your broker’s license.
- Broker and Managing Broker 12-hour CE Package: $79 includes three classes covering broker’s price opinions (BPOs), residential contracts, and brokerage.
- Broker and Managing Broker 12-hour CE Package with Ethics: $79 provides three classes in NAR ethics, fair housing, and residential contracts.
Exam Prep: Starting at $62
- Real Estate Broker Exam Prep IN State Only: The $62 package helps students pass the state portion of the Indiana real estate licensing exam.
- Real Estate Broker Exam Prep–National PSI: This $62 package covers the national portion of the Indiana real estate licensing exam.
- IN Real Estate Broker Exam Pre–National and State: $105 includes CompuCram exam that prepares students for the state and national portions of the exam. CompuCram integrates vocabulary tools, practice tests, and simulated exams. Its Readiness Indicator gives ongoing feedback while you’re studying.
Real University: Best Indiana Real Estate School for Free Resources
Real University provides livestream, in-person, and self-paced, on-demand courses in various formats to meet different learning styles. It offers prelicensing, post-licensing, continuing education, exam prep, and career development. Students can complete real estate classes in Indiana on any device, and a payment plan is available for students who need to pay over time.
We chose it as one of the best online real estate courses in Indiana for its abundant free resources. These include for-credit courses and monthly seminars held on the first day of each month. There is also a free online career night held every Monday at 6 p.m. Eastern Time. If you’re a managing broker, you can join its affiliate program for free, your agents can receive discounts on courses, and you can earn commissions on purchases.
Additional Real University Features
- Free virtual career seminars: Prospective students can register for free virtual seminars offered on the first day of every month and join the class via Zoom.
- Free sample courses: Real University offers free courses that include video, audio, sample quizzes and exams, text documents, and PDFs. One is a one-credit self-study course, and another is an in-person career exploratory.
- Payment plan option: The payment plan for the self-study broker’s prelicensing course is three modules with three payments suitable for students who cannot pay the full price upfront.
- Accessible from any device: Stay on top of coursework by accessing your course dashboard from your phone, tablet, or computer.
Real University scored 4.9 out of 5 based on 73 customer reviews. Students with positive reviews say they appreciate the convenience of going at their own pace in self-study courses. Some report that the curriculum is easy to follow. Many mention that the course prepares them to pass the exam on the first try. One student says that the customer service and tech support are very responsive.
In contrast, some students were disappointed with the level of customer support. However, a company representative responded to each negative online review, seeking to rectify the situation. With its top-notch reputation, if you prefer proactive customer support services, look at Tucker School of Real Estate.
Real University offers a prelicensing course for students seeking Indiana real estate license classes online. The Real Estate Broker Course provides everything you need to pass the real estate exam. It comes with a Modern Real Estate Practice textbook.
Prelicensing: Starting at $499
Real University prelicensing pricing is for livestream, in-person, and self-study courses. It offers monthly livestream and in-person courses. You can choose from three self-study course options. All online self-study courses require students to take a 100-question multiple choice practice exam three times to complete the course.
- Live Instructor-led Course: $499 is a monthly blended course with classroom and livestream students. It includes 90 hours of coursework to sit for the Indiana real estate exam.
- Indiana Broker’s Course: This online course is $499 and meets the Indiana state licensing education requirements.
- Indiana Broker’s Course Prime: This course is online for $539. It includes the topics in the Broker’s Course and adds a state exam topic, knowledge base outline, prelicensing course workbook, and seven hours of video review of the major course topics.
- Indiana Broker’s Course Prime PLUS: $569 includes everything in the Prime package plus a sample exam with an answer key, prelicensing math workbooks, prelicensing, and portable document formats (PDFs).
- Broker prelicensing payment plan: Module one for this online option is $225, and modules two and three are $175. Students must complete each module before moving to the next and have three months to complete each.
The online Indiana post-licensing course is a state requirement that must be completed within the first two years after obtaining a broker’s license.
- Indiana Post-license Broker’s Course: $249 includes the 30-hour post-licensing broker education.
Managing Broker: $249
- Indiana Managing Broker Licensing Course: $249 includes 24 hours of required online class time broken into three sections: Broker Management, Brokerage Operations, and The Role of the Managing Broker. It also includes the National Association of Realtors (NAR) ethic class.
Continued Education: Starting at $12
Continuing education is offered as individual self-study classes. There is no online package option. In-person and livestream classes are currently offered in five locations with different schedules and modules.
All CE courses meet the required 36 hours within three years of license renewal.
- Individual CE classes: The 27 online CE classes are $12 each, except for a $24 course about land use and planning restrictions.
- CE Package: The $99 livestream and in-person CE package include 12 credits. The courses are held in five different locations. Courses can be completed in one session, with one course spread across six sessions.
Exam Prep: $99
- Review, Workbook, and Practice Exams: The $99 exam prep package has livestream in-person courses and online self-study. It includes the PLUS portion of the Broker’s Prime PLUS course.
Tucker School of Real Estate: Best for Its Strong Reputation
The F.C. Tucker brokerage has been around for over 100 years, and its school, Tucker School of Real Estate, has a formidable reputation in Indiana. Students who take the Indiana real estate license online course through Tucker Real Estate School can start their real estate careers at F.C. Tucker, which accepts both new and experienced Indiana broker agents.
Tucker School of Real Estate provides in-person, livestream, hybrid, and online self-study classes. It covers prelicensing, post-licensing, continuing education, and exam preparation. You must complete the online course within six months or pay additional fees.
Additional Tucker School of Real Estate Features
- Refund option: Full refund if not satisfied with the course anytime before completion.
- Exam Prep Edge: Intuitive online study experience that helps you ace your exam.
- Course textbook: In-person, livestream, and hybrid courses include the textbook.
- Accessible online materials: Free downloadable class materials accessible without course registration.
- Veteran, active military, and first responder discount: 90-hour prelicensing broker course offered at half price for veterans, active military, firefighters, and police officers.
Tucker School of Real Estate receives a score of 4.9 out of 5 based on 62 customer reviews. Several students praise different instructors for their depth of knowledge and for keeping the courses interesting. Many students state they passed the exam on the first try. Another student raves about the online education and CompuCram tool, saying it fits his busy schedule as the father of a small child.
One negative reviewer doesn’t like that the practice exams don’t randomize the questions and that the tests don’t divide questions by state and national topics, as is on the exam. Another student says that the class content didn’t prepare him well for the exam, but the CompuCram made up for the lack in the self-study course. Colibri Real Estate is appreciated for its exam prep tools and course content, so if you’re concerned, try them.
Tucker Real Estate School offers prelicensing, post-licensing, continuing education, and exam preparation to its students. It has fewer package options than the other schools in our research, and its pricing is competitive with the other schools we evaluated. Its live classes are offered on days and evenings.
Prelicensing: Starting at $599
There are two Indiana broker prelicensing options, one for online self-study and one for in-person and livestream classes. The cost for either option is the same, but the in-person, hybrid, and livestream courses provide a textbook at no additional cost.
- Broker Prelicensing Course: $599 provides the entire 90-hour course to sit for the Indiana broker prelicensing exam.
The post-licensing curriculum is only offered as a self-study course. It’s designed to ensure brokers have retained the knowledge they received from their prelicensing education.
- Broker Post-licensing Course: For $249, it includes the required 30 hours in topics essential to meeting the two-year requirement for post-licensing education.
Continued Education: Starting at $15
Continuing education is only available as an online self-study course. Students can choose individual classes or buy one of many 12-hour CE class packages, some of which include the National Association of Realtors (NAR) ethics class. Continuing education is available for brokers and managing brokers. Individual classes range in price from $15 to $30.
- Online Broker and Managing Broker Package #1: $99 provides the 12 credit hours of mandatory CE and the 24 hours of your choice of electives.
- Online Broker and Managing Broker Package #2 with Ethics: Includes the same content as package #1 but adds the NAR ethics class for students who need to complete it for $99.
Exam Prep: $52
- Exam Prep Edge: This is only available for online self-study, and includes a readiness assessment, study lessons by topic, interactive dashboards, and unlimited practice exams.
Indiana Business & Real Estate Academy (IBREA): Best Support for all Learning Styles
Indiana Business and Real Estate Academy (IBREA) is the only school in our research to score a 5 out of 5 for accommodating all learning styles. It offers livestream, self-paced, on-demand video, in-person, and instructor-assisted course formats to meet student needs. Its packages offer students unlimited access to all Indiana online real estate classes in its database.
It includes every type of course for real estate brokers, including prelicensing, post-licensing, continuing education, and exam preparation. It’s a local school with an excellent reputation and qualified, accessible instructors. It also provides one-on-one tutoring, so online students don’t have to worry about being alone in their education.
Additional Indiana Business & Real Estate Academy Features
- Free guest pass: If you’re unsure about IBREA or getting a real estate license, you can audit a class for free.
- Additional unlimited access: Students can attend live prelicensing classes and still have unlimited access to any classes.
- E-book or textbook option: The choice of one or the other supports those who prefer a hardcopy book to read online.
- Short cartoons: These fun memory aids help you retain course content.
- Auditory study: Audio Study is a program created by IBREA for students to listen hands-free to over five hours of course content for the general exam. It’s accessible on all devices and using headphones.
IBREA receives 5 out of 5 based on 123 student reviews. Nearly every student raves about Jay, the instructor, for keeping the course fun and informative, his arsenal of knowledge, and his accessibility. Livestream online is the most popular option among reviewers, stating it feels like they’re in the classroom and benefit from the live interaction with students and instructors.
It’s hard to find negative reviews, but one student says that the exam practice questions have nothing to do with the exam. One downside is the lack of career assistance once students receive their licenses. It would be great if they could launch their careers with resources from IBREA. If you want a local school that provides career assistance, check out McColly School of Real Estate.
IBREA offers a payment plan on its prelicensing course. If students don’t have the resources to pay in full, they can split the payment over four months for $165 per month. This adds $65 to the total costs. CE courses can be purchased as bundles or individual classes.
Whether you take the course independently or live, the cost is the same. Livestream classes are provided two evenings weekly, and new classes begin every three weeks.
- Broker prelicensing class program: $595 gives you a choice between livestream and self-study.
Post-licensing: Starting at $199
Post-licensing is offered for each learning style for the same cost. You can take the classes online, via livestream, or in person. There is also a new agent post-licensing complete training package. This one course offers a payment plan of $120 spread across three payments, which adds $19 to the course price.
- 30-hour post-licensing classes: $199 includes the full 30-hour post-licensing course. The livestream and in-person classes are spread across five evenings. The online course is self-study at your own pace.
- New Agent Complete Online Training Program: $339 includes the 30-hour post-licensing course plus Ultimate Writing a Purchase Agreement, fair housing, titles, buyer representation, standardized language, and real estate self-defense.
Continued Education: Starting at $19.95
Continuing education courses are offered in-person, livestream, or self-study. The 12-credit livestream and in-person course are held on the last Thursday and Friday of each month, so you can complete them in two days. Pricing for in-person and livestream is $20 higher than online self-study. There are also many online individual CE classes if you prefer to customize your learning.
- Individual CEs: $19.95 for two-credit classes and $29.95 for three credits.
- Online continuing education: $79.95 for 12 credits. This course is customizable, with over 60 classes from which to choose.
- In-person and livestream CEs: $99 for livestream classes and $109 for in-person. These two options are not customizable.
Exam Prep: Starting at $69.95
These packages are in addition to the exam prep tools included in the prelicensing packages.
- Law practice tests: Covers Indiana real estate law for $69.95. Real estate law is about 40% of the exam. The package has over 300 questions and refreshes each time you take it.
- General portion practice tests: $69.95 covers the chapters from the book and is refreshed after each practice.
- Situational practice tests: $69.95 provides questions that test your understanding of the material.
- Practice Tests Power Pack: $179.95 includes over 1,600 questions covering all three topics in the previous packages. This option will save about $30 over purchasing the individual packages separately.
How We Evaluated the Top Real Estate Schools in Indiana
After our research, we found that Colibri Real Estate offers the overall best online real estate courses in Indiana, especially for students seeking a prelicensing course to sit for the Indiana real estate exam. With a score of 4.89 out of 5, we chose Colibri Real Estate for its reasonable pricing, accessible peer and instructor support, and user-friendly online platform.
To arrive at our unbiased score, we evaluated the following criteria:
25% of Overall Score
Consists of various formatting and learning styles for each course to meet the specific needs of the agent and ease of course accessibility.
20% of Overall Score
Pricing is based on the cost and availability of pre- and post-licensing, continuing education courses, and exam prep for each online institution.
15% of Overall Score
The availability of each level of education for different stages of licensure. This would include pre- and post-licensing, continuing education courses, broker prelicensing, and exam prep.
15% of Overall Score
Extending services past licensures, such as coaching, training, and career assistance. Also, whether the provider offers pass or refund guarantees for its courses.
10% of Overall Score
Based on customer feedback for each program, with particular attention given to reviews of the product and popularity of the provider, to certify the course meets user satisfaction.
10% of Overall Score
Expertise in the field and firsthand experience with the providers allow us to evaluate the standout features, value for the money, and ease of use for each school.
5% of Overall Score
We looked into the convenience and attainability of customer service for technical support and instructor assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The rate for passing the Indiana real estate licensing exam is 75%. It’s a decent pass rate and on par with most states, indicating it’s not the most challenging real estate exam. The lowest pass rate in the country is about 70%, and the highest is 84%.
Salary income for real estate agents in Indiana ranges from $3,473 to $5,552 per month, with a median salary of $3,634 monthly. Of course, the salary you can earn depends on many factors, such as years of experience, property values in your location, how much effort you put in, and the types of real estate you sell. Commercial and luxury real estate earn more than simple residential homes, but they often take longer to sell.
Real estate brokers are one of the highest-paid professionals in the industry. A managing broker who also actively sells real estate has two revenue streams: one from her sales commissions and the other from the brokerage portion of commissions earned by real estate agents in the company.
It depends on which type of education you’re seeking. Indiana prelicensing courses are 90 hours, and real estate post-licensing education is 30 hours. If you’re upgrading your license to become a managing broker, you’ll need to take 24 hours of state-approved credits. Continuing education is completed within three years between license renewals, and you’ll need to complete 36 credit hours, with a mandatory 12 hours in year one.