Real estate lead services allow you to find prospective clients outside of your sphere of influence, making them critically important for industry professionals. We compared several platforms giving agents the ability to buy real estate leads using either ad-based generation tools or contact databases to determine the best service for various use cases. In the end, we determined the top six places to buy real estate leads are:
- BoldLeads: Best overall choice for real estate professionals looking for managed ad services
- Zillow Premier Agent: Most popular place to generate many leads from the Zillow platform
- Market Leader: Excellent option for real estate agents who want exclusive leads in specific ZIP codes
- REDX: Best for agents looking for the most affordable leads or FSBO and expired listings
- Offrs: Great for professionals who want to analyze off-market homes and accurately predict future sellers
- Qazzoo: Best for real estate professionals who want real-time alerts about leads to stay on top of follow-ups
A real estate lead service can help you save time and effort by finding you the right clients to focus on and convert. Take our quiz below to determine the real estate lead service that will best fit your needs.
Which Real Estate Leads Service Is Right for You?
Answer a few questions about your business, and we'll give you a personalized product match.
How We Evaluated Paid Sources for Real Estate Leads
Real estate leads can come from several sources, so we carefully chose the following real estate lead generation companies based on specific criteria like price per lead and how each services identified leads. For example, some services provide tools to help you capture leads directly on your website or through social media outreach, while others give you the ability to create lists from their proprietary contact databases.
The other criteria we considered to determine the best options for real estate professionals were:
- Lead exclusivity and type: It is more difficult to convert an online lead to a client if they are also being contacted by dozens of other real estate professionals, and it is easier if you know what type of lead you’re receiving (buyer, seller, FSBO, expired listings, and so on). We favored lead generation companies that provide exclusive leads or specific types because it increases your chances of conversion.
- Integrations and technology: Once you start paying for leads, you need to have a process ready to nurture and follow up with them. We selected real estate lead sources that included a customer relationship manager (CRM) or integrated with other CRMs and follow-up tools so you can avoid missing out on conversions.
- Customer support: It’s extremely important to access customer service when using an online tool to buy real estate leads. We evaluated the responsiveness of each lead generation company and favored those with positive reviews about customer support.
Based on our search, BoldLeads is the best overall place to buy real estate leads. It allows you to receive exclusive leads in specific ZIP codes and includes an easy-to-use CRM to make the most of each lead. In addition, they offer ad management, which maximizes your return on investment (ROI).
However, it is worth noting that the best sources of real estate leads are those you generate organically by networking within your sphere of influence. If you would like to learn more about how to generate leads for free, consider downloading our real estate lead generation e-book.
BoldLeads: Best Overall Source to Buy Real Estate Leads
*If you sign up for managed ads for both buyer and seller leads, BoldLeads cuts the total price to $589.
**BoldLeads waives the onboarding fee for any one-year contract.
BoldLeads’ highly rated lead generation service utilizes Google advertising and customized Facebook ads to drive potential buyers and sellers to a free lead magnet, like a listing report or guide. While the amount of real estate leads you’ll receive will fluctuate, you’ll typically get a minimum of 20 to 25 motivated real estate agent leads per month. That’s why BoldLeads is so valuable, especially for those who want a partner to help maximize their advertising efforts.
BoldLeads Paid Lead Service Features
- Only one real estate professional per ZIP code
- Exclusive leads
- Training videos and weekly webinars
- Includes a CRM with SMS marketing and drip campaign templates
- Only platform that can integrate landing pages with their personal website
BoldLeads User Reviews
BoldLeads users note that they like that it’s a one-stop CRM for their leads with automatic follow-up campaigns, and that they are satisfied with the number of leads they’ve received. Negative reviews state that the quality of the leads can be inconsistent.
Zillow Premier Agent: Best Lead Source for Zillow Users
Zillow Premier Agent (ZPA) gives agents the opportunity to display their Zillow profile next to listings in their market area. With built-in lead capture forms on every listing, real estate lead generation is extremely easy, making Zillow Premier Agent a great tool for agents and brokers who want to claim listings and leads on the Zillow platform.
Zillow Premier Agent Paid Lead Service Features
- Agent sidebar on local properties
- Displaying your information makes it easy for leads to contact you
- Includes a basic CRM to capture and track contacts
- Partners with Facebook advertising
Zillow Premier Agent User Reviews
Some agents state that the interface of the CRM is easy to use, enabling users to find contacts, past sales, and leads quickly. They also noted that the exposure was good for their brand since most buyers and sellers use Zillow. However, many users expressed frustration that the leads they received never responded, and they did not receive a return on their investment.
For more information on how this platform works, read if ZPA leads are worth paying for.
Market Leader: Best Place to Buy Exclusive Real Estate Leads
Market Leader is the only lead generation tool with a guarantee not to resell leads to other agents. It uses online advertising to generate real estate agent leads for agents. Pricing costs between $20 and $60 per lead, depending on the season, competition, and sales value of homes in a given farm area. Its unique offers make it an excellent option for agents and brokers who want to ensure that they are not competing with other professionals for purchased leads.
Market Leader Paid Lead Service Features
- Guaranteed number of exclusive leads per month
- Facebook and Google advertising
- Lead insights
- Includes a CRM
Market Leader User Reviews
Although some users of Market Leader state that the leads don’t convert, the majority of reviews state how easy the product is to use and how helpful the customer support team is. They especially appreciate how easy it is to track and follow up with leads consistently within the platform.
REDX: Best Place to Buy FSBO & Expired Leads
REDX offers leads for FSBO (for sale by owner) properties, expired leads, and renters. Leads cost anywhere from $39 to $79 per month, depending on the type of lead—making it one of the most affordable lead generation platforms. Unlike other services, however, it focuses only on non-mainstream leads, making it an ideal option for agents who want to target alternative lead sources.
REDX Paid Lead Service Features
- Only platform to focus on expired listing leads, for sale by owner (FSBO) leads, for rent by owner (FRBO) leads, and foreclosure or pre-foreclosure leads
- Pulls data from resources like the MLS, public records, and proprietary sources
- Automatically cross-checks listings and contact numbers daily
- Built-in auto-dialer
REDX User Reviews
Although there are very few third-party reviews for REDX online, they are extremely positive. Users state that the leads they receive are completely accurate and are easier to convert.
Offrs: Best Place to Buy Off-market Seller Leads
Offrs is a tool that uses predictive analytics to accurately find homeowners who are about to sell their homes. This functionality allows you to be the first real estate agent to contact them and increases your chances of converting new leads. Offrs has a 72% prediction accuracy rate, which makes it well suited for those who want to effectively and proactively nurture leads before a property is likely to go on the market.
Offrs Paid Lead Service Features
- Listing leads, buyer leads, FSBO leads, and expired listing leads
- Data available on homeowners, properties, listings, and automated valuation models (AVM)
- Includes a basic CRM
- Marketing materials and campaigns
Offrs User Reviews
Most Offrs users noted that this software helps them cover more ground in less time because they are able to focus their efforts on homeowners who are more likely to convert. They also liked the customer service team and the different data and package options. Negative reviews say that they did not convert any of the leads and did not get a good return on investment (ROI).
Qazzoo: Best for Buying Leads With Real-time Alerts
Qazzoo allows you to search for real estate leads anywhere in the country and choose which ones to purchase. It is the only real estate lead platform that allows you to view thousands of leads from all over the country (instead of a single ZIP code) and lets you hand-select your leads as well. It also sends you real-time notifications when a new lead matches your search parameters, making it a helpful tool for those who want to be the first to respond to target leads.
Qazzoo Paid Lead Service Features
- Advanced lead filtering by criteria like location, price range, or credit history
- Guaranteed leads
- Ability to return fake or incorrect leads
- Real-time alerts when a new lead is added to the database
Qazzoo User Reviews
The vast majority of reviews for Qazzoo absolutely love the service and quality of leads. They also state that the customer service team consistently goes above and beyond to assist agents and brokers. The few negative reviews state that the leads are not ready to buy or sell.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are there ways to get free real estate leads?
Yes. You can network with other real estate agents and create partnerships to gain free real estate agent leads. Regularly communicating with past clients and participating in community events can also lead to client referrals. Read our article on other ways to generate real estate leads with no upfront cost to get more tips.
What should I consider before buying real estate agent leads?
First, consider your business goals and desired budget. Next, think about the number of leads that you need to increase your sales and how much of your advertising budget you can direct toward this effort to ensure a positive return on investment (ROI). Measuring your ongoing ROI is critical to remaining profitable.
Why does exclusivity matter for real estate leads?
Exclusivity means that a lead generation company only provides leads to one agent. This means less competition and a higher likelihood of securing a lead’s business. It’s recommended that new agents consider exclusive leads to ensure a higher chance of a conversion.
Is the return good for buying real estate agent leads?
When the buyer or seller intentionally shares their contact information with a lead source, the ROI for buying leads can be great. On the other hand, free real estate agent leads may take longer to convert as they can be anywhere in the sales process.
The most effective way to tell which type of lead produces the best results is to measure the ongoing return on investment for both free and premium leads. Generally, however, it is recommended that agents establish multiple channels for lead generation.