Real estate lead services allow you to find prospective clients outside of your sphere of influence, making them critically important for industry professionals. We compared several platforms giving agents the ability to buy real estate leads using either ad-based generation tools or contact databases to determine the best service for a variety of use cases.
Top 6 Places to Buy Real Estate Leads 2020
Real Estate Lead Source
flat $299 + $250 ad budget per month
Best overall with managed ad services
$20-60* per lead
Easy lead generation through Zillow.com
$20-60* per lead
Leads are exclusive to ZIP codes
Starting at $39 per month
Most affordable leads; best for FSBO and expired listings
$119 per month
Analyze off-market homes and accurately predict future sellers
$299 to $499 per month
Ability to receive real-time alerts about new leads
*varies by zip code
Last updated on 04/06/20
Which Real Estate Lead Generation Software Is Right For You?
Answer a few questions about your business and we'll give you personalized product match
How We Evaluated Paid Sources for Real Estate Leads
Real estate leads can come from a number of sources, so we looked for real estate lead generation companies that utilized traditional advertising platforms like IDX websites, social media advertising channels, and those that allowed featured searchable databases. To determine the best, we then compared products based on cost per lead, lead type, agent exclusivity, and additional services that can help speed up follow-up.
BoldLeads: Best Overall Source to Buy Real Estate Leads
BoldLeads’ highly rated lead generation service utilizes Google advertising and customized Facebook ads that lead to a landing page offering a free listing report or guide in exchange for the visitor submitting their email address. While the number of real estate leads an agent gets can fluctuate by season, by ZIP code, or due to market conditions, customers typically get a minimum of 20 to 25 motivated real estate agent leads per month, though some customers report receiving as many as 60, making it a great value, especially for those who wanted a partner to help manage their advertising efforts.
Only accepts one agent or broker in each ZIP code
Provides partial lead information from landing page visitors
Includes an integrated CRM
Charges for onboarding
Provides partial lead information from landing page visitors
Does not include an IDX website
- Ad management service: Unlike other sources, BoldLeads does not charge by the individual lead. Instead, BoldLeads offers separate ad management programs for buyer leads and real estate seller leads. Each service is priced at a flat $299 per month plus $250 ad budget, meaning a lead can cost anywhere between $9.15 and $27.45. If you sign up for managed ads for both buyer and seller leads, BoldLeads cuts the total price to $589.
- Onboarding fee: There is a $200 onboarding fee for all plans, although it’s important to note that BoldLeads waives the onboarding fee for any one-year contract.
- Broker plans: These plans allow you to buy both buyer and seller leads for multiple agents for $899 plus advertising.
BoldLeads Paid Lead Service Features
- Lead exclusivity: BoldLeads only accepts one agent or broker in each ZIP code to avoid generating the same real estate agent leads for multiple agents.
- Training: It offers training videos and weekly webinars to ensure all agents get the most from their lead generation efforts and nurture their leads effectively through the sales cycle.
- Technology: Unlike other lead generation tools, BoldLeads has an integrated customer relationship manager (CRM), automated text messaging, and prewritten drip campaigns for nurturing leads via email.
- Landing pages: BoldLeads is one of the only platforms that allows agents to integrate landing pages with their personal website.
Zillow Premier Agent: Best Lead Source for Zillow Users
Zillow Premier Agent (ZPA) lets agents pay for their Zillow profile to be placed next to listings in their market area. This sidebar placement makes it easy for buyers looking for properties to reach out directly to an agent about specific listings. With built-in lead capture forms on every listing, real estate lead generation is extremely easy, making Zillow Premier Agent a great tool for agents and brokers who want to claim listings and leads on the Zillow platform.
Showcases your contact information on a listing sidebar
May list several agents on a property page
Does not require an extended contract
Not all leads sent by the service are real
Includes a free IDX website & lead capture forms
Zillow Premier Agent Pricing
Zillow Premier Agent charges by the lead, making it difficult to estimate costs since it can fluctuate by ZIP code, market conditions, and competition. However, most real estate agent leads cost between $20 and $60, depending on the location of the property, average sales values, and competition.
Zillow Premier Agent Paid Lead Service Features
- Agent sidebar: Zillow Premier Agent allows subscribers to place their profile on their own listings on Zillow.com while also appearing on properties where they are not the listing agent.
- Integrated CRM: It captures and stores contacts to help agents monitor and track real estate agent leads through the sales process.
- Social media advertising: Zillow Premier Agent (ZPA) Direct is a newer advertising option that provides real estate agents, teams, and brokers with real estate agent leads that Zillow generates in partnership with Facebook advertising.
Market Leader: Best Place to Buy Exclusive Real Estate Leads
Market Leader is the only lead generation tool with a guarantee not to resell leads to other agents. Market Leader uses online advertising to generate real estate agent leads for agents, and they cost between $20 and $60 per lead, depending on the time of year, market competition, and sales value of homes in a given farm area. This makes it a great option for agents and brokers who want to ensure that they are not competing with other professionals for purchased leads.
Market Leader Strengths
Market Leader Weaknesses
No monthly contract
Does not allow you to claim a ZIP code
Offers truly exclusive leads
Does not feature a CRM or IDX website
Does not charge a monthly service fee
Market Leader Pricing
Real estate agent leads sold by Market Leader can cost between $20 and $60, although pricing can vary by ZIP code and market conditions. You’ll need to call Market Leader for specific pricing in your market.
Market Leader Paid Lead Service Features
- Lead exclusivity: Market Leader will allow multiple real estate agents to operate in the same ZIP code, but they never sell the same lead to two different agents.
- Social media advertising: Market Leader uses Facebook and Google advertising to collect real estate agent leads.
REDX: Best Place to Buy FSBO & Expired Leads
REDX offers agents and brokers leads for FSBO (for sale by owner) properties, expired leads, and renters. Leads cost anywhere from $39 to $79 per month, depending on the type of lead, making it one of the most affordable lead generation platforms. Unlike other services, however, it focuses only on non-mainstream leads, which makes it a great option for agents who want to target alternative lead sources.
Low-cost source for paid leads
Focuses only on non-mainstream leads
Does not require a contract
Leads are not exclusive
Includes an auto-dialer
Does not provide web-to-lead contact forms
REDX Average Cost per Month
- Expired leads: Leads start at $59.99
- GeoLeads: Leads located near a target address or mapped area start at $49.99
- For sale by owner: Leads start at $39.99
- For rent by owner: Leads start at $79.99
- Pre-foreclosure: Leads start at $49.99
REDX Paid Lead Service Features
- Non-mainstream leads: REDX pulls data from resources like the multiple listing services (MLS), public records, and proprietary sources to give agents expired listing leads, for sale by owner (FSBO) leads, for rent by owner (FRBO) leads, and foreclosure or pre-foreclosure leads.
- Quality checks: REDX cross-checks listings and contact numbers daily.
- Auto-dialer: The service includes a built-in dialer function that allows you to contact prospective buyers and sellers directly from the interface.
ProspectNow: Best Place to Buy Off-market Leads
ProspectNow is a tool that uses various pieces of data to analyze millions of residential and commercial properties and provide you with off-market leads that are most likely to sell in the next 12 months along with contact information. You can choose to pay month-to-month or pay yearly, but the cost in either case equates to $119 per month. ProspectNow gives you the highest level of analytics and data of all the real estate lead platforms, which makes it well suited for those that want to effectively and proactively nurture leads before a property is likely to go on the market.
Does not rely on leads finding you through advertising services
Limited lead exclusivity
Lets you search for residential and commercial properties
Does not include social media advertising
You can cancel the monthly service at any time
Does not feature a CRM or web-to-lead contact forms
- Monthly fee: ProspectNow costs $119 per month for either of their packages. If you want to gain access to an additional county, the cost increases by $29 per month.
- Local plan: You can search for property information in one county and you have 500 credits per month, which equates to 500 leads.
- Metro plan: You can search in four counties, and you receive 9,000 credits per year, which equates to about 750 leads per month.
ProspectNow Paid Lead Service Features
- Proprietary database: The service features residential and commercial databases that allow you to find owners who are most likely to sell in the next 12 months based on its proprietary search algorithm.
- Direct mail: ProspectNow lets you send customized mailers directly to selected owners from the interface.
- Robust data collection: You can get owner phones, emails, and mailing addresses from the service as well as sales comps and tenant or company information.
Qazzoo: Best for Buying Leads With Real-Time Alerts
Qazzoo allows you to search for real estate leads anywhere in the country, and you can choose which ones to purchase. You pay a monthly fee to access Qazzoo, and there are three pricing packages that range from $299 to $499. Qazzoo is the only real estate lead platform that allows you to view thousands of leads from all over the country, instead of a single ZIP code, and choose who you want to contact. It also sends you real-time notifications when a new lead matches your search parameters, making it a helpful tool for those who want to be the first to respond to target leads
Lets you search based on location, price range, or credit history
Leads are not exclusive
Guaranteed good leads
Limits lead connections you can make each month
Includes real-time notification of new leads
Requires an onboarding fee
- Starter plan: $299 per month for ten credits or ten lead connections.
- Top producer plan: $399 per month for 15 credits or 15 lead connections.
- Team plan: $499 per month for 25 credits or 25 lead connections.
- Onboarding fee: $500 one-time fee for initial account setup.
Qazzoo Paid Lead Service Features
- Advanced lead filtering: Users can select leads that match their specified criteria, like location, price range, or credit history, to ensure that they are only paying for leads they want to pursue.
- Guaranteed leads: Qazzoo lets you return leads that prove to have fake or bad contact information.
- Real-time notifications: The service lets you set up alerts to notify you whenever a new lead matching your search criteria is added to Qazzoo’s database.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are there ways to get free real estate leads?
You can network with other real estate agents and create partnerships to gain free real estate agent leads. Regularly communicating with past clients and participating in community events might lead to client referrals. Read our article on other ways to generate real estate leads with no upfront cost for more guidance.
What should I consider before buying real estate agent leads?
First, consider your business goals and desired budget. Next, think about the number of leads that you need to increase your sales and how much of your advertising budget you can direct toward this effort to ensure a positive return on investment (ROI). Measuring your ongoing ROI is critical to remaining profitable.
Why does exclusivity matter for real estate leads?
Exclusivity means that a lead generation company only provides leads to one agent. This means less competition and a higher likelihood of securing a lead’s business. It’s recommended that new agents consider exclusive leads to ensure a higher chance of conversion.
Is the return good for buying real estate agent leads?
The ROI for agents who buy real estate leads can be good because the buyer or seller directly shares their information with the real estate agent in the moment of interest. Free real estate agent leads, on the other hand, may take a while to convert as they can be anywhere in the sales process.
The most effective way to tell which type of lead produces the best results is to measure the ongoing return on investment for both free and premium leads. Generally, however, it is recommended that agents establish multiple channels for lead generation.
Bottom Line: Real Estate Agent Leads
A steady supply of potential clients is vital to success and sales. Free real estate agent leads are great, but many agents turn to targeted advertising since it’s a proven method to acquire more clients. Select a lead generation platform based on cost, type of real estate agent leads desired, usability, and customer support.