AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard®
Business owners that frequently fly American Airlines
- Earn up to 60,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles Earn 50,000 miles after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days. Earn 10,000 miles when a purchase is made on an employee card.
- Earn 2X AAdvantage® miles for every one dollar spent on eligible American Airlines purchases, eligible office supply, telecom and car rental merchants.
- Earn 1X AAdvantage® miles for every one dollar spent on all other purchases.
- 5% AAdvantage® mileage bonus earned every year after your account anniversary date based on the total number of miles earned using your card.
- A large introductory bonus offer
- Discounted companion certificate
- First free checked bag
- No 0% APR offer
- No lounge access
- No TSA Pre✓®
- First free checked Bag: Get one free checked bag for you and up to four companions.
- Companion Certificate: Receive one discounted companion ticket, each card anniversary after meeting spending requirements.
- Preferred boarding: You and o to four companions can board before economy boarding.
- Inflight discounts: You’ll receive a 25% discount on inflight food and beverage purchases.
- AAdvantage Elite Status Benefits: Earn Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) that can be applied toward American Airlines tiered elite statuses and benefits including upgrades and free checked bags.
The AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® is an excellent travel card designed for business owners who fly primarily with American Airlines. This small business credit card offers rewards that can be used for free flights. It also offers travel perks like a free checked bag, preferred boarding, companion certificate, and discounted inflight purchases.
Who the AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® Is Best For
- Owners who fly frequently with American Airlines: The AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® offers travel rewards that can be redeemed for free flights. This is best for travelers who usually check in a bag as it offers one free checked bag for the cardholder and up to four eligible companions.
How We Evaluate Travel Rewards Business Credit Cards
When evaluating the best travel cards, we weigh introductory rewards, ongoing rewards, and additional benefits the heaviest. These features affect the value you’ll get by using the card the most. We also consider the annual fee as well as the introductory and ongoing annual percentage rates (APRs).
Highest Possible Score
AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® Fees
- Introductory APR: None
- Ongoing APR: 15.99% or 24.99% variable, which will adjust with the prime rate
- Annual fee: $95
- Balance transfer fee: Either $5, or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Cash advance fee: Either $10, or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® Rewards
- 2x AAdvantage® miles for every dollar spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- 2x AAdvantage® miles for every dollar spent at eligible office supply, telecom, and car rental purchases
- 1x AAdvantage® miles for every dollar spent on all other purchases
- 5% AAdvantage® mileage bonus earned every year after your account anniversary date
Welcome offer: Earn 65,000 miles after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days. Earn 10,000 miles when a purchase is made on an employee card
You can redeem your miles by booking flights with American Airlines and its affiliates, including Cathay Pacific Airways, British Airway, Finnair, Qantas, S7 Airlines, Japan Airlines, SriLankan Airlines, and Malaysia Airlines. You can book a one-way American Airlines flight with as few as 7,500 miles.
You can also redeem miles for seat upgrades to either business class or first class on American Airlines or an affiliate airline. Upgrades start for as low as 5,000 miles on a full-fare economy ticket and 15,000 miles plus $75 on a discounted economy ticket.
AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® Features
First Checked Bag Free
The AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® offers one free checked bag for you and up to four companions when traveling with American Airlines on domestic itineraries. Your companions should be listed on the same reservation to be eligible. While this benefit can save you up to $125 in baggage fees, it does not extend to bags that are oversized and overweight.
The AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® offers a companion ticket that can be used for airfare for one guest after spending $30,000 on eligible purchases. This ticket can be booked on domestic flights within the 48 states that American Airlines services. Companion certificates will cost you $99 plus $21.60 to $43.40 in government taxes and fees. It’s redeemable after your account anniversary every year. The account needs to be open 45 days after the anniversary to qualify.
The AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® cardholders are allowed to board before the main cabin tickets. You and up to four customers booked on the same reservation can board in Group Five before economy class boards.
Discounted Inflight Purchases
You can get 25% off American Airlines inflight purchases, including food and beverages, but it doesn’t include Wi-Fi access or inflight entertainment. This discount applies to domestic flights operated by American Airlines and affiliate airlines, including Compass Airlines, LLC, Envoy Air Inc., Mesa Airlines, Piedmont Airlines, PSA Airlines, Republic Airlines, or SkyWest Airlines.
AAdvantage Elite Status Benefits
The AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® cardmembers can earn Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) that can be used for American Airlines tiered elite statuses. Elite status comes with additional free checked bags, priority boarding, and seat upgrades. Cardholders earn $3,000 in anniversary EQDs when they spend $25,000 in a calendar year.
AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® Alternatives
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®
Frequent American Airlines flyers who want premium airline perks
- 2 AAdvantage® miles on telecommunications, car rental, gas station purchases
- 2 AAdvantage® mile on eligible American Airlines purchases
- 1 AAdvantage® mile on other purchases
- First checked bag free
- Terms Apply
- Excellent introductory bonus offer
- Free first checked bag
- Priority boarding on American Airlines flights
- No airport lounge access
- Blackout dates for select booking
- Some rewards redemption fees may apply
- Free checked bag: Check one bag for free for you and up to four companions traveling with you to domestic itineraries if they are listed on the same reservation
- Preferred boarding: You and up to four traveling companions will be able to board once priority boarding is complete but before the rest of economy boards
- American Airlines companion certificate: Earn one $99 domestic economy fare—plus $21.60 to $43.40 in government taxes and fees—after you make at least $30,000 in eligible purchases each 12-month period before your card anniversary date
- Savings on inflight purchases: Receive a 25% discount on inflight food, beverage, and Wi-Fi purchases you make with your CitiBusiness credit card
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
Unlimited 2x miles with every swipe
- Introductory reward worth $500 in travel after you spend $4,500 within the first three months
- 2x miles per $1 spent
- 5x miles on hotel and rental car bookings through the issuer
- Issue employee cards for free
- No foreign transaction fees
- TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry application fee credit
- You’ll pay an annual fee after the first year
- Doesn’t offer interest-free financing
- Airport security screening reimbursement: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry or an $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every four years.
- Purchase assurance: Most purchases made entirely with your card are covered if damaged or stolen within 90 days from the date of purchase. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder account per 12 month period.
- Extended warranty coverage: Doubles the original warranty time period and duplicates the coverage of the original manufacturer’s warranty up to a maximum of 12 months on most items you purchase.
- Travel medical emergency assitance: Provide referrals to medical services if you have a medical emergency while traveling. You’re covered if you’re 100 or more miles away from home and from the day you leave until midnight of the 60th day of your trip, or the day you return to your city of residence, whichever is sooner.
The Business Platinum® Card from American Express
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Gaining access to unrivaled travel rewards and luxury travel perks like airport lounge access
- Earn 85,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Platinum Card plus earn 5x points on eligible purchases in 5 select business categories, up to 80,000 bonus points per category, all within the first 3 months of Card Membership.† Terms Apply.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when you book on amextravel.com.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- PAY OVER TIME OPTION: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.
- Terms Apply.
- Free access to over 1,200 airport lounges worldwide
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® membership fee reimbursements
- Balance is due in full monthly
- Steep $595 annual fee
- American Express lounges: Free access to American Express’ network of Centurion lounges located in slightly less than one dozen U.S. airports.
- Other airport lounges: Priority Pass Select membership, which gets you free access to more than 1,000 lounges worldwide for you and two guests.
- Airport screening: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry every four years or $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every 4½ years.
- Travel credit: A $200 annual statement credit toward air travel expenses like baggage fees and inflight food and drink.
- Rental status: Elite status at a number of car rental agencies.
- Free Wi-Fi: 10 annual free Gogo inflight Wi-Fi passes.
- Rebate for redeemed points: 35% points rebate if you book a business or first-class flight, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Dell statement credit: Up to $200 in statement credits annually for Dell purchases.
The AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® is best for business owners who fly regularly with American Airlines and its affiliates. This travel card allows you to earn rewards that can be used for free flights. If this is not the card you are looking for, visit our credit card marketplace to see a list of our other top choices.