Business Green Rewards Card from American Express
Employee expense management solutions
- Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases with the Business Green Rewards Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn one Membership Rewards® point for each dollar you spend on eligible purchases
- Choose rewards from over 500 leading brands in travel, gift cards, merchandise or entertainment
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95
- Terms & Limitations Apply
Note: The information related to the Business Green Rewards Card from American Express has been collected by fitsmallbusiness.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.
- Free employee cards
- No interest charges
- Expense management solutions designed to give companies more control
- $95 annual fee after the first year
- Balance is due in full every month
- No introductory 0% APR offer
- Purchase protection: Covers purchases that were either stolen or damaged within 120 days from the purchase date. Coverage is limited to $1,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per year.
- Extended warranty protection: Provides extended warranties on purchases with original manufacturer’s warranties of up to five years. The issuer offers up to two years of additional coverage.
- Travel accident insurance: You’ll have coverage of up to $100,000 for losses that happen within 100 days after the date of the accident which caused the injury.
The American Express Business Green Rewards Card is an excellent rewards card designed for business owners who travel frequently. Unlike typical credit cards, the Card allows you to carry a balance for certain charges, but not all.
Who the American Express Business Green Rewards Card Is Right For
- Owners who travel frequently: The American Express Business Green Rewards Card is best for business owners who travel often and are seeking to earn rewards they can redeem for travel expenses. This card also offers several travel perks and protection.
- Owners who can pay their balance in full every month: The American Express Business Green Rewards Card is a business card and unlike typical credit cards, the Card allows you to carry a balance for certain charges, but not all.
How We Evaluate Travel Rewards Business Credit Cards
When grading travel rewards business credit cards like the American Express Business Green Rewards Card, we weigh ongoing rewards, introductory rewards, and additional features the heaviest. We also consider the card’s annual fee, introductory 0% annual percentage rate (APR) period, and ongoing APRs.
American Express Business Green Rewards Card Fees
- Introductory APR: None
- Ongoing APR: If you are invited to use the Pay Over Time feature, the APR is 18.24%, which adjusts with the prime rate.
- Annual fee: $95; waived for the first year
- Balance transfer fee: Transfers are not allowed
- Foreign transaction fee: 2.7% of each transaction after conversion to United States dollars
- Cash advance fee: Cash advances are not allowed
The American Express Business Green Rewards Card offers an invitation-only Pay Over Time feature that can help ease the monthly repayment requirement. The Pay Over Time feature allows cardholders to pay charges over time with an interest of 18.24%. If you’re enrolled, eligible charges will automatically be shown in your Pay Over Time balance on your credit card statement.
American Express Business Green Rewards Card Rewards
- 2x points for each dollar you spend on eligible purchases at amextravel.com
- 1x points for each dollar you spend on eligible purchases
Welcome offer: Earn 15,000 membership rewards points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases within the first three months of card membership
You can redeem a minimum of 5,000 points to book travel on American Express Travel. Plus, you can transfer points to another frequent flyer program for an additional cost of 0.25 cents per point, with a maximum fee of $99.
American Express Business Green Rewards Card Features
The American Express Business Green Rewards Card offers a 24-hour dispatch hotline that can help you get in touch with roadside service providers in case of an emergency. The roadside assistance hotline is free. However, you will be responsible for the costs of any goods or services provided. You can request for services like towing, winching, jump-starts, flat-tire change, delivery of gas, and lockout services.
The American Express Business Green Rewards Card covers purchased items that were either stolen or damaged within 120 days from the purchase date and 90 days for New York residents. The coverage is limited to $1,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per year. Items that are not covered by the protection include tickets, gift cards, unique items, preowned goods, motorized vehicles, cash or its equivalent, rented items, permanent fixtures, and items for resale.
Extended Warranty Protection
Extended warranties are offered on purchases with original manufacturer’s warranties of five years or less. American Express will offer two additional years of warranty if the original warranty is between two and five years and match the original warranty if it is less than two years. Motorized devices, fixtures, real estate, consumable items, animals, living plants, and items with unconditional satisfaction guarantees are few of the items that are not covered.
Travel Accident Insurance
Travel accident insurance of up to $100,000 is available to cover losses within 100 days after the date of the car accident. This insurance covers losses like death or loss of limbs, sight, or hearing. The entire trip fare should have been charged to your American Express credit card to be eligible for this coverage.
Baggage Insurance Plan
The American Express Business Green Rewards Card offers a baggage insurance plan for any lost bags in direct transit. It provides coverage ranging between $250 and $1,250 for carry-on bags, checked bags, and high-risk items. Cash or its equivalent, tickets, documents, medicines, prosthetics, and properties shipped are freight are few of the items that are excluded from the coverage.
Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
The American Express Business Green Rewards Card provides car rental loss and damage insurance up to $50,000 per car rental agreement. It covers rental cars for the first 30 consecutive days of a rental agreement. Some incidents are not covered, such as intentional damage, manufacturing defects, theft of or damage to tires, damage of any other vehicle, and damage to any property other than the rental vehicle.
Global Assist Hotline
Cardholders of American Express Business Green Rewards Card can access a global assistance hotline when traveling farther than 100 miles from home. This hotline provides access to medical, legal, financial, or other emergency services and is available 24 hours a day. Any fees charged by third-party providers will be for the account of the cardholder.
American Express Business Green Rewards Card Alternatives
Chase Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
Office-based businesses that want top cash back rewards
- Earn $750 bonus cash back after you spend $7,500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year
- Earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year. Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases
- With Fraud Protection your card transactions will be monitored for possible signs of fraudulent activity using real-time fraud monitoring.
- With Zero Liability you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your card or account information.
- No Annual Fee
- Redeem rewards for cash back, gift cards, travel and more through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
- Top rewards for office supply spending
- Introductory APR on purchases
- Cash sign-up bonus
- 0% APR doesn’t apply to balance transfers
- High balance transfer fee of 5%
- Designed mainly for office-oriented companies
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the United States and abroad.
- Purchase protection: Covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account per year.
- Extended warranty protection: Extends the time period of the US manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year on eligible warranties of 3 years or less.
American Express Business Platinum Card®
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Gaining access to unrivaled travel rewards and luxury travel perks like airport lounge access
- Welcome Offer: Earn 120,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, 0% Intro APR for 12 months from the date of the account opening on purchases eligible for Pay Over Time. After that, your APR will be 14.24% to 22.24% based on your credit worthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Earn 1.5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible purchases in key business categories, as well as on purchases of $5,000 or more everywhere else. Cap applies.
- Unlock over $1,000 in value per year for statement credits on select purchases with your Card, including up to $400 with Dell Technologies, up to $360 with Indeed, up to $150 with Adobe and up to $120 on wireless telephone purchases. Enrollment required.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year toward baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- Access to more than 1,300 airport lounges across 140 countries and counting with The American Express Global Lounge Collection®. More lounge options than any other credit card on the market as of 8/2020.
- $595 Annual Fee ($695 if application is received on or after 01/13/2022).
- Terms Apply.
- Free access to more than 1,300 airport lounges worldwide
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® membership fee reimbursements
- Balance is due in full monthly
- Steep $595 annual fee
- American Express lounges: Free access to American Express’ network of Centurion lounges located in slightly less than a dozen US airports.
- Other airport lounges: Priority Pass Select membership, which gets you free access to more than 1,300 lounges worldwide for you and two guests.
- Airport screening: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry every 4 years or $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every 4 1/2 years.
- Travel credit: Up to $200 annual statement credit toward air travel expenses like baggage fees and inflight food and drink.
- Rental status: Elite status at a number of car rental agencies.
- Free Wi-Fi: 10 annual free Gogo inflight Wi-Fi passes.
- Rebate for redeemed points: 35% points rebate if you book a business or first-class flight, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Dell statement credit: Up to $400 in statement credits annually for Dell purchases.
Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business
Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business
Earning unlimited 2% cash back
- Introductory reward worth $500 after you spend $4,500 within the first three months
- 2% cash back on every purchase
- Issue employee cards for free
- No limit to the amount of rewards you can earn
- Lucrative welcome offer
- Lacks a 0% APR offer
- Annual fee is only waived for 12 months
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad.
- Purchase protection: Covers your new purchases for up to 90 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim.
The American Express Business Green Rewards Card is best for business owners who travel frequently and can pay their balance in full every month. This business card also comes with several travel perks and features. If this card is not what you’re looking for, compare other top cards in our credit card marketplace.