The best call tracking software offer features that complement call and text attribution, such as caller information capture, call recording, call management, and real-time analytics—optimizing sales and marketing efforts. Niche call tracking capabilities include security certifications, interactive voice response (IVR), and extensive integrations.
After evaluating dozens of providers, here are the seven best call tracking services for small business:
- CallTrackingMetrics: Best overall software for multi-channel, intelligent call tracking
- CallRail: Leading choice for businesses needing plenty of call transcription minutes
- WhatConverts: Top choice for monitoring and tracking ecommerce engagements
- CallFire: Best for global businesses needing international reference numbers
- Retreaver: Excellent for marketers needing a customizable, low-cost plan
- Convirza: Best call tracking option for advanced call routing
- Ringba: Ideal for companies wanting a seamless, white label solution
Best Call Tracking Software Services at a Glance
Monthly Starting Price
FSB Rating out of 5
$39 plus usage
$45 plus usage
Pay-as-you-go pricing of 6 cents per minute or text
Free version, $99 for paid plans
CallTrackingMetrics: Best Overall Software for Multi-channel, Intelligent Call Tracking
*Pricing is based on monthly billing and is exclusive of usage fees; save on up to two months’ subscription with annual billing.
CallTrackingMetrics is the top choice for call tracking software because of its full suite of omnichannel routing features for inbound text, chat, forms, and calls. Its intelligent call routing informs you of where calls come from and directs the inbound call to the appropriate person. Routing is customizable and can be based on the caller’s online activity and purchase history or your team’s existing team schedule or structure.
These features are excellent for companies executing multi-channel marketing campaigns, making monitoring and attributing online and offline leads easy. All plans come with over 25 value-packed features, including local and toll-free tracking numbers in over 80 countries. CallTrackingMetrics also offers advanced telephony features like real-time reporting, number porting, and call recording.
However, CallTrackingMetrics does not offer a free trial. For phone tracking beginners or those who want to explore what the technology has to offer, try Convirza. The budget-friendly provider offers a monthly fee of $99 and a 21-day risk-free trial with no contract or credit card requirements.
- Robust call analytics and dashboard: CallTrackingMetrics monitors the volume of inbound leads by source, ads return on investment, and sales pipeline efficiency. Custom filters generate automated insights based on the data your business needs. It allows users to watch live feeds of campaigns.
- Dynamic number insertion (DNI): This feature automatically connects offline activities like phone calls to the advertising source that generated them—offering business-critical insights with each call and communication.
- Form tracking: CallTrackingMetrics automates data collection and analysis with its online form tool called FormReactor. The feature instantly tracks and engages leads with auto-generated calls and text message follow-ups. Alternatively, users can build forms using Google Forms and connect that file to CallTrackingMetrics’ call script settings for real-time data insights.
CallRail: Best Call Tracking Software With Call Transcription Minutes
*Pricing is based on monthly billing and is exclusive of usage fees; save up to 10% with a yearly plan.
CallRail is the top tracking software if you’re looking for a provider offering call transcription minutes. It offers up to 10,000 minutes with two of its plans. CallRail’s transcription is one of its most powerful tools because it allows you to read through conversations between customers and your team. Transcripts make it easy to scan and process discussions and refer to exact points from conversations for follow-through and training purposes.
Click on the call recording’s waveform, and you get access to call transcripts that enable you to pick up key points without listening to the whole recording. Call recordings enable your sales team to document conversations and return to look back on conversations to generate better insights and deliver better customer service.
All its plans come with five free local numbers, 250 minutes, 100 text messages, and DNI. Its top two tiers come with 1,000 form submissions. However, CallRail’s phone numbers are limited to the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and Australia. If you need extensive international call tracking and service beyond these countries, consider CallTrackingMetrics. It offers phone numbers and services in more than 80 countries.
- Automation rules: This feature locates predefined key terms, which CallRail uses to classify your interactions automatically. The system will score, tag, or assign a value based on the criteria set by indicating the priority interactions.
- Call highlights: This suggests relevant and actionable keywords based on call transcripts and reports—breaking down important phrases and terms captured in your calls.
- Custom IVR: CallRail’s call flow builder lets you set up intelligent routing for how and where you want calls to progress. Choose from different call forwarding options like simulcall, round-robin, and geo-routing.
To learn more about CallRail, check out our detailed CallRail review with information on pricing, features, and best use cases.
WhatConverts: Best for Monitoring Ecommerce Engagements
*All plans come with one account, except for the Agency plan, which offers multiple accounts.
WhatConverts is the leading competitor for tracking ecommerce performance, enabling users to monitor transactions using Google Analytics. It sends alerts of online commercial transactions directly to your Analytics account, measuring shopping activity and revenue generated by leads. Get valuable insights into product purchases, item impressions, and peak times or seasons. It also tracks transaction data showing which mediums generate page views.
WhatConverts’ base plan starts at $30 and comes with lead management. It offers basic marketing channels, keyword reporting, and call recording and greeting messages. It also offers white labeling features, giving you full use of your branding even while on the platform—from your dashboard to notification emails. This additional service costs $50 per month.
Unfortunately, WhatConverts does not have built-in features for text message tracking. The platform captures incoming text messages but requires third-party integrations for lead tracking and management for SMS (short messaging service). If you need text tracking, try CallTrackingMetrics, which offers text tracking and attribution.
- Multi-ring: Functionality to route and distribute calls to multiple destination numbers simultaneously. This ensures no calls are unanswered, and reports indicate which agent answered the call.
- Marketing reports: Get regular insights with WhatConverts’ monthly summary marketing report, which offers an overview of marketing leads. Standard sections include but are not limited to total leads for the month, leads by method, and top marketing sources and campaign keywords.
- Number porting: Repurpose your telephone numbers and add tracking functionality with CallRail. For example, if you’re switching carriers, request to transfer your existing number to WhatConverts for continued use. CallRail’s support team assists users in the process and offers a sample letter of authorization for the transfer.
CallFire: Best for Global Businesses Needing International Reference Numbers
*CallFire users can cancel anytime, and there are no setup fees; save up to 20% with annual plans.
CallFire provides international call and data tracking and has an extensive database of virtual phone numbers, allowing you to create a local and global presence. Users can purchase reference numbers for different countries and connect their call center with Google Analytics and Facebook Ads. CallFire’s local 10-digit tracking phone numbers are also textable, ideal for having one-on-one SMS conversations.
CallFire is a business phone system with IVRs and voice and text broadcasting that offers outreach monitoring solutions. It has out-of-the-box features, such as inbound call recording and whisper messages, to notify agents of a call’s source. CallFire integrates with customer relationship management (CRM) software, providing agents access to customer history and notes in a single interface.
Unfortunately, reviews indicate spam and robocalls get through CallFire tracking numbers. For spam detection features, consider CallRail. Anti-spam features are part of each CallRail account. It checks phone numbers of incoming calls against known telemarketer and robodialer databases and routes the call to your tracking number if the number is cleared.
- Voice broadcasts: CallFire’s broadcast solution lets you send important alerts and promotions to leads in seconds.
- IVR: The platform’s IVR system enables users to set up polls, surveys, appointment reminders, and payments for both inbound and outbound users. CallRail’s IVR features include auto-attendants, call recording, analytics, and call routing.
- Unlimited forwarding phone numbers: As a call forwarding service, CallFire provides unlimited local or toll-free forwarding phone numbers with tracking capabilities. Set up unlimited extensions that will route incoming calls to any forwarding number.
Retreaver: Best for Marketers Needing an Affordable & Customizable Plan
Retreaver’s flexible, pay-as-you-go pricing allows you to pay for only what services you’ve consumed, ideal for small businesses on a tight budget. Its base plan is $25 monthly with 15 numbers and 200 minutes. This is great for small teams with low-volume calls that want to generate insights for marketing efforts.
While Retreaver is a tracking service, it comes with intelligent call routing and automated workflows anchored on call center data. Analyze Retreaver’s conversion reports to determine the best marketing channels and track performance. Other features available on the platform are toll-free numbers, IVR, call data, and call scheduling. New users can create a free account and claim a $5 credit from Retreaver.
Convirza also offers pay-as-you-go pricing, but Retreaver provides more robust integrations and lets users design scalable, personalized caller journeys. While Retreaver has a flexible pricing option, some prefer a set subscription over dynamic billing that changes monthly. If you are a growing small business looking for a subscription-based tracking service, check out CallRail. It’s a full-featured solution offering customizable, data-driven call tracking services.
- Multi-channel call attribution: Track each call from online and offline campaigns based on their channels and sources. Retreaver notes your leads from different channels and gathers insights for real-time analytics you can use to bring about revenue growth.
- Per client billing: Create billings that are unique to each of your clients. Drill down to the details, such as calls, campaigns, and numbers used.
- Ad and keyword tracking: Easily capture each unique click ID and track the keyword or campaign that generated each call. Ad tracking follows customers’ online journeys and gathers insights based on behavior and preferences, enabling businesses to launch more relevant and targeted ads.
Convirza: Best Tracking Software for Advanced Routing Capabilities
Convirza is the best choice for businesses looking for an advanced phone routing system with call tracking solutions. It optimizes phone conversions by combining tracking with phone call analysis. Unlike other solutions that offer basic phone services with call metrics, Convirza leverages artificial intelligence (AI)-powered call analysis using speech recognition and next-level algorithms to assess leads.
Its call management and routing capabilities include call recording, downloading, IVR, and a call workflow builder. Each account has a voicemail box and a year of data storage. All these features come with a monthly fee and a decreasing cost of use for numbers, minutes, and texts, as you purchase higher plans.
While Convirza has extensive call management capabilities, it does not have a mobile app. For businesses that need the flexibility offered by a mobile app, try CallRail. Its mobile applications allow you to stay connected from home or the office. The platform has a user-friendly main dashboard for easy account management and offers comprehensive tracking reports.
- Local and toll-free numbers: Convirza lets users create toll-free numbers to track and generate local phone numbers to target specific locations. Convirza’s tracking numbers are cheaper than other options, coming in at $1 each under the highest plan.
- Manual scorecards: Create personalized scorecards for monitoring numbers or agents. These scorecards are great for tracking performance, like how well a new employee sells.
- Outbound tracking numbers: Convirza offers outbound number tracking, a feature not all call track platforms offer. To link data to calls automatically, agents key in a pin and dial the specific tracking number.
Ringba: Excellent for Companies Needing a White Label Solution
Ringba lets businesses fully customize and control their phone system and telecom portals. It has a white label builder for customizing domain names and personalizing Ringba accounts using your brand’s color scheme and logo. White labeling reduces marketing and production costs, while seamlessly immersing customers in your brand. Without this option, users need to contract another provider or engineer a custom back-end that would be more expensive.
In addition to custom dashboards, Ringba users can access built-in reporting capabilities that allow you to monitor your marketing campaigns effectively. Ringba helps users track and optimize campaigns, but according to some customer reviews, it could take some time to get used to. If you have a small team or are looking for a simple system, check out CallFire, which has a more user-friendly interface.
- AI-powered call flow automation: Use AI to harness insights and improve decision-making. Ringba automates call flow based on load and overall agent performance. Route calls based on interest, agent expertise, keywords, and location and easily create custom IVR menus that improve call flow efficiency.
- Robust tracking of calls: Ringba tracks information on callers, so you know the source of interest for optimal engagement. Other tracking system features include call recording, dynamic number pools, and ring trees.
- Data collection: It collects extensive caller information, such as homeowner data, lifestyle trends and behaviors, interest profiles, and financials.
How We Evaluated the Best Tracking Software
We evaluated several call tracking software and service providers that help businesses automate the tracking and data review process. Our review examined essential criteria, including pricing, general features, ease of use, and customer support. From there, we chose the top seven providers offering the best value for money and essential services small businesses need.
Learn how we evaluated the best call tracking software by clicking on the tabs below:
15% of Overall Score
Budget-friendly rates and value for money are the primary considerations for pricing. We considered which tracking providers publish pricing information and offer free trials and versions. Moreover, we looked at the monthly subscription cost and checked for discount options, such as volume-based discounts or annual billing savings.
30% of Overall Score
We examined each provider to determine if they offer popular tracking software features like call recording, transcription, and forwarding. Customer report builders are essential to tracking and attribution, so having this feature earned providers higher points. We also evaluated the availability of CRM integrations.
20% of Overall Score
Niche features for call tracking services include advanced tools like manual IVR, government compliance, and lead management capabilities. Additionally, we checked for the extent of each solution’s third-party integrations.
10% of Overall Score
The score for ease of use is based on the technical know-how required to operate the interface. Part of the evaluation examined whether the design is intuitive and easy to use, especially for those with limited IT experience.
10% of Overall Score
We factored in the types of support channels the provider offers, such as phone, live chat, and an email ticketing system. Higher points were awarded if all support channels are available 24/7.
15% of Overall Score
We evaluated each tracking vendor based on popularity, unique or standout features, ease of use, and the overall value for the price.
The best phone call tracking software helps businesses track their campaign’s full return on investment (ROI) and gain insights to drive higher-quality leads. Tracking calls and texts enrich engagements, assisting small businesses in determining which activities spark audience interest.
Our evaluation puts CallTrackingMetrics at the top of this list, making it the best tracking tool for calls for its intelligent, omnichannel routing. Its key features include conversation analytics that use AI to capture customer phone call journey data. Try out any plan for the first month for free.