8 Best Real Estate Database Software
This article is part of a larger series on How to Become a Real Estate Agent.
A real estate agent database is a powerful tool that stores all information about your business. When building a database, agents should enlist workflows, automations, and notifications, so repetitive tasks don’t get missed. Databases contain client contacts, vendor contacts, real estate documents and templates, listing information, marketing content, and client paperwork. They can be simple or robust—as long as they help you manage and grow your business.
We’ve identified the top eight databases for real estate agents that will help your business grow:
- Placester: Ideal database for website creation by experts or self-managing IDX (Internet Data Exchange)-listing websites and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Dotloop: Excellent database for storing client paperwork and transaction documents
- GoDaddy: Recommended for brokerages needing a database to manage multiple website domains
- ProspectsPLUS!: Best real estate database for organizing direct mail materials
- CityBlast: Most robust database for building a real estate-specific social media presence
- Fiverr: Best for agencies wanting access to the largest directory of customizable freelance services
- Reonomy: Best property database for gathering data and contact information about commercial properties
- Pipedrive: Recommended as the best customer relationship management (CRM) database for organizing clients and sales pipelines
Best Real Estate Databases at a Glance
$100 per month (NAR member discount available)
Phone, email, and virtual concierge
$31.99 per month
10 free real estate transactions
Live chat, phone, and email
(with an annual commitment)
Phone, text, and chat
73 cents per postcard,
$1.90 per flier,
$2.38 per brochure
Phone, email, and live chat
Custom annual pricing; Facebook Business page setup costs $199.99
Phone and email
Varies by freelancer; starts at around $5
Varies by freelancer
$49 per user, per month
Phone, email, and live chat
$14.90 per user, per month
Email and live chat
Placester: Best Database for Managing IDX-listing Websites & SEO
What We Like
- IDX integrations
- Expert-built websites and unlimited updates forever
- Codeless website development
- Third-party integrations are available with Advanced and Office plans only
- Website customization limited in the Starter plan
- IDX support fee for managing IDX integration
- Customer support available by phone and email
- Thousands of partner integrations
- Creates mobile responsive websites
- Additional websites starting at $25
- Service marketplace available for creative assistance
- Month-to-month plans
- Customer review rating of 3.6 out of 5
Placester is a codeless website builder creating IDX websites that connect to a robust database, helping manage back-office tasks, individual agent websites, profiles, and internal onboarding. The platform can work alongside agents and brokerages as they scale their business to multiple team members or build the website for them. The websites created through Placester include built-in SEO tools to increase website visibility and drive more leads.
In addition to do-it-yourself websites, Placester offers a “Do It For Me” (DIFM) option that streamlines the creation process and leaves the heavy lifting to professionals. Simply answer questions pertaining to the style and type of website you desire and design professionals will present a website draft to you within 48 hours. You’ll meet with your design professional and review the draft to make any needed changes. After approval, your website will be published and ready to receive leads. Plus, you’ll get unlimited website updates forever.
Placester allows agents to have a brokerage management tool unlike all the other real estate software, which focus efforts solely on client management. The platform is built to accommodate larger teams and provide features to individual agents within a team opportunity for lead generation and individual CRMs. Although it does come with a simple CRM, the integration allows Placester to be connected to other robust platforms to assist with lead management and nurturing. Read our Placester review to learn more about this platform.
Clients of Placester enjoyed the ability to launch a great website without any prior website development knowledge. The intuitive design was especially helpful when trying to scale with a small team. Other positive reviews were regarding customer service and the exceptional help clients received when contacting support.
Some users were disappointed in the IDX feed and the properties that were pulled into searches. Others found the cost of the platform to be too expensive for their team on a per-user basis. Those who would like to explore more cost-effective solutions can check out Propertybase from our list of the Best Real Estate Lead Generation Websites.
- Starter plan: $100 per month for a responsive website, IDX tools, CRM, testimonial display, unlimited website pages and posts, and online support
- Advanced plan: $190 per month for everything included in the Starter plan plus third-party integrations, role-based admin access, custom landing pages, access to the media library, and advance lead capture
- Office Builder plan: $240 per month for features included in the Starter and Advanced plans, plus individual agent website, agent roster page, onboarding tools, and CRM for agents
Dotloop: Best Database for Client Paperwork & Document Storage
What We Like
- Success coaching provided
- Benefits available for growing teams and brokerages
- Unlimited transactions
- Custom branding is not available in the Premium plan
- No free trial
- Team and office pricing are not transparent
- Over 75 API integrations
- Ability to collect e-signatures
- Available mobile application
- On-demand training webinars
- Automated workflows provided
- Customer review rating of 4.67 out of 5
Dotloop is a helpful tool for real estate agents who need a database for creating and storing documents needed for transaction management and simplifying the deal closing process. It’s an all-in-one system that contains templates for all documents required in the closing process, so agents no longer have to spend time drafting up individual documents for every deal. Agents can keep a paperless office by sending, receiving, and storing signed documents quickly with Dotloop.
Dotloop’s mobile app allows agents to quickly send documents through their phones, and the management solution offers visibility into deal activity. Its integration with back-office solutions and CRMs makes connecting client profiles and documents easy. Overall, the solution lets agents focus on prospecting and closing business and not spending their time with paperwork.
With this real estate database software, agents are able to use its storage capacity for important documentation that they’re legally required to store. This way, agents and brokerages comply with their real estate boards and have the information on hand for future use.
Positive reviews of Dotloop speak to its simplicity and affordability. Users appreciate the ability to customize the documents storage page to show the most frequently used documents at the top for easy access. They also like that the tool allows clients to sign documents right on a mobile phone. The templates are helpful, so documents can be prepared for every client with an auto-fill feature to save time.
Negative reviews were mostly due to the customer service experience. The response times were too long and their business hours were too limited, especially when supporting a real estate industry that often works extended hours. For a document signature and storage database that has extended customer service hours, check out SkySlope, which provides customer service 24/7.
For additional document database platforms, review our article 6 Best Real Estate Document Management Software.
- Dotloop Premium: $31.99 per month for unlimited transactions, document editor, secure backup, and SMS communications
- Dotloop for Teams: Custom pricing; it has added branding, transaction visibility, a dedicated success manager, and transaction templates
- Dotloop Business+: Pricing for brokerage is also customized; brokerages receive additional multi-office compliance, Dotloop API, and advanced reporting features
GoDaddy: Recommended Database for Managing Multiple Website Domains
What We Like
- 24/7 support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Can connect a custom domain
- No month-to-month payment plans
- Website add-on plans can be confusing
- Free features are only offered on annual plans
- Expert services available for hire
- Social media integrations
- Drag-and-drop website editing
- Websites and marketing analytics dashboard
- Customer review rating of 4.7 out of 5
GoDaddy is a website hosting and domain registration database with a website builder included. Agents can purchase multiple domains through the platform for as little as one cent each, and the platform will store and remind you when you need to renew your domain. When searching for domains with GoDaddy, they’ll suggest alternate domains if one is already taken, but also provide domains with alternative endings.
When purchasing domains, GoDaddy offers multiple registration lengths starting from one year to 10 years. It also offers Full Domain Protection, protecting your personal information and preventing spam. If agents add the website builder, they can choose from varying plans, including a website chat bot, website security, and a marketing analytics dashboard. Since the price point for many domains is quite affordable, it’s a great tool for new real estate agents who want to claim their domain early in their career.
Most databases don’t offer domain services like GoDaddy. Some website databases can connect to your domain, but don’t provide any domain management solutions if you oversee multiple brands. Other database solutions also don’t offer ecommerce website options alongside their real estate IDX website.
Users of GoDaddy responded well to its customer service, friendliness, and responsiveness. Many say the affordable pricing structure makes it easy to collect multiple domains if needed, and the pricing structure gives users multiple plan options to choose from. Some users have even been customers for more than 20 years without having an issue with their website hosting.
Most negative reviews were about the auto-renewals of domain URLs. Some clients forgot that their auto-renew was active and, after a few years, forgot they would incur a charge. Others forgot they had to renew their site; therefore, their websites went down when the renewal wasn’t processed.
If you still want to build a website without using a direct website hosting site, check out Weebly on our list of Top 6 Real Estate Website Builders for website building needs. Weebly supports individual agent sites under one team.
- Basic Plan: $11.99 per month, billed annually for tools to launch a website with marketing and payment functionality
- Premium Plan: $21.99 per month, billed annually best for boosting marketing and taking online payments
- Commerce Plan: $24.99 per month, billed annually for an online store, marketplace, and point of sale for transactions
- Commerce Plus Plan: $44.99 per month, billed annually for a website with expanded online sales tools and automation
ProspectsPLUS!: Best Real Estate Database for Organizing Direct Mail Materials
What We Like
- Supports real estate farming
- Every Day Direct Mailer distribution
- Affordable pricing options for all budgets
- Does not connect to CRM or website
- No social media integrations
- Not mobile-friendly
- Customizable design templates
- Targeted mailing lists
- Return on investment (ROI) calculator
- Verified mailing list for address accuracy
- Customer review rating of 4.93 out of 5
ProspectsPLUS! is a direct mail marketing company that provides agents access to millions of addresses. Agents can choose prospective client addresses based on demographics, lifestyle, and interests, or use their MapMyMail solution, allowing agents to select an area on Google Maps to deliver mailers. The platform makes it simple to perform direct mail marketing even when agents don’t have their own database to access client information.
Once agents have curated their list of where they would like to send mailers, they can easily create direct mail materials through the platform as well. The easy-to-use templates have real estate-specific designs, allowing customizable designs to reflect an agent’s brand and messaging. The platform also makes it easy to create a series of drip mailing campaigns to continuously connect with prospective clients on the mailing list. Read our ProspectsPLUS! review for more information.
While most databases focus on collecting information to then distribute digital marketing efforts like emails, newsletters, or targeted advertisements, ProspectsPLUS! is one of the few database solutions that helps perform physical direct mailers to gain brand recognition and leads. Agents, in return, can use the mailers to re-direct recipients to their online websites, where landing pages or social media pages can further collect contact information to build out their own client database.
Clients found the quality of the postcards to exceed their expectations. They also believe the pricing for their mailers was very affordable compared to other competitors. Some reviews mentioned the postcard templates were easy to use and launch for someone without a lot of technical or design capabilities.
There were few negative reviews for ProspectsPLUS!. Some template designs were a little dated, and the interface to edit a template could also use some updating. A popular alternative to ProspectsPLUS! is VistaPrint, which offers a wider range of promotional items to attract prospective clients.
For other direct mailer solutions, take a look at the 6 Best Real Estate Direct Mail Services.
There is no one-size-fits-all plan. Clients can pick and choose the direct mailers they want with the appropriate quantities.
- Postcards: Prices start at 73 cents
- Flyers: Prices start at $1.90
- Newsletters: Prices start at $19.95
- Brochures: Prices start at $2.38
- Magazines: Prices start at $92.00 for 100 magazines
CityBlast: Most Robust Database for Real Estate-specific Social Media Presence Development
What We Like
- Easily connects to social media accounts
- Can post every day if needed
- Sources local content
- Cannot publish listings in multiple locations
- No Instagram integration
- Customer service limited to business hours
- Can add multiple locations for social media content
- Credit card payment accepted
- Publish unlimited listings
- Free trial available
- On-time newsletter delivery
- Customer review rating of 3.5 out of 5
CityBlast is an online marketing company with a database of preset online marketing materials to grow your online presence. CityBlast will leverage your Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn profiles to help build your online presence. Although content is not specifically created for your business, they do provide locally curated content to best attract clients in the area you serve.
Professionally curated newsletters are already prefilled for you with content and attractive designs to keep your information top of mind. The SmartLinks feature adds the appropriate call to action on marketing content, so any leads received will receive an automated follow-up, and you’ll be instantly notified.
CityBlast doesn’t require much day-to-day upkeep as long as your post frequency has been agreed upon. Some databases can help set tasks and provide notifications, but do not execute the marketing on your behalf. However, CityBlast does not share its database content with you for your own personal storage.
The ease of use is one of the main reasons clients have given CityBlast such positive reviews. Many found the interaction with the company to be positive and their quality of work to be excellent. One client said the content and articles were well-received by their client base. Some clients even mentioned referring their friends and colleagues to the platform.
Most of the negative reviews for CityBlast were about the difficulties of canceling the 14-day trial. Clients have stated their difficulties when trying to reach out to customer service to get their refund, especially when customer service is closed on the weekends.
Clients seeking a full-service marketing company with a risk-free trial should look into $99 Social, one of the 8 Best Real Estate Social Media Marketing Companies.
- Build and optimize Facebook Business Page: $199.99
- Custom service pricing: Starting at around $99 per month
- One-time setup fee: $149
Fiverr: Largest Database of Customizable Freelance Services
What We Like
- Services to fit any budget
- Completed projects for as little as $5
- Projects can be one-time or long term
- Connection to freelancers are not automated
- Must vet freelancer individually
- End product not guaranteed by company
- Most affordable freelancer site
- Wide range of project categories
- Freelancer reviews available
- No contracts to use site
- Customer review rating of 3.9 out of 5
Fiverr is a database that houses thousands of freelance services to help you meet your real estate project needs. Services can range from logo design to full-service marketing consultations. While projects can range from as little as $5, prices are laid out per freelancer, so agents know exactly what they’re paying for.
Fiverr is one of the best alternatives to hiring internal employees, especially for quick one-off tasks that require a specific skill. Through the search function, you’ll have access to a variety of skill sets and expertise that you can easily filter based on the project. Check out our Fiverr review to see if it’s the right fit for your needs.
Other real estate database software provide full-service marketing, but those typically require at least a one-month contract, and some even have longer terms and startup fees. Fiverr is a contract-free service, where you can find one-off freelance services or a pre-agreed price for project completion. It also provides previous work portfolios and reviews by other clients, so you can easily vet your freelancers.
Fiverr users speak positively about the affordable pricing and the incredible services delivered by freelancers. Projects were turned around quickly, meeting the high standards of some users. One user found Fiverr to be helpful when launching a business alone, especially for the breadth of talent available to assist with various projects.
The negative reviews on Fiverr were regarding customer service-related issues like downloading invoices for a tax return, or an unresponsive request taking longer than a week to respond to. Some users were even blocked from the platform after using it for a few years and couldn’t access their orders.
Although Fiverr is one of our top 6 Best Real Estate Marketing Companies, consider using Chatter Buzz for more comprehensive customer support.
Pricing varies by project and freelancer, starting at $5. Prices and deliverables are clearly stated on each freelancer’s service page.
Reonomy: Best Commercial Property Database
What We Like
- Easy to find commercial property data
- Integrate data into API feed
- Web browser-based application
- Accessible only on desktop
- Export data requires purchasing credits
- Pricing for teams not transparent
- Uses artificial intelligence (AI) to discover property valuations
- Has built-in CRM
- Machine learning consolidated data from multiple sources
- Simple property search function
- Customer review rating of 4.4 out of 5
Reonomy is a commercial real estate database using artificial intelligence (AI) to gather thousands of data points on commercial properties and makes it digestible for developers and real estate brokers. Its data sources are pulled from public sources like the Secretary of State, census data, title companies, local count assessors, etc. The platform allows users to find commercial property details like ownership and contact information, sales history, and debt history.
The platform offers users a web application solution, allowing agents and teams to access commercial information for business development efforts. The data solution is an API that connects Reonomy data to your internal business application. Both solutions enable users to quickly search for commercial property information that, previously, without Reonomy, was a time-consuming process.
Reonomy isn’t only for commercial brokers. The information provided through Reonomy can assist residential real estate agents by gathering building owners of residential properties for prospecting for exclusive listings. Such insights provided by the platform can help you start more insightful conversations with building owners.
With its simple interface, many users found the platform to be easy to learn and get quickly up and running. Clients found it straightforward to perform searches and find the necessary information they were looking for. The search results return accurate building information with detailed commercial real estate history, lots of images, building descriptions, and tax information. Many say the platform value outweighs its monthly cost.
Some say the platform can lag when pulling lots of data in a search. Other users would prefer a platform that didn’t charge by the number of exports, therefore limiting the amount of data they can collect offline.
For a platform that allows exporting commercial information, CoStar offers exporting as well and is listed as one of the 6 Best Commercial Real Estate Databases.
- Individual accounts: $49 per user, per month
- Team and Enterprise packages: Customized pricing
Pipedrive: Best CRM Database for Organizing Clients & Sales Pipelines
What We Like
- Over 300 third-party integrations
- Support is available 24/7
- CRM includes email functionality
- No workflow automation offered in the Essential plan
- Phone support is only available in the Enterprise plan
- Usage limits during the free trial
- Customizable dashboards
- Mobile application provided
- Customizable sales pipelines
- Team collaboration tools
- Customer review rating of 4.2 out of 5
Pipedrive is an all-in-one sales platform with an accompanying CRM database, allowing salespeople to gain valuable insights about their clients. The system is a centralized hub keeping client data organized, so agents can collaborate and maximize their sales process. It also contains automation features to save agents time and effort on nurturing leads, sending personalized emails based on triggers, and moving the deal flow toward closing.
The pipeline and deal dashboard features help agents generate more leads and close more deals. The email marketing solution, combined with the CRM, help launch well-crafted campaigns with valuable insights on client engagement. The mobile application lets agents see their reports and dashboard on-the-go, including team and individual agent performance. To learn more about its features, check out our Pipedrive review.
Although other real estate database software may include a basic CRM, none are as complex as Pipedrive’s CRM database. Regardless of team size, the platform intuitively helps push deals across the finish line by automation and reminds agents of the next steps. The data collected in the platform provides detailed information to help scale real estate businesses through leveraging the sales reporting features.
With 1,500-plus reviews, Pipedrive scored really high among users who liked the sales-oriented CRM included with the database. The CRM is also extremely user-friendly and does not require CRM experience to benefit from it. One user said they were up and running with the CRM in a matter of hours. They were pleasantly surprised at the quick adoption of the platform.
The biggest factor driving negative reviews for the platform is the software’s performance. Many have said throughout the years, the stability of the software has been in decline. Sometimes the platform would go down for weeks with little to no explanation from customer support.
Another CRM platform software that includes phone support from customer service is LionDesk, which made its way to our list of 8 Best Real Estate CRM Software. Agents can also consider free CRM options like Freshsales, which is also very user-friendly.
- Essential: $14.90 per user, per month, without any workflow automation; included are customer support, CRM integrations, pipelines, and data import features
- Advanced: $27.90 per user, per month for 30 workflow automations, with email templates and a workflow builder
- Professional: $49.90 per user, per month for 60 workflow automations, plus features in the Essential and Advanced plans along with one-click calling, document management and signature, and sales reporting features
- Power: $64.90 per user, per month for 90 workflow automations, plus features in the Essential, Advanced, and Professional plans along with phone support, implementation program, and scalable visibility and permission controls
- Enterprise: $99 per user, per month for 100 workflow automations along with the features in all plans, plus unlimited user permissions, increased security, phone implementation, and no usage limits
Having real estate database software propels your business to new heights. It’s important to have one for safe recordkeeping, but more so you can leverage the data you collect to generate more business. To continuously grow your database, consider adding digital marketing efforts to collect more data and drive clients to your brand consistently.