Outsourcing social marketing to agency experts is often the best choice for small businesses—but finding the right one can be challenging. The best social media agencies save you time and money, improve your return on investment, and have high ratings and real-world results to back up their claims. After evaluating dozens of contenders, we narrowed our top picks so you can find the best social media marketing agency for small businesses.
- Best overall all-in-one paid plus organic solution: LYFE Marketing
- Most affordable agency for businesses on a budget: $99 Social
- Best for finding freelance project-based social media experts: Fiverr Pro
- Best social media marketing agency with integrated CRM: WebFX
- Best for LinkedIn marketing: SEO Discovery
- Best dedicated restaurant social media agency: Social High Rise
- Best for self-managed services and analysis: Sprout Social
SEO Discovery specializes in SEO and marketing for small businesses with plans that start at just $199/month.
Best Social Media Marketing Agencies at a Glance
Social Media Agency
Bundle Organic + Paid Social
3 months, then month-to-month
Custom; from ~$120
Per project or month
3 months, then month-to-month
3 months, then month-to-month
30-day free trial, then monthly or annually
LYFE Marketing: Best All-in-one Paid & Organic Social Solution
- No transparent pricing; all prices are custom
- On the expensive side according to reviews
The experts at LYFE Marketing can deliver an all-in-one solution for paid and organic social media, making it a great option if you don’t have the time or expertise to do it yourself. It’s also a great choice for small businesses that want to increase return on investment (ROI) by turning to experts instead of managing social in-house.
Pricing starts at about $650 a month, which could be steep for bootstrapping startups and small businesses. If you have a smaller budget, you can choose your own less expensive adventure by outsourcing organic and paid social advertising to Fiverr Pro. However, it will take time to vet services and find the exact social media expertise you need. Another alternative is to focus on one individual social platform via $99 Social.
LYFE Marketing is a top-rated, full-service social media marketing agency for small businesses, offering an all-in-one solution for both paid advertising (PPC) and organic social media management. It stands out as the most comprehensive social media agency for its wide variety of services, and it’s our overall top recommendation for businesses looking for a scalable, one-stop solution for paid and organic social media management services on multiple channels.
LYFE Marketing Pricing & Features
Accounts have a one-time setup fee (which you can ask to waive) and management fees of $650 to $7,000 per month for organic social media. This service includes the management of sponsored posts and follower ads, but you’ll have to pay the cost of any ad spend.
Social ad management plans start at $650, not including ad spend, and you can request a custom quote inclusive of both organic and paid social media services. As a client, you’ll have a dedicated account manager and 24/7 access to an analytics dashboard, custom content, monthly reporting, and a scheduled monthly call with your account manager.
Here are LYFE Marketing’s features at a glance:
- Organic social: Set number of posts per month, content creation, social media calendar, page monitoring and responding, management of sponsored posts, and follower ads. You can add additional social networks to any plan starting from $100 each. Higher plans also include videos and increased posting frequency.
- Paid social: This includes custom graphics, branded images, advanced targeting, ad creation, and bid management and optimization. Higher-tier plans also include videos.
- Account management: You’ll have a dedicated social media manager who will understand your business, goals, and objectives to develop a strategic social media marketing plan and optimize continuously, including daily account maintenance.
- Reporting: Access a 24/7 analytics platform to track account performance and monthly reports from your account manager.
- Contract length: There are no long-term contracts. Instead, it has an initial three-month contract. Thereafter, clients are on a month-to-month basis, and they can cancel anytime.
- Customer service: LYFE Marketing has highly regarded customer service, with a team available by phone or an online contact form.
- Customer reviews: LYFE Marketing has a high 4.4 out of 5 stars on Google from over 300 reviewers. Positive reviews frequently note that users are pleased with the results LYFE Marketing delivers and that their staff provides a good deal of attention.
LYFE Marketing is one of your best options for growing your brand presence on social media using both organic and paid methods. Get a free consultation to create a custom social media plan for your business—visit LYFE Marketing to get started.
Pro tip: Still unsure about what your social media strategy should be? Check out our guide on social media marketing for small businesses first to help you get a handle on your business’ needs.
$99 Social: Most Affordable Social Media Marketing Agency for Small Businesses
- Reports and calls will cost you extra
- No transparent pricing for social media ads
- No custom solutions for your business
While most agencies see reporting as part of the service, you’ll pay more for reports with $99 Social. If you don’t have the time or ability to track performance and progress yourself, going with a data-rich platform like Sprout Social or a full-service agency like LYFE Marketing or WebFX would be better.
Plus, unlike other full-service marketing agencies, $99 Social doesn’t offer custom solutions tailored to your business’ needs, so it isn’t the best option if you’re building your social media strategy completely from scratch. It specializes in social media content and is most suitable if you already have a social media plan for your business and just need steady content to keep it going.
$99 Social is an affordable social media marketing agency with services specifically to help small businesses grow their presence on social media. Its low costs are its most defining feature. For example, it has packages for posting custom content three days a week for just $99 per month—which is more frequent organic content posting than most agencies provide. It’s best for new and small businesses that want regular content for audience engagement.
$99 Social Pricing & Features
$99 Social’s pricing is in its name: it offers social media services starting at $99 per month for three custom content pieces. It also provides customer service via phone, email, and chat. If you need more than 10 posts each month, there are also plans for 20 and 30 posts at $189 and $279 monthly, respectively.
And if you want more services beyond social media, $99 Social also offers short-form videos, email marketing, blog posts, and Instagram Stories and Carousels at an additional cost, with prices ranging from $49 to $349 depending on volume.
As our top pick for the most affordable social media marketing agency for small businesses, here are $99 Social’s features:
- Expertise and services: Organic social growth is $99 Social’s main area of expertise. However, it also offers social media advertising services if you need to leverage social, although prices for these aren’t listed transparently—you’ll need to contact the team for more information.
- Account management: A social media expert will manage your account, and create and publish content regularly as a long-term strategy for organic social media growth.
- Reporting: The standard plan does not include reporting. Instead, it is available as an add-on for an additional $49 per month.
- Contract length: All plans are contract-free and on a month-to-month basis, so they can be canceled at any time. The company notes that it does not require a contract because it depends on retaining clients by providing high-quality service.
- Customer service: The support team is available by phone from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time, Monday through Friday, as well as via email and chat. It also has an online knowledge base for anyone to access at any time.
- Customer reviews: It’s well-regarded by clients, as proven by testimonials and user comments across the internet.
Get a constant flow of custom content and your own social media manager to help with organic reach, all at affordable, small business-friendly rates. Visit $99 Social today to get started.
Fiverr Pro: Best for Finding Talented Freelance Experts
- Can be hit or miss—experiences vary by freelancer
- Takes time to find and manage the right freelancer
- No dedicated account manager
Fiverr Pro is a freelancer hiring platform, so if you only need specific social media services like ad setup or content creation, it may be the better option. It is also a suitable choice if you already have a clear idea of the social media services you need for your business and don’t need any audits or consultations. You can find and hire the exact services you need and save the cost of partnering with a full-service social media agency for small businesses.
If you don’t have the expertise to know a great social media manager when you see one, it’s best to go with a vetted agency like LYFE Marketing or WebFX. Likewise, if you lack time to research freelance providers, agency experts are the better option—and you can still control costs by choosing a la carte services through companies like $99 Social.
Fiverr Pro isn’t a social media agency but rather a freelancer hiring platform with thousands of social media experts for nearly any service. This means you can find services for almost any social media strategy, from digital ads to content creation, without a long-term contract. It’s a great option for small businesses on a tight budget to outsource only the specific social media services you need. Plus, you can see real customer reviews, so you know what you’re getting.
Fiverr Pro Pricing & Features
Pricing and plans vary by each Fiverr Pro, but expect to pay in the ballpark of $120 to $750 per project in management fees, not including any advertising spend. Services are prepackaged, so you always know exactly what you’ll get for a specific price.
You can see real user reviews for every Fiverr Pro, so you can choose a top-rated provider with confidence. Most importantly, prices are competitive—as low as $120 to $150 per month. Fiverr Pro is our pick for the best social media marketing companies for small businesses looking to handpick industry experts.
Here are the features of finding your solution via Fiverr Pro:
- Expertise and services: There is a wide range of services and expertise levels offered by Fiverr. Purchase the service that provides exactly what you are looking for so you only pay for what you need.
- Account management: You’ll find that there are verified Fiverr Pros who are individual social media experts and agencies. Check with providers to see how they handle account management.
- Reporting: Reporting will depend on the freelancer you hire on Fiverr. Check with each freelancer before hiring to ensure that they also provide you with reports, how it’s delivered, the level of detail, and if they include strategy calls.
- Contract length: Fiverr gigs are offered on a project basis, so there are no long-term contracts. However, some providers do offer services on a subscription basis, so you don’t have to rehire your chosen expert every month.
- Customer reviews: Fiverr is a freelancer marketplace, so reviews vary from provider to provider. What doesn’t vary is the fact that every listing displays a real user review, so you can get a better idea of what it’s like to work with each provider.
- Customer support: Unlike a traditional social marketing agency, Fiverr customers get added support from Fiverr. So if something goes awry, you can depend on support from Fiverr to help resolve your issue.
Fiverr Pro is the most reliable platform for outsourcing expert social media services at affordable prices. Find the best match for your business by creating an account on the platform today.
WebFX: Best Social Media Marketing Agency With Integrated CRM
- More expensive than other marketing agencies
- No a la carte services
- Extra costs for vertical content (e.g., Instagram Reels and TikTok)
WebFX offers a holistic approach to social media, so it’s a great option if you’re completely starting out with social media marketing from scratch and want expert help. One of its most unique features is its in-house customer relationship management (CRM) tool that makes it easy to track your contacts and prospects, so it’s also the best social media marketing company if your objective is to generate leads.
Because WebFX offers comprehensive solutions, it’s not the best option if you only need specific project-based social media services like content creation or Facebook ads. Partnering with WebFX means creating a fully custom solution targeting all your business’ social media needs—which can also come at slightly higher prices.
If you’re only looking for specific services, and not an all-in-one social media marketing agency for small businesses, Fiverr Pro or $99 Social might be a better option.
WebFX has long been one of the most established digital marketing agencies for small businesses—but it also stands out for its unique built-in customer relationship management (CRM) tool that all its clients have access to, so you can easily manage and track your leads. This makes it a suitable agency to partner with if your social media strategy’s primary objective is lead generation.
While WebFX is one of the higher-priced agencies on this list, you can be assured that you’re paying for experts with 25 years of experience helping small businesses grow. They take a holistic approach to each business and analyze the best possible strategies to meet your specific needs and goals.
WebFX Pricing & Features
WebFX offers both tiered plans and custom pricing tailored to your business’ needs, both of which start at $3,000 monthly. There are three plans to choose from, starting with the Bronze plan at $3,000 monthly, which gets you to 10 posts per month for one social media platform. On the higher tiers, you get up to 20 and 30 monthly posts at $4,200 and $4,800, respectively.
However, all plans also have additional setup fees on top of these monthly costs. All WebFX plans come with access to its built-in CRM tool, MarketingCloudFX.
Here are the essential features you can get from WebFX:
- Organic social: Depending on your chosen plan, you get 10, 20, 30, or a custom number of posts per month on your chosen social media platform. WebFX also offers vertical content creation (e.g., for TikTok or Instagram Reels) at an additional cost.
- Paid social: Plans come with two, four, six, or a custom number of boosted posts per month, along with a minimum ad spend for each. This includes the creation of your ad assets and ad setup, monitoring, and analysis.
- Account management: You’ll get a dedicated social media manager to handle and monitor your accounts daily, and access to WebFX’s in-house content publishing and CRM tools.
- Reporting: You’ll have firsthand access to WebFX’s analytics dashboard, along with regular in-person reports and consultations on your social media marketing return on investment (ROI).
- Contract length: There are no long-term, locked-in contracts with WebFX—all plans are on a month-to-month basis.
- Reviews: With a rating of 4.4 out of 5 on Google, WebFX has consistently been one of the highest-rated marketing agencies for small businesses for multiple services.
For a holistic approach to your social media strategy—especially for generating new leads—there are few more capable candidates than the experts at WebFX. With 25 years in the business, they’ve long been one of the most trusted digital marketing agencies around. Visit WebFX today to get a custom quote for your business.
SEO Discovery: Best for LinkedIn Marketing
- Paid social is only available as an add-on
- Basic plan only manages one social platform
- Facebook and Instagram analytics are only available in the most expensive plan
If your main focus with social media marketing is LinkedIn, SEO Discovery has some of the most comprehensive services you won’t find in other agencies for the same price. Its services include posting, building LinkedIn connections, and interacting with relevant groups. It also has a flexible pricing scheme where you only pay for half of their services unless you reach your monthly goal.
Unlike most providers on this list, SEO Discovery’s basic package is limited to just one social platform. If you need at least two social media platforms at a more affordable price, $99 Social or Fiverr Pro can be a better option. Additionally, if reporting and analytics are important, refer to LYFE Marketing or Sprout Social instead.
When it comes to LinkedIn marketing, there are few more comprehensive social media marketing services for small businesses than SEO Discovery. While best known for its SEO strategies, it also has a robust LinkedIn marketing package, which encompasses everything, from optimizing your LinkedIn profile to joining relevant groups.
You also get custom posting, monthly reporting, and cold messaging for leads, all of which are essential strategies for promoting on LinkedIn.
SEO Discovery Pricing & Features
All SEO Discovery’s prices are custom, so you’ll need to contact the team via their website to get a quote. However, based on pricing from its other services, SEO Discovery generally has more affordable rates (you won’t find any costs above a few hundred dollars for any service). However, its Basic package only includes one social platform—prices increase for each additional platform.
Aside from LinkedIn, SEO Discovery’s services include custom posts for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. For higher-priced plans, clients get access to custom professional videos, direct messaging, insight monitoring, other post-formats (polls, events, groups), and even influencer outreach.
Overall, SEO Discovery is a solid social media management company for small business marketing. Here are its features:
- Expertise and services: Social media strategy is what sets SEO Discovery apart. Depending on the platform and the client’s vision, you can expect custom-tailored deliverables to help achieve marketing goals.
- Account management: As a client, you’ll get a dedicated expert to manage your account. You will also get updates from a sales consultant who tracks campaign progress.
- Reporting: SEO Discovery has a bi-weekly schedule for social media client meetings. This conversation includes progress, updates, and results regarding the social media strategy.
- Contract length: Like LYFE Marketing, SEO Discovery has an initial three-month contract. After this, clients transition to a month-to-month basis, which you can discontinue at any time—just be sure to give a 30-day notice before cancellation.
- Customer service: SEO Discovery is available 24/7 and can be reached through phone, email, WhatsApp, or an online contact form. From experience, they have some of the most proactive customer service teams.
- Customer reviews: With a 4.0 rating on Google Reviews out of 398 reviews, SEO Discovery is one of the most-rated services on this list.
Get affordable, custom social media solutions for your business by partnering with SEO Discovery—contact the team today for a custom quote.
Social High Rise: Best Social Media Agency for Restaurants
- Twitter and paid social are only available as add-ons
- Bundled social media and reputation management only available on the highest plan
While your Social High Rise plan will include posting two to three times weekly on Facebook and Instagram, it’s a fraction of the frequency or value you get with an agency like $99 Social. Also, it only covers Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, so if you’re looking to optimize on others like Pinterest or Snapchat, opt for a different agency instead or hire a freelancer via Fiverr.
Social High Rise is a social media and digital reputation management agency that serves sales, marketing, and customer service-driven needs specifically for restaurants. It’s unique for combining social media management and online reputation to help businesses build a strong brand presence, resulting in increased sales and customer growth.
Social High Rise Pricing & Features
Plans with organic social marketing start at $349 per month, but to get both social and reputation management, you’ll need the most expensive plan at $499 per month, and all plans come with a one-time setup fee of $199. Still, these are lower price points than services from others like LYFE Marketing. It’s best for restaurants that depend heavily on social and online reviews.
Services include posting two to three times weekly on Facebook and Instagram, and you can include Twitter as an add-on for $99. The Customer Delight package includes reputation management to monitor and respond to reviews on your Google Business Profile, Yelp, Facebook, Tripadvisor, and SocialMenu.
Here’s a quick look at the features of Social High Rise that make it our overall top social media agency for restaurants:
- Expertise and services: Social High Rise’s expertise is in online reputation management. This involves managing brands via social media and other platforms where people talk about your business, from Google to Yelp.
- Dedicated restaurant experts: With an exclusive focus on social media and reputation management for restaurants, Social High Rise offers a completely industry-tailored solution.
- Account management: As a client, you’ll get a dedicated expert to manage your account, including strategy development to help you reach your goals.
- Reporting: Every month, clients receive their “wins,” which is Social High Rise’s version of monthly reporting. It details the overall account performance and standout customer engagements.
- Contract length: Social High Rise has a required minimum commitment of three months, which is the same as most other social media companies for small businesses. After this, contracts transition to a month-to-month basis and can be canceled anytime.
- Customer service: Social High Rise’s customer team is reachable by phone, email, and online contact form on its website. However, clients get a dedicated account manager, who is generally available during regular business hours from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday through Friday.
- Customer reviews: Social High Rise has only four reviews on Google—fewer compared to its competitors. However, they average a score of 3.3 out of 5, with some clients citing issues with their services and communication.
Partner with Social High Rise for social media and reputation management services tailored specifically to help your restaurant grow. Contact the team today to get started.
Pro tip: Different social platforms have different features and benefits. Discover and compare each platform to find the best ones to advertise your business on in our guide to the best social media advertising platforms.
Sprout Social: Best for Self-managed Services
- No expert services—it’s only a platform with social media marketing tools
- Not a beginner-friendly interface
Sprout Social is loaded with tools for social posting, advertising, listening, reviews management, and more, but it’s still up to you to put the time in to use them. It’s also not the most beginner-friendly interface, so it’s only suitable if you already have a general understanding of social media marketing. If you’re looking for experts to manage your social profiles for you or have limited bandwidth to self-manage, go with a full-service agency like LYFE Marketing instead.
Sprout Social is the best platform for small businesses that can self-manage social media marketing. While it’s not an agency, it has all the essential tools of one—you’ll just need to manage them yourself. Therefore, it’s the best option if you already have an in-house social media team or the expertise to do your business’ social media marketing yourself, and only need the right tools.
Sprout Social also comes with customer relationship management (CRM) tools that automate customer responses and reviews, and social listening tools to monitor your brand’s reputation online.
Pro tip: Need an in-house social media manager to handle your business’ social media accounts? Read our step-by-step guide on how to hire the best social media manager for your business.
Sprout Social Pricing & Features
All pricing tiers of Sprout Social include tools for paid and organic social media management, with no limits on how often you can post. The base plan costs $249 monthly and includes managing five social profiles, comprehensive management tools, monthly reporting, and review management. All tiers past the base plan allow unlimited profiles.
Here are Sprout Social’s social media marketing services for small businesses at a glance:
- Services: Sprout Social offers a range of tools that let you manage multiple social campaigns from a single intuitive interface, including bringing all communication into a single inbox. This includes a content calendar, content suggestions, a campaign planner tool, comprehensive analytics, and asset management tools.
- Expertise: Most social media marketing agencies don’t have extensive resource libraries, but as a platform rather than an agency, Sprout Social does. There you’ll find the tutorials and guidance you need to build and execute a solid social media plan that produces a return on investment.
- Account management: Clients do not get a dedicated account manager. However, you can schedule a video demo and access Sprout Social’s customer support to help you get the best return on investment.
- Reporting: Clients can access a dashboard, monthly profile performance reports, cross-channel performance reports, competitor performance tracking, and paid performance reports for optimizing ad spend.
- Contract length: Sprout Social has both annual and monthly plans according to what works best for your business. It also offers annual plans with monthly payments, and you can cancel at any time. All plans start with an initial three-month contract, then transition to your chosen payment scheme.
- Customer service: Sprout Social boasts 24-hour customer support Mondays through Fridays with a team that is available by phone, online contact form, and social media. A live chat option is not available.
- Customer reviews: Sprout Social has a high 4.4 out of 5 stars on G2 from over 2,500 reviews. It’s also been recognized as one of the best software for seven years on the platform and is commonly reviewed as the easiest tool to use for streamlining social media management.
Ready to master social media in-house? Simplify and streamline your process with Sprout Social’s tools.
How We Evaluated the Best Social Media Marketing Agencies for Small Business
Social media marketing agencies professionally manage social accounts—like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter—for businesses to boost brand awareness, and, ultimately, sales. However, finding the right social media marketing agency for small businesses can be challenging. That’s why we compared social media marketing agencies based on features, inclusions, reviews, affordability, and customer service.
Here are the criteria we used in evaluating the best social media management services for small businesses:
- Cost and value for the money (including management and setup fees)
- Agency expertise, reputation, and customer reviews
- Plan features and inclusions
- Performance metrics and reporting
- Customer support
- Firsthand experience and expertise
What to Look for in a Social Media Agency
When looking for an affordable social media marketing agency for small businesses, start with those that offer social media marketing on the channels your target audience uses most. Other things to look for when choosing an agency to work with include:
- Free consultation: The best agencies usually start with a free consultation, preferably one that includes an audit of your existing social media profiles.
- Cost: This covers transparency of pricing and what’s included, and whether the agency has a plan that can fit your budget.
- Tactics and strategies: The agency should be able to clearly outline the specific strategies and social media plan they recommend for your business.
- Results to expect: Agencies should be able to readily provide performance statistics and metrics for existing clients (either as case studies or in aggregate).
- Collaboration: Ideally, the agency you choose will offer to meet with you regularly (e.g., quarterly or monthly) to review results, tweak campaigns, and touch base on ways to improve performance.
- References: Ask to speak with an existing client about their experience with the agency, such as the agency’s communication style, reporting cadence, transparency, and results.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For expert help in growing your brand presence and marketing your business, we recommend hiring a marketing agency. Many agencies are available with services specifically for small businesses at affordable prices. For holistic marketing services, some top agencies are LYFE Marketing and WebFX, while for individual services, SEO Discovery and Fiverr Pro are good options. These can save you the time and effort of promoting your small business effectively.
Finding the best social media marketing agency for your business depends on your budget, the services you need, the platforms you want to focus on, and the specific outcomes you want. The agencies listed above are some of the best in the industry for growing small businesses’ social media presence. However, for marketing on multiple platforms with both paid and organic strategies, our overall top recommendation is LYFE Marketing.