We identified the best turnkey investment property companies that offer comprehensive property management services to their real estate clients across several states, including tenant screening and property renovation. These turnkey real estate companies sell brand-new and completely renovated homes occupied by renters and maintained by a property management company. Here are the best turnkey investment property companies in 2022 that will help investors to generate passive real estate income and long-term investment:
- Roofstock: Best for accredited investors wanting to invest in portfolios of single-family properties
- Norada Real Estate Investments: Excellent for investors who prefer a market-agnostic investing approach
- Howard Hanna Real Estate Services: Ideal for investors who want to buy and sell high-end properties
- HomeUnion: Recommended for its neighborhood investment rating (NIR) system for analytics-driven investors
- REI Nation: Great for investors wanting vacancy prevention assistance
- Maverick Investor Group: Best for investors who want to invest in multiple properties
Best Turnkey Real Estate Investment Companies at a Glance
Turnkey Real Estate Companies
Number of States They Operate In
Property Types Available
Property Price Range
$25,000 to $6,900,000
Phone and email
Single-family, condos, and multifamily properties
$92,000 to $719,900
Phone and email
Single-family, multifamily, duplex, commercial, and raw land
Starting at $20,000
Phone and email
Single-family and multifamily houses
$70,000 to $2,000,000
Phone and email
$190,000 to $300,000 (average property price)
Phone and email
Single-family, townhouse, duplex, and multifamily houses
$80,000 to $435,000
Phone and email
Roofstock: Best for Single-family Property Portfolio Investing
Roofstock provides accredited investors a feature called Roofstock One, where they can invest or buy property shares in portfolios of single-family properties instead of buying the entire home. To start Roofstock One, you must provide a minimum investment capital of $5,000. Once you’ve purchased the property shares, Roofstock’s team takes care of the management of all properties that are in your Roofstock One portfolio.
Furthermore, Roofstock offers buyers three options: they can invest in a property, a portfolio, or bring their own property. Each portfolio includes the total price, cap rate, average monthly rent, net operating income, and locations to help investors choose the best property that matches their needs and requirements. But if you prefer to invest in a retirement account, you can do so through a self-directed Individual Retirement Account (IRA) in one of Roofstock’s listed properties.
Moreover, Roofstock has an “Open House” feature for 24 hours that allows investors to get an early look at properties that haven’t yet been listed in the marketplace. It also allows buyers to make an offer above or below the open house price.
Additional Roofstock Features
- Money-back guarantee: Roofstock provides a money-back guarantee if you notify them within 30 days of buying the property.
- “Bring Your Own Property” investment option: Allows investors to submit the address of a rental property they want, then Roofstock screens the property for you. Once approved, they will pair you with a local real estate agent who can guide you throughout the process.
- Roofstock Academy: Helps active investors learn about turnkey real estate. It combines online learning, one-on-one coaching sessions, and access to a group of professional real estate investors.
- Roofstock alerts: It informs investors that there is a property that meets the criteria they set and when it hits the market.
- Professional analysis: Provides investors with detailed information about the property, including pictures, videos, floor plans, inspections, lease details, cap rate, and a neighborhood rating.
Roofstock Customer Feedback
Roofstock received a customer review rating of 3.2 out of 5. Most Roofstock investors are happy with the simplicity and easy-to-follow online marketplace interface. Many sellers also said Roofstock helps them market their property to potential buyers nationally and internationally faster.
However, many investors are not happy with the company’s customer service. Some claimed that the customer support of Roofstock is always closed, and whenever they call, no one answers. If you want a real estate investment company with extensive customer service, check out Norada Real Estate Investments for its active and fast response to your inquiries.
Norada Real Estate Investments: Best for Its Market-agnostic Investing Approach
Norada Real Estate Investments is “market agnostic,” which means it selects markets based on local economic and housing factors, not fads or investor demand. It also has a scoring system called DealGrader, which measures the investment quality of a real estate investment. As a result, Norada helps investors minimize risk and maximize profitability.
Moreover, Norada Real Estate Investments provides investors with quality, newly constructed and refurbished residential properties, ranging from single-family homes to fourplex multi-units. The company also operates in 16 states and has 124 properties (as of July 2022) listed for sale, sold, or under contract on its website. Each home listed for sale on the website includes information such as the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, square footage, purchase price, rental income, rent/value ratio, cap rate, and net operating income.
Additionally, accredited investors can purchase short-term promissory notes through Norada Capital Management with fixed rates of return ranging from 12% to 16.7% annually. Investors can also obtain a PDF property analysis, which includes financial analysis, cash flow, and equity charts. These help investors understand the property’s current market value and condition so they can make an informed decision. Investors can use the “Request Info” tab to contact the company if they want more information.
Additional Norada Real Estate Investments Features
- Rent guarantee: Some properties have a rent guarantee, from three months to one year, to ensure continuous return on investment.
- Podcasts: These podcasts are made by Marco Santarelli, founder and CEO of Norada Real Estate Investments, to help investors learn more about passive real estate investing.
- Private lending program: It offers investors long-term commitments, escrow funding, and investments that are IRA-qualified, which enables investors to earn a 15% annual rate of return.
- Private mortgage financing option: The company provides active investors with private mortgage financing options for some properties requiring no income or credit qualification.
- DealGrader scoring system: It measures the investment quality of each real estate investment property, giving investors an overall snapshot of its investment risk and profitability.
Norada Real Estate Investments Customer Feedback
Norada Real Estate Investments received a 4.9 out of 5 customer review rating. Company investors praised Norada’s team, saying that it helped make buying investment real estate attainable. They commended the coaches and advisers for being active in responding to investors’ queries, patient, knowledgeable, and how they put investors’ best interests first.
Some investors are unhappy with the complicated website interface. The company’s website doesn’t clearly label its property if the company or a private seller owns the for-sale homes listed. Try exploring Roofstock for its simple and easy-to-follow online marketplace interface.
Howard Hanna Real Estate Services: Best for Its High-end Properties
Howard Hanna Real Estate Services provides a division dedicated to finding and marketing luxury properties called “Hanna Luxury.” It provides investors with real estate specialists who have extensive knowledge of local neighborhoods, allowing them to tailor clients’ home marketing strategies to the right audiences, locally and globally. Howard Hanna Real Estate Services purchases properties in suburban, urban, and rural areas. It offers mortgage, title, escrow, insurance, appraisal, and relocation services.
The company also has a separate property management division that covers five out of the 11 states where they operate, including Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. One month’s rent is commonly charged to find, qualify, and put a tenant in a vacant unit.
Howard Hanna Real Estate has a Relocation and Business Development Department that provides quality relocation services, whether the move is local or global. These relocation services will make relocation easier and stress-free, including homebuying, selling, group moves, city tours, relocation assistance, and developing a customized company relocation program.
Additional Howard Hanna Real Estate Services Features
- Auction program: Chartwell Auctions, a Howard Hanna company, offers an auction program for buying or selling commercial properties in Cleveland.
- Free market analysis: Enables investors to learn the current market values of properties comparable to a property they are looking to buy or sell.
- Mortgage calculators: These help investors determine how much home they can afford, whether they should rent or buy, and the property’s monthly mortgage.
- U.S. Military on the Move Program: Offers cash rewards and closing cost credits for all active duty, retired military, wounded warriors, and department of defense personnel when they buy or sell a home.
- Media room: It features stories, articles, advice, press releases, videos, and real estate trends relevant to industry professionals, homebuyers, and sellers.
Howard Hanna Real Estate Services Customer Feedback
Homesellers and buyers who utilized Howard Hanna Real Estate Services rated the company a 3.7 out of 5. Many clients are satisfied with the company’s mortgage, title, and escrow services. Clients are also happy with the relocation and business development programs like the U.S. Military on the Move program.
However, some clients are disappointed with the unavailability of property portfolio investing. Visit Roofstock, which allows accredited investors to invest or buy property shares in portfolios of single-family properties.
HomeUnion: Best for Its Neighborhood Investment Rating (NIR) System
HomeUnion uses the Neighborhood Investment Rating (NIR) system to analyze neighborhoods and properties across the country. It’s a unique feature that evaluates the area based on economic, environmental, and demographic features. This system helps bring the same level of risk-reward calibration that stock market investors have access to and allows HomeUnion to decide if the community is a good investment.
HomeUnion selects properties using data gathered, market research, and local area expertise to ensure turnkey properties are worth investing in and will be a great passive source of income for investors. It also offers single- and multifamily homes and charges an acquisition fee and maintenance fees for each property, which vary depending on the property and location. It uses multiple listing services and turnkey real estate businesses to identify qualified leads. Local specialists check the property before being placed on the site.
Additional HomeUnion Features
- Free rental property return calculator: Enables investors to see a property’s estimated returns, cash flow, and after-tax returns.
- Downloadable real estate investment guides: It helps investors learn more about investment property management, such as saving taxes, diversification, and investment horizon.
- 1031 exchange: Allows investors to defer taxes paid on selling their real estate investment, produce more income, and diversify their portfolio.
- Mynd: A HomeUnion partner that takes care of residents through its property management system and helps owners optimize their portfolios.
- Self-directed IRA: This allows investors to acquire real estate as an asset while keeping the tax benefits of a traditional IRA.
HomeUnion Customer Feedback
HomeUnion has a customer rating review of 3.1 out of 5. Most investors are happy with the smooth transaction they experienced with the company. One homebuyer said that HomeUnion did a great job managing and tracking everything to do with owning a rental, making the process easier and less stressful. HomeUnion is responsive to inquiries, and their analysis and snapshot of your investment are easy to understand.
However, many investors would like HomeUnion to have a money-back and lease-up guarantee, which will help buyers and sellers to be confident in investing in a property and assurance that the property will produce income. Explore REI Nation, which provides its investors with a lease-up guarantee—with its properties providing more than five years average length of stay, less than 2% eviction rate, and less than 3% average vacancy rate
REI Nation: Best for Its Vacancy Prevention Assistance Program
REI Nation offers vacancy prevention assistance provided by Premier Property Management Group, the REI Nation property management division. It handles homeowners’ property marketing needs to minimize vacancies. This includes a listing website, signage, and online ads to attract quality residents. Additionally, REI Nation resolves property owners’ maintenance issues and manages all move-out assessments, repairs, and final inspections.
In addition, REI Nation offers end-to-end, turnkey solutions for individual real estate investors, such as finding potential rental properties and analyzing return on investment (ROI) and revenue potential. Property owners receive a monthly customer service call to keep them updated and 24-hour access to their owner portal for statements, direct deposit, tax documents, and monthly rent collection.
Additional REI Nation Features
- WOW Group: This group comprises real estate investment clients with more than five properties in their portfolio, which are given benefits like exclusive webinar opportunities and reduced monthly fees.
- Newsroom: It showcases press releases, recent news, and statistics for property investors, sellers, and buyers.
- Turnkey services system: It handles every investment process, from acquisition to building investors’ portfolios.
- Turnkey success video series: It provides vital information and tips on successfully earning a passive income and coping with investment challenges.
- Resource library: It gives access to investors to different materials and tools that help them invest better, including whitepapers, videos, news, blogs, and podcasts.
REI Nation Customer Feedback
Most REI Nation clients praised the customer service of the company. One said that the company’s customer support team is professional and highly service oriented—helping them with their inquiries. Many of the property owners also love the property management services that REI Nation provides, like its lease-up guarantee vacancy prevention assistance. As a result, REI Nation got a 4.3 out of 5 customer review rating.
REI Nation doesn’t have much negative feedback from its clients. The clients only wish the company had a money-back guarantee and allowed accredited investors to buy shares or invest in property portfolios. If you need a company that offers its clients with lease-up and a 30-day money-back guarantee, and allows accredited investors to invest in a single-family property portfolio, consider Roofstock.
Maverick Investor Group: Best for Multiple Property Investing
Maverick Investor Group integrates a business model that uses the principle of collective buying power. This allows the seller to move large quantities of real estate quickly and save money on marketing and holding costs, which are passed on to buyers through discounts and special deals. This ensures that real estate investors can purchase multiple properties at special prices and terms not available to the general public, providing a built-in advantage.
Aside from this, Maverick Investor Group is a turnkey real estate company that practices social responsibility. By purchasing rental properties with Maverick Investor Group, you contribute to the improvement of the local area, the creation of local jobs, and the support of neighborhood businesses. Additionally, Maverick Investor Group donates 10% of its earnings (before manager salaries and ownership distributions) to charitable organizations.
Additional Maverick Investor Group Features
- Referral fee and non-circumvent agreement: This agreement assures agents and brokers that their clients always remain their clients, and they get paid for anything their clients buy through Maverick.
- Maverick referral network: Allows investors with a real estate license to access private buying opportunity webinars, view unlisted turnkey properties in premium markets, and earn a referral fee for every closing.
- Real estate investing resources: It provides substantive real estate investing information and resources specifically designed for real estate entrepreneurs, agents, and brokers.
- Private invitation for one-on-one phone consultation: This allows investors to discuss real estate concepts further with the Maverick team and identify the best real estate investment opportunities based on their personal needs and criteria.
Maverick Investor Group Customer Feedback
There aren’t any Maverick Investor Group online client testimonials available as of the moment. Nevertheless, we have observed that its homepage is very organized and straightforward. Unfortunately, Maverick Investor Group does not offer its investors a money-back guarantee or an option for investing in a property portfolio. Consider Roofstock if you wish or need to have these features.
How We Evaluated the Best Turnkey Real Estate Investment Companies
We considered dozens of turnkey real estate investment property companies and chose our top six based on the property types available, property price range, cap rates, features, and customer reviews. After a thorough evaluation, we recommend Roofstock and Norada Real Estate Investments as the top turnkey real estate companies. They’re reputable companies with turnkey properties available in most major markets throughout the country and offer reasonable property management fees and extensive property management services.
Our criteria for the best turnkey investment property companies include:
- Their turnkey process, including property rehabilitation and tenant selection
- The average return on investment (ROI)
- The areas their inventory is located in
- Their average property prices
- Who the company is right for
- The fees the company charges
For long-term, buy-and-hold investments, and investors who don’t want to deal with the duties of being a landlord, turnkey investment property companies are perfect options. The best turnkey real estate investing companies offer investors fully rehabbed properties with tenants and property management services.
Consider Roofstock if you wish to purchase a turnkey property. It offers the data, analysis, and insights needed to assess and buy independently certified single-family homes. In addition, it only invests in well-established single-family houses that generate cash flow in 26 states.