The best CallRail alternatives offer extensive phone number coverage, dynamic number generation, extensive third-party integrations, customization options, and robust transcription and analytics tools. To help you find the right solution, we compared various call tracking software systems and examined their respective features and pricing.
Based on our research, the top five CallRail alternatives are:
- CallTrackingMetrics: Best overall CallRail substitute for its comprehensive conversion tracking for calls, texts, and chat
- WhatConverts: Solid choice for monitoring ecommerce leads and conversions
- Ringba: Ideal for marketing agencies wanting excellent white-label solutions
- Convirza: Best for businesses that want affordable call tracking software
- Retreaver: Top option for robust call management
CallRail & Its Best Alternatives at a Glance
CallRail & Best Alternatives
Monthly Starting Price
Lead Tracking & Attribution Features
Call Reporting & Analytics Tools
Source tracking, visitor tracking, and multi-touch attribution modeling
Call score, key terms spotting, and automated lead tagging
3.73 out of 5
Local and toll-free tracking numbers in 80 countries, click-to-call ads and ad extensions, and whisper messaging
Conversation intelligence, call transcription, and keyword spotting
4.03 out of 5
Local and toll-free tracking numbers, whisper messages, and call transcripts
Leads by day and week, report builder, and customer sentiment measurement
3.99 out of 5
No monthly fee; $3 for local numbers and $4 for toll-free numbers
Campaign tracking, number management, and traffic source and keyword attribution
Call details report, reporting tags, and insights categorized by campaign and publisher
3.65 out of 5
Local and toll-free tracking numbers, number porting, and automated triggers
Lead score, conversation tone detection, and sentiment analysis
3.62 out of 5
Unlimited data attributes, real-time page tracking, and dynamic agent whispers
Return on investment (ROI) reporting, live call analytics, and detailed call logs
3.60 out of 5
If you need a refresher on how CallRail tracks and attributes calls, read this in-depth CallRail review. Learn its pros and cons and decide if it’s worth pursuing for your business.
CallTrackingMetrics: Best for Comprehensive Conversion Tracking
CallTrackingMetrics is our top pick among CallRail competitors because it’s an all-in-one monitoring solution. Beyond tracking calls, it provides marketing attribution for other communication channels, such as texts, form fills, and chats. This primarily benefits small businesses running multi-channel advertising campaigns, as all key marketing insights can be accessed in one place.
Call attribution features robust capabilities that make it easy to measure campaign performance. For instance, the provider has local and toll-free tracking numbers in 80 countries. Businesses based in the United States (U.S.) and Canada have the option to port existing numbers for free. Moreover, the platform provides dynamic number insertion (DNI) on the website and plays whispers to callers and receiving agents.
Before choosing CallTrackingMetrics, note that the smart routing feature isn’t available in its entry-level plan. If you prefer an affordable platform with this capability and other valuable call management tools, choose Convirza. Its starter plan, packed with robust features similar to what top business phone systems offer, only costs $19 monthly.
CallTrackingMetrics Monthly Pricing at a Glance*
- Performance: $39 for DNI on the website, online and offline advertising tracking, call recording, interactive voice response (IVR), short messaging service (SMS), local numbers for $2.50 a month, and toll-free numbers for $3.50 a month
- Growth: $119 for GeoContact, smart routing, automated triggers, call queues, post-call agent surveys, live chat compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards, local numbers for $1.50 a month, and toll-free numbers for $2.25 a month
- Connect: $329 for conference calls, smart dialer, barge and end-call options, SMS short codes, internal chat for agents and teams, local numbers for $1.25 a month, and toll-free numbers for $2 a month
- Free trial: 30 days
*Pricing is based on monthly billing. The entry-level plan’s cost is reduced from $39 to $36 when you choose the annual billing cycle.
- GeoContact: Change the phone number displayed on your website based on the visitor’s geographic location. This increases customer trust and makes them more likely to call your business.
- Spam detective: This feature filters out unwanted spam calls by letting them go through a voice menu that requires keying in numbers. The call gets disconnected when the caller doesn’t select a menu option.
- Enhanced caller ID: Know the caller’s full name and billing address based on their phone number. Access important customer data like email address, residency, household income, age, and occupation.
WhatConverts: Best for Monitoring Ecommerce Leads
WhatConverts is one of the best CallRail competitors, providing a niche feature for businesses: ecommerce tracking. The platform sends alerts of online commercial transactions to Google Analytics, measuring the revenue generated from leads. With this tool, it’s easy to see the relationship between the overall website traffic and transaction conversions.
This software integrates with popular ecommerce platforms, such as Shopify and BigCommerce. But aside from ecommerce tracking, WhatConverts has robust call tracking capabilities. These include local and toll-free tracking numbers, DNI, keyword-level tracking, call recording, and whisper messages.
Unlike other alternatives to CallRail though, WhatConverts doesn’t have a mobile app. If you have remote team members who need to be constantly plugged into your call tracking software wherever they are, choose platforms with mobile apps compatible with iOS and Android devices. CallTrackingMetrics is a great option, offering a simple mobile app interface.
WhatConverts Monthly Pricing at a Glance
- CallTracking: $30 for DNI, keyword, campaign, and visitor tracking, lead management and reporting, call transcription, branded reports, local numbers for $2.50 each, and toll-free numbers for $3.50 each
- Plus: $60 for instant form tracking, chat tracking, full chat transcripts, ecommerce tracking, and transaction marketing data tracking
- Pro: $100 for voicemail, IVR menu, georouting, custom report builder, scheduled reports, an email summary of reports, and account setup service
- Elite: $160 for unlimited accounts and a dedicated account manager
- Agency: Custom quote for a customized number of phone call leads tracked and multiple accounts
- Free trial: 14 days
- Call tracking triggers: WhatConverts allows you to choose which calls to monitor based on the marketing channel the caller is coming from. For instance, you may configure the system to track only the visitors coming from search engines or web referrals.
- Multi-ring: Distribute phone calls to several phone numbers simultaneously to ensure no calls are unanswered. With the multi-ring reporting, you’ll see which agent had picked up calls.
- Call transcription: Revisit and evaluate phone calls more efficiently by reading conversations. The transcript has Caller and Recipient labels, making it easy to follow the discussion.
Ringba: Best CallRail Alternative With White-labeling Solutions
Ringba is the best CallRail alternative for marketing agencies looking for a cost-effective platform with excellent white-label solutions. The platform’s basic package doesn’t have a monthly fee. You only pay for the phone numbers and tracking minutes you’ll use. This fits agencies that handle various pay-per-call campaigns for different clients.
Ringba’s fully customizable platform lets you offer the software’s full functionality under your brand. You’ll have a custom domain name for the portal and a design tailored to match your brand image. The call tracking system has a partner management feature, which allows you to add publishers and buyers to the account and enable them to quickly see and apply to all available offers.
Unfortunately, Ringba doesn’t offer call transcription services. If this is an essential feature for your call tracking efforts, go for WhatConverts, which offers low rates per minute.
Ringba Monthly Pricing at a Glance
- Basic: No monthly fee, local tracking for 6.5 cents per minute, toll-free tracking for 7.5 cents per minute, local number for $3 a month, toll-free number for $4 a month, and call recording for 1 cent per minute.
- Premium: $99 a month, local tracking for 4.5 cents per minute, toll-free tracking for 5.5 cents per minute, local number for $2 a month, toll-free number for $3 a month, and call recording for 0.5 cents per minute
- Enterprise: Custom quotes for local and toll-free tracking, local and toll-free numbers, and call recording
- Automated routing: Ringba’s call routing system covers standard and IVR routing systems. Set routing rules according to assigned priority or allocate a certain number of calls to a specific team to manage calls more efficiently.
- Instant caller profile: Aside from demographics, Ringba’s caller ID features detailed information on customers’ lifestyle habits, interests, and personal financials. This helps in improving routing rules and creating a dynamic IVR.
- Account manager: Give team members visibility on certain information based on their role in the organization. A “Read Only” restriction is available for users who don’t need full access to specific data.
Convirza: Most Affordable CallRail Alternative
Convirza is the ideal CallRail alternative for budget-conscious teams. Among the software providers mentioned here, it has the lowest cost for an entry-level subscription plan packed with robust call tracking and routing features.
The starter package includes all the provider’s valuable capabilities, from online and offline call tracking and georouting to keyword-level tracking and click-to-call ads and extensions. It also has capabilities similar to small business voice-over-internet-protocol (VoIP) services, namely, call workflow builder and call recording.
Aside from the affordable base-level package, the provider offers discounts on phone numbers and local and toll-free minutes as you upgrade plans. The tracking numbers in the starter plan cost $3. Choosing the most expensive subscription plan reduces the price to $1.
Although Convirza offers valuable features at affordable rates, it falls short on third-party integrations. It only works with Google Analytics. CallTrackingMetrics and WhatConverts are the best options for call tracking software with robust integrations.
Convirza Monthly Pricing at a Glance
- Starter: $19 for 25-plus features, tracking numbers for $3, local minutes for 7 cents, text messages for 1.4 cents
- Professional: $99 for API access, user-level permissions, white-glove onboarding, professional support team, tracking numbers for $2, local minutes for 5 cents, and text messages for 1.2 cents
- Agency: Full white-labeling, agency account structures, dedicated account manager, tracking numbers for $1, local minutes for 4 cents, and text messages for 1 cent
- You Build It: Custom quote ideal for high-volume calls and enterprise customizations
- Free trial: 21 days
- Georouting: Direct phone calls to specific satellite offices based on the caller’s location. With this, customers will be able to connect with agents who understand their language and are able to build rapport over shared local knowledge.
- Call log reports: Get the summary of all calls and related information in one place. Share these reports via email with colleagues or download them for easy reference.
- Opportunity assistant: This AI-powered feature analyzes phone calls and identifies strong and unqualified leads, competitor mentions, and pending transactions. It alerts team members when a sale doesn’t push through. It also sends promotional offers or appointment invitations.
Retreaver: Best for Robust Call Management
Retreaver is the right solution for agencies wanting call tracking software that enables efficient call management. It uses attribute-based call routing, connecting leads to the best-matched buyer according to geolocation, affiliate ID, offer, or product. It’s also capable of directing the calls of previously converted callers to new buyers.
Meanwhile, its SkipThrough IVR is an adaptive IVR system. It only asks callers essential prequalifying questions and unknown attributes. This facilitates faster self-service and increases customer satisfaction. Retreaver features simultaneous dialing as well, which sends calls to a group of buyers and connects the prospect to the buyer who answers first.
Unlike CallTrackingMetrics though, Retreaver doesn’t track leads generated in other communication channels like forms and chats. If you’re running a multi-channel advertising campaign, CallTrackingMetrics is a better platform.
Retreaver Monthly Pricing at a Glance
Retreaver’s pricing is not published on its website. Previously, it had a pay-as-you-go pricing model, which includes call routing, conversion tracking, and analytics tools. The estimated monthly cost is $25 for 15 phone numbers, $1 per additional number, 200 minutes, 5 cents per additional minute, live call controls, and technical and inbound call consulting.
- Concurrency and hard caps: This call routing feature allows agencies to determine a limit on the number of concurrent calls a buyer receives. Configure the limit per day, hour, day, week, and month.
- Number pools: Assign numbers automatically for call sources on the landing page. When a customer call is completed, the numbers go back into the pool to be reused by other publishers.
- Conversion by attribute: Evaluate the effectiveness of call campaigns by looking at the factors influencing conversion. In this type of report, you’re able to segment data by tracking number, campaign, keyword, ad, or even lead lifecycle stage.
How We Evaluated the Best CallRail Alternatives
In determining the best CallRail alternatives, we identified criteria points that reflect businesses’ priorities when choosing a call tracking software system. These include pricing, general and advanced features, ease of use, customer support, and expert score.
Read on to learn the breakdown of these criteria points.
15% of Overall Score
To determine the affordability of the platform, we looked at the costs of the entry-level and second-tier pricing plans and evaluated if it’s higher or lower than the average price in the market. We checked if the providers have a free plan and discounts for volume purchases and annual billing arrangements.
25% of Overall Score
The general features we considered were call tracking, call recording, and real-time analytics. We gave extra points to providers with intelligent call routing features.
20% of Overall Score
The niche capabilities we evaluated included transcription and international numbers. We favored providers with IVR systems and only gave a half point to those with auto-attendants. We assessed how robust the third-party integrations are.
10% of Overall Score
We evaluated ease of use by determining the level of technical skill required to set up and operate the call tracking software. We gave more points to providers with a simple, easily navigable interface.
10% of Overall Score
The variety of customer communication channels was part of our evaluation. We gave more points to providers with email, phone, and live chat support, and 24/7 technical assistance.
20% of Overall Score
This includes our evaluation of the provider’s standout features, value for money, and ease of use. We checked user ratings in third-party review platforms to gauge each platform’s popularity.
Businesses looking to replace CallRail will benefit from the feature-rich, multi-channel tracking platform CallTrackingMetrics. It has extensive phone number coverage, offering local and toll-free tracking numbers in 80 countries. But aside from calls, it provides marketing attribution for other communication channels, like texts, form fills, and chats.
Its robust integrations make it easy to connect the platform to the team’s existing tech stack, including CRM systems, analytics tools, and social media platforms. Sign up for CallTrackingMetrics’ 30-day free trial today.