Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card
- Earn $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year
- Earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year
- Earn 1% cash back on all other card purchases with no limit to the amount you can earn
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- No Annual Fee
|INTRO APR||REGULAR APR||ANNUAL FEE||CREDIT NEEDED|
|0% Intro APR on Purchases||15.49% - 21.49% Variable||$0||Good - Excellent|
The Chase Ink Business CashSM card is one of the best cash-back rewards business credit cards available. This no-annual-fee card comes packed with features, including best-in-class introductory rewards and huge ongoing rewards for office supply spending. You’ll pay no interest for 12 months on purchases, then as little as 15.49% APR.
The best cash back business credit cards pay up to 5% cash back on bonus category spending. They also offer introductory rewards of as much as $500 and introductory 0% APR on purchases for 12 months or longer. This Chase card ranks among the best small business credit cards in all three areas. After assessing its costs and benefits, we give Chase Ink Business CashSM 5 out of 5 stars.
How We Evaluated Chase Ink Business CashSM
The Chase Ink Business CashSM card offers top ongoing rewards on office supply spending (5% on up to $25,000 annually) and a fantastic $500 introductory offer. It also comes with no annual fee and offers a lengthy 12 months interest-free on purchases.
We considered the following criteria when grading this cash-back business rewards card:
- Ongoing rewards: The cash back or points you’ll earn by using the Chase Ink Business CashSM card. You’ll earn top rewards on purchases at office supply stores and on telecommunications services.
- Introductory rewards: The cash back you’ll earn by reaching minimum spending requirements over the first few months of card ownership. The Chase Ink Business CashSM card offers $500 cash back after you spend $3,000 within three months.
- Annual fee: How much you’ll pay each year to own the card. The Chase Ink Business CashSM card charges no annual fee.
- Additional benefits: Whether the card comes with free perks that may increase its value. The Chase Ink Business CashSM card offers free perks like rental car insurance, purchase protection and extended warranty protection.
- Introductory APR: Whether the card offers a period of no-interest financing on purchases. The Chase Ink Business CashSM card offers 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases.
- Ongoing APR: How much it will cost to finance purchases on the card. This card charges an ongoing APR as low as 15.49%, which is about average for a small business credit card that offers rewards.
The Chase Ink Business CashSM card is one of the best small business credit cards available today. It offers lucrative rewards without charging an annual fee. This card becomes even more valuable when you pair it with a Chase card that’s part of the Ultimate Rewards program. You could transfer rewards earned with this card to your Chase Ink Business PreferredSM account to redeem rewards at a higher rate — 6.25% per dollar spent or more.
How We Evaluate Cash Back Business Credit Cards
When grading cash back business credit cards like the Chase Ink Business CashSM, we weight ongoing rewards heaviest. We rate introductory rewards as slightly less important, but they still are the second biggest factor in grading a card. We also take into account the annual fee, introductory and ongoing APRs and card benefits. This Chase small business credit card offers excellent introductory and ongoing rewards, as well as a strong 12-month interest free period.
We graded Chase Ink Business CashSM using the following methodology:
Based on our 5-star rating system where 20 points equals one star, Chase Ink Business CashSM earns a nearly perfect score. In cases where cards receive perfect scores in most categories, we may award bonus points to boost the card’s rating.
The best cash back business credit cards pay up to 5% cash back on bonus category spending. They also offer introductory rewards of as much as $500 and introductory 0% APR on purchases for 12 months or longer. This Chase small business credit card ranks among the best cards in all three areas.
Who Chase Ink Business CashSM is Right For
The Chase Ink Business CashSM card is best for owners who spend up to $25,000 annually on office supplies and telecommunications services. It also pays above-average ongoing rewards for gas station and restaurant purchases.
This card is also ideal for business owners who own additional personal or business Chase credit cards within its Ultimate Rewards program, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve card. You can transfer your Chase Ink Business CashSM rewards to one of these cards to receive a higher redemption value when booking travel.
Chase Ink Business CashSM Costs
This Chase Ink Business CashSM card comes with introductory 0% APR for 12 months on purchases. If you have to carry a balance, this isn’t a good card for you, as the the ongoing APR is at least two percentage points higher than what the Bank of America® Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard® charges.
Financing costs and fees on the Chase Ink Business CashSM card include:
- Introductory APR: 0% APR for 12 months on purchases
- Ongoing APR: 15.49% to 21.49%, which will adjust with the prime rate
- Annual fee: None
- Balance transfer fee: Either 5% of the amount of the transfer or $5, whichever is greater
- Foreign transaction fee: 3% for purchases made outside the U.S.
- Cash advance fee: 5% of the advance or $15, whichever is greater
- Late payment fee: $39
- Returned payment fee: $39
- Penalty APR: None
This Chase small business credit card is one of the best 0% APR business credit cards because it offers 0% APR on purchases for 12 months. Even so, you’ll pay a higher balance transfer fee than other cards charge. That’s no enough of a knock to diminish this card’s value in our eyes.
How to Avoid Paying Interest on Chase Ink Business CashSM
Your payment due date on the Chase Ink Business CashSM is at least 20 days after the close of the business cycle (when you receive your bill). Pay your balance in full by the due date to avoid interest charges. This card doesn’t carry a minimum interest charge.
The potential due date on this Chase small business credit card could be shorter than other cards, like the Wells Fargo Business Elite Card®, which has a payment due date at 25 days after the close of the business cycle.
Chase Ink Business CashSM Rewards
The Chase Ink Business CashSM card offers bonus category rewards on spending at office supply stores, gas stations and restaurants. It also offers the best introductory rewards available from a card that charges no annual fee. If you want to earn a sign-up bonus greater than $500, pick a card like the the Chase Ink Business PreferredSM card, which offers 80,000 points (worth $1,000 when redeemed for travel). That card carries a $95 annual fee.
You’ll earn the following introductory and ongoing rewards when using your credit card:
You’ll earn $500 cash back when you spend $3,000 within the first three months after account opening. The introductory rewards on this Chase small business credit card are identical to what you’d earn with the Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM card. This is the top sign-up bonus currently offered on a business credit card that charges no annual fee.
You will earn the following ongoing rewards when using your card:
- 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable, cellular phone, and landline services each account anniversary year, then 1% afterward
- 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year, then 1% afterward
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
No other small business credit card offers higher ongoing rewards for office supplies and telecommunications services, which is why this card earns such high marks from us. The rewards you’ll earn for gas and dining out, however, are topped by a number of other credit cards, including the American Express® Business Gold Card, which offers 4x points on U.S. purchases at gas stations and U.S. purchases at restaurants.
The Chase Ink Business CashSM won’t reward points for the following:
- Balance transfers
- Cash advances
- Travelers checks, foreign currency, money orders, wire transfers or similar cash-like transactions
- Lottery tickets, casino gaming chips, race track wagers or similar betting transactions
- Any checks that access your account
- Unauthorized or fraudulent charges
- Fees of any kind
Rewards never expire, but you will lose all of your unredeemed rewards if your account is closed or you don’t make the minimum payment within 60 days of the due date. Other business rewards credit cards have similar restrictions on the types of purchases that won’t qualify for rewards.
How To Redeem Your Rewards
You can redeem your rewards for cash back, gift cards and travel through the Chase online travel portal. Redemption value for all three options is one cent per point, which is standard among cash back credit cards. When redeeming for cash, you can receive a statement credit or a deposit into an eligible checking or savings account from a U.S.-based bank or credit union.
You also can increase your redemption value when you transfer rewards to another Chase card you own that’s part of the Ultimate Rewards program. If, for example, you transfer rewards to your Chase Sapphire Preferred personal card, each point is worth 1.25 cents when redeemed for travel. Cards that belong to the Ultimate Rewards program include the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred, and the Chase Ink Business PreferredSM.
You may be able to boost the redemption value further by combining your Chase Ink Business CashSM rewards with another Chase card and then transferring those points to one of the issuer’s airline partners. When transferred, point values vary, but your redemption value could exceed two cents per point or more when booking flights.
Chase Ink Business CashSM Additional Features
Chase Ink Business CashSM offers several travel and purchase protections as complementary perks, including rental car insurance and extended warranty protection. These perks are not uncommon for a small business credit card, but cardholders frequently overlook them.
You’ll receive the following free additional benefits:
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
When you rent a car using your Chase business card, you’re covered in case of accident or theft. Coverage is primary if the vehicle rental is for business purposes, which means you won’t need to use your personal auto insurance or accept insurance offered by the rental agency. You may receive reimbursement up to the cash value of the vehicle.
What’s Covered with Chase Ink Business CashSM Rental Insurance
The auto rental collision damage waiver covers damage due to collision or theft. Both the cardholder and any additional drivers permitted by the rental agreement are covered. Rentals of 31 consecutive days or less are eligible. You’ll also be covered for “reasonable and customary towing charges” and loss-of-use charges incurred by the rental car company.
This coverage is similar to what other cards that offer primary rental car insurance cover. Unlike this Chase small business credit card, some cards also may place a monetary cap on the coverage. The American Express Business Platinum Card®, for example, caps coverage at $75,000.
What’s Excluded from Chase Ink Business CashSM Rental Insurance
The following auto rental collision damage waiver coverage limits apply:
- Expensive, exotic, and antique automobiles
- Vans designed to carry more than eight people
- Trucks, motorcycles, mopeds, motorbikes, limousines, and recreational vehicles
- Expenses reimbursed under your personal auto insurance policy, your employer or your employer’s insurance
- Injury of anyone or anything inside or outside of the vehicle
- Leases and mini leases
- Loss or theft of personal belongings
The exclusions are similar to what other small business cards that offer primary rental car insurance exclude.
Chase Ink Business CashSM Purchase Protection
Chase may repair, replace or reimburse for items purchased with your credit card that are damaged or stolen within 120 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per item, up to $50,000 per year.
What Purchases Chase Ink Business CashSM Covers
Purchase protection covers items stolen or damaged or that “in which the item’s location is known but recovery is impractical to complete.” This coverage is similar to what other small business credit cards that offer purchase protection cover.
What Purchases Chase Ink Business CashSM Excludes
The following purchases are not covered by purchase purchase:
- Animals and living plants
- Antiques or collectible items
- Boats, aircraft, automobiles, and any other motorized vehicles
- Computer software
- Items purchased for resale
- Items that are lost or that vanish in an unexplained manner without evidence of a wrongful act
- Items under the care and control of a common carrier like the U.S. Postal Service or an airline
- Jewelry and watches stored in checked baggage
- Theft or damage resulting from abuse, fraud, hostilities of any kind, confiscation by the authorities, risks of contraband, illegal activities, normal wear and tear, flood, earthquake, radioactive contamination, or damage from inherent product defects
- Medical equipment
- Perishables or consumables
- Real estate
- Rented or leased items
- Traveler’s checks, cash, tickets, credit or debit cards, and any other negotiable instruments
- Used or pre-owned items
Business credit cards that offer this coverage typically limit coverage to either 90 or 120 days after purchase. Chase Ink Business CashSM offers a longer coverage window than Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business. Exclusions here are common across small business credit cards.
Chase Ink Business CashSM Extended Warranty Protection
Chase will extend the original manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year on warranties of three years or less up to a maximum of $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account. You must have charged some portion of the purchase to your card or used reward points to make the purchase
What Chase Ink Business CashSM Extended Warranty Warranty Protection Covers
Extended warranty protection covers eligible items with a valid original manufacturer-written U.S. repair warranty of three years or less.This is a smaller window of additional coverage than some other small business credit cards offer.
What Chase Ink Business CashSM Extended Warranty Protection Excludes
The following purchases are not covered by extended warranty protection:
- Boats, automobiles, aircraft, and any other motorized vehicles
- Any costs other than those specifically covered under the terms of the original manufacturer’s written U.S. repair warranty
- Items purchased for resale
- Computer software
- Medical equipment
- Real estate
- Rented or leased items
- Used or pre-owned items
These exclusions to this card’s extended warranty protection are similar to what other cards that offer warranty protection exclude.
Chase Ink Business CashSM Travel and Emergency Assistance Services
Chase will provide travel, emergency, medical and legal assistance 24 hours a day to the cardholder, their spouse, and dependent children age 22 year or younger. Like with most small business credit cards, this is mostly a concierge service. The cardholder is responsible for the cost of any assistance.
Services Chase Ink Business CashSM Provides
This card covers the following travel and emergency assistance:
- Arranges for transportation under medical supervision
- Relays messages for travelers 24 hours a day
- Arranges for the replacement and deliver of new tickets in case of loss
- Offers help with common carrier claim procedures when you’ve lost luggage
This card covers the following medical and legal assistance:
- Referrals to local doctors, dentists, hospitals, and pharmacies
- Assistance with prescription replacements
- Referrals to translator in all major languages
Some cards that charge an annual fee may offer more robust assistance, but that doesn’t diminish the value of this free perk. The American Express® Business Gold Card, for example, includes on its Global Assist Hotline bail bond assistance and referral to an attorney who speaks English.
Adding Chase Ink Business CashSM Employee Credit Cards
You may add employee credit cards at no cost with the Chase Ink Business CashSM. Most small business credit card issuers (with the exception of American Express) charge no fee on employee credit cards, even if the primary card carries an annual fee. Chase does not limit the number of employee cards you can get, but says you should consider a corporate credit card if you need more than 100.
What Chase Ink Business CashSM is Missing
Chase Ink Business CashSM is not ideal for your business if you have significant travel expenses. You’ll earn just 1% cash back on airfare and hotel stays. The best business credit cards for travel offer ongoing rewards of up to 5% on airfare and hotel purchases. For best-in-class travel rewards, choose the American Express Business Platinum® Card, which offers 5x points on flights and prepaid hotels booked through AmexTravel.com.
Chase Ink Business CashSM Reviews
Chase Ink Business CashSM reviews generally are very positive. Users say they value the business-oriented rewards structure — particularly the 5% cash back on office supply store purchases — and the lack of an annual fee. Some users say the ongoing APR is too high. For cardholders with credit scores of 750 or higher, the APR is about average for a small business credit card.
How to Apply for Chase Ink Business CashSM
Apply for the Chase Ink Business CashSM online by filling out a basic application.You’ll need to provide both business and personal information, like your Social Security number and business address. You may be approved instantly. If you’re not, check your application status online if you’re an existing Chase customer; otherwise call 800-453-9719. If you’re approved, you’ll receive your card in the mail within seven to 10 days.
How to Login To Your Chase Ink Business CashSM Account
Login to your Chase Ink Cash account by providing your user ID and password. You can also contact customer service from the number on the back of your card.
Other Chase Business Credit Cards
Chase offers five other business credit cards, all of which offer rewards. Some cards are partner cards that reward you for airline travel expenses. The others offer points or cash back on all of your purchases. You may want to consider another Chase small business credit card if you don’t have major office supply expenses.
The other small business credit cards offered by Chase include the:
- Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM: This card is best for owners who don’t want to track bonus category spending. You’ll earn 1.5% cash back on all purchases. You’ll pay no annual fee.
- Chase Ink Business PreferredSM: This card is best for businesses with large travel budgets. You’ll earn 3x points on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases on travel, shipping, internet, cable and phone services, and advertising purchases each account anniversary year. You’ll pay a $95 annual fee.
- UnitedSM Explorer Business Card: This card is best for owners who frequently use United Airlines for business travel. It pays 2x miles on United purchases, and at restaurants, gas stations and office supply stores. You’ll pay a $95 annual fee, waived the first year.
- United MileagePlus Club Business Card: This card is best for heavy travelers who primarily fly United Airlines. It pays 2x miles on United purchases and 1.5x miles on everything else. The annual fee is $450.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card: This card is best for businesses that frequently use Southwest Airlines for travel. It pays 2x points on Southwest purchases and 6,000 bonus points on each cardmember anniversary. You’ll pay a $99 annual fee.
Alternatives to Chase Ink Business CashSM
If your budget doesn’t include large office supply or telecommunications expenses, there are better cards to choose than the Chase Ink Business CashSM. Other small business credit cards offer richer rewards on travel or better free benefits.
3 Alternatives to Chase Ink Business CashSM
Note: The information related to the UnitedSM Explorer Business Card, United MileagePlus Club Business Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve and Chase Sapphire Preferred has been collected by fitsmallbusiness.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of these cards.