Editor’s note: This is a recurring post with regularly updated card details.
Business credit cards with no foreign transaction fee are designed for people who travel outside the United States for work purposes. If you don’t apply for one of these cards, some issuers charge foreign transaction fees up to 3%. The best options allow you to earn rewards on foreign transactions and offer premium benefits like free access to airport lounges.
The best business credit cards with no foreign transaction fee are:
- American Express Business Platinum Card®: (Best overall) Best for premium travel benefits, including access to more than 1,200 airport lounges around the world
- Chase Ink Business Preferred®: Best for maximizing travel rewards with lower annual fees
- Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business: Best for 2x miles on every purchase, including foreign transactions
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card: Best for staying at more than 2,000 Marriott properties outside the US
- Hilton Honors American Express Card: Best for staying at thousands of Hilton hotels outside the US
- Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard®: Best for earning travel rewards while paying no annual fee
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®: Best for flying with American Airlines
- Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business: Best for personal credit scores between 580 and 669
For more details on how we evaluated business credit cards for this list, see our methodology.
American Express Business Platinum Card®: Overall Best Business Credit Card With No Foreign Transaction Fee
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Gaining access to unrivaled travel rewards and luxury travel perks like airport lounge access
- Welcome Offer: Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Platinum Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when you book on amextravel.com.
- Breeze through security with CLEAR® where available and get up to $179 back per year on your membership when you use your Card.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- PAY OVER TIME OPTION: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.
- Terms Apply.
- Free access to more than 1,200 airport lounges worldwide
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® membership fee reimbursements
- Balance is due in full monthly
- Steep $595 annual fee
- American Express lounges: Free access to American Express’ network of Centurion lounges located in slightly less than a dozen US airports.
- Other airport lounges: Priority Pass Select membership, which gets you free access to more than 1,000 lounges worldwide for you and two guests.
- Airport screening: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry every 4 years or $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every 4 1/2 years.
- Travel credit: A $200 annual statement credit toward air travel expenses like baggage fees and inflight food and drink.
- Rental status: Elite status at a number of car rental agencies.
- Free Wi-Fi: 10 annual free Gogo inflight Wi-Fi passes.
- Rebate for redeemed points: 35% points rebate if you book a business or first-class flight, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Dell statement credit: Up to $200 in statement credits annually for Dell purchases.
Why we like it: The American Express Business Platinum Card® is the overall best business credit card with no foreign transaction fee because it makes business travel more enjoyable through its premium features. You’ll be able to earn 5x points on travel purchases through American Express and relax in lounges before your flight departs.
You’ll also have the luxury of avoiding interest and using a card with no preset spending limit. However, this means the balance must be paid in full every month. Companies that can afford these repayments terms will find this card to be extremely lucrative, giving them the buying power they need.
*No Preset Spending Limit means the spending limit is flexible. In fact, unlike a traditional credit card with a set limit, the amount you can spend adapts based on factors such as your purchase, payment, and credit history.
Additionally, you can receive application fee credits for Global Entry or TSA Precheck—two programs that give you access to expedited airport security screenings. This feature will let you pass through US customs or airport security lines in a breeze.
Chase Ink Business Preferred®: Best for Maximizing Travel Rewards at a Lower Annual Fee
BEST FOR Maximizing travel rewards at a lower annual fee
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Maximizing travel rewards at a lower annual fee
Why we like it: Most business travel credit cards that offer top-of-the-line rewards typically charge high annual fees. Luckily with this card, you can maximize your earnings while paying a lower annual fee. You’ll earn 3x points across four categories, including travel expenses.
Plus, Chase’s definition of travel spending is liberal compared to other cards on our list. You’ll earn 3x points in more than 10 travel categories, including airlines, hotels, motels, timeshares, car rental agencies, cruise lines, and travel agencies.
Choose this business credit card if you travel for work frequently but don’t want to pay $500 or more in annual fees for a credit card.
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business: Best for Fixed-Rate Rewards on Every Purchase
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
Unlimited 2x miles with every swipe
- Introductory reward worth $500 in travel after you spend $4,500 within the first three months
- 2x miles per $1 spent
- 5x miles on hotel and rental car bookings through the issuer
- Issue employee cards for free
- No foreign transaction fees
- TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry application fee credit
- You’ll pay an annual fee after the first year
- Doesn’t offer interest-free financing
- Airport security screening reimbursement: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry or an $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every four years.
- Purchase assurance: Most purchases made entirely with your card are covered if damaged or stolen within 90 days from the date of purchase. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder account per 12 month period.
- Extended warranty coverage: Doubles the original warranty time period and duplicates the coverage of the original manufacturer’s warranty up to a maximum of 12 months on most items you purchase.
- Travel medical emergency assitance: Provide referrals to medical services if you have a medical emergency while traveling. You’re covered if you’re 100 or more miles away from home and from the day you leave until midnight of the 60th day of your trip, or the day you return to your city of residence, whichever is sooner.
Why we like it: If you’re too busy traveling and don’t want to worry about tracking category-based rewards, this card can help solve that problem. You’ll have the luxury of earning fixed-rate miles on every purchase, including purchases made outside the US. This simplified rewards program makes it so you won’t have to track where you spend your money to maximize your rewards.
With Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business, you’ll also have the chance to elevate your business travel. Much like our top card, you can receive application fee credits when you apply for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck. These airport security programs can help you access shorter security lines or expedited security checks. If you travel often, a feature like this can make business travel less of a headache.
Capital One also offers the Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business card, which is a great alternative if you want a nearly identical card that offers cash back rewards. However, that card does not offer the airport security screening reimbursement program.
Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card: Best for Marriott Bonvoy Hotel Stays Outside the US
Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card
Owners who choose to stay at Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- Welcome Offer: Earn 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 of eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn up to $150 back in statement credits on eligible purchases made on your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping. 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status with your Card. Plus, earn Gold Elite status after making $35,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Terms apply.
- You’ll enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status
- Earn 6x points per $1 spent at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- You’ll pay a $125 annual fee
- Points are worth less when redeemed for less expensive hotels
- Baggage insurance: Covers the loss of any checked or carry-on baggage in direct transit from a common carrier or terminal. Coverage is limited to $1,250.
- Purchase protection: Covers purchased items from theft or damage for the first 120 days from purchase. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per year.
- Extended warranty protection: Offers up to an additional two years of warranty coverage on U.S. manufacturers’ warranties of five years or less.
- Complimentary Silver Elite status: Receive complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status and have access to exclusive benefits, such as 25% bonus points on purchases at participating hotels, priority late checkout, and access to an elite reservation line.
Why we like it: Business owners who regularly stay at Marriott Bonvoy hotels, which include all of the Ritz-Carlton and former Starwood Preferred Guest properties, will find this card beneficial. You’ll earn top rewards at participating Marriott locations and have a shot at earning a substantial welcome offer. You can redeem these rewards for free hotel rooms, saving your business tons of money.
Beyond earning rewards at participating Marriott locations, including ones outside the US, you’ll also earn 2x points on other purchases, which accounts for foreign transactions. Restaurants, gas stations, and telecommunication services are the only rewards categories that are restricted to US-based purchases.
Cardholders also receive complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status. With this program, you can tap into cardmember benefits like bonus points, late checkout, and an elite reservation line. Between the rewards and additional perks, consider this card if your business spends big at Marriott hotels each year.
Hilton Honors American Express Business Card: Best for Earning Hilton Hotel Rewards
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
Maximizing rewards on Hilton-related purchases
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, Earn Up to $100 in Statement Credits on eligible purchases made on the Card at any of the Hilton family of hotels in the first 12 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/25/2021.
- Earn Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card: 12X at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio, 6X on Select Business & Travel Purchases, 3X on all other eligible purchases. Terms & Limitations Apply.
- Enjoy complimentary Gold Status with your Hilton Honors Business Card.
- Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Earn another Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend an additional $45,000 in purchases on your Card in the same calendar year.
- Terms apply.
- 10 free Priority Pass airport lounge visits per year
- Receive complimentary Hilton Gold Status
- Redemption options other than hotel stays are poor
- Hilton points are only worth 50% of other hotel loyalty programs
- Complimentary Gold Status: You will receive complimentary Hilton Honors Gold Status, which gets you additional benefits like complimentary breakfast and rollover nights.
- Free weekend night reward: Earn a free weekend night reward after you spend $15,000 in one year; earn a second weekend night reward after you spend $60,000 in one year.
- Purchase protection: Covers your purchases for 120 days from purchase date if they’re damaged or stolen; coverage is limited to $1,000 per item and $50,000 per year.
- Extended warranty protection: Offers up to an additional two years of coverage on manufacturers’ warranties of five years or less.
Why we like it: If you’re a loyal Hilton customer, this card can be your ticket to using your card outside the US without worry. In addition to avoiding foreign transaction fees, you can earn 12x points for purchases made directly with Hilton properties and 3x points on all other purchases, including foreign transactions. These rewards should please any Hilton customer.
Additionally, you can pocket rewards both on select business and travel purchases. For example, the card pays 6x points per $1 spent in categories like gas stations, shipping services, restaurants, and flights booked through American Express. At first glance, these rewards seem to be the best on our list. However, Hilton Honors points are only worth half a cent each, so they can take a long time to accumulate.
Beyond strong rewards, the additional features also make this card extremely attractive to Hilton customers. For example, the 10 free Priority Pass airport lounge visits per year will make business travel more enjoyable.
Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard®: Best for No Annual Fees
Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card
Earning top rewards on travel purchases booked through Bank of America
9 billing cycles
- Earn 30,000 bonus points when you make at least $3,000 in net purchases within 90 days of your account opening which can be redeemed for a $300 statement credit towards travel purchases.
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points for every $1 spent on all purchases everywhere, every time-no matter how much you spend. Points don't expire.
- Earn 3 points per every dollar spent on travel purchases (car, hotel, airline) booked through the Bank of America® Travel Center.
- No annual fee and no international transaction fees.
- 0% Introductory APR on purchases for your first 9 billing cycles.
- Redeem points for travel with no blackout dates, cash back or gift cards.
- Get 75% more points on the base earn of every purchase you make when you’re a Preferred Rewards for Business Platinum Honors tier member. That means you will earn 2.62 points for every $1 you spend and 4.12 points per every $1 you spend at the Bank of America® Travel Center.
- 3x points on travel
- 0% APR on purchases
- No blackout dates on travel
- Low ongoing rewards on non-travel
- Low introductory bonus
- No 0% APR on balance transfers
Bank of American does not disclose details of its additional card features. To find out more about these additional features, review your guide to benefits when you receive your card in the mail.
Why we like it: While avoiding foreign transaction fees is a huge benefit, so is avoiding annual fees. With this card, you can do both, making it possible to keep more cash in your business’s bank account. Use this card to save on credit card costs, finance purchases for nine billing cycles, and earn rewards while on business trips outside the US.
For a card that charges no annual fee, its three points per $1 spent in categories like travel are excellent rewards to start. However, it also provides you a way to boost that return rate.
When you enroll in Bank of America’s Preferred Rewards for Business program, you can receive up to an additional 75% rewards bonus on all spending. This means you’ll earn up to 5.25 points on travel and 2.62 points on all purchases, which is one of the highest rates on our list for everyday spending. You’ll need a balance of at least $100,000 to earn this rate.
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®: Best for Flying American Airlines
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®
Frequent American Airlines flyers who want premium airline perks
- 2 AAdvantage® miles on telecommunications, car rental, gas station purchases
- 2 AAdvantage® mile on eligible American Airlines purchases
- 1 AAdvantage® mile on other purchases
- First checked bag free
- Terms Apply
- Excellent introductory bonus offer
- Free first checked bag
- Priority boarding on American Airlines flights
- No airport lounge access
- Blackout dates for select booking
- Some rewards redemption fees may apply
- Free checked bag: Check one bag for free for you and up to four companions traveling with you to domestic itineraries if they are listed on the same reservation
- Preferred boarding: You and up to four traveling companions will be able to board once priority boarding is complete but before the rest of economy boards
- American Airlines companion certificate: Earn one $99 domestic economy fare—plus $21.60 to $43.40 in government taxes and fees—after you make at least $30,000 in eligible purchases each 12-month period before your card anniversary date
- Savings on inflight purchases: Receive a 25% discount on inflight food, beverage, and Wi-Fi purchases you make with your CitiBusiness credit card
Why we like it: If you or your employees fly with American Airlines, this small business credit card can help you save big on travel expenses. Plus, you can have better travel experiences as this card offers free checked bags and priority boarding. Most other cards on this list don’t offer these free perks.
Beyond added perks like free checked bags, American Airlines loyalists will appreciate the airline-specific rewards. You’ll pocket two miles for every $1 spent on purchases made with the airline, on car rentals, and at gas stations. While these rewards are not as high as others, they’ll still prove to be beneficial if you swipe your card frequently for American Airlines purchases.
American Airlines flies to 49 foreign countries, which means there’s plenty of opportunities for you to take advantage of this card’s no foreign transaction fees.
Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business: Best for Fair Credit (580 to 669)
Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business
Fair credit business owners (580 to 669)
- 1% cash back every time you swipe
- Build your business credit through responsible usage
- Issue employee cards for free
- Opportunity to build business credit
- Earn fixed-rate rewards even with fair credit scores
- Rewards never expire
- High APR
- No sign-up bonus
- Reports to personal credit bureaus
- Purchase protection: Capital One will replace, repair, or reimburse you for eligible items in the event of theft or damage within the first 90 days of purchase.
- Extended warranty protection: You’ll get additional warranty protection on eligible items that are purchased with your business card, up to 1 year past the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: You’re covered for damage due to collision or theft when you rent an eligible car with your Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business card.
Why we like it: If your personal credit score ranges from 580 to 669 and you want to avoid foreign transaction fees, you’ve found your card. Although this card has fewer requirements, you’ll still benefit from no annual fees and the opportunity to earn unlimited cash back rewards.
Cardholders earn unlimited 1% cash back on all purchases, everywhere with no limits or category restrictions. These rewards are an added benefit beyond the ability to build both your business and personal credit. You should use this card until your credit score is at least 670, which is the typical minimum credit score requirement for the best cards on this list.
If your personal credit score is below 580, consider a secured business credit card. Those cards have credit limits that are typically equal to a cash deposit held in a collateral account.
How We Evaluated Business Credit Cards With No Foreign Transaction Fee
We looked at small business credit cards that charge no foreign transaction fees and determined the best by evaluating each card’s rewards and additional features. The main purpose of these cards is to save you money on frequent foreign transactions. Plus, the rewards structures and perks like priority boarding and free checked bags make these cards lucrative beyond their fee structure.
Choose a business card without foreign transaction fees if you or your employees travel outside the US for work purposes often. Most business credit cards typically charge foreign transaction fees of up to 3%, which can quickly add up. You can avoid a fee like this easily by choosing a card from this list.
For rates and fees on the American Express Business Platinum Card®, please click here.
For rates and fees on the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card, please click here.
For rates and fees on the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, please click here.