Dext Prepare is a business management software that features receipt scanning, expense reporting, and bookkeeping and analytic tools. It integrates with popular accounting software like Xero, QuickBooks, and Sage Accounting. Small businesses can use Dext Prepare to streamline expense reporting and reimbursement through approval flows and receipt processing features. You can get Dext Prepare starting at $27 per month.
Dext Prepare Deciding Factors
Supported Business Types
Businesses with a small workforce
Accounting Software Integration
Support ticket, help center
Dext Prepare Alternatives
Best for managing employee reimbursements and for businesses with a lot of employees
Best for outsourcing physical receipt processing performed by a Shoeboxed employee
Best for combining an accounting platform and a receipt scanning tool
Starting at $0 for 3 users or $5 for unlimited users
Ranging from $29 to $89
Ranging from $15 to $200
Dext Prepare Pricing
Dext Prepare, formerly known as Receipt Bank, offers three pricing plans with monthly or annual billing. You can save up to 20% if you choose the annual billing option.
Monthly Price If Billed Monthly
Monthly Price If Billed Annually
Number of Users
Number of Documents Per Month
Number of Bank Statement Extractions
Extract Information From Documents
Collect Bills & Invoices Automatically
Connect With Major Accounting Software
Export Data Into PDF or comma-separated values (CSV) Files
Publish Bills & Invoices to Accounting Software
Supplier & Customer Rules
Connect With Secondary Software
Check for Missing Items
Track Unpaid Invoices
Purchase Order (PO) Matching
Line Item Extraction From Receipts
Prioritize Urgent Items
Create Automated Expense Reports
Dext Prepare Features
Dext Prepare offers features that can help businesses and accountants manage their books conveniently. Let’s look at its most notable features.
Dext Prepare’s workspace is clean and easily understandable and isn’t intimidating for first-time users. Its tabular-style format is neat and doesn’t look cramped, making it easy to read. You can also reorder the items by user, date, supplier, category, and total.
The toolbar is a recent addition to Dext Prepare’s user experience redesign. It includes new buttons for easy access and use:
1. Publish: All checked items will be published to the accounting software integrated with Dext Prepare.
2. Archive: All published, downloaded, or processed items will be transferred to the Archive page, where they’ll be stored permanently.
3. Add To Expense Report: Selected items can be included in an expense report that Dext Prepare can generate.
4. Tools: Click to access other tools like bulk edit, export, convert to sale, clear publishing data, flag, unflag, and delete.
5. Search Bar: Search for items in your system through Advanced Search where you can look specifically for particular items based on certain categories.
6. Filters: It can help you see specific items that match the categories. You can check several categories to narrow your search down.
7. Table Settings: You can edit your workspace through the table settings. You can add or remove columns based on the following categories:
- Invoice number
- Base total
- Due Date
- Item ID
8. Vertical Menu Button: You can see additional features here, such as the Outstanding Paperwork function, which is available in Dext Streamline and Optimize Partner accounts. These accounts are specific for accountants and bookkeepers, and you can get them through the Dext Partner program. Small businesses that aren’t engaged in accounting and bookkeeping services shouldn’t get them.
There are several ways to add documents on Dext Prepare:
- Upload from computer: Upload directly from your computer or use the drag-and-drop feature for ease of use
- Collect directly from suppliers: By establishing a Fetch Connection in the Connections tab, Fetch will collect documents automatically from authorized suppliers and post them on Dext Prepare within 48 hours
- Send through email: Send documents using your Dext Prepare email
- Use Dropbox: By establishing a Dropbox Connection in the Connections tab, Dext Prepare will have a dedicated folder on your Dropbox account; upload any file and it’ll upload it to your Dext Prepare account automatically
- Use PayPal: By establishing a PayPal Connection in the Connections tab, Dext Prepare will check your PayPal account for payments and automatic payments automatically at 24-hour intervals
When adding documents, you can classify them immediately into three major categories: Costs, Sales, and Bank. Use the Costs panel to add bills, receipts, and purchase invoices. For sales invoices, use the Sales panel. All of your bank statements go to the Bank panel.
Dext Prepare can generate expense reports automatically with the Effortless Expense Reports feature. With it, you have the option to choose weekly, bimonthly, or monthly as the period of reporting. Employees can also get the feature on their accounts, and you will need to indicate which ones do. Dext Prepare recommends that only employees submitting expense items should use this feature.
Once you’ve uploaded documents to the software, its automatic extraction will gather all the necessary information. It can extract the following information:
- Original document image
- Type of document, including receipt, sales invoice, and credit note
- Document date
- Total amount paid or due
- Tax amount
- Invoice number
- Payment method
Dext Prepare User Reviews
Dext Prepare users find the software helpful in collecting and compiling receipts and in accounting for receipts and reimbursements before syncing data to their accounting software. However, they also found issues related to errors in line item extractions, slow optical character recognition, and poor customer support. Here are the user review scores of Dext Prepare on third-party websites:
- GetApp: 4.2 out of 5 stars based on around 100 reviews
- G2: 4.6 out of 5 stars based on around 220 reviews
- Trustpilot: 4.5 out of 5 stars based on around 1,100 reviews
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who uses Dext Prepare?
Small businesses with fewer than 30 employees benefit from Dext Prepare. Accounting firms also use it because the provider has a partner program for accounting professionals.
Is Dext Prepare expensive?
Dext Prepare is affordable for businesses with a few employees. For only $80 per month, you can add up to 30 users.
Is Dext Prepare scalable?
No, Dext Prepare isn’t scalable since it has a limit of only 30 users. If you’re a large company, we prefer choosing expense trackers that bill based on the number of active users. Check out our list of the best business expense tracker apps for more information.
Dext Prepare shows promising features that can compete with its direct competitors. It’s best suited for small businesses since it provides a convenient way for them and their accountants to upload invoices and receipts. With Dext expanding into different software solutions in the near future, we’re excited to see how it will interconnect products.