The Hostinger website builder is one of the newest website builders and the one with the most built-in artificial intelligence (AI) features. It’s easy to use, fast, and nimble, giving you the design flexibility to create a custom-looking website quickly. It is a great (and highly affordable) choice for informational websites and smaller ecommerce operations. Read more in our expert Hostinger website builder review below.
When to Use Hostinger Website Builder
- You’re a beginner getting started with web design: Hostinger is easy to use for beginners, and its templates can help you get started fast.
- You’re building an informational website: Hostinger’s lack of integrations helps keep the interface simple, and this simplicity makes it a great choice for businesses and nonprofits that need to share information.
- You’re a creative professional building a portfolio: Hostinger’s drag-and-drop builder creates beautiful galleries, making it ideal for photographers, artists, and graphic designers looking to beef up their online presence with a professional portfolio.
- Businesses on a tight budget: At just $2.99, Hostinger offers one of the least expensive website builders available, making it a great fit for businesses pinching pennies.
- Those wanting an AI content writer: Hostinger sports an advanced artificial intelligence (AI) generative content writer to help create compelling content for your website and blog posts.
When to Use an Alternative
- You need to book appointments online: Hostinger lacks the ability to take appointments online. Consider GoDaddy instead. Read our GoDaddy review to learn more.
- You need advanced ecommerce features: Hostinger has basic ecommerce functionality, but it limits the number of products you can sell, and its ecommerce features are somewhat basic. Consider Weebly, which was built for ecommerce. Learn more with our Weebly review.
- You need advanced functionality or more customization: Hostinger is great for basic website building, but for full functionality and customization, consider Wix. Read why in our Wix review.
Cost & Plans
Hostinger charges a single rate for its website builder platform. It’s $2.99 per month for the first year and $8.99 per month upon renewal (and even less with longer-term contracts). Here’s a look at the features you get:
- Free domain and email address (one per domain)
- Up to 100 websites, plus unlimited SSL
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth
- AI content writer
- AI heatmap engagement analyzer
- Logo and slogan generators
- Ecommerce for up to 500 physical or digital products
- Unlimited blogging
- Easy marketing integrations for Google and Facebook ads and remarketing
- AdSense integration in the dashboard
- 24/7 customer support
Hostinger Review of Features & Capabilities
Our Hostinger website builder review found that the platform has a clean, easy-to-use website editor that keeps it simple through limited features. That’s not to say Hostinger isn’t up to par for building your brand presence online. On the contrary, it’s actually one of the easiest to use, and it manages to pack in enough functionality to make it worth the look.
Expand the tabs below to learn more about the capabilities and features we discovered in our Hostinger review:
Hostinger offers two paths to creating the perfect small business website: you can choose a template or let the artificial intelligence (AI) designer build a site for you. Take a look at each below.
- Choose a template: This path gives you more options on the design front, as you will be asked to choose from a selection of about 90 templates. Once you’ve chosen your template, editing your website is as easy as pointing, clicking, and uploading your own images or entering a new website copy. Intuitive menus help guide you through the process of customizing your template.
- AI designer: This path to a website gives you a little bit less design freedom but may produce a more polished result if you’re a complete beginner. You will answer a few questions about your website and, based on your responses to the prompts, the AI developer will create a website for you. From there, you can customize images and text to fit your needs.
Hostinger’s website builder is a mix of content block and drag-and-drop editing. You can move elements easily by clicking and dragging them, while adding new elements to the website combines navigating menus and dragging and dropping. It’s fast, easy to use, and, best of all, great for beginners who’ve never built a website before.
In addition, a free image library is built in, so there’s no need to purchase artwork separately. Plus, there are animations and effects you can add for visual interest and customization.
Hostinger website builder includes some exciting AI features that can help you take your website to the next level. It includes a state-of-the-art artificial intelligence (AI) content writer that will help you make easy work of website copy. An AI-enhanced heat map shows you where your audience engagement is excelling and lacking.
The AI writer is simple to use. Click “AI Writer” in the side menu, answer a few prompts, and click generate text. It will create paragraphs of content that you can copy and paste into your website. The AI writer is powerful but not perfect.
While it generates relatively good site copy, you’ll still need to read the content carefully to fact-check it and make sure it is error-free. Plus, it’s only programmed to write content for specific industry types. If you need a more comprehensive AI writer, you might need to lean on providers from our list of the best AI content writers.
Alternatively, you could consider building a website on HubSpot. Its AI writer is now in public Beta and included in site builder plans.
The AI heat map predicts where users’ attention will go. Access the AI heat map under the AI tools menu. The AI tool will scan your site and highlight the areas where user attention is most likely to be drawn. This lets you strategically place important information and visual elements directly in a visitor’s line of sight.
Hostinger makes marketing simpler by incorporating tools to help you manage ads and connect with your site’s visitors. Both Google Ads and Facebook ads are incorporated into the website dashboard. This makes it easier to create retargeting ads–-ads that appear to visitors of your site after they’ve left. Retargeting helps keep potential customers on the hook longer and increases conversions in the long run.
Additional marketing tools include incorporating Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. This gives you the ability to track how visitors are reaching your site and how they’re behaving once they get on your pages. Both Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager are free to use.
During the setup of your website, you’ll be given the option to choose online payment methods from a list of more than 20 options. These methods include popular choices such as PayPal and Stripe, as well as options that are popular with international buyers.
When you choose PayPal, your visitors can pay using either their credit or debit card or their PayPal account. If you don’t want to accept PayPal, consider Stripe, which allows you to accept all major credit and debit cards.
Setting up your online store is a straightforward process. Hostinger website builder features include an ecommerce platform. Like the editor itself, the store builder is drag-and-drop. Accessing it is simple: just click the shopping cart icon. Then click “Manage products,” which takes you into the setup system for your online store.
From there, you’ll be asked a series of questions before adding your first product. Adding products to your store is accomplished with a menu-based system similar to the store setup itself. Simply click “Add products,” and then follow the prompts.
Hostinger provides some basic options for optimizing your website for search engines like Google and Bing. Search engine optimization (SEO) options include your website’s name and meta description, a keyword or phrase list, and the ability to edit slugs. Also, you can set alternative tags (aka alt-tags) for all of your images. Plus, you can use Hostinger’s built-in AI content generator to create text for titles, meta descriptions, alt-tags, and more.
For online stores, Hostinger also has ecommerce product SEO. Hostinger’s section-based templates are mobile-friendly to help you rank higher in online search. In addition, it uses a global content delivery network (CDN) that stores your site on servers worldwide for fast site speed from anywhere.
Hostinger Website Builder Review for Ease of Use
Hostinger is easy to use and makes it fast to build a website. Depending on whether you choose to start with a template or tap into their AI designer, you’ll answer a series of questions about your website and your goals. After answering the prompts, you’ll either choose your template or get started editing the site the AI created for you. The video tutorial below outlines how easy it is to use the Hostinger website builder to create a site.
Overall, Hostinger’s website builder is remarkably simple to use. However, it does have a bit of a learning curve to know which elements go where and how to access the menus that drive the system. Once you’ve learned the menus, though, it’s smooth sailing.
In fact, this ease of use may be Hostinger’s biggest downside because it comes at the expense of design flexibility and functionality. Your options of what you can place where in the templates can be a little limited, and because Hostinger lacks third-party integrations, it also lacks some of the functionality available when using Wix or Weebly.
Our Hostinger website builder review found that support is predominantly chat-based. The chat line is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, by experts who know the ins and outs of the Hostinger website builder, website design, and more. If you get into trouble, help is just a chat away.
Additionally, the Hostinger site features tutorial articles and videos to help guide and inspire you. A comprehensive knowledge base is also available to answer any questions you have. Between self-service options like the knowledge base and tutorials and the 24/7 chat support, Hostinger support options are robust and should address whatever you need.
Our expert Hostinger review concludes that it’s an ultra-simple website builder with enough functionality to make it effective for many types of businesses without overwhelming novice designers. This includes its drag-and-drop website editor, a selection of visually pleasing contemporary templates, and an advanced AI assistant for creating your site, writing site copy, or even creating a site logo.
However, in the simplicity lies the downside. Hostinger lacks much of the functionality some small businesses may want or need in their website. For example, it lacks basic appointment booking functionality. Also, it doesn’t include many of the tools restaurants might want for building their website.
Still, if you’re looking for a simple, informative website or an ecommerce site without a lot of complication, Hostinger may be the website builder for you. Its interface is intuitive, the tools it does provide are easy to use, and it’s easy to get a website up and running quickly.
Hostinger reviews from customers show that the single most popular feature of the company is its customer service. Multiple reviewers reported pleasant and productive interactions with the Hostinger customer service team. In user reviews of the Hostinger website builder, customers report the site builder is easy to use and produces professional results.
Based on reviews from users, here’s how Hostinger stacks up:
- G2: 4.4 out of 5 stars based on almost 300 reviews
- Capterra: 4.6 out of 5 stars based on more than 250 reviews
- PCMag: 4.0 out of 5 expert reviews
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, the Hostinger website builder is easy to use. It features a drag-and-drop interface that provides you with significant design freedom while not allowing you so much freedom that you make design mistakes. An equally easy-to-use AI assistant can help with website design and content creation.
Hostinger is a great option for beginners who need limited functionality in their small business website. It features ecommerce options and an easy designer and page builder. However, Wix offers a nearly comprehensive slate of website functions that many small businesses will need. Wix’s designer is also drag-and-drop, and it sports its own AI content creator. If you want simple, choose Hostinger. If you need advanced features, Wix is your go-to site builder.
Yes, the Hostinger website builder includes ecommerce features that will allow you to accept online payments and build an online store with up to 500 items. Hostinger incorporates more than 20 payment methods, including the most popular payment systems available, PayPal and Stripe. However, ecommerce functionality is limited to basic products only, and if you need advanced functionality, consider Weebly.
The Hostinger website builder is a formidable entry in the crowded website builder marketplace. It packs a lot of design opportunities into an easy interface, while it has enough of the features small businesses need to make an effective website. While it lacks much of the advanced functionality of rival products, Hostinger’s website builder provides enough of the basics so you can build your small business website quickly and efficiently.