M&T Business Rewards Credit Card
Fixed-rate cash back rewards on all purchases
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase
- Earn 10,000 bonus points after making $500 in purchases during first 90 days
- 0% introductory APR on balance transfers and purchases for 12 billing cycles (a balance transfer fee will apply)
- Variable APR of 14.49%–21.49% thereafter
- No annual fee
- Add employee cards at no additional cost, plus ability to manage spend limits for users
- Global acceptance with chip technology
- M&T Assurance® for fraud prevention, detection and resolution
- Multiple convenient ways to make payments, transfer funds, or review account detail (1. Online with M&T Online Banking for Business or via the M&T Mobile App, 2. At an M&T Bank ATM, 3. In person at any local M&T branch)
- Pay for purchases conveniently with Apple Pay®, Google Pay™ and Samsung Pay at millions of stores around the world by adding your card to a supported iPhone®, Android® or an eligible Samsung device
- Save with no foreign transaction fee
- A lengthy 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers
- Introductory cash bonus offer
- No annual fee
- Ongoing rewards are below average for a fixed-rate rewards card
- Small Introductory bonus
- Availability limited to eight states: Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia
- Extended warranty protection: Visa will double the original manufacturer’s warranty up to an additional year on warranties of three years or less up to a maximum of $10,000 per claim.
- Purchase security: Visa may repair, replace, or offer reimbursement for items purchased with your M&T Business Rewards Credit Card that are damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase. Purchase security is limited to $10,000 per claim.
The M&T Business Rewards Credit Card is an excellent cash back card designed for business owners who prefer to earn fixed-rate rewards on all purchases and typically spend 18,000 or less per year. This small business credit card pays unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase with no annual fee.
Who the M&T Business Rewards Credit Card Is Best For
- Business owners who prefer to earn unlimited, fixed rewards: The M&T Business Rewards Credit Card offers unlimited, fixed-rate cash back of 1.5% on all purchases. This is ideal for business owners who do not want to monitor category spending.
- Business owners who spend no more than $18,000 annually: This is the threshold at which it makes more sense to choose a card that charges an annual fee but pays 2% cash back.
How We Evaluate Cash Back Business Credit Cards
When grading cash back business credit cards like the M&T Business Rewards Credit Card, we weigh ongoing rewards heaviest. We rate introductory rewards as slightly less important, but they still are the second biggest factor in grading a card. We also take into consideration the annual fee, introductory and ongoing annual percentage rates (APRs), and card benefits.
M&T Business Rewards Credit Card Fees
- Introductory APR: 0% APR for 12 billing cycles on purchases and balance transfers
- Ongoing APR: 12.24% to 19.24% variable, which will adjust with the prime rate
- Annual fee: None
- Balance transfer fee: Either 4% of the transfer amount or $10, whichever is greater
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Cash advance fee: Either 3% of the advance or $10, whichever is greater
M&T Business Rewards Credit Card Rewards
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases
Welcome offer: Earn 10,000 bonus points after making $500 in purchases during the first 90 days from account opening
You can redeem your rewards for cash back, gift cards, airline travel, and merchandise through the M&T Bank rewards portal. One point is worth 1 cent when redeemed for cash, gift cards, or airfare. The redemption value varies when redeemed for merchandise and travel packages. When redeeming for cash, you can receive a statement credit or a deposit into your M&T Bank checking or savings account.
M&T Business Rewards Credit Card Features
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
Car rentals of 31 consecutive days or less that are paid for by M&T Business Rewards Credit Card are covered in case of accident or theft. Coverage is primary if the vehicle rental is for commercial or business reasons. This auto rental collision damage waiver coverage excludes injury to anyone or damage to anything inside or outside the rental vehicle, loss or theft of personal belongings, damage due to off-road operation of the rental vehicle, and damage due to wear and tear, gradual deterioration, or mechanical breakdown.
Visa may repair, replace, or offer reimbursement for items purchases damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per item. To be covered, you must have purchased the item entirely with your M&T Business Rewards Card. If your item was stolen, you must file a police report within 48 hours of noticing the theft.
Extended Warranty Protection
Visa will double the original manufacturer’s warranty by up to an additional year on warranties of three years or less, up to a maximum of $10,000 per claim. You must have charged a portion of the purchase to your card to be eligible. The coverage begins the day after the original manufacturer’s warranty expires. Items that are not covered by extended warranty protection are motorized vehicles, items for resale, computer software, real estate, medical equipment, rented items, and preowned items.
M&T Business Rewards Credit Card Alternatives
Chase Ink Business Unlimited® Review
Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
Office-based businesses that want top cash back rewards
- Earn $750 bonus cash back after you spend $7,500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year
- Earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year. Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases
- With Fraud Protection your card transactions will be monitored for possible signs of fraudulent activity using real-time fraud monitoring.
- With Zero Liability you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your card or account information.
- No Annual Fee
- Redeem rewards for cash back, gift cards, travel and more through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
- Top rewards for office supply spending
- Introductory APR on purchases
- Cash sign-up bonus
- 0% APR doesn’t apply to balance transfers
- High balance transfer fee of 5%
- Designed mainly for office-oriented companies
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the United States and abroad.
- Purchase protection: Covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account per year.
- Extended warranty protection: Extends the time period of the US manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year on eligible warranties of 3 years or less.
American Express Blue Business® Plus Credit Card
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
Pocketing 2x points per $1 and 0% introductory APR for 12 months
- Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners. 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter.
- You’ve got the power to use your Card beyond its credit limit* with Expanded Buying Power.
- *The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to American Express, and other factors.
- 0.0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 13.24% - 19.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors at account opening.
- No Annual Fee
- Terms Apply
- 0% APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfer
- Earn 2x points on all spending
- No lucrative welcome offer
- 2x points rewards are capped at $50,000 in spending
- Extended warranty protection: American Express will match the length of the original manufacturer’s warranty if it’s less than 2 years. It provides an additional 2 years if the original manufacturer’s warranty is between 2 and 5 years. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per account each year.
- Purchase protection: The issuer will repair, replace, or reimburse you for an item purchased with the card that was damaged or stolen within 120 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $1,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per account each year.
Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business
Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business
Earning unlimited 2% cash back
- Introductory reward worth $500 after you spend $4,500 within the first three months
- 2% cash back on every purchase
- Issue employee cards for free
- No limit to the amount of rewards you can earn
- Lucrative welcome offer
- Lacks a 0% APR offer
- Annual fee is only waived for 12 months
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad.
- Purchase protection: Covers your new purchases for up to 90 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim.
The M&T Business Rewards Credit Card is a cash back card that offers fixed-rate, unlimited cash back on every purchase with no annual fee. This is ideal for business owners who do not want to monitor bonus category expenses. If this is not the card that you are looking for, compare other business credit cards to find other options.