Editor’s note: This is a recurring post with regularly updated card details.
Limited liability companies (LLCs) can use credit cards to save big on everyday business expenses through ongoing rewards. The best options keep your business and personal finances separate while giving you a shot at earning large sign-up bonuses, solid ongoing rewards, and 0% annual percentage rates (APRs). Some cards may even protect your personal assets and require no personal guarantee.
The best LLC credit cards are:
- Chase Ink Business Cash®: Best overall for office-based LLCs
- American Express Business Platinum Card®: Best for unbeatable travel perks like airport lounge access
- Brex for Startups: Best for earning rewards with no personal guarantee
- U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards World EliteTM Mastercard®: Best for earning an annual bonus with 0% APR
- American Express Blue Business CashTM Card: Best for earning cash back on fluctuating LLC expenses
- American Express Blue Business® Plus: Best for earning points rewards on diverse LLC expenses
- Discover it® Business Card: Best for maximizing first-year rewards
- Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business: Best for fair credit (580 to 669)
Chase Ink Business Cash®: Overall Best LLC Credit Card
Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
Office-based businesses that want top cash back rewards
- Earn $750 bonus cash back after you spend $7,500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year
- Earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year. Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases
- With Fraud Protection your card transactions will be monitored for possible signs of fraudulent activity using real-time fraud monitoring.
- With Zero Liability you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your card or account information.
- No Annual Fee
- Redeem rewards for cash back, gift cards, travel and more through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
- Top rewards for office supply spending
- Introductory APR on purchases
- Cash sign-up bonus
- 0% APR doesn’t apply to balance transfers
- High balance transfer fee of 5%
- Designed mainly for office-oriented companies
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad.
- Purchase protection: Covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account per year.
- Extended warranty protection: Extends the time period of the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year on eligible warranties of three years or less.
Why we like it: Chase Ink Business Cash® is the overall best credit card for LLC owners because it offers a solid mix of low-cost financing and top-tier cash rewards. Office-based LLCs get the most bang for their buck since this business credit card pays excellent rewards at office supply stores. You can also earn a large sign-up bonus if you meet the minimum spending requirement.
The Chase Ink Business Cash® card can save you money on more than office supply store purchases. You’ll also earn top-notch rewards each time you use your card to pay for internet services, cable, and phone. However, you’ll only earn second-tier rewards on gas station and restaurant purchases.
With monthly business lunches and frequent gas or office supply runs, your rewards will add up quickly. Redeem rewards as an automatic credit to your bill to see your savings on your next billing cycle. Plus, LLC owners won’t have to worry about adding to their yearly business costs because this card charges no annual fee.
American Express Business Platinum Card®: Best for Outstanding Travel Benefits
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Gaining access to unrivaled travel rewards and luxury travel perks like airport lounge access
- Earn 85,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Platinum Card plus earn 5x points on eligible purchases in 5 select business categories, up to 80,000 bonus points per category, all within the first 3 months of Card Membership.† Terms Apply.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when you book on amextravel.com.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- PAY OVER TIME OPTION: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.
- Terms Apply.
- Free access to over 1,200 airport lounges worldwide
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® membership fee reimbursements
- Balance is due in full monthly
- Steep $595 annual fee
- American Express lounges: Free access to American Express’ network of Centurion lounges located in slightly less than one dozen U.S. airports.
- Other airport lounges: Priority Pass Select membership, which gets you free access to more than 1,000 lounges worldwide for you and two guests.
- Airport screening: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry every four years or $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every 4½ years.
- Travel credit: A $200 annual statement credit toward air travel expenses like baggage fees and inflight food and drink.
- Rental status: Elite status at a number of car rental agencies.
- Free Wi-Fi: 10 annual free Gogo inflight Wi-Fi passes.
- Rebate for redeemed points: 35% points rebate if you book a business or first-class flight, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Dell statement credit: Up to $200 in statement credits annually for Dell purchases.
Why we like it: If you travel for work throughout the year, this card could be a top-of-the-wallet pick for your LLC. It gives you access to outstanding travel benefits like airport lounge access, which makes business travel more enjoyable.
On top of world-class lounge access, you’ll get a $200 airline credit that you can use to offset baggage fees. Plus, you’ll be able to skip the majority of airport security lines through the TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry membership fee reimbursement. You can also earn some of the highest ongoing rewards available on flights and prepaid hotel purchases that you can redeem for free flights and hotels.
LLC owners who love Hilton hotels will also appreciate the complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status, which offers free room upgrades and courtesy breakfast. However, if you usually stay at Marriott locations, you can choose to upgrade to Marriott Bonvoy™ Gold Elite status and get perks like free late checkout without stay requirements.
Brex Card for Startups: Best for Earning Rewards With No Personal Guarantee
Brex Card for Startups
No personal guarantee and startups with investment funding
- The First Corporate Card for Startups - perfect for tech companies and other early-stage corporations based in the US with professional funding
- No personal liability or security deposit needed - no credit score impact
- The best rewards for startups: earn points on spend with industry-leading multipliers: 7x on rideshare, 4x on travel, 3x on restaurants and 2x on software subscriptions
- Minimum of $100,000 of funds in corporate bank account and US EIN required
- Easy, online application - get a virtual card in 5 minutes or less and a physical card in the mail shortly thereafter
- Limits 10x - 20x higher than traditional business cards
- Embedded Expense Management Software - never save receipts again and integrate with all major accounting software
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Build Business Credit - Brex partners with Experian to report your on-time payments
- No personal guarantee or security deposit
- Stellar rewards and available credit limits
- Must have $100,000 in a corporate bank account
- Balance is required to be paid in full
- Capture receipts: Access easy expense tracking through the Brex app. You can upload your receipts and Brex will automatically match them to your statement. You can also submit receipts via text and email.
- Expense management: Brex integrates with QuickBooks®, NetSuite®, Expensify®, and Xero™ for accounting made easy.
- Add your team: Instantly add new users, issue cards, and set and track specific spending limits for everyone on your team.
Why we like it: One of the best reasons to incorporate your business is to protect your personal assets. However, it’s rare to find a small business card that doesn’t require personal liability. The Brex Card for Startups allows you to keep your business and personal finances separate without a personal guarantee. However, you need to have at least $100,000 in your bank account to get this startup business credit card.
LLC owners can also earn great rewards on rideshare expenses, including Uber, Lyft, taxis, and scooters. Another thing that sets this charge card apart are the rewards you can earn on recurring software subscriptions like Slack, Salesforce, and GitHub. We haven’t seen these rewards on any other card we’ve reviewed.
While using this card, you’ll have the flexibility to cover expenses with no preset spending limit. However, because it’s a charge card, you need to pay the card balance in its entirety each month.
U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards World Elite™ Mastercard®: Best for Earning an Annual Bonus with 0% APR
U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards World Elite™ Mastercard®
0% APR for 15 Billing Cycles
- Earn a new cardmember bonus of $500 after you spend $4,500 in eligible net purchases on your card within the first 150 days of account opening
- 0% Intro APR on purchases for the first 15 billing cycles. After that variable APR currently 11.99% - 22.99%
- 3% cash back on eligible gas station, office supply store and cell phone/service provider net purchases
- 1% cash back on other eligible net purchases
- No limit on total rewards and they never expire!
- Plus, a 25% Annual Cash Rewards bonus, up to $250
- No annual fee*
- Net purchases are purchases minus credits and returns
- A 0% APR period on purchases on balance transfers
- 25% annual cash rewards bonus
- Small introductory bonus offer
- Balance transfer fee
- MasterRental car rental collision damage waiver: When you rent a car using your U.S. Bank credit card, you’re covered in case of accident or theft on all rentals made worldwide. Coverage is primary, which means you won’t need to use your personal auto insurance or accept the insurance offered by the rental agency. Coverage is capped at $50,000.
- Purchase assurance: U.S. Bank may repair or reimburse for items purchased with your U.S. Bank business credit card that are damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $1,000 per loss, up to $25,000 per year per account. Lost items and items left out of reach that others can see are not covered.
- Extended warranty protection: U.S. Bank will double the manufacturer’s warranty up to an additional one year from the expiration of warranties of five years or less. An item with a six-month warranty would be backed for an additional six months, for example. The issuer will replace the item or reimburse you up to the amount charged on your U.S. Bank card up to $10,000.
Why we like it: The U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards World Elite™ Mastercard® not only offers uncapped rewards on everyday business expenses, but it also comes with an annual cash bonus, up to $250, based on the prior year’s rewards. Although this card stands out for its anniversary bonus, you can also access one of the longest 0% APR periods for both purchases and balance transfers.
This card’s ongoing cash back rewards aren’t anything to sneeze at, earning top-notch rewards on gas station, supply store, and cellphone service purchases. In addition, the introductory bonus this card offers is one of the best. You get more time to meet the minimum spending requirement compared to other cards.
American Express Blue Business CashTM Card: Best for Earning Cash Back on Fluctuating LLC Expenses
American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
Earning 2% cash back every time you swipe and 0% introductory APR for 12 months
- Earn 2% cash back on all eligible purchases on up to $50,000 per calendar year, then 1%. Cash back earned is automatically credited to your statement.
- From workflow to inventory to floor plans, your business is constantly changing. That’s why you’ve got the power to spend beyond your credit limit with Expanded Buying Power.
- Just remember, the amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to us and other factors.
- 0.0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 13.24% - 19.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
- No Annual Fee
- Terms Apply
- No interest for 12 months
- Earn consistent 2% cash back rewards on every purchase
- Offers no cash sign-up bonus
- 2% cash back category is capped at $50,000 in annual spending
- Extended warranty protection: American Express provides up to an additional year of coverage on warranties of up to five years. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per account each year.
- Purchase protection: The issuer will repair, replace, or reimburse you for an item purchased with the card that was damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $1,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per account each year.
- Baggage insurance: If your luggage is damaged or lost when you travel on a common carrier like a plane, trip, ship, or bus, American Express will reimburse you for losses not covered by your own personal insurance.
Why we like it: While your company might have regular business expenses, you may not spend enough in one category to want bonus category rewards. In that case, a fixed-rate cash back card is your best bet. LLCs that use this business credit card have the flexibility to earn the same cash back rewards on all purchases while under a generous 0% introductory APR period.
You can finance purchases for up to 12 months free of interest charges. However, be sure to pay down your balance before that introductory period ends and the ongoing APR comes into play. Even when the 0% introductory APR period is over, you can still enjoy the ongoing card benefits and rewards without an annual fee.
American Express Blue Business® Plus: Best for Earning Points Rewards on Diverse LLC Expenses
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
Pocketing 2x points per $1 and 0% introductory APR for 12 months
- Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners. 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter.
- Enjoy the flexibility to put more purchases on the Card and earn rewards when you buy above your credit limit*.
- You’ve got the power to use your Card beyond its credit limit* with Expanded Buying Power.
- More buying power for your business means more opportunities to earn points. That’s everyday business with the Blue Business Plus Card.
- *The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to us, and other factors.
- 0.0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 13.24% - 19.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors at account opening.
- No Annual Fee
- Terms Apply
- 0% APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfer
- Earn 2x points on all spending
- No lucrative welcome offer
- 2x points rewards are capped at $50,000 in spending
- Extended warranty protection: American Express will match the length of the original manufacturer’s warranty if it’s less than two years. It provides an additional two years if the original manufacturer’s warranty is between two and five years. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per account each year.
- Purchase protection: The issuer will repair, replace, or reimburse you for an item purchased with the card that was damaged or stolen within 120 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $1,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per account each year.
Why we like it: If you have expenses that vary from month to month, the American Express Blue Business® Plus can be your saving grace. This points-based card offers fixed-rate rewards that you can earn on all purchases. Earn 2x points for each $1 you spend while getting interest-free financing for 12 months on purchases. You’ll save money easily when you use your earned rewards to book future business trips.
Discover it® Business Card: Best for Maximizing First-year Rewards
Discover it® Business Card
Earning double cash back rewards on new business expenses
- Unlimited 1.5% Cash Back
- Cash back Match - We'll automatically match all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year. There's no signing up. And no limit to how much we'll match.
- 100% U.S. Based Customer Service
- Free Employee Cards - Add employee cards with spending limits and earn rewards for all their purchases.
- Double cash back on purchases on the first 12 months
- 0% APR on purchases
- Low ongoing rewards after the first year
- 0% APR doesn’t cover balance transfers
- Social Security alerts: You will be alerted with free Experian credit monitoring whenever your Social Security number appears on the dark web
- Late fee waiver: You won’t incur a fee for the first late payment. Late fees are usually $39 for each occurrence.
Why we like it: The Discover it® Business Card offers a one-of-a-kind introductory reward. Instead of earning several hundred dollars upfront after meeting certain spending criteria, Discover will match all of your cash-back rewards during your first 12 months. This means that, during the first year, you’ll earn 3% cash back on all spending—1.5% from its ongoing rewards program and another 1.5% from its rewards matching offer.
While earning flat-rate rewards for the life of your account is enticing to many business owners, there’s more this card offers to incentivize you to apply. You can tap into 12 months of interest-free financing on purchasing, giving you the comfortability to finance large purchases.
This card places no cap or limit on your rewards-earning potential, and your rewards never expire. Discover also provides free personal FICO credit scores and monitoring, so you’re alerted to any major changes to your credit score.
Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business: Best for Fair Credit (580 to 669)
Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business
Fair credit business owners (580 to 669)
- 1% cash back every time you swipe
- Build your business credit through responsible usage
- Issue employee cards for free
- Opportunity to build business credit
- Earn fixed-rate rewards even with fair credit scores
- Rewards never expire
- High APR
- No sign-up bonus
- Reports to personal credit bureaus
- Purchase protection: Capital One will replace, repair, or reimburse you for eligible items in the event of theft or damage within the first 90 days of purchase.
- Extended warranty protection: You’ll get additional warranty protection on eligible items that are purchased with your business card, up to one year past the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: You’re covered for damage due to collision or theft when you rent an eligible car with your Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business card.
Why we like it: LLC owners with less than stellar credit still need business financing to cover expenses while building their credit. That’s why Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business is a great fit for LLC owners with personal credit scores between 580 and 669. While you work to improve your credit scores, you’ll be able to earn cash back rewards and avoid an annual fee.
Although the rewards you’ll earn are relatively low, this card’s real value is in its ability to build credit and float expenses without using cash. What’s more, because there’s no minimum to redeem rewards, it’s even easier to reduce your card balance by redeeming rewards as an automatic credit to your bill. Once you improve your credit score, you can get a business card that earns even higher rewards with more favorable features later.
How We Evaluated the Best LLC Credit Cards
While evaluating different business credit cards for this list, we considered fees, sign-up bonuses, ongoing rewards, added perks, and 0% introductory APR offers. We included one business charge card that offers the limited liability that’s important to LLC owners. The right card for you usually involves finding the rewards and benefits you want to tap into.
Applying for an LLC Credit Card
To get a business credit card, you typically need a personal credit score of at least 670. Consider the type of rewards you want, if you need interest-free financing, and your ability to afford an annual fee before you apply. Once you’ve found the right card, you can apply online and often receive a decision instantly.
An LLC combines elements of a partnership and corporation. It’s similar to a partnership in terms of tax efficiency and business flexibility, and it’s similar to a corporation in terms of limited personal liability for its owners. As an LLC, the owner is not personally liable for the LLC’s debts. However, that doesn’t absolve you of your personal guarantee to repay in most cases.
Pros of Business Credit Cards for LLC Owners
- Rewards for everyday spending: LLC business credit cards may offer ongoing rewards of up to 5% on purchases that you can put back into your business. Rewards can usually be redeemed as cash back or free travel, depending on the card.
- Affordable short-term financing: Business credit cards are an excellent way to bridge short-term working capital needs for a 30-day period. If you pay your card off monthly, you can earn rewards and free up your cash without risking interest charges.
- Funding for very small companies: With an LLC credit card, even microbusinesses can access financing. This is because the annual revenue requirements are usually low, meaning LLCs with annual revenues less than $100,000 can use business credit cards.
Cons of Business Credit Cards for LLC Owners
- Possible costly annual fees: LLC credit cards with premium rewards and travel benefits typically come with an annual fee. This is a great way to use a card as long as you make sure the annual fees don’t offset the rewards you earn.
- Limited access to cash: While business credit cards make access to credit from vendors who accept electronic payments easy, it’s not as easy if you need to use cash. Credit card cash advances usually are expensive and are limited to an amount that’s less than your credit limit.
- Potential risk of accruing interest: Credit cards can create a cash trap if you don’t make pay off the entire balance each month. You’ll pay interest on any outstanding balances at the end of the month, which adds up quickly.
Business credit cards for LLC owners are an excellent way to access financing and issue employee cards. Additionally, you can earn rewards that you can use to put money back into your business. The best option for you depends on the rewards and card benefits your business wants to receive.
For rates and fees on the American Express Business Platinum Card®, please click here.
For rates and fees on the American Express Blue Business CashTM Card, please click here.
For rates and fees on the American Express Blue Business® Plus, please click here.