If you’re fixin’ to get your Texas real estate license, it’s going to take you an initial 180 hours of Texas real estate courses in addition to a lengthy and complicated application process. To make your journey a little easier, we found the best online real estate schools in Texas based on pricing, class formats, customer reviews, and convenience to bring you closer to your real estate career goals in the Lone Star state.
Best overall and best for high-quality online real estate licensing education in Texas
Aspiring agents looking for a mix of live and at-home instruction
Best self-paced courses for all stages of real estate licensing education
Professionals wanting the greatest access to Texas-based instructors
Established agents needing customizable continuing education for license renewal
Aspiring agents wanting self-paced prelicensing and exam prep bundle
Things you need to know before enrolling for your Texas real estate license education: Along with education requirements, there is a slew of paperwork to complete prior to taking Texas real estate courses. Check out our Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming a Real Estate Agent in Texas to help you get started.
How We Evaluated Online Real Estate Schools in Texas
Picking which is the best online Texas real estate school for you needs to be a balance between cost, what’s included, and the learning methodology that works best for you. It also will depend on the types of real estate courses you need based on where you are in your career.
The best online real estate schools in Texas offer a variety of learning styles to accommodate different learners. Some additionally provide career support for individuals who are just becoming a real estate agent, while others offer high-quality, flexible courses for those who need to renew a real estate license in Texas or want to upgrade to a broker license.
Scoring 3.72 out of 5, Real Estate Express tops the chart of the best overall accredited schools in Texas. The flexibility presented by the variety of real estate course formats, accessible customer support team, and mid-range pricing gives Real Estate Express a leg up among competitors.
We also took into consideration the following attributes:
35% of Overall Score
- Pricing is based on the cost for prelicensing and post-licensing courses, continuing education (CE) courses, and exam prep from each online real estate school in Texas.
- Education considerations include the levels of courses provided by each of the schools according to licensing stage: prelicensing for new agents, post-licensing for agents seeking a broker license, continued education for agents needing to renew a real estate license, and exam preparation.
35% of Overall Score
Consists of various formatting and learning styles for each course to meet the specific needs of the agent as well as ease of course accessibility.
15% of Overall Score
We examined the convenience and attainability of customer service support each school offers for technical support and instructor assistance.
15% of Overall Score
Real Estate Express: Best Overall Online Texas Real Estate Courses
Real Estate Express is as good as all git-out when it comes to every stage of classes needed in your real estate career. Not only does it offer pre- and post-licensing, continued education, and exam prep, it offers these courses through a learning management system (LMS) platform. The LMS makes the course easy to navigate and combines self-paced learning with video and interactive activities.
Its career hub is chock-full of articles and resources for career advancement. Plus, you may contact instructors directly. Real Estate Express beats its competitors because of these features along with the “Pass or Don’t Pay” money back guarantee.
Discount: For Fit Small Business readers, use promo code FSB25 for 25% off your purchase of any Real Estate Express class. Click here to get started.
Students appreciated the instructor support they received as well as the user-friendly experience they had with the self-paced program. Some did not like the self-paced environment and had a difficult time motivating. If that sounds like you, try Kaplan for a variety of course formats.
Although pricing may appear complicated, Real Estate Express pricing differs from other online Texas real estate schools in giving you full-course packages with the ability to add on features to enhance your learning experience.
Prelicensing: Starting at $507
All packages include the 180 required hours of prelicensing classes, three e-books, free online proctoring, and instructor support.
- The Basics: $507 includes everything above
- Exam Preparation: $597 includes everything in The Basics plus “Pass or Don’t Pay” guarantee, exam prep, and exam cram video and workbook
- Exam Preparation Plus: $697 includes everything in the packages above plus 90-hour Sales Agent Apprentice Education (SAE) courses, dictionary, and instructor question and answer (Q&A)
- Ultimate Learning: $797 includes everything in the packages above plus printed textbook, 90-day boot camp, and one year professional development membership
- Individual courses: Available from $99 each
- SAE First Renewal: $249 includes 90-hour course, instructor support, education concierge, and discussion board
Broker Prelicensing: $888
- Broker Basics: $199 includes 270-hour broker courses, math e-book, instructor support, and a discussion board
Continued Education: Starting at $25.95*
- 18-hour Renewal Package with NAR Ethics (Salespersons): $139.95
- 18-hour Broker Responsibility Renewal Package with NAR Ethics (Brokers): $139.95
- Texas McKissock CE PLUS Membership: $182 includes access to all Texas continuing education (CE) courses, a real estate coaching tool, access to an extensive pro-series on demand webinar library, how-to videos, Sherri Johnson 90-day Boot Camp, over 100 job aids (worksheets, scripts, and checklists), product and service discounts, and knowledgeable education specialists
- Individual courses: $25.95 to $99 based on credit hours
*Offered through its partner company, McKissock Learning
Exam Prep: $99
Kaplan: Best Online School for Course Format Variety
The major advantage of Kaplan’s Texas real estate prelicensing courses is your ability to mix and match formatting to suit your educational needs and ideal learning environment. They offer home study, live online, and video on-demand class options to choose from. If you don’t feel comfortable learning Real Estate finance at home, hands-on live instruction might be a better option, but you can still complete Real Estate Principles via home study.
Regardless of the course you choose, all include interactive activities like practice quizzes and real-life scenario exercises, further supporting your future real estate career success. They also provide courses needed throughout your real estate career, including Texas broker license courses and continuing education (CE).
Kaplan came highly recommended by customers for its video courses and up-to-date content, while other customers did not find the books to be as helpful. If you’re looking for additional downloadable content, check out The CE Shop.
Similar to Real Estate Express, Kaplan provides packages for purchase and individual courses to customize your learning experience.
Prelicensing: Starting at $389
All packages include 180 hours of courses, state and national exam prep, drill and practice Qbank (question bank), textbook, online proctoring, and interactive group study. Higher-tiered packages include extra features for career advancement.
Choose from OnDemand (on-demand video), Home Study, or Live Online learning packages. These are further differentiated by the addition of extra features (such as textbooks, exam prep, and more) for each price option:
- OnDemand packages: $449 or $649
- Home Study packages: $389 or $589
- Live Online packages: $889 or $1,089
Post-licensing: Starting at $38
Choose from Online, Home Study, or Hybrid learning packages. These are further differentiated by the addition of extra features (such as textbooks, exam prep, and more) for each price option:
- Home Study packages: $299 or $339
- Online packages: $369 or $439
- Hybrid packages: $359 or $439
- Individual courses: $38 to $159
Broker Prelicensing: Starting at $105
All packages include 180 hours of courses, state and national exam prep, drill and practice Qbank, textbook, and interactive group study.
- Home Study Solution: $389
- OnDemand Solution: $449
- Live Online Solution: $889
- Individual courses: $105 to $174
Continuing Education: Starting at $19
- 18-hour course (Self-Paced Online or Hybrid): $119
- Individual courses: Can be purchased from $19 to $59 in home study, OnDemand, online, or live online formats
- Available for salespersons or brokers
Exam Prep: Starting at $99
- Self-Paced Online, OnDemand, or Live Online: $99 or $169
- Can be purchased for salesperson or broker and customized for the state and national exam
360Training: Best Self-paced Real Estate Education
The 360Training Texas real estate school’s courses are 100% online and self-paced, which is perfect for self-motivated and busy individuals. Since it’s available on all devices, you can start and stop whenever you want, and the LMS system will save your spot. As part of your prelicensing package, you get exam prep as well as downloadable portable document file (PDF) quizzes to test your knowledge prior to exam day.
Unlike other providers, the school’s customer support team is available seven days a week for any issues that may arise, accessible through phone or live chat. In addition, they offer Texas real estate courses for any stage of your real estate career, which is great for agents who need to complete Texas real estate license renewal courses on the go.
Students stated that 360Training provided informative and well-balanced content that was worth the money they paid. A few others did not like the self-paced formatting and would prefer a live environment similar to Kaplan or Champions School of Real Estate.
360Training offers straightforward packages with some customization available, and the licensing packages include exam prep features at no additional cost.
Prelicensing: Starting at $119
- 180-hour Basic Texas Prelicensing Package: $495
- 180-hour Premium Texas Prelicensing Package with Online Proctoring: $550
- Individual courses: $119 each
Post-licensing: Starting at $119
- Pick Your Own 90-hour Texas SAE Package: $279
- 98-hour Texas SAE Package with Legal Update I&II: $299
- Individual courses: $119 each
Broker Prelicensing: $799
Continued Education: Starting at $25
- Texas 18-hour CE Package (for Salespersons): $69
- Texas Salesperson CE with Luxury Designation: $99
- Texas 18-hour Broker CE Package: $79
- Individual courses: $25 to $50 each
Exam Prep: $79
- National or state preparation available for salespeople and brokers for $79 each
Champions School of Real Estate: Most Instructor Access
Sure enough, one of the top contenders is a local Texas online real estate school, Champions School of Real Estate. It offers both self-paced and livestream classes as well as the option to choose multiple learning methods. Textbooks are available in downloadable PDF format to ensure your education is 100% remote and portable.
A standout feature of Champions School of Real Estate is its Virtual Study Hall, which is included at no additional cost to all students taking its online real estate courses. In the Study Hall, students can submit questions to a live instructor who can answer questions and give career advice.
Champions School of Real Estate got outstanding reviews praising the interaction, test prep, teachers, and knowledge. Unfortunately, compared to other schools, it is the most expensive. If you’re looking for a cheaper education option, consider 360Training or Aceable Agent.
For all courses, students can choose from Blended Classroom, Virtual Classroom, Online Interactive, Online Correspondence, or Champion Advantage formats to differentiate and enhance their learning experience.
Prelicensing: Starting at $980
All packages include 180 hours of Texas’ required real estate courses, Texas real estate exam prep course, prep retakes for one year, printed books or PDF, and exam proctoring.
- 6-course Licensing Program: $980 includes above only
- 6-course Licensing Program Plus Business Etiquette: $1,080 includes everything above plus 2-day Business Etiquette course
- 9-course Licensing and Renewal Program: $1,445 includes everything above plus three SAE Renewal Courses, TREC Legal Update I & II, and 278 TREC credit hours
- 11-course Licensing and Renewal Program Plus Success Tools: $1,624 includes everything above plus 30 Days to Success Coaching Videos and “Successful Tendencies of Real Estate Champions” book
Post-licensing: Starting at $80
- 8-hour TREC Legal Update Program: $80 includes required legal update courses, eight TREC credit hours, and books or downloadable PDFs
- 90-hour SAE Renewal Program: $435 includes 90 TREC credit hours, books or PDFs, and exam proctoring
- 98-hour SAE Renewal Program: $495 includes both above packages items
Broker Prelicensing: Starting at $725
- 150-hour Texas Real Estate Broker License Program: $725
- 300-hour Texas Real Estate Broker License Program: $1,350
Continuing Education: Starting at $20
- Full 18-hour packages: $99 to $119
- Individual courses: $20 to $100 depending on credit hours
Exam Prep: $120
The CE Shop: Most Customizable Continued Education Options
To renew your real estate license in Texas, you are responsible for completing 18 hours of continuing education every two years. The CE Shop offers packages and individual courses to choose from that are available online through its LEAP 2.0 platform.
Although its Texas real estate courses are 100% online, the platform provides an engaging experience for users, complete with interactive activities, practice quizzes, and a student forum to facilitate live conversations with other participants. The CE Shop is great for agents looking to customize their continuing education to their particular interests.
Individuals enjoyed the customization of the courses at The CE Shop which made the learning interesting and relevant to their careers. A few users hoped for more instructor support and advice; if that is something you’re seeking, try Champions School of Real Estate or Real Estate Express.
As a national provider, The CE Shop offers tiered packages as well as individual courses tailored to your educational needs.
Prelicensing: Starting at $529
All prelicensing packages include the 180 required hours of Texas real estate prelicensing education as well as business e-books, free online proctoring, career resources, downloadable resources, digital flashcards, real estate glossary, study schedules, and instructor-led webinars.
- Basic: $529 includes the above only
- Standard: $609 includes everything in the Basic package plus exam prep and pass guarantee
- Value: $649 also includes everything in the packages above plus a building business course
- Premium: $799 includes everything in the packages above plus 98 hours of post-licensing classes
- Individual courses: $109 each
Post-licensing: Starting at $389
- 90-hour Texas SAE Package: $389
- 98-hour Texas SAE Package (Includes Legal Update I&II): $429
- 104-hour Texas SAE Package for Supervising agents (Includes Legal Update I&II and Broker Responsibility): $455
- Individual courses: $39 to $135 depending on credit hours
Broker Prelicensing: $975
- Individual courses: $119 each
Continued Education: Starting at $29
- Full 18-hour packages: $129 for salesperson and broker courses
- Individual courses: $29 to $79 based on credit hours
Exam Prep: Starting at $69
- Available for Salesperson Exam, can be customized for state, national, or combination of both from $69 to $119
Aceable Agent: Best for Self-paced Prelicensing & Exam Prep Bundle
Not only does Aceable Agent have great pricing, but the prelicensing and exam prep combination helps agents pass the Texas real estate exam come hell or high water. Both are self-paced, so you can study at your convenience from any device, including via mobile app.
The school’s Texas real estate exam prep includes study guides that break down key concepts and provide unlimited practice tests to test your knowledge before exam day. One highlight of Aceable Agent is the Broker-Agent Matching Program in Texas, which helps students match with brokerages that can help them have a successful career.
Overall, Aceable Agent received excellent reviews from customers about their real estate classes. People enjoyed the ease and usefulness of content, and one reviewer stated they loved the humor. A few wanted the program to have more interactive elements, so consider Real Estate Express, Kaplan, or Champions School of Real Estate for more live interaction.
Aceable Agent does not offer tiered packages like some other schools, but its simple and affordable packages include the necessary real estate courses to fulfill your prelicensing requirements in Texas.
Post-licensing: Starting at $119
- Individual courses: $119 or $159 each
Continued Education: Starting at $45
- Full 18-hour Bundle: $89
- The Legal Update Bundle: $45