Texas real estate exam prep materials are designed to help aspiring agents pass their licensure exam; these materials include in-person classes, practice tests, and flashcards, among other study aids. We reviewed 10 real estate exam prep solutions to find the six best (including the best overall) based on price, study aids, delivery methods, and usability.
Texas Real Estate Exam Prep
(Best Overall) Aspiring agents wanting instructor-led exam prep classes
Future agents seeking self-guided study using webinars, flashcards, practice tests, e-books, and worksheets
Learners wanting prelicensure and exam prep via a mobile app
Students wanting online coaching from agents or licensed professionals
Future agents seeking prep for the math portion of the real estate exam
Agents wanting affordable, timed tests to simulate the test-taking experience
How We Evaluated Texas Real Estate Exam Prep
Getting your Texas real estate exam prep right can mean the difference between passing your licensure exam to become a real estate agent on the first try or having to take the test multiple times. To find prep materials that are both affordable and effective is a challenge, however. That’s why we reviewed the price (including money-back guarantees), types of study aids, and delivery methods of several different exam prep providers.
Here are the five criteria we used to evaluate the best Texas-focused real estate exam prep:
- Money-back guarantee
- Study aids
- Delivery method
- Ease of use
Based on these criteria, the best provider for Texas real estate exam prep is Kaplan. Exam prep through Kaplan is affordable with the most flexible prep options, including instructor-led, on-demand video, and online classes. Additionally, it offers comprehensive study aids available via four delivery methods, giving students everything they need to pass the Texas licensing exam.
Best Texas Real Estate School: Kaplan
What it is: Kaplan is a national real estate school offering online, in-person, and video instructor-led exam prep classes.
What makes it great Texas real estate exam prep: The standout feature for Kaplan is their instructor-led prep exam course, which comes with an online bank of practice test questions. This real estate prep exam solution is perfect for students who learn better from an instructor—whether classes are taken online, via video, or in a classroom.
Only school offering instructor-led course options
More expensive than other Texas real estate schools
Excellent reviews on Trustpilot
Less self-paced study aids than PrepAgent
Three different course delivery options
- Online and on-demand Texas exam prep courses are each $169
- On-demand exam prep course is $99
- Texas real estate question bank is $99
- Real estate math course is $29
- Full refund within 30 days
- Texas exam prep course includes national and state-specific topics
- Course includes a pre- and post-assessment test to help you strengthen your weak spots
- Practice tests and flashcards
- Exam prep workbook includes audio and video classes from an instructor
- Courses are offered in-person, online, and on-demand
What Students Say About Kaplan
Reviewers stated that Kaplan Texas real estate prep was vital to their success in passing the exam. A negative comment stated that the practice tests timeout and log them off too often. Contacting customer service can help fix this issue, however.
Best for Self-guided Study: PrepAgent
What it is: PrepAgent is an online, self-guided prep service that focuses on helping potential Texas agents pass their licensing exam with study materials.
What makes it great Texas real estate exam prep: PrepAgent is unique because it covers all learning styles with the ability to mix and match study aids: flashcards, audio/video lessons, webinars, and practice tests. PrepAgent is ideal for future Texas agents who want self-guided study with a choice of learning delivery methods.
Largest variety of self-paced study tools
No instructor access
Texas-specific practice questions
No coaching or guided instruction
All course materials available online
- Basic package is $59
- Deluxe package is $79
- Premium package is $99
- Full refund within 120 days of your purchase
- Get a promo code for 30% off here
- Seven days of access with Basic package
- One month of access with Deluxe package
- One year of access with Premium package
- Interaction practice questions specific to Texas
- Audio and video lessons
- Live webinars
- Practice tests
What Students Say About PrepAgent
Facebook reviews for PrepAgent are overwhelmingly good, with over 500 comments singing the praises of their real estate exam prep materials. We were unable to find negative reviews for PrepAgent online.
Best for Mobile Prelicensing & Exam Prep: Aceable Agent
What it is: Aceable Agent is an online school offering Texas real estate prelicensing and exam prep coursework.
What makes it great Texas real estate exam prep: The standout feature for Aceable Agent is its mobile app, which allows on-the-go professionals to study for the prelicensure class or exam from any device, at any time. This makes the platform perfect for aspiring agents who are tech-friendly and need the ability to access study materials from any location.
Aceable Agent Pros
Aceable Agent Cons
First-time pass rate of 93%
Only one course option
Mobile app available for all devices
No study aids or tools
Highly interactive course format
No separate exam prep course offered
Aceable Agent Pricing
- Texas real estate course is $497
- Money-back guarantee
- Full refund within 30 days of purchase
Aceable Agent Features
- The Texas real estate course includes prelicensing and exam prep
- Instructors and other students are accessible via online forums, email, and a Facebook group
- Exam prep guide
- Practice tests
- Only Texas exam prep school offering a mobile app
What Students Say About Aceable Agent
Students on Trustpilot gave Aceable agent an overwhelmingly excellent score of 4.9. Users reported the navigation was simple, intuitive, and made it easy to master the course material. The very few negative reviews were from users who were not happy about the 30-day limit on the refund.
Best for Exam Prep With Coaching Feedback: Real Estate Express
What it is: Real Estate Express is an online national real estate school offering individual exam prep courses as well as packages with prelicensing and exam prep.
What makes it great Texas real estate exam prep: Real Estate Express uniquely offers Exam Prep Master, a program with specialized materials for exam practice and expert coaching feedback. With coaching commentary included, Exam Prep Master is perfect for students who need more direct guidance from an industry professional as they prepare to take the licensing exam.
Real Estate Express Pros
Real Estate Express Cons
Only school to offer personalized coaching
Fewer study aids than other exam prep options
Affordable exam prep option
No video, audio, or webinar options
Real Estate Express Pricing
- Exam Prep Master is $99
- Prelicensing and exam prep courses range from $597 to $797
- Full refund within 30 days
- Pass or Don’t Pay guarantee
Real Estate Express Features
- Customized coaching feedback
- Over 900 practice questions
- Timed practice tests
- Real estate e-books and workbooks
- Real estate dictionary
What Students Say About Real Estate Express
Reviewers online state that constantly going over the material was helpful to learn the material on their real estate exam. Facebook users stated that the test materials were not in-depth enough to pass the exam without supplemental study aids.
Best for Real Estate Math Prep: Mbition
What it is: Mbition is a national real estate school offering online licensure classes and exam prep.
What makes it great Texas real estate exam prep: Mbition is unique for Texas real estate exam prep because it includes MathMaster, which specifically focuses on the real estate math portion of the test. Potential agents who need help with real estate math and financial concepts will get the most benefit from MathMaster.
MathMaster course helps develop your skills in real estate finance
No video components
Two affordable package options
No instructor access
Adaptive testing technology helps strengthen your weaknesses
Fewer study aids than PrepAgent
- Texas Real Estate Exam Prep course is $79
- Texas Master Exam Prep package is $129
- First time pass guarantee
- Frequent discounts available
- More than 1,000 practice questions
- Large variety of additional textbooks available
- Audio recordings
- Adaptive testing system changes your practice questions in response to your incorrect answers
What Students Say About Mbition
Mbition recently merged with CareerWeb School. Finding reviews specifically addressing the features of Mbition was not possible due to the rebranding, but Mbition does have a money-back guarantee to protect your investment.
Best for Practice Tests: Real Estate Exam Scholar
What it is: Real Estate Exam Scholar is an online-only national real estate exam prep school.
What makes it great Texas real estate exam prep: Real Estate Exam Scholar offers a program that gives students six months to study for their licensure exam using 25 practice tests with a combined 1,000 questions. Students who want to focus on practice timed tests will want Real Estate Exam Scholar.
Real Estate Exam Scholar Pros
Real Estate Exam Scholar Cons
Most affordable exam prep option
Only one package options
95% pass rate
No access to an instructor
Most practice exams and questions
No audio or visual components
Real Estate Exam Scholar Pricing
- Texas real estate exam prep course is $29
- First-time pass guarantee
Real Estate Exam Scholar Features
- Six months of course access
- More than 1,200 practice questions
- Unlimited exam attempts
- Texas-specific questions and explanations
- Flashcards are included and can be used for free
- Real estate terminology glossary
- Uses immersion technology to replicate the Texas real estate exam
- Can be used on any mobile device
What Students Say About Real Estate Exam Scholar
The reviews on its website and Facebook page proclaim that Real Estate Exam Scholar is easy to use and effective for drilling materials. There were no negative reviews. If you are unsure about Real Estate Exam Scholar, its money-back guarantee should provide some peace of mind.
Best Texas Real Estate Exam Prep Resources
This list is comprised of some of the best Texas real estate schools, but there are many different ways to learn. If you prefer studying with hard copies of books, you have plenty of options. Any of the following books will help you study, and some even come with their own pass guarantee.
- Texas Real Estate License Exam Prep: All in One Review and Testing to Pass Texas’ Pearson VUE Real Estate Exam
- Texas Real Estate Exam Prep: The Complete Guide to Passing the Texas Real Estate Salesperson License Exam the First Time
- Texas Real Estate License Preparation Guide: We Guarantee You Pass The Exam On Your First Try
- Four Practice Tests for the Texas Real Estate Exam: 500 Practice Questions with Detailed Explanations
Texas real estate exam prep provides future agents with the ability to pass their license exam by providing a wealth of study aids delivered online and in the classroom. We reviewed Texas real estate exam prep options to find the best six based on price, exam prep content, study aids, and course delivery methods.
Kaplan is the best Texas real estate exam prep overall based on its online and offline selections of classes and the availability of an instructor. For $169, students have the choice of on-demand video, classroom, or online instructor-led exam prep courses with study aids that help them pass their licensing exam. Find out more about Kaplan and its money-back guarantee today.