It’s important to find the best online real estate school in Washington State for satisfying your required 90 hours of prelicensing education, 90 hours of new broker first renewal post-licensing, 30 hours of continuing education, or 90 hours of managing broker education. A high-quality online education provider gives you access to courses in a variety of learning formats, includes features to aid retention and comprehension, and has affordable prices that won’t break the bank or make you leave the comfort of your home.
We’ve determined the top six Washington State real estate schools that will assist you in fulfilling all your licensing education needs.
Self-paced online and on-demand prelicensing education for aspiring agents
Bundled prelicensing packages for new brokers seeking to complete licensing requirements
Most affordable prelicensing education for individuals looking to start a real estate career
Robust website platform with additional learning features for initial licensing classes
Continuing education packages for brokers who need to renew their license
Experienced agents who want to upgrade to a managing broker license and appreciate a variety of course formats
Things you need to know before enrolling for your Washington real estate license education: Along with educational requirements, there are additional steps to getting your Washington State real estate license. Check out our Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming a Real Estate Agent in Washington to help you get started.
How We Evaluated the Top Real Estate Schools in Washington
Washington State is the home of grunge, the birthplace of Starbucks, and the center of a real estate market with median home prices reaching up to $2 million. Whether you want to get your Washington State real estate license or need continuing education to maintain or upgrade your license, the best real estate schools in Washington boast high-quality online real estate courses with a variety of learning environments, great customer reviews, and top-notch instructor support to aid your real estate knowledge and career.
After extensive research, we found that Kaplan best demonstrates the qualities of the best online real estate schools in Washington State. They offer self-paced education in multiple learning formats, expert faculty, and extended customer support hours, which distinguishes it from competitors.
Additional criteria we used to evaluate the best accredited schools for obtaining the education you need to get, renew, or upgrade your Washington real estate license are:
30% of Overall Score
Pricing is based on the cost and availability of pre- and post-licensing classes, continuing education courses, and exam prep for each online institution.
25% of Overall Score
Consists of various formatting and learning styles for each course to meet the specific needs of the agent as well as ease of course accessibility.
20% of Overall Score
Based on customer feedback for each program to certify the course meets user satisfaction, with particular attention given to reviews of the product and popularity of the provider.
15% of Overall Score
Expertise in the field and firsthand experience with the providers allow us to evaluate the standout features, value for the money, and ease of use for each school.
10% of Overall Score
We considered the convenience and attainability of customer service for technical support and instructor assistance.
Kaplan: Best for Self-paced Prelicensing Education
Kaplan is well-known nationally for high-quality education, and their Washington broker prelicensing courses live up to their reputation. Kaplan’s prelicensing packages for Washington State real estate agents include tiered options and a variety of self-paced courses, including both online and on-demand video formats. Although Kaplan does not offer livestream courses, certain classes have live components like interactive study groups and professional coaching from real estate experts.
Customers rave about how prepared they were to take their Washington real estate licensing exam after completing Kaplan’s online courses, and many passed on the first attempt. However, some found the self-paced courses to be challenging without live instruction; if you feel the same way, check out Rockwell Institute for livestream class options.
Kaplan’s expansive course selection is offered in tiered packages, allowing you to choose your real estate classes based on your format preferences, specific learning needs, and additional features.
Prelicensing: Starting at $210
- 30-Hour Broker Prelicensing Package: $189
- 60-Hour Real Estate Fundamentals Package: $239
- Tier 1: 90-Hour Broker Prelicensing Package: $249; includes the full 90 hours of required prelicensing education
- Tier 2: 90-Hour Broker Licensing with Master Exam Prep Package: $299; includes 90 hours of online broker prelicensing education plus real estate license exam prep and live Interactive Study Group webinars
- Tier 3: Career Launcher Package: $499; includes 90 hours of online broker prelicensing education plus on-demand real estate license exam prep courses, live Interactive Study Group webinars, and live intensive Real Estate Accelerator course
Post-licensing: Starting at $139
- Courses can be purchased in 30-hour bundles for $139 each or $369 for the full 90-hour broker post-licensing First Active Renewal package
- Available in Online and OnDemand packages
Continued Education: Starting at $39
- Available for salespersons or brokers
- Prices range from $39 to $139 based on credit hours
- Classes available in OnDemand or Online packages
Exam Prep: Starting at $99
- Available for brokers in OnDemand or Online packages, up to $199
The CE Shop: Best for Bundled Pre- & Post-licensing Package
Even though you only need 90 hours of prelicensing education to earn your broker license in Washington State, within the first year you must complete 90 hours of post-licensing education to maintain your license. The CE Shop is your go-to provider to kill those two birds with one stone.
Their highest-tiered package, called the Premium Package, not only includes prelicensing classes but bundles in the post-licensing education hours as well. In addition, it includes a slew of additional resources to assist with learning, such as exam prep, downloadable content, and instructor-led webinars. Even more, they have a money-back pass guarantee and will reimburse you the amount of the exam if you do not pass on the first attempt.
Similar to Kaplan, The CE Shop’s courses are self-paced with live components that students said they loved for schedule flexibility. Others found it difficult to remain focused. If this is a concern for you, consider the retention tools available within Real Estate Express’s platform or Rockwell Institute’s livestream class format.
As a national provider, The CE Shop gives you many options in terms of pricing and customized packages to fit any of your educational needs.
Prelicensing: Starting at $299
All prelicensing packages include the 90 hours of education required to get your Washington real estate license as well as business e-books, career resources, downloadable resources, digital flashcards, real estate glossary, study schedules, and instructor-led webinars. Other packages include add-ons to further enhance your learning. Package options include:
- Courses-only package: $299 (includes only the above items)
- Standard package: $359 includes courses, exam prep, and money-back pass guarantee
- Value package: $399 includes everything in the packages above and a building business course
- Premium package: $579 includes everything in the packages above and the Washington broker post-licensing 90-hour First Active Renewal package
Continued Education: Starting at $29
- Individual continuing education courses can be purchased from $29 to $35 based on credit hours
Exam Prep: Starting at $69
- Broker exam packages range from $69 to $119; customize your package for the national or state portion, or a combination of both
360Training: Most Affordable Prelicensing Education
Not only does 360Training boast the lowest price for Washington broker prelicensing courses, but they also offer a selection of continuing education (CE) and post-licensing courses. One of their unique features is the 360Training career development blog, which displays up-to-date content relating to career improvement and market trends.
Since their classes are 100% self-paced online, you have the flexibility to dictate your own schedule. In addition, you can mix-and-match individual courses, although their selection is limited compared to providers like The CE Shop.
Users commended 360Training for the concise and informative classes that could be completed quickly and were easy to manage even while having a full-time job. Others wanted more hands-on interaction with real estate professionals; if you’d like direct advice from experienced experts, consider programs from Kaplan.
The prices offered by 360Training are competitive, but they do not offer as many features and add-ons as other institutions.
- 30-Hour Washington Real Estate Practices: $129
- 60-Hour Washington Real Estate Fundamentals: $159
- 90-Hour Washington Real Estate Basic Pre-License Training Package plus math practice: $159
- 90-Hour Washington Real Estate Premium Pre-License Training Package plus exam prep: $199
Continued Education: Starting at $30
- 90-Hour Washington broker post-licensing First Active Renewal package: $299
- Standard Renewal package: $149
- Individual and packaged bundles: From $30 to $120, based on credit hours
Exam Prep: $79
Real Estate Express: Most Robust Learning Platform
Although Real Estate Express has some of the highest pricing for real estate licensing education in Washington State, their packages come with valuable features that prepare you for your real estate career. Their proprietary Learning Management System (LMS) keeps you on track to complete your licensing classes and holds you accountable with reminders and pacing prompts. Productivity tools like “Smart Bites” aid in your retention of the material along with quizzes, in-course note taking, and free downloadable content.
While some customers loved that their courses contained a lot of text-based material, others were not as happy about it. If you are not a huge reader, consider the OnDemand option given by Kaplan or the livestream option from Rockwell Institute.
Like many national providers, Real Estate Express has a wide array of pricing options that coincide with specific learning features.
Prelicensing: Starting at $309
All packages include the required 90 hours of Washington broker prelicensing education, three e-books, and instructor support.
- The Basics: $309 (includes only the above items)
- Exam Preparation: $369 includes everything in The Basics plus “Pass or Don’t Pay” guarantee and exam prep
- Exam Preparation Plus: $409 includes everything in the packages above plus exam cram video and workbook, dictionary, and live instructor-led Q&A
- Ultimate Learning: $589 includes everything in the packages above plus printed textbook, 90-day boot camp, and “How to Do the Job” content from agents
Continued Education: Starting at $10.95*
- CE PLUS membership: $220 includes 24/7 access, all continuing education (CE) courses for Washington State, on-demand video library, over 100 job aids, and an education specialist
- 30-Hour Renewal Package With Ethics for Residential or Commercial: $168.95
- Individual classes: From $25.95 to $99
*Offered through its partner company, McKissock Learning
Exam Prep: $99
Pro tip: Start your real estate education today with a special offer for our readers from Real Estate Express. Use promo code FSB25 for 25% off your purchase.
OnlineEd: Best for Continuing Education Classes
OnlineEd offers prelicensing courses as well as continuing education classes for Washington brokers pursuing license renewal. Their CE courses are unique because you can either choose from bundled packages or individual classes such as Environmental Issues, Ethics, Risk Management, and more, all starting from the low price of $19 each. Course packages are also offered with add-ons like video or textbooks available for download to your computer, tablet, or Kindle.
Many users enjoyed the scenarios and quizzes scattered throughout the courses. A few found the platform difficult to navigate; to combat that, take a look at navigation tools provided by Real Estate Express.
As a smaller real estate school, OnlineEd offers fewer package options than its competitors but has very reasonable prices.
Prelicensing: Starting at $120
- 30-Hour Washington Real Estate Practices: $120
- 60-Hour Washington Real Estate Fundamentals: $240
- Full 90-Hour Washington Real Estate Pre-License Training Package: $225
Continued Education: Starting at $19
- 90-Hour First Active Renewal post-licensing continuing education package: $134
- 30-Hour Real Estate License Renewal continuing education package: $139
- 30-Hour Advanced Real Estate Practices: $99
- Individual courses: $19 each
Rockwell Institute: Best for Upgrading to a Managing Broker License
Rockwell Institute is a great choice for aspiring Washington real estate agents as well as experienced brokers looking to upgrade to a managing broker license. They offer education for every stage of real estate licensing in a variety of class formats, including self-paced online and livestream options.
Specifically for the managing broker license, you can complete the full 90 hours of required managing broker education online in self-paced classes, after which you will receive all the documentation needed to complete your application. Textbooks are also included with your package.
Rockwell Institute received excellent customer service ratings that applauded their platform’s maneuverability and knowledgeable teachers, while others found that some teachers were a bit lacking. For expert faculty and a stellar national reputation, check out Kaplan or Real Estate Express.
Rockwell Institute only offers real estate classes in Washington and California, so as a local brand, their course packages don’t feature as many add-ons as national providers.
Prelicensing: Starting at $489
All packages include 90 hours of prelicensing education, a cram course, pass guarantee, textbooks, customer service support via phone and email, and the choice of livestream or self-paced classes.
- Exam Prep Package: $489 (only includes the above items)
- Multi-Channel Package: $599 includes everything above plus mix-and-match learning channels
Managing Broker Prelicensing: $489
Continued Education: Starting at $39
- Education available for brokers or managing brokers
- 90-Hour First Active Renewal package: $299
- Standard Renewal package: $149
- Individual and packaged bundles: From $39 to $139 based on credit hours