Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business
Southwest flyers who want a Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® application fee credit
- Earn 80,000 points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- 9,000 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary.
- 3 points per $1 spent on Southwest Airlines® purchases.
- 2 points per $1 spent on social media and search engine advertising, Internet, cable and phone services and 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- 4 Upgraded Boardings per year when available
- Inflight WiFi Credits
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® Fee Credit
- Employee cards at no additional cost, earn points on employee spending.
- Free Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® membership
- Large sign-up bonus that can help qualify for the companion pass
- Receive the best rewards for Southwest purchases compared to other Southwest cards
- High annual fee that isn’t waived in the first year
- Reward redemption value is poor outside of Southwest flights
- Limited options for international travel
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck reimbursement: Receive application fee credits up to $100 for Global Entry or $85 for TSA PreCheck.
- Upgraded bookings: Southwest will reimburse you each anniversary year for the purchase of up to four upgraded boardings,
- Baggage delay insurance: Reimburses you for essential purchases like toiletries and clothing for baggage delays over six hours; up to $100 a day for three days.
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business credit card is a great travel card designed for business owners who frequently fly Southwest Airlines. This small business credit card offers exclusive travel benefits such as in-flight Wi-Fi credits, Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® fee credit, and up to four upgraded boardings per year.
Who the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card Is Best For
- Owners who frequently fly Southwest Airlines: The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card offers three points per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Southwest Airlines. You can redeem these points for free flights.
- Owners who often travel: Aside from free flights, the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card also allows you to redeem your rewards for hotel stays and car rentals from all around the country.
How We Evaluate Travel Rewards Business Credit Cards
When grading travel rewards small business credit cards like the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card, we weigh ongoing rewards, introductory rewards, and additional features heaviest. We also consider the annual fee, introductory no-interest financing period, and ongoing annual percentage rates (APRs).
Highest Possible Score
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card Fees
- Introductory APR: None
- Ongoing APR: 15.99% to 22.99% variable, which adjusts with the prime rate
- Annual fee: $199
- Balance transfer fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Cash advance fee: $15 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater; APR is 24.99%
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card Rewards
- 3 points for every dollar spent directly on Southwest Airlines®, including flights, in-flight purchases, Southwest gift cards, and Southwest Vacations package purchases
- 2 points for every dollar spent on social media and search engine advertising, internet, cable, and phone services
- 1 point for every dollar spent on all other purchases
- 9,000 bonus points each account anniversary
- Four complimentary seat upgrades per year, when available
Welcome offer: Earn 80,000 points after you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening.
You can redeem your points for free flights to more than 90 destinations with Southwest Airlines or for international flights on more than 50 global carriers. You can also use points for free night stays and car rentals or for merchandise like electronics, golf supplies, luggage, and travel accessories. You can also redeem at least 3,000 points for gift cards.
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card Features
Four Upgraded Bookings per Year
Southwest will reimburse you each anniversary year for the purchase of up to four upgraded boardings, which are boarding positions A1 through A15. You can purchase upgraded boardings at your gate or ticket counter on the day of travel only, when available. Depending on your itinerary, upgraded boardings cost $30, $40, or $50, making this benefit worth up to $200.
Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® Reimbursement
You can receive one statement credit every four years when you use the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business credit card to apply for Global Entry ($100) or TSA Pre✓® ($85). These programs offer you shorter airport security lines and expedited security screenings.
In-flight Wi-Fi Credits
When you use your Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card to purchase Wi-Fi access on Wi-Fi-enabled fights, you’ll receive in-flight Wi-Fi credits in the form of a statement credit. Southwest limits in-flight Wi-Fi credits to 365 $8 credits per year for all Wi-Fi transactions on your account.
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
When you use your Chase credit card to rent a car, Chase provides reimbursement for damage due to collision or theft up to the actual cash value of most rental vehicles. Only rentals of 31 consecutive days or less are covered. This is primary coverage, which means you don’t have to file a claim with your own personal auto insurance or accept the rental company’s insurance. This does not cover expensive, exotic, and antique automobiles, vans, trucks, motorcycles, and recreational vehicles.
Baggage Delay Insurance
You are covered with baggage daily insurance if your checked luggage is delayed or misdirected by a carrier for more than six hours. You and your immediate family members will be eligible for a $100-per-day benefit for up to three days. Items that are excluded from this coverage are prosthetics, jewelry, tickets, cash, and electronic equipment.
Purchase protection covers new purchases against theft or damage for the first 120 days after purchase. Chase may repair, replace, or reimburse you up to $10,000 per item and $50,000 per year. Animals and living plants, motorized vehicles, computer software, jewelry, medical equipment, consumables, real estate, and items for resale are not covered.
Extended Warranty Protection
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business credit card offers an extended warranty of up to one additional year of coverage on warranties of three years or less. Items that are excluded from this protection are motorized vehicles, computer software, medical equipment, real estate, rented items, and preowned items.
Travel Accident Insurance
When you use your Southwest business credit card to pay for your air, bus, train, or cruise transportation, you and your immediate family members are eligible for travel accident insurance up to $500,000. Incidents that are covered included loss of life, limbs, sight, speech, or hearing. To be eligible, the travel fares should have been paid for entirely using your card or with your Southwest rewards.
Lost Baggage Reimbursement
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business credit card provides lost luggage reimbursement up to $3,000 on any lost carry-on baggage or checked baggage while in transit. That coverage also includes a benefit up to $500 for jewelry, watches, cameras, video recorders, and other electronic equipment. Documents or valuable papers, money, securities, tickets, checks, traveler’s checks, and furs are not covered.
Travel & Emergency Assistance Services
The cardholder, their spouse, and dependent children age 22 years or younger will have access to travel, emergency, medical, and legal assistance 24 hours a day. As this is only a concierge service, the cardholders will be responsible for the cost of any goods or services provided.
Southwest Rapid® Rewards Performance Business Credit Card Alternatives
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card
Receiving rewards on Southwest purchases
- Earn 60,000 points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- 6,000 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary.
- 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest® purchases and Rapid Rewards® hotel and car rental partner purchases.
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Earn points on employee spending
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- No blackout dates when you redeem points, no seat restrictions, bags fly free®, and no change fees
- No foreign transaction fees
- Aids in qualifying for elite status with Southwest
- Helps owners earn the Southwest Companion Pass
- Rewards program is tailored to Southwest-related purchases
- Lacks premium Southwest Airlines perks
- Lost luggage reimbursement: Receive coverage up to $3,000 if you or your immediate family members’ checked or carry-on bags are damaged or lost.
- Baggage delay insurance: Reimburses you for essential purchases like toiletries and clothing for baggage delays over six hours; up to $100 a day for 3 days.
- Purchase protection: Covers purchases for 120 days against damage or theft. Coverage is capped at $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account.
Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
BEST FOR Maximizing travel rewards at a lower annual fee
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Maximizing travel rewards at a lower annual fee
American Express Business Platinum Card®
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Gaining access to unrivaled travel rewards and luxury travel perks like airport lounge access
- Welcome Offer: Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Platinum Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when you book on amextravel.com.
- Breeze through security with CLEAR® where available and get up to $179 back per year on your membership when you use your Card.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- PAY OVER TIME OPTION: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.
- Terms Apply.
- Free access to more than 1,200 airport lounges worldwide
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® membership fee reimbursements
- Balance is due in full monthly
- Steep $595 annual fee
- American Express lounges: Free access to American Express’ network of Centurion lounges located in slightly less than a dozen US airports.
- Other airport lounges: Priority Pass Select membership, which gets you free access to more than 1,000 lounges worldwide for you and two guests.
- Airport screening: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry every 4 years or $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every 4 1/2 years.
- Travel credit: A $200 annual statement credit toward air travel expenses like baggage fees and inflight food and drink.
- Rental status: Elite status at a number of car rental agencies.
- Free Wi-Fi: 10 annual free Gogo inflight Wi-Fi passes.
- Rebate for redeemed points: 35% points rebate if you book a business or first-class flight, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Dell statement credit: Up to $200 in statement credits annually for Dell purchases.
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card is best for business owners who are frequent Southwest Airlines flyers. This business credit card allows you to earn rewards that can be redeemed for free flights, hotel stays, car rentals, and gift cards. Visit our credit card marketplace to find other business credit cards that may be a better fit for you.